First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 80 81 82
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2018-08-11 14:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Check out the guide over at BG. It should give you an idea of what to aim for.

I wouldn't worry as much about making RMEA as I would be concerned with really building out your armor sets. Armor has a much stronger effect on performance than weapons, honestly.

With that said, there are better daggers you could be using that aren't hard to get. Look into Taming Sari, Skinflayer, Polyhymnia and/or Izhiikoh.

I've read the guide, but there's just a bit too much there to really process in a rational manner. I also don't have a huge amount of income so I generally have to do things piece by piece.

I do have a Polyhymnia, and it is fully upgraded. I have an Izhiikoh, and an Ipetam. I'll check what augments I have on the Ipetam in a bit. Sari I have had zero luck in getting from SR (and I have zero luck with SR at all, I've only ever gotten a win in there twice, haven't done it since I got back into the game last month.) Skinflayer I might be able to get when our LS does another Aeonic run, whenever that is.
 Asura.Pusheen
Server: Asura
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2018-08-12 16:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there REALLY no better options for belt and head when AM3 is up other than Kentarch+1 and Herc Helm with STP+? These seem like net dps losses even with AM up versus there counterparts when AM is down.

So far heres what I have for AM3 up using Terp/Twash:

Ammo: Ginsen (Yamarang when ACC isnt capped)
Head: Read above
Ear1: Sherida
Ear2: Telos
Neck: Anu Torque (Ainia I guess if you want to edge out that 1SPT)
Body: Ashera Harness
Hands: Adhemar +1
Ring1: Epona's (Too good)
Ring2: Chirch Ring +1
Back: Senua's (DEX/ACC/ATT/STP/PDT)
Waist: Read Above
Legs: Samnuha
Feet: Horos +3
By phunky 2018-08-12 16:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using Maculele Tiara +1 for my head. 2 more STP and a bit less acc and atk than capped aug Herc helm.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vyy
Server: Leviathan
user: Whenever
By Leviathan.Vyy 2018-08-12 17:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pusheen said: »
Is there REALLY no better options for belt and head when AM3 is up other than Kentarch+1 and Herc Helm with STP+? These seem like net dps losses even with AM up versus there counterparts when AM is down

There is no need to stress over it tbh, just use Adhemar Bonnet +1 and Windbuffet Belt +1.

Quote:
[the margins of STP Set and MultiHit Set can be minuscule depending on sub job options and provided buffs, for more explanation refer to this thread http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31534/math-oax-multi-attack-and-you/3/]

And even if Acc is capped the defensive stats on Yamarang still pushes way ahead than a simple Ginsen.
Attk is also capped if acc is, and tbh with any Relic piece its so easy to compensate that lost 10 attack from Ginsen.
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2018-08-12 19:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I know Volte Harness could be a substitute in terms of STP10 in the body slot until Ashera Harness, is Mummu Jacket +2 next BiS? Thanks again.
By phunky 2018-08-12 20:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Turms Harness +1 has 12 STP and Herc body with STP are alternates.
[+]
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2018-08-12 20:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

phunky said: »
Turms Harness +1 has 12 STP and Herc body with STP are alternates.

Thank you. Completely forgot about that piece.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-13 01:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vyy said: »
Attk is also capped if acc is
Wut?
Why are you even assuming that?
Aside from Zerg scenarios where you gonna have a gazilion of buffs (often SPed) I can think of a plethora of situations where acc will be capped and att will not.
 Leviathan.Vyy
By Leviathan.Vyy 2018-08-13 01:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah was talking about capped situations.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-13 02:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

In my opinion (don't take it personally please, I swear I have nothing against you) I think this is a shortsighted error that many people fall under when theorycrafting for their own FFXI job.

The recent influx of powerful pieces with a lot of attack on them (for instance Relic+3) was often underestimated (I'm guilty myself) but it can actually provide quite an interesting DPS increase in situations where you're not attack capped.

I can acknowledge though that adding "capped / non capped" variations to all the plethora of multiple sets we have, can be quite a major annoyance.
Especially when you already have a ton of WSs sets that already give you a headache when you try to keep them all up to date lol
 Leviathan.Vyy
By Leviathan.Vyy 2018-08-13 03:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

On the contrary, I value your insight.

However, there seems to be a misunderstanding.
The premise where I mentioned attack is capped if acc was capped was a response to why Yamarang will outperform Ginsen in almost any "scenario" capped or not.

And that limiting the use of Yamarang to only when acc isn't capped is not a wise decision to begin with, irrespective to how strong this ammo is from a defensive stance anyway.

We both even mentioned how relic +3 is often overlooked and that in my case I mentioned that using even a single piece will offset the decision on using Ginsen over Yamarang in favor of Yamarang 100% of the time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-13 06:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there REALLY no better options for belt and head when AM3 is up other than Kentarch+1 and Herc Helm with STP+? These seem like net dps losses even with AM up versus there counterparts when AM is down.

Approaching Terp topics is quite tricky, but maybe take my views with a grain of salt.

I know this could be argumentative, but that's how I view Terp Mechanics:

1-Terp is an excellent dagger, and in order to preform its best, the window of OAT needs to be wider than Multi Hits [Aka STP path]

2-There is really no need to assume that your AM3 will be down during the fight because DNC is excellent at accumulating TP to refresh AM3 at will.[No need for TP set when AM down unless you also play with other daggers].

As of late and focusing on SE's natrual approach to Gear...

Dancers Current "Default" TP sets include tons of multihits which means in the grander scheme of things focusing on [STP TP] set is exclusively related to Terp and possibly more time/gil consuming to make than the available options, but....!

ItemSet 360516

This set has a mix of MH and STP and proved to be the highest DPS of 3950.190.

This set provides 74+15=89 STP when /SAM.
Enough to cover everything you need and make your round/ws the lowest among any other combination [could possibly hit 1.9-2.1 rounds/ws]

So in conclusion and since it was mentioned before, mixing things up is proving the findings reported in that link.
[+]
By Elizabet 2018-08-13 06:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Side note to the above set, How much theoretical dps is lost from Petrov ring swap to moonlight ring?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-13 07:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Around 60ish~
If it was up to me I’d probably stay with moonlight on higher spammy content.
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2018-08-13 08:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve used Maculele Tiara +1 for a long time in my TP set as a Terp user. 8 STP is quite good. Glad to see I’m not the only one that does this.

Also Katriina, you prefer Windbuffet +1 to Kentarch +1?

Similarly, how much of a DPS difference is it to swap out Epona’s for Moonlight? I stopped using Epona’s awhile ago.

Just curious! Thanks as always.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-13 09:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Splendid,
I’m not near spreadsheet but based on memory, both belt and ring[in posted set] gave higher DPS than the ones you mentioned provided you have SAM roll.

Would say around 2-3% increase.

Also, I highly think when SE upgrades Empy Head it will become BiS for all daggers!
[+]
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2018-08-13 22:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »

Approaching Terp topics is quite tricky, but maybe take my views with a grain of salt.

I know this could be argumentative, but that's how I view Terp Mechanics:

1-Terp is an excellent dagger, and in order to preform its best, the window of OAT needs to be wider than Multi Hits [Aka STP path]

2-There is really no need to assume that your AM3 will be down during the fight because DNC is excellent at accumulating TP to refresh AM3 at will.[No need for TP set when AM down unless you also play with other daggers].

As of late and focusing on SE's natrual approach to Gear...

Dancers Current "Default" TP sets include tons of multihits which means in the grander scheme of things focusing on [STP TP] set is exclusively related to Terp and possibly more time/gil consuming to make than the available options, but....!

ItemSet 360516

This set has a mix of MH and STP and proved to be the highest DPS of 3950.190.

This set provides 74+15=89 STP when /SAM.
Enough to cover everything you need and make your round/ws the lowest among any other combination [could possibly hit 1.9-2.1 rounds/ws]

So in conclusion and since it was mentioned before, mixing things up is proving the findings reported in that link.

This is basically the set I came up with as well, although I prefer Chirch Ring+1 to Petrov as the 1DA is basically useless. Chirich+1 adds 1 more stp along with 10acc and a whopping 10 subtle blow (I know most people don't care about this stat but its actually pretty important).

I would only use Moonlight in either a DT or hybrid style set, thats just my personal choice/playstyle.
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2018-08-19 13:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Need Advice: Got a DM roll on my Herc Gloves i think could stadn up to +3 hands from omen.

Herculean Gloves:
Accuracy +39 Attack+14
Macc+6 Mab+2
DA+2
Wsd+9%

Using these gloves over Maxixi+3 would be a loss of 5xSTR 6xDEX 31xATT 1x WSD for a gain of TA+2 DA+2.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-20 04:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know your [TP Set/WS Set/Weapons/WS of choice] to give accurate answer using spreadsheets but:

Aeneas/Twashtar Bis:
DM Hands: 15110 Rudra.
AF3 Hands: 16270 Rudra.[AF3 leads by 7%]

Terp/Twashtar Bis:
DM Hands: 15679 PK.
AF3 Hands: 16007 PK.[AF3 leads by 2%]

In PK route, there is a possibility that if you used [Saber Dance] right before PK or [Striking Flourish]...DM Hands will Lead.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-20 14:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Katriina I can't find your post where you were comparing Horos Tights +2/+3 with Samnuha and other options for various WSs.
Where is it? ><

I just upgraded to +2, slowly waiting for +3, and I was wondering if they are already better than some of the things I use.
...guess I'm gonna have to Spreadsheet lol
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-21 06:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Sechs,

If I recall correctly I only compared [Lust+1] with [Horos +3] for Rudra and [Horos +3] won by 200..

Once I have more time I can do comparisons for other WS's or you can try yourself XD

Edit:

Terp/Twashtar:
PK BiS: 16129
PK Horos+3:15731
Evi BiS:13646
Evi Horos +3:12936

Aeneas/Twashtar:
PK BiS: 12319
PK Horos+3:11960
Evi BiS:13668
Evi Horos +3:13291

Easy enough to decide..
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-21 09:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting Horos +2 behind Lust+1 but above Samnuha (perf) which is what I'm using right now lol, so yeah I'm gonna switch to Horos+2.

Talkin bout Rudra of course!
 Asura.Splendid
By Asura.Splendid 2018-08-21 09:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Horos tights +3 is definitely better than Lustratio subligar +1 for Rudras. It’s interesting the +2s are still ahead as well.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-21 09:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

+2 ahead of Lust+1? You sure?
Without set bonus I bet, no chance it wins with set bonus.
Also I guess only when att is not capped. The huge amount of att on Horos+2/+3 is quite a big impact on final numbers, but obviously that only matters when you're att uncapped.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-08-21 10:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lustratio vs Horos is so slim of a difference offensively.

Defensively, wearing Lustratio is about the same as being naked in those slots. DPS-sink from dying is a lot worse than a few pts of DEX/WSD.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-21 10:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a valid concern but unlike midcast gear for casting and stuff, the insta-equip on JAs like WS is so fast (same packet if I recall?) that the chances of getting hit while wearing it are really really slim.

I mean, they do exist, but I wouldn't really worry about it in the majority of content, unless you're afraid of some aftercast error/packetloss that leaves you TPing in WS gear by accident.

(raise your hand if it happened to you! o/ )

Also, Lustratio+1 WITH set bonus vs Horos+3 is only slim (in favor of horos) at capped attack.
If you have no other Lustratio items (no set bonus) and/or your att isn't capped, that slim margin suddenly becomes not so slim anymore :p

I can't explain it in math terms, but I also noticed that the "size" of this difference, increases and then decreases with the more buffs you get.
Starting with zero buffs, the difference is small. As you start getting more buffs it becomes bigger, until you get closer to the att cap, then it becomes small again.

At least this is what I noticed on the spreadsheet with my gear in the scenarios I tested
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
By Asura.Splendid 2018-08-21 10:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

There’s no set bonus from Horos. Are you talking about Maxixi? +10% WSD is pretty hefty. Shoot for +3s.

Edit: Ah you’re talking about Lustratio set bonuses. My bad. :3
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-08-21 18:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
This is a valid concern but unlike midcast gear for casting and stuff, the insta-equip on JAs like WS is so fast (same packet if I recall?) that the chances of getting hit while wearing it are really really slim.

I mean, they do exist, but I wouldn't really worry about it in the majority of content, unless you're afraid of some aftercast error/packetloss that leaves you TPing in WS gear by accident.

(raise your hand if it happened to you! o/ )

Hehe yeah, pretty much in those instances.

Had it happen a few times in ambus over the past few months, totally get one-shotted out of the blue from AOE or conal when WS'ing.

I love Lustratio as much as the next guy, but being defenseless is always in the back of my mind when I go to WS. Less so now that I replaced legs w/ Horos.

There are people that use almost full-Lustratio set on RUN for Resolution... now that's ballsy.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-08-21 19:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi gang,

I'm using Terp/max Taming at the moment, currently using (mostly) a STP build, but I'm having a hard time dealing with augments.

I have Horos shoes+3, but I have a Herc. feet with ATT+21 ACC+21 TA+4 that I was using prior, and I'm having trouble justifying swapping to Horos (even though the effective STP is massive).

Likewise, I have a herc gloves with ACC+10 ATT+10 QA+3, compared against Adhemar+1.

Otherwise I'm using the BiS STP build (minus Ashera harness, I'm using Horos+3 body instead).

Do the X-hit on my hands/feet beat the other options listed? Thanks
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-22 01:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going for full STP builds (can't blame you, it's very very effective with Terp's AM3 up) it's quite likely Horos+3 are gonna beat your Herc (excellent augs btw! /envy).

Thing is, the positional limit can be quite annoying.
It means standing in range of conal AoE
It means that you're unavoidably going to lose attacks, turns and more because the monster will turn facing someone else other than you.
The spreadsheet can't really take into account stuff like that...
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 80 81 82