Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 80 81 82
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-20 10:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You can arguably build Aenaes faster than the time it would take you to get 2 Capped Sari. Random augment items are incremental improvements vs immediate results. You can get a decent stat you like and continue to build on it over time, without having to drop your previous progress.

The reason I feel Skinflayer is more favorable of an option tha Sari is because the limitations behind how often you can augment that item via Oseem are far less restrictive than through Sinister Reign. You cannot re-roll a previous Sari, so you'd have to do SR (over and over again), hope at a 33% chance to see Arciela, then hope for a ~10% chance to see the dagger, and THEN it needs to be capped/good enough to beat Skinflayer. If it's not good, you have to do that entire process all over again. That is a lot of random to put your time into for one particular item. With Skinflayer, you get the weapon once, and can augment it until eternity, with the only restrictions being how many stones you have (which can easily be bought or farmed).

General rule of thumb for SR: do it with zero intention on getting anything specific. Just keep doing it and grab anything that's capped. Eventually, what you want will be acquired, or you'll be stuck with only 1-2 things left to get and never see it because the probability of getting that one item you want goes down so much more when you have everything else. Empirically, it's a horrible reward system, and the only reason why I have capped 4/5 founders, ochu, tam, vampirism, and nearly everything else (besides the good stuff I want) is because I did the damn fights over 500 times and eventually the random number gods shined on me. If you add up the potential Bayld I lost, the system worked totally out of my favor. Too bad you can't trade items back to Balamor for better items. I'd gladly do a 5-1 conversion for a choice at a capped piece. 10-1 would even be okay.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-06-20 15:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Even an imperfect Safi is a great weapon -- nobody ever said it has to be prefect.

Meanwhile, OP would be able to pick up a whole bunch of other stuff that is useful on the job, like Sam Tights, Damp Tamp, Lilitu, etc. And Delve mats for cash. And battle experience.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-20 16:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Elizabet said: »
Odds of grabbing taming saris at this point is kinda low. Should I go buy a blurred +1? Should I go get 2 skinflayers? Or just keep tooting about with a combination of what I currently have till something EMA finishes building?

If.. for whatever reason you cant get your hands on a pair of Skinflayers and/or farming/buying stones is an issue then Polyhymnia is your go to option for main-hand and Enchufla for Off-hand (if you're still not master on DNC).

These two daggers are a huge upgrade (Also almost free) from your current daggers, they will cap your delay with maxed magic haste/samba and help with other utilities that you need at the moment more than anything while you farm the rest of your gear/weapons.

Also what Arislan said about SR is important to consider for gear, legs are a must I'm afraid.

If you have the Gil to "Buy" Aeonic then Skinflyer is a breeze to get along the way for Off-Hand or you can use Polyhymnia with it ... but if I were you I would use that Gil on HQ/Relic/AF/Empy gear instead.

FYI, I still offhand Perfect Taming Sari on HELMs when /THF and use Twashtar Main.. that added DEX STR on it makes a noticeable difference.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Elizabet 2018-06-20 23:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My current TP set (Samnuha Tights are [Str+9 Dex+8, DA +2, TA+2] RawHide is path B, Adhemar bonnet is path A)
ItemSet 359601

In light of you guys saying I should use Polychufla, should I swap dual wield earring set to double attack earring set?

Side note, I just finished getting all AF, Relic and Empty gear to 109. Working on getting them up to 119. I also have some Meg+1s and Mummu +1s but no body armor of them yet.

JSE cape is coming next (-_-;)

My Ipetam is [Str+15, Dex+15, Acc+16, DA+3] if that changes anything.

Edit: only @250 JP on my DNC journey atm.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-21 01:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the thing:

Dual Wield really depends on the amount of Haste you get from Magic,Gear,JA Haste.
As Dancers we naturally have [T4 DW = -30%] for none master.
So technically to cap delay [hit faster] you have to know how much you get from other forms of delay reduction.

I don't see the need to post all possible sets since in game meta nowadays you will almost always have a form of Haste on you and DW has diminishing returns. but to play it safe:
You are not master yet so you will need 6DW in [gear or dagger] to cap delay (if capped haste), once you hit 1200 JP you will only need 1DW (I dont even bother with it).

and as far as your TP set, you might want to switch to this (if closed position is 5/5)
ItemSet 359608

You can offhand Ipetam but it has a horrible delay :P (wish I can use mine it has QA 2 DA4 on it)
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-21 18:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from the fact that other pieces would be much better (for instance Herc Body with WSD I assume), which piece would be the best Rudra option between these two? Actually three.

Horos Casaque +3
Mummu Jacket +2
Mummu Jacket +2 (set bonus)

From what I quickly checked on the spreadsheet I saw that when attack is uncapped, Horos wins by a large margin.

When attack is capped Horos and Mummu+2 are kinda on par, with Mummu slightly ahead.
Mummu+2 with set bonus wins by a considerable margin.

Does any of this make any sense to anybody else?
If anybody else is interested I get Horos+3 destroying pretty much any other option in TP for Aeneas MH, aside from kinda perf aug/DM aug Herc. (Confirming the results Katriina posted a few pages ago)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-21 18:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, opinions on Pyrrhic Kleos body between:

Rawhide (A)
Horos +3

Again I get Horos winning by a large margin when att is uncapped. When att is capped they're very very close (with Rawhide slightly ahead)
By Zyx1337 2018-06-21 20:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently using Adhehmar +1 for body with PK but my PK set isn't all that great. Still need to make Relic +3 body (have legs/feet).

Has anyone done any testing with Raetic Kris +1 offhand with say Aspir samba II and maybe RDM sub(refresh)? be curious to see if that's any good.

Seems impossible to not have TP overflow with Terp main hand and PK, even in groups where there's weapon skill spam It feels like the occasional darkness would offset the lower dmg from not using PK
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-22 09:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Aside from the fact that other pieces would be much better (for instance Herc Body with WSD I assume), which piece would be the best Rudra option between these two? Actually three.

Horos Casaque +3
Mummu Jacket +2
Mummu Jacket +2 (set bonus)

Both are great options to use, based on buffs of course.
But...
If it was up to me I would probably use Body options in this order:(for non-clim)

1-Maxixi Casaque +3
2-Horos Casaque +3
3-Turms Harness +1
4-Volte Harness
5-Mummu Jacket +2

For PK, Lustratio Harness +1 Path A is Bis
But with Striking Flourish Horos +3

Zyx1337 said: »
Has anyone done any testing with Raetic Kris +1 offhand

0/11 tries so far to craft Dagger
I'm very much invested in testing it out... but not for PK Terp, more as Empy offhand to be honest.
with Twashtar/Raetic Kris +1 you will have the lowest delay possible with an insane amount of TP overflow and multi attacks for AM3.
Best guess is, it would be the most devastating combo.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-22 10:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Kat.
Altough I'm still a bit unconvinced from my results and yours and I'm really wondering what could be making results so different in our tests. I will post my gear at the end of this post. Possibly the fact that I barely have any WSD gear is giving me results so different from yours?

Anyway, adding more details. From the spreadsheet I'm getting these numbers for unstacked Rudra. (for Climactic I normally use Meghanada+2 anyway)

Capped Attack
1) Mummu+2 (bonus) - 13546
2) Mummu+2 - 13366
3) Rawhide A - 13354 (eeeeew...)
4) Horos+3 - 13302
5) Maxixi+3 - 13224

At almost zerobuffs attack (around 1200 att) I'm getting:
1) Horos+3 - 6821
2) Maxixi+3 - 6542
3) Rawhide A - 6533
4) Mummu+2 (bonus) - 6531
5) Mummu+2 - 6445

At somewhat mid att buffs (~1800 att) I'm getting:
1) Horos+3 - 10245
2) Mummu+2 (bonus) - 9875
3) Maxixi+3 - 9864
4) Rawhide A - 9862
5) Mummu+2 - 9744

Now... I don't really want to have 200000 different sets for my WS that I use according to how little or small att I have. I want a compromise, the best compromise that will perform roughly the best in the majority of situations.
From this list I really don't know what to pick, but I was kinda leaning for Horos+3 maybe?

My default unstacked Rudra set is this atm:
Aeneas // p Tari // __ // Charis Feather
p Lilitu // Caro // Sherida // Moonshade
body_slot // Maxixi+3 // Regal // Ilabrat
SenunaWSD // Grunfeld // Samnuha-1 // Mummu+2

(surprisingly enough Sherida is giving me slightly better numbers than Ishvara)
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-22 12:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, are you sure the set bonus is 8 DEX and not 16 when using ring?
I don't remember if it was fixed on spreadsheet.

I also noticed you have more STR in your set than any other "recommended" rudra sets, this will alter your fSTR slightly making AF3 body last in capped attack.(scenario 1)

Or ... Im missing something in buffs like Acc..

In my list I didnt use mummu ring for set bonus and AF3 Body was on top because of regal set bonus I believe (I dont think Acc was capped).
And obviously I dont have that much STR as yours since I use lust+1 path B legs, and I think once I switch to Relic +3 legs it will be close to yours..

We discussed before the earring XD

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Ok Based on your set you have 20STP more than the Standard Rudra set [Which has 3STP only and 8 at Max if someone used Sherida]

Thats almost 8 times higher in [TP return] and if you factor in your TP set [STP values and multihit procs] you're looking at a considerable increase in [High TP Rudras] meaning on AVG your Rudras are larger than the set with 3-8 STP, but not in DPS with BiS since you're only at 20% WSDMG, where as BiS got 34% WSDMG.

The 5 STP from earring is 20% in value from the overall STP in WS Set.
My guess is Sherida will always win in your set since 2% added to your 20% WSDMG is going to be lower than the 5 STP in over-flow.

P.S I excluded Aeneas STP values.

Hope that helps ~
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-22 12:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Hmmm, are you sure the set bonus is 8 DEX and not 16 when using ring?
I haven't checked in the spreadsheet but, regardless, I don't use Mummu ring in my sets atm :3

Quote:
(I dont think Acc was capped).
In my sets I'm also assuming capped accuracy in all tests. I normally don't factor Acc in the spreadsheet because I handle it in other ways. Anyway, just for the sake of it, the Rudra set I posted above has 1237 Acc (no buffs at all)
Regardless, Horos and Maxixi are pretty close in acc, if you exclude the set bonus, then of course Maxixi wins by a large margin.

Quote:
and I think once I switch to Relic +3 legs it will be close to yours..
I have all plans to switch to Relic+3 legs myself, but for now I'm waiting to slowly farm Shards and Voids without having to buy 'em.

Quote:
We discussed before the earring XD
Sorry >< I really have an awful memory, I apologize!

Anyway, for now I updated my sets with Horos+3. Given my current options I think it's gonna be, overall, my best option for unstacked Rudra.
Yeah mummu+2 (bonus) is better at capped attack but w/e, Horos is a decent compromise.

Any suggestion for feet slot btw? For Rudra I mean. Atm using lolmummu+2 because I lack better options.
Trying to get WSD on Herculean but I've failed miserably on the last 2 DM campaigns.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-22 12:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I think I will be team Horos as well tbh.

If you manage to get on Herc Feet 15 DEX 3-4% WSD using Taupe Stones it would be great (its not that hard and taupe is very cheap to buy or farm), if not.. then Mummu is fine.

You can also use Relic +3, AF +3 feet or if you happen to get your hands on Volte Spats...

Asura.Sechs said: »
I have all plans to switch to Relic+3 legs myself, but for now I'm waiting to slowly farm Shards and Voids without having to buy 'em.

Managed to make 3/5 that way, but it was very slow lol.. its okay though.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-22 12:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I have cards for AF feet+3 but haven't upgraded them yet. (it's like what, ~6mils in gil?)

I do plan to get Horos+3 feet though. Not much for the Close Position thing, but for the Steps thing.
Low priority atm though.
I haven't tested but I can see Horos+3 being better than Mummu+2, despite the lower DEX, at least at uncapped att.

Potentially Maculele+3 could be the best if they receive at least all stats+10! But gonna be a long wait 'til those xD
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-22 12:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah! cant wait on Maculele!
By Zyx1337 2018-06-22 16:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, maybe I'll wait and see what happens next month with this new weapon before making the investment in Raetic or twash.

Definitely look forward to see if you can test Raetic Kris +1 though, which server are you on?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-23 02:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wat
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-23 02:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Zyx1337 said: »
Hmm, maybe I'll wait and see what happens next month with this new weapon before making the investment in Raetic or twash.

For some reason I have the inclination to believe that Divergence Weapons will take a really long time to finish.

Possibly done with Medals and Mats from [Wave 3], something along the lines of this (all assumptions and daydreaming)..

Stage 1: Base Weapon + 10 Beastmen's Medals + 10 TE Boss Drops
Stage 2: Stage 1 Weapon + 15 Beastmen's Medals + 15 Kindred's Medal + 5 Hydra Drops
Stage 3: Stage 2 Weapon + 60 Kindred's Medal + 1 Mega Boss Drop

SE could also introduce a point system where you need a certain amount to buy a KI for each weapon or simply requiring you to win all zones for each weapon you make.

Drops can be "Exclusive" or "Sell-able"

As for Weapons Design, it might have a new paradigm, such as providing Massive Attributes under AM [600 under AM3 400 under AM2, 200 under AM1] + Have a very high Base Damage with normal delay, e.g A Dagger with 160 DMG, 200 Delay!

They might add Direct Defensive traits such as MEVA,DT and add 100 to skills.

The new dagger can be:

Stiletto
DMG:160 Delay:200 Magic Damage+255, Dagger skill +369, Parrying skill +369 Magic Accuracy skill +328, DT -10%, MEVA +50, "Dancing Edge" Aftermath: Increases DEX,AGI,CHR potency.

By Elizabet 2018-06-25 02:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So i'm now on the 50 Glavoid Shells part. As a Dnc, did you guys Aeolian Edge cleave for large Chest or red procs up the NM food chain?
By BlaTheTaru 2018-06-25 02:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Elizabet said: »
So i'm now on the 50 Glavoid Shells part. As a Dnc, did you guys Aeolian Edge cleave for large Chest or red procs up the NM food chain?

We had some friends come out and we did a little of everything. I cleaved, and red procced. Glavoid is miserable either way.
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-06-25 03:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

No I would start at eft then check the timed NM's while popping/farming the other 2 then repeat. Also if you can make more gil then in the time it would take you to farm a pop try and buy them.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-25 03:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve done Twashtar since Aby came out (horrible times), but right now when I’m farming other Empys I usually go THF/WAR and build Amber, Azure with magic Trusts.
A good AE set with the right atma can cleave very effectively almost anything.
I use regain and MAB ones.

You can combin building lights while making pops also and/or wait on Aby event to farm boxes... Glavoid sucks! good luck with it.
I know for a fact that I will never farm Mandy again >.>
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-25 05:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about THF cleaving and Aeolian Edge, does anybody have an updated set?
I'm wondering for some slots how to balance MAB/INT versus WSD.
There's gotta be a balance threshold between the two.
Maybe it's similar to Pet: MAB vs BPD for Summoner?

For instance some slots that come to mind:
Legs slot: Herc (mab aug) or Limbo trousers vs Horos+3
Hands slot: Herc (mab aug) or Leyline Gloves (perf) vs Maxixi+3
Cape slot: WSD 10% cape vs one of the plenty Mab capes available to DNC

In these specific slots I get the feeling that WSD is gonna win given it's a huge amount (10%).
But I guess that kinda depends on what sort of Mab we're talking about.
If we're taling about 40-50 Dark Matter Mab aug on hands or legs, that might win?
Dunno.

Anybody ever bothered to test this stuff?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-25 06:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the same set between DNC and THF (switching between relics AF and capes):

ItemSet 359671

Cape is DEX 30 WSD 10%

This Set has 207 MAB and 48% wsDMG

Bear in mind that AE set is very flexible, you can keep trying different pieces to gain the highest DMG possible and its easy to math it out.

Use this in every set you use and whichever gives the highest should be the best:( MANY factors contribute to this during fight: Mob's MDB, dINT, dDEX, Day/Weather, Resists, Affinity ..etc )

[Total MAB * (100+Set WSD%)/100]

Note:In my case I got lucky with DM Augments (was trying for COR RNG) and managed to get 35+ MAB 8-9 WSD on 2/3 Hercs.
By monkey33333333 2018-06-26 06:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

heyo what is a 4 or 5 step light SC i can make on DNC. plz and ty ^^
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-06-26 06:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you change weapons mid-skillchain, it's not possible due to the lack of means to make Fusion on dagger WS for DNC. It's possible for THF though.
By monkey33333333 2018-06-26 07:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ahhhh so its thf i am thinking of
kk TYVM ^^
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-06-26 07:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible with a weapon swap for first step:

Burning Blade / Spinning Attack > Cyclone > Exenterator > Exenterator