The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 80 81 82
 Fenrir.Aisaka
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Kari
By Fenrir.Aisaka 2017-05-27 07:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a remotely up-to-date DPS spreadsheet?
Previously I would use those to plug my own gear in and figure out what's better between X or Y for Z, but I'd like to avoid adding tons of new gear to it if someone already has one.

Also, the BG Guide has a lot of sets that I don't quite get. TP sets especially. I own a Terpsichore and a majority of my time is spent with capped magic haste, isn't Eabani Earring overall bad?

If I can get Adhemar +1 stuff (a while off for now), how do my sets change?

Gearing in this game has always been a massive question mark for me, and it doesn't help that I take very long breaks from it. At least with a spreadsheet I can sorta figure out what I have/can obtain that is worthwhile to use.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-05-27 13:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Eabani is a poor choice when magic haste capped, yes. Brutal, Cessance, or Telos would be superior options.

I would not follow that Terpsichore set closely, if I were you. Completely forgoing multi-attack, even with AM3, is not a good choice. AM3 does nothing for your off-hand, so it's not like 2-handers where AM3 is a complete upheaval in terms of gearing. Replacing 4TA Herculean gear with 5STP is not advisable. Now the back, neck, hands, and waist really aren't an issue, as those are generally solid items, but losing 12 TA for 15 STP is a very bad trade. I don't have the hypothetical best set available at the moment, as I'm not at home, but hopefully someone will have an updated spreadsheet for you within some responses.

HQ Adhemar head/hands/body are exceptional for Pyrrhic, as each piece offers high multi-attack and a large boost to both STR and DEX on path B. For TPing, the head and hands are great options, but the body is ignored during magic haste capped situations due to the DW on it.

EDIT: Gonna have to eat crow, here. Had a DNC shellmate run the numbers while I'm out, and the STP build actually does beat TA options when subbing SAM. The margin is slight, but it's enough to make STP the superior option during AM3 with /SAM. TA wins out while /WAR, but is overall a bit behind the STP choices with /SAM. Never actually seen a situation in which AM3 changes that much for a 1-hander job, so I'm very surprised by that outcome. Apologies for misinformation in the original post.
By hobo 2017-05-27 15:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

For Pyrrhic dont we want HQ Lustraio hat + feet? hat is 47 str 45 dex, feet are 47 str 48 dex. Those seem better than impossible to get perfect Herc
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-05-27 16:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

PK has ftp transferred across all hits, so multi-attack is very desirable.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-05-27 22:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
PK has ftp transferred across all hits, so multi-attack is very desirable.

Would you put multi attack over fotia?

depending on buffs and what level mob im fighting I see 7k~25k Pk and 30~50k CF-RS on up to 99999 with buffs geo bard rdm etc

never know if I beat any other dd but some ppl say I die more often cuz I take hate
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-05-27 23:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Would you put multi attack over fotia?

I wouldn't.

Fully buffed, 2000+ TP Rudra + Climactic beating PK is normal, especially if you don't have Terpsichore, and if you're counting on SC damage.

PK's strength is that it's strong(er) at 1000TP, and you can spam the living ***out of it w/ mythic AM3 up.
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-05-28 07:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Aisaka said: »
Also, the BG Guide has a lot of sets that I don't quite get. TP sets especially. I own a Terpsichore and a majority of my time is spent with capped magic haste, isn't Eabani Earring overall bad?

Please be more specific about "What you don't get" from "other" sets.

In regards to Terp 2100 TP set, you probably didn't read the description above it and the link provided on OAT analysis.
This set isn't mandatory and the disclaimers are clear "the margin is minuscule between multi hit and STP sets"
Eabani Earring was added by mistake [thanks for pointing this out].

More updates are coming for different haste values as well and/or possible BiS.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-05-28 14:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »

In regards to Terp 2100 TP set, you probably didn't read the description above it and the link provided on OAT analysis.
This set isn't mandatory and the disclaimers are clear "the margin is minuscule between multi hit and STP sets"
Eabani Earring was added by mistake [thanks for pointing this out].

Hey Kat, Congrats I hear you got your Wins!
 Fenrir.Aisaka
Server: Fenrir
user: Kari
By Fenrir.Aisaka 2017-05-28 14:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of my questions were answered in the past few posts.
Buuut, lets see...

Mache Earring +1 is very out of my budget for now, won't happen til around the time I can do Adhemar +1 unless my Goldsmithing friend gets extremely lucky. Is the NQ still worthwhile over other options for the sets its in?

Is Sherida best replacement for Moonshade at 3k TP for Rudras? Mache?

Aeolian Edge set is missing some slots? (Not very important.)

That's good news. Really appreciate all the effort you put into this, it's helped me a lot so far.
By BlaTheTaru 2017-05-28 14:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
I don't suppose anyone has a somewhat up-to-date DNC spreadsheet? I'd like to get a general idea of whether or not it's worth blowing a few tens of millions of gil on some new Herc augments.

Anyone?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-05-28 15:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Mache Earring +1 is very out of my budget for now, won't happen til around the time I can do Adhemar +1 unless my Goldsmithing friend gets extremely lucky. Is the NQ still worthwhile over other options for the sets its in?

-NQ will do just fine atm, and GL on HQ.

Is Sherida best replacement for Moonshade at 3k TP for Rudras? Mache?

Personally I use Sherida since you will almost always be capped on ACC and STP is nice.

Aeolian Edge set is missing some slots? (Not very important.)

You can definitely use more Magic Acc Rings if you want, or wait until SE introduces Mummu Ring from Ambuscade.

Thank you for your feedback and please keep an eye on the guide, its a collaborative effort after all :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [65 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Azeran
Server: Asura
user: Azeran
By Asura.Azeran 2017-08-01 03:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, currently finishing my terpsichore, which has been a long term goal. I found a Japanese dancer on my server, and the language barrier kind of stopped my questions from getting answered. First, he was wearing af+3 gear from omen, and the usual other items. Is this because with am3 you don't have to focus heavily on the multi attack, and possibly use the set for the massive accuracy boost? And he also had an off hand twashtar, which makes sense, but is it necessary or could I get away with a perfect sari in the off hand.
 Bismarck.Issymo
Server: Bismarck
user: issymo
By Bismarck.Issymo 2017-08-01 03:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Azaeran,

Amazing glad you are finishing Terpsichore! It's a beautiful weapon. Was the dude meleeing in AF+3? Or just standing around in it? Because I personally wouldn't tp in it. People either go for multi attack or store tp set. AF+3 Has some other good uses though like steps accuracy, waltz and hands are for weapon skill. Twashtar is the best off hand but it is a lot of work and taming is fine till you get it :)

Issy
 Asura.Azeran
user: Azeran
By Asura.Azeran 2017-08-01 03:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

He was standing at the auction house, but I would assume it was a to set. It was head, body, hands, and legs, with regal ring in a slot, so I was assuming it was for the accuracy bonus. And as far as min/max sets, it's still adhemar body and head +1 for TP until relic reforge +2 and 3 comes out? That's a bummer, body runs near the amount of Gil you have to invest into Alex.
 Bismarck.Issymo
Server: Bismarck
user: issymo
By Bismarck.Issymo 2017-08-01 04:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh maybe an acc set for higher tier nms. I don't use adhemar, I have the head piece dampening tam from SR with maxed stats and I wear herc body with a dm aug. Adhemar body is ideal though.....

You could try get a fellow bone crafting friend to make it for you. The prices are crazy. Or try get an amazing aug with the DM event coming up.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-08-01 06:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azeran said: »
Hi, currently finishing my terpsichore, which has been a long term goal. I found a Japanese dancer on my server, and the language barrier kind of stopped my questions from getting answered. First, he was wearing af+3 gear from omen, and the usual other items. Is this because with am3 you don't have to focus heavily on the multi attack, and possibly use the set for the massive accuracy boost? And he also had an off hand twashtar, which makes sense, but is it necessary or could I get away with a perfect sari in the off hand.

He was probably just flossing his full +3 set and ring in town.

The difference between Perfect Sari and Twashtar isn't really that big.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-08-02 05:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azeran said: »

Early Congratulations on your Terp, you can easily follow these two sources for what you need on DNC:

DNC Guide

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Click the link to learn the augments.

TP:
I no longer really split my TP sets up by Haste level, because I always assume Haste II and (if I'm not in my DT set) Haste Samba.

ItemSet 327780
Ashera Harness and better leg DT/Acc augments would be an improvement.

ItemSet 218978

ItemSet 233269

ItemSet 348739

WSs:
I have a low Acc WS set that I use in 99% of content, and then I have a high Acc WS set that I only use in my high Acc TP build. The high Acc sets hurt, so I'm not going to post them. Just imagine making every sacrifice for Acc.

ItemSet 194288
AF+3 hands will be an improvement.

ItemSet 287555

ItemSet 348738

Utility:
ItemSet 332138

ItemSet 327778
(mostly for Utsusemi - 74% FC/5% Quickens)

ItemSet 327779
Cryptic would be an improvement.

Keep on Dancing~
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
By BlaTheTaru 2017-09-07 00:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

On the bg guide as well as byrth's post here I don't see a non stacked Rudra's set. Both guides are amazing btw I really appreciate it. Could you tell me what changes I need to make, or shoot me an item set?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-07 06:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Added on the Guide a none stacked ruder set named [Normal Rudra]
It should be something like this:

ItemSet 353156

Herculen Auguments with Taupe Stone: 15 DEX 20AccAttk 4%WSD

Thanks for the reminder
By BlaTheTaru 2017-09-07 13:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

No! Thank you! My wife has always put up with my XI addiction because she loves me. She now shares my XI enthusiasm because of DNC, and you guys really help me keep that alive with her.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-16 06:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody got a somewhat updated DNC spreadsheet? Mine is years-old, would love anything more updated than that.

Thanks!

Also some patches ago SE mentioned doing something to samba gear. What did they do exactely?
Is the Jig + duration bonus still capped at 50% like it used to be years ago, last time I played DNC?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-21 12:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody got a somewhat updated DNC spreadsheet? Mine is years-old, would love anything more updated than that.

Thanks!

Also some patches ago SE mentioned doing something to samba gear. What did they do exactely?
Is the Jig + duration bonus still capped at 50% like it used to be years ago, last time I played DNC?

Tried to update the last Spreadsheet with AF3 and Omen Gear, Please note that the set bonus isn't added nor Honor March.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwJO7fhLGCoraXZHSldiZ2NEcDA

Edit: Please don't hesitate to double/triple check on values and/or if there is any issues with it!
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2017-09-21 12:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I was reading through the Thf forums the other day, and I came across a dagger discussion. I was reading that the aeonic/twashtar is generally a better combination for them spamming rudra's due to their huge amount of multi hit watering down their AM3. I've been gearing the wife's dnc for STP with AM3 up with Terps/twash combo. Once she gets the Aeonic will I be regearing her and replacing the Terps with aeonic?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-09-21 12:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-21 12:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I advice you to use spreadsheet for that one since Twashtar/Aeonic combo seems to favor multi hit build and wins in low buffs situations also very close in capped pDif to Term/Twashtar.

It really depends on gear/buffs and the target.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-09-21 13:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Spamming PK non-stop with Terps may theoretically win on a spreadsheet, but once you account for other players/support/tactics/target/skilchains, it may not turn out to be the best choice.

Group DPS > Personal DPS.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-21 13:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »

Spamming PK non-stop with Terps may theoretically win on a spreadsheet, but once you account for other players/support/tactics/target/skilchains, it may not turn out to be the best choice.

Group DPS > Personal DPS.

Sadly, everyone thinks a Dnc is an opener for a Blu or war or sam WS
but anyone who plays the job knows it can Solo SC faster and do more DPS than most other jobs with same buffs. Dnc can get owned on DPS or it will own. Everything is situational so no 1 way is right but I agree Group DPS > Solo dps.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-09-25 15:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

hobo said: »
Mythic Emp is generally the best, unless you find super short fights where you have no buffs and just wanna rudras spam, then aeonic probably pulls ahead

Even in short fights (Easy Ambuscade) you're still getting AM3 on Terps, since you're getting 5-FM NFR > Reverse before the pull (also Meditate if you're /SAM) and can then get 3000 TP very quickly.

Zerg fights do deserve special mention, I find, since the self-skillchaining we've traditionally relied on becomes pretty impractical. I've found myself liking Building to PK for TP spam when Climactic's on cooldown, and 9 FMs > Building > Step > Climactic Rudra's > Reverse > Rudra's when Climactic's available, since that can still do a bunch of damage even if somebody else ruins your self-skillchain. Reverse is a trap (outside of Clim Rudra's > Rudra's) since Building is so strong now and you have so many FMs.

I was skeptical at the amount of stepping this involves, but Boxstep defense down helps the group anyway so a little JA delay is bearable.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-25 16:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
hobo said: »
Mythic Emp is generally the best, unless you find super short fights where you have no buffs and just wanna rudras spam, then aeonic probably pulls ahead

Even in short fights (Easy Ambuscade) you're still getting AM3 on Terps, since you're getting 5-FM NFR > Reverse before the pull (also Meditate if you're /SAM) and can then get 3000 TP very quickly.

Zerg fights do deserve special mention, I find, since the self-skillchaining we've traditionally relied on becomes pretty impractical. I've found myself liking Building to PK for TP spam when Climactic's on cooldown, and 9 FMs > Building > Step > Climactic Rudra's > Reverse > Rudra's when Climactic's available, since that can still do a bunch of damage even if somebody else ruins your self-skillchain. Reverse is a trap (outside of Clim Rudra's > Rudra's) since Building is so strong now and you have so many FMs.

I was skeptical at the amount of stepping this involves, but Boxstep defense down helps the group anyway so a little JA delay is bearable.
ok that, Does Box step pair with other Def down? Id read back more into that but on phone atm and slow wifi
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-09-25 16:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Steps are unique debuffs and stack with everything.
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 80 81 82