Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-02-05 06:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

mewgoat said: »
Ternary Flourish as double att forced, instead of triple

Thank you,Fixed (copy/paste error)

I found a missing ingredient to this equation after testing it several times with Sidra

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
TP Return = (95 + Reverse Flourish Bonus) × (Finishing moves) + (Square Mod)×(Finishing moves)^2 + 30×(Merit Level)

It appears that we ned to add the Merit Level again to the S constant as follows:

TP Return = (95 + Reverse Flourish Bonus) × (Finishing moves) + (Square Mod+Merit Level)×(Finishing moves)^2 + 30×(Merit Level)

This will yield if we have the maximum Reverse Flourish Bonus (70) and 5/5 RF Merits

• RF of (1FM)=332 TP
    RF of (2FM)=548 TP
    RF of (3FM)=798 TP
    RF of (4FM)=1082 TP
    RF of (5FM)=1400 TP

Sidra, couldn't catch you in game to share this, so please review it on your time~
There is a chance that (Merit Level) added to [S] could just be (5), I will test more today.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-05 06:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw, you're just interpreting the modification of the Square Term incorrectly. Square Mod starts at 5. Maculele Bangles +1 increase it by 12 (to 17).

That's why the page says:
* (Square Mod) is normally 5, but Charis Bangles +1 and Charis Bangles +2 increase it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-02-05 07:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, all this time I thought that the level of Bangles is the Square Mod (meaning it replaces it to maximum of 12)

Thanks!!! I will modify the Equation there.

So the Equation will be:

TP Return = (95 + Reverse Flourish Bonus) × (Finishing moves) + (Square Mod+Empyrean Hands Bonus)×(Finishing moves)^2 + 30×(Merit Level)
By mewgoat 2017-02-06 22:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

can i ask why though you have absolute top tier BIS in the sets? being a person who has yet to do omen (no job master title yet), +3 and what not seems a bit hard to know what to build for, like PK, im debating with what i got that i should build more towards, like more multiattack, more aim more are just raw str/dex, ignore crit? anyone imo who has that gear or access to it probably will no need for any kind of guide like a drifter like myself.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-02-07 01:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just go for Herculean/Adhemar.

EDIT: on Crit: Weapon Skills can't crit naturally unless the TP description says they can (like Evisceration). PK doesn't say this, so it can't crit.

You can force a Weapon Skill to crit with Climactic Flourish, but that force crit only applies to the first hit of the Skill. This means you'll only stack CF with single-hit Weapon Skills (meaning Rudra's Storm). In that case, use gear with +crit DAMAGE %, but not +crit% (since CF is already giving you 100%).

In summary:
PK: neither crit% nor crit damage %
RS: crit damage %, but not crit%
Evis: both

The effectiveness of multi-attack vs. base stats (STR or DEX) is not negligible, but is narrow enough to not go out of your way to optimize with gear you're going to replace. For the most part, well-augmented armor will do double-duty in your TP and WS sets until you're looking at BiS upgrading.
By FaeQueenCory 2017-02-07 06:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
The effectiveness of multi-attack vs. base stats (STR or DEX) is not negligible, but is narrow enough to not go out of your way to optimize with gear you're going to replace.
It really depends on the WS.
On a "single" hit WS, like Rudra's Storm or Shark Bite, multi-attack is basically worthless. This is because the damage multiplier (ƒTP) is set to 1.0 for all hits after the first.

However.
For basically all of DNC's multihit WSs ƒTP transfers for each additional hit. (I can't think of a dagger WS that hits more than twice that does NOT.)
So you're seeing a multiplication of damage for each QA/TA/DA/AM3 proc in those WSs.

So I wouldn't say that +5 DEX is the same as +5% DA, as when that DA procs (can be 2x in a WS) you greatly increase that WSs damage. (Random meaningless examples: if the base hit has a ƒTP of 2.3, with 4 normal hits, total ƒTP regularly is functionally equivalent to a WS with ƒTP of 9.2. And if a single DA procs, that rises to 11.5. Absolutely massive jumps.)

However... given this is DNC and not THF... Ternary Flourish can invalidate multi-hit (depending on the WS as there can only be 8 hits) so... Multi-attack in certain WSs you'll see bigger boons from when your timers are down. (Should you decide to use a WS and not hold the TP. Situational, y'know.)
 Lakshmi.Kyera
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2017-02-07 13:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

can i ask why though you have absolute top tier BIS in the sets? being a person who has yet to do omen (no job master title yet), +3 and what not seems a bit hard to know what to build for, like PK, im debating with what i got that i should build more towards, like more multiattack, more aim more are just raw str/dex, ignore crit? anyone imo who has that gear or access to it probably will no need for any kind of guide like a drifter like myself.

1) Make sure all your hits are landing (WS set needs enough Acc)

2) Make sure your attack is high enough for those hits to matter (attack/STR - STR is also a WS mod for PK)

3) Add fTP (Gorget, Belt)

4) Add multiattack (2QA ~ 3TA, 1TA ~ 2DA)

5) Add WS mod stuff (STR > DEX for PK because STR also adds attack and weapon damage)

This is a general order. There are times when raw STR or DEX will outweigh other options (for example I'd wear Apate over Petrov, +3STR/DEX would probably outdo +1 DA in general and I don't like the enmity on Petrov, but Epona's will still be BiS). Non-optimal WS sets will likely be made up of a mix of AugHerc/Ambu/AugAdhemar/AugRawhide/Unity gear with relevant stats.

EDIT: For Rudra's or Shark Bite simply remove step 3 and 4, and DEX > STR for step 5. Also acc isn't QUITE as important for single hit WS but still pretty important.
[+]
By mewgoat 2017-02-08 14:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyera said: »

1) Make sure all your hits are landing (WS set needs enough Acc)

2) Make sure your attack is high enough for those hits to matter (attack/STR - STR is also a WS mod for PK)

3) Add fTP (Gorget, Belt)

4) Add multiattack (2QA ~ 3TA, 1TA ~ 2DA)

5) Add WS mod stuff (STR > DEX for PK because STR also adds attack and weapon damage)

This is a general order. There are times when raw STR or DEX will outweigh other options (for example I'd wear Apate over Petrov, +3STR/DEX would probably outdo +1 DA in general and I don't like the enmity on Petrov, but Epona's will still be BiS). Non-optimal WS sets will likely be made up of a mix of AugHerc/Ambu/AugAdhemar/AugRawhide/Unity gear with relevant stats.

EDIT: For Rudra's or Shark Bite simply remove step 3 and 4, and DEX > STR for step 5. Also acc isn't QUITE as important for single hit WS but still pretty important.
i haven't seen anyone mention any WSD in any order, i got a pair of herc that has a great +6% wsd, but just acc/att with it, and another pair that has good stat mixtures on it with like 2 DA
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-02-08 14:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i haven't seen anyone mention any WSD in any order, i got a pair of herc that has a great +6% wsd, but just acc/att with it, and another pair that has good stat mixtures on it with like 2 DA

WSD only effects the 1st-hit of a WS, so it's great for Rudra, but not as great for multi-hit WS like Pyrrhic Kleos.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
Server: Asura
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-02-08 14:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

alright thank you guys a lot for the info!
 Asura.Mewwgoat
Server: Asura
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-02-09 01:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

probably a dumb question that im over thinking, but does saber dance's double attack able to proc on a weapon skill, or is it a unique dbl att that is outside of ws caculation?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-02-09 07:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The answer to your question: Yes it does but it also depends on the % of DA you have in Gear while its active.

Focusing on DA for now if you have lets say 20 DA in TP gear alone and you decided to activate Saber, you will increase your total DA to 70% on the first second (which is a perfect chance to proc on WS's that benefits from it) then it declines to 20% DA in the first 30 sec, but you still have a total of 40% full time while Saber is active.

There are many benefits to why you should full-time Saber Dance 5/5 in any fight with a competent party.

You can easily check out BG-Wiki links here for better understanding:

Saber Dance

Guide
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-02-09 08:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
So I wouldn't say that +5 DEX is the same as +5% DA, as when that DA procs (can be 2x in a WS) you greatly increase that WSs damage. (Random meaningless examples: if the base hit has a ƒTP of 2.3, with 4 normal hits, total ƒTP regularly is functionally equivalent to a WS with ƒTP of 9.2. And if a single DA procs, that rises to 11.5. Absolutely massive jumps.)

However... given this is DNC and not THF... Ternary Flourish can invalidate multi-hit (depending on the WS as there can only be 8 hits) so... Multi-attack in certain WSs you'll see bigger boons from when your timers are down. (Should you decide to use a WS and not hold the TP. Situational, y'know.)

The point, which I wasn't going to get into, is that these aren't mutually exclusive based on the armor we actually have. The question is never "5 DEX or 5 DA?"; this isn't WoW. It's "Gear A or Gear B?"
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-02-09 08:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
probably a dumb question that im over thinking, but does saber dance's double attack able to proc on a weapon skill, or is it a unique dbl att that is outside of ws caculation?

Saber Dance adds regular DA, so it can proc on WS.

I think the only kind of multi-attack that doesn't proc on WS is occasionally attacks twice+ from non-mythic weapons.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2017-02-09 11:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »

The point, which I wasn't going to get into, is that these aren't mutually exclusive based on the armor we actually have. The question is never "5 DEX or 5 DA?"; this isn't WoW. It's "Gear A or Gear B?"
Your attempts at condescension are woefully misplaced.
As not only does condescension not work on me, )(IC.
But also that my arbitrary comparison numbers (which I need point out WAS the topic at hand: "which is more valuable, DEX or Multi-Attack") seem to have unnerved you. (Hence your disingenuous attempt at calling me a filty WoW player.)

ANY attempts at comparing gear will involve comparing what the difference between that gear is.
So you're just showing your own ignorance when you try to discredit me... as a hypothetical situation could easily be: "this gear has 5 more DEX, but this one has 5% more DA... which for WS??"

So no. It's NEVER "gear A v gear B", it's always "gear A with X v gear B with Y".
This is even more of a thing now with iLv statvomit, as the difference between gears has indeed become as minimal as 40 DEX 5% DA v 35 DEX 10% DA... or in other words... 5 DEX v 5% DA.
The difference is the importance, not so much the base numbers when *comparing* two pieces of gear. Especially ones with iLv statvomit, as everything has relevant stats.
[+]
 Bahamut.Flareon
Server: Bahamut
user: Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2017-02-10 17:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated tonight to find gearswap fully broken:
Lua runtime error: gearswap/equip_processing.lua:268: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Will happen each time i activate a JA, win or lose a buff.

I didn't change anything from one day to the other.

Anyone having trouble too? Any ideas?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-10 20:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have any errors and haven't gotten any reports of errors other than this one. Try re-running launcher and see if it downloads updated resources for you.

Today I did Fu (with the normal Vex/Attunement) and his magic and magical TP moves were hitting me for full damage pretty regularly. I had to swap from capped Dampening Tam and notcapped Samnuha Tights to Maxixi Tiara +2 and Mummu Kecks +1, and I'm honestly not sure that fixed it because I kept going into DT before nukes and TP moves hit after that.
 Bahamut.Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2017-02-10 20:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I did removed the program manually and reinstalled it... seems to have fixed... now organizer is acting dumb too and not even fully removing it seems to be working
 Bahamut.Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2017-02-10 20:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

lua runtime error: organizer/items.lua:60 (nil value)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-10 20:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What OS are you on?
 Bahamut.Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2017-02-10 21:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i got it... error with GS seems to be happening when crafting gear is equiped... not sure if only with new shield tho
 Bahamut.Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2017-02-10 22:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

windows 7 64, byrth
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-11 04:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Your resources are not updated. Get at least items.lua from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s35twjrluzsu1zs/AADNYAF3lStKEQGhtcB8_g3oa?dl=0
 Bahamut.Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2017-02-11 05:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Will do It later on, ty a lot, byrth.
 Bahamut.Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2017-02-11 16:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Worked just fine, i don't get why it didn't update automatically with all the new things windower downloaded
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-11 16:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know, but resources are hosted on the windower domain and that has been down since 4:40 this morning.
 Bahamut.Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2017-03-04 20:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

any hunch on why my guildwork plugin doesnt give me welcome messages and flush or login command don't return with any action?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-03-06 12:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone able to post an up to date -dt and -mdt set
only able to get around -26%dt in gear and 11% mdt
Belt/body/feet are all -pdt and herc augments have been less than kind in last week.

Solemnity back, Kurys gloves D.ring, Twilight neck, staunch ammo nq Mummu legs

got Tam for head, Etiolation earing/nq Odnowa and a 3% dark ring.

mainly want something to aim for and only have 1 Herc vest not gona reaug that since its for PK.

Help me out plz.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-03-06 13:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Top tier MDT for DNC with unboosted Shell V is probably something like Staunch/+1 (2/3%), Defending Ring (10%), Mummu legs +1 (4%), Ashera Harness (7%), Kurys Gloves (2%, high meva), Mummu head/feet +1 (high meva), meva+30 Ambuscade cape, Warder's Charm +1, Engraved Belt, some combination of meva+8 earrings and Hearty Earring, Shadow Ring. Without Ashera Harness and HQ Tathlum... Etiolation Earring and Mubvumbamiri Mantle come to mind.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 80 81 82