First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 80 81 82
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-01-21 11:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Last night I did 8 Maju fights on Dancer again. I'm the only DD, so I parse about 95% of alliance damage. Our setup is:
* PLD, DNC (Sublime +1, Quick/Box level 10 - and Feather when I get to it), BRD (March/Mad/Mad), GEO (Frailty/Torpor), GEO (Vex/Attunement), WHM (Boost-DEX at the start)
* RDM (Frazzle III, Distract III, Haste II, Dia III), GEO (Malaise/Focus?), COR (Light Shot and swaps into the main party for Chaos/Hunter's)

Anyway, I randomly started using Building Flourish sometimes and it actually helped. Black dots are without Building Flourish, Red dots are with:

Buffs/debuffs change all the time and PK is pretty variable due to both this and sources of multi-attack. I analyzed this data in a few different ways, and they all gave approximately the same result. Here are the various options I investigated:
1) From the fight where I started using Building Flourish to the end: Average with / Average without = 1.244 (24% damage increase)
2) Take the ratio of each WS where I used Building Flourish / the Previous WS (regardless whether I used Building Flourish) and then average all of those ratios = 1.195
3) Take the ratio of each WS where I used Building Flourish / the average of 1-2 previous WSs (only if they didn't use Building Flourish) and then average all those ratios = 1.188

So the question in my mind is "Why does Building Flourish seem to matter so much?" Building is thought to give three boosts when used with 3 FMs, Accuracy, Attack, and Critical Hit Rate. Additionally, capped Flourishes II Job Points give it +20% WS damage, which I personally assumed was first-hit only.
* Accuracy - My Acc in my high Acc PK build is higher than my Acc TP set, and I was capped hit rate in my Acc TP set so this can't be what it is.
* Attack - Possible, but we're running 71% Defense down with our debuff regiment. Previous testing put Building at +25% Attack, which would likely be additive with Chaos Roll. I did 4 WSs with Barbarian's Drink last night and they averaged 5% lower than the previous 4 WSs, which is consistent with the hypothesis that I'm ratio capped.
* Critical Hit Rate - Building does not force critical hits on WSs that cannot normally crit, so we can rule this one out.
* 20% WS Damage - I think this is probably just applying to all hits.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2016-01-21 12:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

We usually do maju using a death mb set up and sometimes it's a pain landing blind with 5-6 well geared mages spamming the spell.

How are you guys reliably handling that with your current set up?

Also how long is the fight taking with you as the main source of damage? I'm rather impressed with this.

Any chance of a video sometime?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-01-21 12:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

When Maju glares, one of our GEOs and our RDM start spamming for Immunobreaks. The RDM has Malaise/Focus on and normally lands it for us, and I believe he tries to keep Frazzle/Distract III on the monster. It can take a minute or two, but our paladin just turns around. If Maju drops hate on him, I turn around.

Fights typically take 11-13 minutes. You can see we were doing approximately 1 fight every 1000 seconds including turn-around except for our middle fight where we took a longer break and re-upped vorseals/radialenses. Because the fights take so long, I don't really want to video it.
 Bahamut.Flareon
Server: Bahamut
user: Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2016-01-29 17:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Any thoughts about Lissome Necklace?
 Asura.Nazantia
Server: Asura
user: Nazantia
By Asura.Nazantia 2016-01-29 18:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Been getting this gearswap error for as long as I remember. Everything still works as far as I know, I'd just like to get rid of the error messages. I ask here because I use Byrth's lua from the front page. (I love the hell out of this by the way, thanks so much for all of the hard work!)

Quote:
Gearswap has detected an error in the user function aftercast:
... Files Windower4/addons/GearSwap/data/DNC.lua:407: "lower" is not defined for numbers

I get this error when I use an equipped item, like my capacity ring. Here's copy/paste of the section of the LUA file.
Code
400 -- Return true if we handled the aftercast work.  Otherwise it will fall back
401 -- to the general aftercast() code in Mote-Include.
402 function job_aftercast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
403     if not spell.interrupted then
404         if spell.english == "Wild Flourish" then
405             state.SkillchainPending:set()
406             send_command('wait 5;gs c unset SkillchainPending')
407         elseif spell.type:lower() == "weaponskill" then
408             state.SkillchainPending:toggle()
409             send_command('wait 6;gs c unset SkillchainPending')
410         end
411     end
412 end
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-01-29 18:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Make it:
Code
elseif tostring(spell.type):lower() == "weaponskill" then
[+]
By Nellarie 2016-02-02 06:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I am trying to solo Seductive Radiance so that I can get Wanion Belt for my Rudra's Storm set, but I have been running into issues. The Unchivalrous Stab is causing lots of problems for me. Does anyone have a good DNC solo strategy for this fight? Or would another job be more suitable? (My PUP is pretty strong too)
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-02 06:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nellarie said: »
I am trying to solo Seductive Radiance so that I can get Wanion Belt for my Rudra's Storm set, but I have been running into issues. The Unchivalrous Stab is causing lots of problems for me. Does anyone have a good DNC solo strategy for this fight? Or would another job be more suitable? (My PUP is pretty strong too)

Can you please elaborate what kind of issues you have? I've soloed all 3 KI bc on cor by just engage and hit it like another melee job, I imagine any melee job can solo.
By Nellarie 2016-02-02 07:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Can you please elaborate what kind of issues you have? I've soloed all 3 KI bc on cor by just engage and hit it like another melee job, I imagine any melee job can solo.

Thanks for the reply! :D

I thought so too! In fact it was going really well with my Dancer up until I got Rukh down to about 30%. I engaged Asb at the start of the fight then switched to Rukh so that August would tank both. However, the doom gaze ended up killing August and a couple of my trusts. So I switched to Fan dance and tanked them from then on figuring I could just turn on the gaze.. What ended up killing me though was the HP down bringing my health to 900hp, then getting nuked for 950 dmg.

I only tried the one time last night, but I will try again.. Maybe I should kill Asb first? My trusts were August, Sylvie, Shantotto II, Koru-Moru, and Sel'theus.

Any suggestions?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-02 07:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Nellarie said: »

Thanks for the reply! :D

I thought so too! In fact it was going really well with my Dancer up until I got Rukh down to about 30%. I engaged Asb at the start of the fight then switched to Rukh so that August would tank both. However, the doom gaze ended up killing August and a couple of my trusts. So I switched to Fan dance and tanked them from then on figuring I could just turn on the gaze.. What ended up killing me though was the HP down bringing my health to 900hp, then getting nuked for 950 dmg.

I only tried the one time last night, but I will try again.. Maybe I should kill Asb first? My trusts were August, Sylvie, Shantotto II, Koru-Moru, and Sel'theus.

Any suggestions?

Do you have any WHM trusts? It should be easier with WHM I think.
By Nellarie 2016-02-09 07:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have any WHM trusts? It should be easier with WHM I think.

Thanks for the help! I finally managed to beat Seductive Radiance last night! I got lucky too, and got a wanion belt on my first win! :D

I was having a tough time with Dancer, because Shah Mat was killing my trust tanks. I ended up getting the win using Puppetmaster and trusts with the necessary damage types to handle Tabbiyaa Gambit. It was still hard though.. Asb would stack Unchivalrous Stab and drop my max hp down to 200~ HP... So I'm glad I got the item so I don't have to deal with that again!

Now that I have Wanion Belt though, is it still Best-in-Slot for Rudra's Storm? I was comparing it to grunfeld rope and it seems that Grunfeld Rope spreadsheets higher for Rudra's storm.
By Yandaime 2016-02-09 09:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Grunfield will typically win on non-crit Rudra due to the +20 attack. Non-Crit Rudra depends very heavily on pDif so that 20 attack is pretty substantial, especially on tougher targets. On a Critical-Rudra I'm thinking Wanion might pull ahead again.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-02-09 20:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done 209 Sinister Reign runs. Currently I have:
* Max augment Leyline
* Max augment Dampening
* Max augment Samnuha Coat
* -1 augment Taming Sari
* -1 augment Samnuha Tights
* Never seen a Lilitu Headpiece with more than 1% WSD on it

There are three probabilities that determine whether you get a drop in this event:
* Did the monster spawn? (1/3)
* Did the monster drop the right item? (generally 1/4)
* Does the item have max augments? (probably between 1/10 and 1/20)

At 1/10, there's only a 17% chance that I wouldn't have seen an item by now. (~0.8% chance per run)
At 1/20, it's a 41% chance that I wouldn't have seen an item by now. (~0.4% chance per run)

Given the lack of gambler's fallacy, I would need about 85 or 170 kills, respectively, to have a 50% chance of getting either of the remaining two items. These numbers are all designed to talk me out of persisting in my attempts to obtain a Taming Sari.

PS. In order to tell how many runs you've done, search all your logs for "Quite a show you put on for us back there" (for instance, using Notepad++'s Find in Files feature) and divide by 3.
[+]
 Siren.Midgley
Server: Siren
user: maiestass
By Siren.Midgley 2016-02-11 09:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Polyhymnia can be Augmented with Acc+ Store TP+ and Weaponskill Damage+
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-11 09:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I stopped counting past 300 SR runs, I don't think I've passed the 400 mark yet, on a hunch, and I'm in a similar situation as Byrth.
My issue is not that perf augs do not exist, but more than I keep getting the same over and over and over and over and over, haunting me.

-1 Leyline Gloves
-1 Samnuha Coat
-1 Dampening Hat
-1 Serenity
-1 Medium's Sabots (3x)
Perf Lilitu
Perf Ochu
Perf Enticer's pants (4x)
Perf Witching Robe (3x)
Perf Ta'lab Trousers (2x)
Perf Fanatic Gloves (6x)
Perf Koresuke (3x)
Perf Brilliance (2x)
Perf Founder's Gauntlets (2x)
Perf Founder's Gaiters
Perf Brutality
Perf Ferocity
Perf Nobility (2x)
Perf Malevolence

I have 3 Sari, all of them have pretty ***augments. One has TH1 onry.
I'd love getting perf Leyline, Samnuha Coat, Samnuha Legs and 1x Sari, but alas it's not happening.
Maybe one of the upcoming "one week" campaign will be about boosting SR chance to get perf aug items.
Would be neat!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-11 09:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

On a different note: where (if!) do you guys use hetairoi ring and apate ring?

Also I seem to recall someone (Skudo?) calculating a threshold at which Skinflayer becomes better (equal) than Taming Sari for MH.
Could be a decent alternative for who doesn't have luck with Sari like me, since I already own a Skinflayer.
Anybody remembers this minimum threshold?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-02-11 10:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect Taming Sari:
12+10 STR
12+10 DEX
20+16~17 Acc
20+11/16~17 Atk (Off/Main hand)
3% TA
110+15+(~9) Base damage (22 STR ~= 9 base damage when dual wielding)
211 Delay

Skinflayer base:
0 STR
0 DEX
15 Acc
10 Atk
2% TA
116 Base damage
210 Delay

Difference:
-22 STR
-22 DEX
-21~22 Acc
-21/26~27 Atk (off/main hand)
-1% TA
-18 Base damage
-1 Delay

Skinflayer can get (I don't have one, this is from a friend who has augmented a few):
10 STR or 10 DEX (up to 15 with Taupe)
40 Acc
40 Atk
3% TA (up to 4% with Fern)
19 Base damage

So in order to make Skinflayer into a 210 delay Taming Sari, you'd want:
18 <= Base Damage + STR/2
21~22 <= Acc + DEX*3/4
21/26~27 <= Atk + STR*3/4
1% <= TA

There are obviously trade-offs that could be made within the equations. For instance, getting 4% TA would compensate for some base damage, but nothing compensate for Accuracy. A perfectly augmented Skinflayer crushes Taming Sari, but you will probably never see it.

Perfect Skinflayer (probably):
10 STR
0 DEX
40 Acc
45/47~8 Atk
6% TA
116+19+5 Base damage
210 Delay

D140/210 delay with 6% TA, 40 Acc, and 45/47~48 Attack.

Edit: Thinking about it some more, Skinflayer will necessarily lose out on potential crit rate from dDEX and additional WS mods (STR, DEX, maybe AGI, etc.) You probably want to get one a bit better than the minimum listed above before you feel comfortable without a perfect Taming Sari.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-12 01:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Edit: Thinking about it some more, Skinflayer will necessarily lose out on potential crit rate from dDEX and additional WS mods (STR, DEX, maybe AGI, etc.) You probably want to get one a bit better than the minimum listed above before you feel comfortable without a perfect Taming Sari.
Yeah so tl;dr => don't bother with Skinflayer if you got one or two Taming Sari (perfect)

Problem comes when you DON'T have a perfect Taming Sari and neither an RME.
In this scenario I feel like Skinflayer should have the potential to be the best mainhand even without perf augs?

Also does the damage really caps at +19? Thought it was +20
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-02-12 06:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know. As I said in the post, I don't have one. I don't think it's impossible to make a Skinflayer that's as good or better than a perfect Taming Sari, but it would be as hard as making a good <insert any other reisenjima piece here>.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-02-12 06:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So for someone like me using two perfect Sari how far is the spread now vs Twash or Mythic (III) w/ perfect Sari offhand?!? ? I haven't been messing with spreadsheets in a while so mine are totally out of date.
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2016-02-12 20:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Been out of town and haven't logged in for 2 months, don't have spreadsheets on this computer, but in regards to Skinflayer vs Sari:

Skudo confirmed the DMG can go up to 20 on Skinflayer.

Here were my personal thresholds on what it would take to beat Perfect and Mediocre Sari:

Capped:
Asura.Cambion said: »
Okay, so then under the conditions outlined, for Skinflayer to beat out a perfect Sari you'll need:

15Dmg, 15Dex, 4% TA
20Dmg, 15Dex, 2% TA
20Dmg, 10Dex, 4% TA
25Dmg, 15Dex
25Dmg, 10Dex, 3% TA

Just as a guideline for people who decide to go this path, these are rough baselines of what your goals should be, using my gear/spreadsheet. (Any Acc/Att is gravy, all of the above are pretty much dead ties with Perfect Sari) (Take note that 15dmg 10dex, is the same as 10dmg 15dex, as I would never have guessed, and many would choose the former at face value, just don't get fooled by Dmg vs Dex)

*And you would still offhand Sari, even 2 of the absolute best dagger augments (25,15,4) wouldn't beat out Sari offhand... unless you also throw in some attack and accuracy, but good luck getting 2 of those daggers, yet alone 1.

**Keep in mind this is assuming capped accuracy. In reality, a large enough accuracy boost on the dagger(s), combined with similar augs on herculean gear, opens up a new path of DPS discussion where Dnc has the ability to eat meat on things other jobs are using sublime sushi for...

Mediocre:

Asura.Cambion said: »
So, perhaps instead of (or rather in addition to) what it takes to beat a perfect Sari, here's what it takes to beat a mediocre Sari (9/6/9)

PerfectSari+PerfectSari: 1390.825
PerfectSari+MediocreSari: 1368.803

In order for Skinflayer to match a 'mediocre' Sari:

20Dmg, 15Dex
20Dmg, 11Dex, 2TA
15Dmg, 10Dex, 4TA
15Dmg, 15Dex, 2TA
10Dmg, 15Dex, 4TA

That should give you a baseline, and again, any Acc/Att is gravy on top. Because of the importance of DEX on this augment, the only stone worth using is Taupe, which allows the 15 attribute to occur.

*This is assuming you mainhand the above Skinflayer options, and are offhanding a perfect Sari, using Evis.

Having said all that. I have spent an extensive amount of money trying to Augment Skinflayer to beat my mediocre Sari, and it has yet to happen. I want to say I'm near the 8~10M mark on the dagger, which on Asura is roughly 1,000 Augment attempts.

I'd have been better off just spamming SR, or farming Aeonic. Just my .02.

Also worth noting, is that Byrth mentioned my lack of Att buffs could be skewing my numbers, so your results may vary. Also Skudo stated his skinflayer of 20Dmg, 14Str, 20Acc, 2%TA out DPS's a capped Sari, so... obviously your specific gear, buffs, and event of choice will greatly effect the outcome.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-02-16 10:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Upgraded Terpsichore quickly after maint (1 Beitetsu) and finished Twashtar this morning (10,000 Boulders). Thanks go out to Lenus, Kathee, Tye, Miang, and not Stepth.

Terpsichore / Twashtar has about the same DPS as Terpsichore/Taming Sari (perfect augments) with the below conditions, but has consistent Acc on both hands and doesn't require uncapped fSTR. For this reason, I didn't consider Taming as an offhand to Terpsi.

Spreadsheet conditions:
WSs: Terpsi mainhand spams PK, Twash spams Rudra's
Capped Acc (Favors Taming Sari combos)
Capped Attack (No particular WS or combo favored)
Uncapped fSTR (Favors Taming Sari combos)

For DNC/NIN:
* AM3 Terpsichore/Twashtar (3761)
* AM3 Terpsichore/Airy (3476)
* Terpsichore/Twashtar (3341)
* AM3 Twashtar/Airy (3231)
* AM3 Twashtar/Taming (3123)
* AM1 Twashtar/Taming (2969)
* AM1 Twashtar/Airy (2933)
* Terpsichore/Airy (2929)

For DNC/WAR:
* AM3 Terpsichore/Twashtar (3774)
* AM3 Terpsichore/Airy (3508)
* AM3 Twashtar/Airy (3360)
* Terpsichore/Twashtar (3353)
* AM3 Twashtar/Taming (3130)
* AM1 Twashtar/Airy (2998)
* AM1 Twashtar/Taming (2975)
* Terpsichore/Airy (2958)

For DNC/SAM:
* AM3 Terpsichore/Twashtar (3865)
* AM3 Terpsichore/Airy (3561)
* Terpsichore/Twashtar (3433)
* AM3 Twashtar/Airy (3251)
* AM3 Twashtar/Taming (3202)
* AM1 Twashtar/Taming (3052)
* AM1 Twashtar/Airy (2966)
* Terpsichore/Airy (2985)

So Shield is really only good if you have AM3 up (for both weapons), and it's better to be using both weapons with AM3 than Weapon + shield if you have both. Twashtar/Airy combos are slightly underestimated on /WAR because they would have more impressive CF Rudra's due to Fencer (and DDing in FFXI isn't really a constant DPS race as much as a race to make the most impressive skillchains possible).

Consistent with every time I've looked at a spreadsheet forever, our subjob choice has a minor effect on our parse at best. Up to you whether the 3% increase in DPS from changing your subjob from NIN to SAM is worth losing shadows.

pDIF has changed, but it's unlikely that the changes will have any real effect on this hierarchy because both WS sets have approximately the same Attack.

Edit: Also, all the Twashtar combos are slightly underestimated because I didn't optimize TP overage for Rudra's. It looks like it's optimal to use Rudra's around 1500 TP when using Twashtar/Taming with AM1 /SAM, for instance. I had it at 1000 3170 DPS vs. 3052 above). 3345 vs. 3202 for AM3.

Edit2: Twashtar/Airy with AM3 has DPS so high that you should be using Rudra's at 2600 TP when /SAM+NIN or 2550 TP when /WAR (all ~3642DPS). This actually has the potential to be a really interesting and collaborative playstyle, because it substantially decreases your optimal WS frequency (but not TP gain frequency) and should make skillchaining easier as a result. Indefinitely holding TP (except for AM activation) would result in 2507 DPS. There's only a 2% increase in DPS moving from WSing at 1500 to WSing at 2600 TP, which means you have substantial latitude for skillchaining.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-02-16 13:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, various Twashtar combos re-jiggered for Rudra's TP:

/NIN:
AM3 Twashtar/Taming : 1550 TP optimal (2600 -5% DPS) : 3254 DPS
AM1 Twashtar/Taming : 1550 TP optimal (2600 -6% DPS) : 3071 DPS
AM3 Twashtar/Airy : ~Flat from 1700 to 2600 TP : 3570 DPS
AM1 Twashtar/Airy : 1700 TP optimal (2600 TP -1% DPS) : 3220 DPS

/WAR:
AM3 Twashtar/Taming : 1550 TP optimal (2600 -5% DPS) : 3262 DPS
AM1 Twashtar/Taming : 1550 TP optimal (2600 -6% DPS) : 3085 DPS
AM3 Twashtar/Airy : 2550 TP optimal (1600 -0.5% DPS) : 3642 DPS
AM1 Twashtar/Airy : 1650 TP optimal (2550 -1% DPS) : 3278 DPS

/SAM:
AM3 Twashtar/Taming : 1550 TP optimal (2600 -5% DPS) : 3345 DPS
AM1 Twashtar/Taming : 1550 TP optimal (2600 -6% DPS): 3172 DPS
AM3 Twashtar/Airy : 2600 TP optimal (1550 -0.5% DPS) : 3642 DPS
AM1 Twashtar/Airy : 1650 TP optimal (2600 -1% DPS) : 3295 DPS

So if you can't Berserk or you're attack capped, /SAM is better than /WAR with Twashtar single wield. Yet again, /NIN is a 2% DPS hit.

It is very interesting how flat most of these distributions are, which indicates that holding TP for skillchain (or just general overage) has essentially no downside. For comparison, the /NIN AM3 Terpsichore/Twashtar minimum TP : DPS relationship
1000 TP : 3761 DPS (optimal)
1120 TP : 3559 DPS (approximate /NIN AM3 Twashtar/Airy parity)
1500 TP : 3133 DPS
2000 TP : 2761 DPS
2500 TP : 2520 DPS
3000 TP : 2348 DPS

So if you're not being super efficient with your TP usage, it's possible that Terpsi/Twashtar is worse than Twashtar/Airy. I don't know how I feel about losing the extra FMs from Terpsi, but I think this is a high potential playstyle that might be worth messing around with.
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2016-02-16 19:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Aeonic ever come into the picture in any of the scenario's above?
 Asura.Nazantia
By Asura.Nazantia 2016-02-17 05:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been working on upgrades. Spent my life savings mercing a herculean set which I'm finding is ridiculously frustrating to augment. I am skeptical if -DT augments actually exist.

Anyway, to my questions.
  • I've always used Maculele Bangles, Maxixi Tights +1, and Mujin Band in the "Skillchain Pending" set to overwrite those on top of my WS set when self skillchaining. I've been questioning whether or not I'm getting real gains from this and if I'd just be better off leaving them out to use my full Evisceration/Rudra sets. Do any of you use these items? I've been using Byrth's DPS spreadsheet from the original post on page 1 to test things but these skillchain items are not something I can figure out how to test.

• Also, is there an unpublished update for this spreadsheet? The mob target selection seems out of date. I can max accuracy vs the most evasive target, but I don't think I can actually do this in game in areas like Reisenjima. /checkparam in my acc set is 1092 (+15 acc for Closed Position) puts me at 1107.

Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-02-17 06:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nazantia said: »
I've always used Maculele Bangles, Maxixi Tights +1, and Mujin Band in the "Skillchain Pending" set to overwrite those on top of my WS set when self skillchaining. I've been questioning whether or not I'm getting real gains from this and if I'd just be better off leaving them out to use my full Evisceration/Rudra sets. Do any of you use these items? I've been using Byrth's DPS spreadsheet from the original post on page 1 to test things but these skillchain items are not something I can figure out how to test.

I personally don't use them, as they each represent a pretty substantial drop in WS damage. WS damage is doubled by the skillchain, so +12 skillchain bonus (for instance) is typically worth about 6% WS damage. Given the minor advantages if the piece worked and the non-negligable probability that my skillchain will be interrupted, I just avoid it altogether.

Also, is there an unpublished update for this spreadsheet? The mob target selection seems out of date. I can max accuracy vs the most evasive target, but I don't think I can actually do this in game in areas like Reisenjima. /checkparam in my acc set is 1092 (+15 acc for Closed Position) puts me at 1107.

You can add adjust a mob that you have no use for to be whatever you want it to be.

Here is my current spreadsheet, but it's messy:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzs838tfzcsn4hh/DPS%20Calculator-Dnc%202_17%20rudra.xls?dl=0
[+]
 Asura.Nazantia
By Asura.Nazantia 2016-02-21 00:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Inputting my crappy augmented gear... noticing this doesn't have Fotia Belt and Gorget... I'm assuming EleBelt and Gorget are the placeholders; but they don't list 10% WSD... So I added it, but does Fotia still add 100 fTP? Or are they the same thing? Wikis don't say anything about it, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything these days. For the 1% no TP use, should I just put 1% CTP?

Thanks again.
 Lakshmi.Sulia
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2016-02-21 03:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Inputting my crappy augmented gear... noticing this doesn't have Fotia Belt and Gorget... I'm assuming EleBelt and Gorget are the placeholders; but they don't list 10% WSD... So I added it, but does Fotia still add 100 fTP? Or are they the same thing? Wikis don't say anything about it, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything these days. For the 1% no TP use, should I just put 1% CTP?

Thanks again.
It has been proven that it is the same as the elemental belts/gorgets before they are crafted together, the ftp mod. It's just an easier way for them to say 10% WSD than explain about ftp on the item confusing mass populace of the game.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-02-27 10:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
So in order to make Skinflayer into a 210 delay Taming Sari, you'd want:
18 <= Base Damage + STR/2
21~22 <= Acc + DEX*3/4
21/26~27 <= Atk + STR*3/4
1% <= TA

I got a skinflayer, and the max Skinflayer augments are something more similar to:
10 STR or 10 DEX (up to 15 with Taupe)
20 Acc (up to 25 with Pellucid)
20 Atk (up to 25 with Pellucid)
3% TA (up to 4% with Fern? Did not see it in 250 attempts)
1~20 Base damage

That substantially constrains the ways to make it better than a perfect Sari. I spent 250 stones and got something that's lower base damage, lower acc, lower attack, and 2% higher TA than a Sari. It's probably worse than my Sari-1.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 80 81 82