Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Bismarck.Marmite said: »
Asura.Ccl said: »
Need ilvl increase already:(

For what?

su1 not good enough /sarc

su1 is ilvl127 so the jap dats say..

The current SU1 gear is not even 119.

Unless SE adds SU 2 and its like 121 or something it still has to have actually useful stats for it to be worthwhile.

Its in the dats there is 127 gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-25 21:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Su1 gear right now, if you wear it and scan your character, ah will pick it up and call it 127. I was wearing sombra body/legs earlier, and saw it.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-25 21:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Su1 gear right now, if you wear it and scan your character, ah will pick it up and call it 127. I was wearing sombra body/legs earlier, and saw it.

hmmm well dats for "potential" are fine but that doesn't mean it will be implimented. Those dats are incomplete ~

However I is sombre armor labeled in game as 127? Pretty sure it's not, just because the dat says 127, doesn't mean it's correct
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-25 21:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Siren.Sieha said: »
also there are plenty of people who dont have the new expansion. mostly lolbox players that dont gear swap regardless of the easy method available now, but still they are people too!

xbox and ps2 both have "Gearsets" not sure why your saying not having a 3rd party tool is necessary to do content in ffxi because it isnt its perfect even for pc, which i use myself , love it and swear by it. You are right though about ps2 north american users getting a shaft on not getting adoulin, one day we can only hope they port ffxi to ps4. it can happen !

wow just wow. you must be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or overly defensive of puritan ways of playing this game.

I was not referring to third party tools. Even with "Equipsets", lets use the correct term here, most players specifically lolbox players and some durpc players still refuse to gear swap. lets face it some people dont care to be better. its ok if they arent invited and dont get to progress.

someone has to care though. they help keep this game alive as much as you or me, so yeah someone has to care. I am sure someone was nice to give you a link pearl when you started the game, and as i have had to me, and in return i gave link pearls to folks and helped progress them.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-25 21:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »
Sylph.Ticu said: »
New content reported for a really old game, and all you people do is say how ***it is. Good job.

When these NMs die in >1 minute and the drop rates are maybe 15% on armor, points are hard to get on purpose to avoid "congestion", and most of the equipment is garbage or delve 2 boss drops smoke it, yes, bitching happens. We don't need yet another helmet that is yet again lackluster to Yaoyotl helm or -important stats while giving awesome stuff.

Unity as it stands is a handful of decent sidegrades and a few very nice upgrades, but when points are a hassle and stuff is 3k a pop and you end up with Aeroja scrolls or eft skins it's kind of like "Tanaka, is that you?"

I don't enjoy calling Unity new content when it's a lock out to you and pretty much Voidwatch 2.0

I got a serious question for you. You do not think SE released this Unity Wanted as another means of catching up players who may have got locked out of delve or delve II because of xyz mentality or buy said gear for 10-30mil for whatever reason that may be?

I find Unity and unity wanted was a beautiful thing in further opening communication through a entire server if used properly. there is some decent side grade stuff there yes( if you for some reason think you have everything) but there also is some nice stuff in there if you was not fortunate enough to a chance to do delve.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-25 21:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

For what?

Unless SE adds SU 2 and its like 121 or something it still has to have actually useful stats for it to be worthwhile.

It's listed in game as ilvl 119 and carries 119 comparable DEF and stat vomit.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-25 22:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

New content reported for a really old game, and all you people do is say how ***it is. Good job.

When these NMs die in >1 minute and the drop rates are maybe 15% on armor, points are hard to get on purpose to avoid "congestion", and most of the equipment is garbage or delve 2 boss drops smoke it, yes, bitching happens. We don't need yet another helmet that is yet again lackluster to Yaoyotl helm or -important stats while giving awesome stuff.

Unity as it stands is a handful of decent sidegrades and a few very nice upgrades, but when points are a hassle and stuff is 3k a pop and you end up with Aeroja scrolls or eft skins it's kind of like "Tanaka, is that you?"

I don't enjoy calling Unity new content when it's a lock out to you and pretty much Voidwatch 2.0

I got a serious question for you. You do not think SE released this Unity Wanted as another means of catching up players who may have got locked out of delve or delve II because of xyz mentality or buy said gear for 10-30mil for whatever reason that may be?

I find Unity and unity wanted was a beautiful thing in further opening communication through a entire server if used properly. there is some decent side grade stuff there yes( if you for some reason think you have everything) but there also is some nice stuff in there if you was not fortunate enough to a chance to do delve.

No seriously, if you think Unity is important and necessary to bridge the gaps, then just stop. Matsui himself expected people to just take players into Delve to "help" them, kinda like you'd run down the street giving homeless people PS4s. Doesn't happen. There is more than enough ways to let people catch up, and the easiest is Eminence armor, not Unity. Unity is again, locked out content that Matsui feels should be attempted after you've done other crap and went "oh, I have points, who wants logs and rocks?"

Rethink what you wrote dude, because some of this content I'd love to see "returning players" just "jump right into" where as Delve is "install Adoulin, leech gear, done".

Unity chat a beautiful thing... yeah on paper. On Quetz it's 1 2 1 2 hello good morning hello / / . . japanese text with multiple lines of ascii jp faces, repeat.

If you are "unfortunate" for Delve these days, get 5 other competent people/friends and go tackle it, Delve is NOT hard and I'm sick of seeing people claim such. FFS the Marjami version is afk mode, our PLD literally auto follows Zapdos and plays GEO. Get RNGs and enjoy quick/easy plasm.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-25 22:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I think unity is another effective way to combat lower populations on servers and SU1 is a way to bring greater motivation to utilizing the job point system. (more ways to timesink players and give them someone to do etc)

They knew records of eminence was a very popular system and currency, so adding another aspect to that system is a solid progression.

agreed
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-25 22:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they didn't develop Unity Wanted for people who cannot Delve. It was created to push out very poor and cheap content in an effort to maintain their playerbase, however little that is right now, for $. Keep this game pumping juice from them forever how long they can manage, I guess.

What is pretty sad is not only is the content ****-poor, they're butchering 75cap-era, the prime of XI's content. Slapping on desperate (like seriously, it looks like the names were whatever thought occurred first in their head) new names on old famous notorious monsters, and turning them into laughable fodder encounters with pretty embarrassing loot.

If you think this King Vinegarroon wannabie is going to be one of few interesting encounters this content will offer, I'd think again. Have fun battling a buffed up Tulwar Scorpion for >1min, I'd be surprised if it retained a little of what made this particular NM stand out in the past.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2014-12-25 22:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish you could enter Unity NM battles solo. :/
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-25 22:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No seriously, if you think Unity is important and necessary to bridge the gaps, then just stop. Matsui himself expected people to just take players into Delve to "help" them, kinda like you'd run down the street giving homeless people PS4s. Doesn't happen. There is more than enough ways to let people catch up, and the easiest is Eminence armor, not Unity. Unity is again, locked out content that Matsui feels should be attempted after you've done other crap and went "oh, I have points, who wants logs and rocks?"

Rethink what you wrote dude, because some of this content I'd love to see "returning players" just "jump right into" where as Delve is "install Adoulin, leech gear, done".

Unity chat a beautiful thing... yeah on paper. On Quetz it's 1 2 1 2 hello good morning hello / / . . japanese text with multiple lines of ascii jp faces, repeat.

If you are "unfortunate" for Delve these days, get 5 other competent people/friends and go tackle it, Delve is NOT hard and I'm sick of seeing people claim such. FFS the Marjami version is afk mode, our PLD literally auto follows Zapdos and plays GEO. Get RNGs and enjoy quick/easy plasm.

I am not unfortunate i am speaking for others who read these forums and believe the misinformation of you need " xyz to do anything or need 400mil in gil" all of this is simply not the case nor is needed at all.

I am sorry Quetz does not do more with unity , other servers do. I know on siren server we advertise events to fill in spots and jp also play with en as well. well at least the Unity i am in does because i have filled in spots and alliances with folks from Unity.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-25 22:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I briefly got excited for the new armor, seeing KV and Ace's Helm, saw the stats, went "........"saw the subligar, went "wow goodbye iui-" saw the -5 stp and went "...."

These are the armors they're proud to display in the update notes.

This is not the way I would conduct a game or try to excite players to return. This is ***I'd do to make you quit.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-25 22:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

We do unity as well, JPs more so. Unity is easy, just you can't spam it because the system is ***and it's literally Voidwatch 2.0 if they made Voidwatch even more dumb.

If there's players here, who after all the buffing to dnc, thf, blu and other jobs still think "If I'm not an Oatixur MNK or Koga SAM I can't do Delve, nerf them please SE!" then they don't deserve to win, sorry.

If anything, I'd love to see people discuss oddball set ups or *gasp* fun methods to win those events, and spread that information around so people can go "Oh, I love RDM, here's how I can main heal 3 THFs fighting Tojil and we're winning easily" or something, I don't know. I love watching those videos too, like that SCH who solo'd Foret and Marjami bosses. Not spew garbage about how Unity is SE's backwards way of making the server come together and "close the gap". Half my server I don't even wanna deal with let alone be in the same chat/linkshell/unity with.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-25 22:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not the way I would conduct a game or try to excite players to return. This is ***I'd do to make you quit.

I've been in the camp saying this for a whiiiiiiile now. I do like unity, in that its sorta like a shitty version of VW, without the waiting for *** to pop the box...

And the thought of a new 150 delay Sirocco actually has me amped... But, I can agree that it's piss-poorly done, and the 119 ***is getting VERY old.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-25 22:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Valli can probably vouch for Quetz but the problem isn't people needing gear or catching up, it's people need a *** brain, to pay attention, to understand and grasp simple concepts and not leeroy jenkins every damn event they touch.

This game is incredibly easy to understand, but as I'm sure anyone who's played, you've had your moments where you looked at some players after/during an event and went "good lord..."
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-26 00:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We do unity as well, JPs more so. Unity is easy, just you can't spam it because the system is ***and it's literally Voidwatch 2.0 if they made Voidwatch even more dumb.

If there's players here, who after all the buffing to dnc, thf, blu and other jobs still think "If I'm not an Oatixur MNK or Koga SAM I can't do Delve, nerf them please SE!" then they don't deserve to win, sorry.

If anything, I'd love to see people discuss oddball set ups or *gasp* fun methods to win those events, and spread that information around so people can go "Oh, I love RDM, here's how I can main heal 3 THFs fighting Tojil and we're winning easily" or something, I don't know. I love watching those videos too, like that SCH who solo'd Foret and Marjami bosses. Not spew garbage about how Unity is SE's backwards way of making the server come together and "close the gap". Half my server I don't even wanna deal with let alone be in the same chat/linkshell/unity with.

Perhaps go to another server ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-26 00:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no problems doing anything with my friends or others, I stay away from the people I know well enough to stay away from.

Let me hurry and server hop though for amazing Unity chat and play.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-26 00:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Valli can probably vouch for Quetz but the problem isn't people needing gear or catching up, it's people need a *** brain, to pay attention, to understand and grasp simple concepts and not leeroy jenkins every damn event they touch.

This game is incredibly easy to understand, but as I'm sure anyone who's played, you've had your moments where you looked at some players after/during an event and went "good lord..."

Not at all. I have taken folks to do numerous content on day 1 release and with no information about them and never once thought " Oh we cant do this". Win or lose it is a learning experience to keep perfecting the way the " cake or victory " is made. Never have a defeatist mentality. We pay a subscription fee yes we can do this lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-26 00:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Not at all. I have taken folks to do numerous content on day 1 release and with no information about them and never once thought " Oh we cant do this". Win or lose it is a learning experience to keep perfecting the way the " cake or victory " is made. Never have a defeatist mentality. We pay a subscription fee yes we can do this lol.

Whatever you're taking, give me some, because I want to be delusional about how this game and 1/2 the player base operates.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-26 00:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I am on no substance. All the advice I can give you is you keep the company that makes you happy. I really enjoy this game and I find nothing wrong with that. But if you find yourself surrounded by those who just spew hate about the game or spread misinformation about needing xyz or 400m you tend to start believing that and then become part of a negative progress that's creeping up in our ffxi community.

I am a very positive honest person who does love life and recognizes the " I can't do or you need this much gil" I challenge that. Thank you for paying your subscription fee even if all its for is for complaining on behalf of myself and others who plays ffxi we thank you for your money.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-26 00:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-26 01:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... I... just think I'm done replying to him, cause... *** man I don't even know what's real anymore. Don't even know how to respond to that.

On topic but, hopefully down the road maybe they'll do ilvl 3 kings and we'll finally see a ring that beats/2nd ring for Defending Ring. And ilvl Ridill with -movement speed and -30 acc

Nevermind, Defending Ring v2 will probably be like damange taken II -3% and knockback +4. Yes, damange cause just like the dev team and such, our translators don't give a ***, as apparent with Supershear EARRING 2 months later hitting backspace 3 times is too much for SE, or placing Surival Guides in inaccessible areas cause no one play tests this game, and they wait till January to fix that, instead of a simple zone maintenance.

Oh, protip: Unity with Geo is slightly glitched. If they have a luopon out when you pop, YOU get the negative effect for a few seconds. Amazing.

*** this game.
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2014-12-26 01:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i cant even get 2 random naked people to fight a NM i can solo. kind of an ironic name, no?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-26 01:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

For what?

It's listed in game as ilvl 119 and carries 119 comparable DEF and stat vomit.

I had to go check this.

Yes its 119, not the 127 the gear is showing in the dats, so all this did was illustrate that my point was valid, that it's not 127 armors.

Granted, it has defense and stat vomit, But I don't know of a single piece that's BiS or comparible to other 119 armors (or even NQ skirmish armors) in terms of uses in sets or situations really.

I may have missed a piece but at the minute, SU1 is not doing it for me (or anyone I would think).
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-26 01:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sombra Head > Bis HP+ build (that I can find)(maybe hp aug on peacekeepers)
Sombra Body > BiS AE/TF/WF
Sombra Hands > MIGHT be BiS Utsusemi piece
Sombra Legs > BiS TP sets DW+4 (unique stat)
Sombra Feet > BiS BST CS/PR
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-26 02:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... I... just think I'm done replying to him, cause... *** man I don't even know what's real anymore. Don't even know how to respond to that.

On topic but, hopefully down the road maybe they'll do ilvl 3 kings and we'll finally see a ring that beats/2nd ring for Defending Ring. And ilvl Ridill with -movement speed and -30 acc

Nevermind, Defending Ring v2 will probably be like damange taken II -3% and knockback +4. Yes, damange cause just like the dev team and such, our translators don't give a ***, as apparent with Supershear EARRING 2 months later hitting backspace 3 times is too much for SE, or placing Surival Guides in inaccessible areas cause no one play tests this game, and they wait till January to fix that, instead of a simple zone maintenance.

Oh, protip: Unity with Geo is slightly glitched. If they have a luopon out when you pop, YOU get the negative effect for a few seconds. Amazing.

*** this game.

I know for a fact that they do have plans to introduce higher lvl versions of the great wyrms we have. Perhaps Unity wanted may play a role in that. The system of unity has a large Avenue to expand upon that and breaks the divide of having to have the best 3rd party bot. We already see the difficulty lvl of high lvl battlefields that grants access to everyone with the same drops just a different drop rate percent But in the overall spirit of challenge. Think it is too tough select very easy. Want a epic challenge select very difficult. We got the freedom to do that which they never had to implement or think of.

What a beautiful game lasting this long with a bright future. Ffxi is here to stay naysayers ;)
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-12-26 03:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

And who cares if they do expand into Wyrms? It'll still be them slapping a new name on an old face with the fight likely not living up to expectations. It can barely even classify as nostalgia if it doesn't recreate the original scenario. Don't forget most people's fondness for the "difficulty" of these events stemmed from lack of game knowledge among the player base, its hard to go back now that we know how BRD works(not to mention all the gear variability we're handed so readily now-a-days).
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-26 03:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well someone had to care my friend i know I am one and I am positive there is others otherwise SE would not even be seeking there development team to even touch the idea's. Yes there is plans.

Who wants to go back to bots and 3 to 7 day pop windows? Sure it was awesome when I didn't have responsibility or a family or bills or mortgage to worry about.

I doubt they will have the same mechanical aspects like there former versions and for proof look at the newer renditions of the battlefields.

All of this is strongly welcomed they play a huge part of ffxi lore.
[+]