Is It Possible To Remake KParser?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Is it possible to remake KParser?
Is it possible to remake KParser?
By Yandaime 2014-12-23 21:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I want to first say that I love the work you guys do here. It's thanks quite largely to your innovations that FFXI still has life in it's veins!

2nd, I love using KParser, it helps me keep a full set of accurate stats across several fights so that I can look them over and see how well I, my friends or my LS are doing. A lot of people in my LS don't have KParser or don't know how to use it etc, and love hearing the action reports so they can see where they need to improve.

tldr;

I am wondering if there would be a way to rebuild K Parser to make it more stable and less vulnerable to breaking whenever a new update comes along. Or maybe make a way for Scoreboard to record data on it's own tab similar to KParser?

As it is right now, Scoreboard works but it's very cumbersome to use and no where near as useful as KParser in my humble opinion.

Hopefully there's something that can be done about this if something hasn't been done already.

Thank you for your time
VIP
By Iryoku 2014-12-23 23:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Before the launch of Windower 4 we were working with Motenten to give a direct feed of the action packets to KParser using Windower 4's (then new) IPC layer. However, Mote got busy, the idea was abandoned, and the KParser code was eventually removed from Windower. If this work had continued, KParser would have had a much more robust (as well as more accurate) way to gather data; only needing minor fixes on the rare occasions that SE changes the action packet (once every few years at most).

Restarting that work is certainly possible, but you would need to convince the right people (namely Motenten) that it is a good investment of their time.

Extending Scoreboard is also a possibility, but it was never really intended to be a replacement for KParser, and Suji doesn't play any more. Again, though, you would need to convince someone to take up this project, or you could take it on yourself, since Scoreboard is open source.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-12-23 23:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A save feature on scoreboard would be amazing! <3 ;)
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-23 23:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately Motenten is missing it seems, probably went off to cure cancer with math.
[+]
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2014-12-23 23:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
A save feature on scoreboard would be amazing! <3 ;)
SB actually has a save feature partly implemented. Its creates a file in data/parses but its blank. I'll look into finishing it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Scoobyru
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Scoobyru 2014-12-25 03:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

does any one have or know how i find out the latest mem lock for k parser pls ?
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-25 15:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Scoobyru said: »
does any one have or know how i find out the latest mem lock for k parser pls ?
I can give you the memloc, but it wont help, the changes to chat last update broke the actual program, it wont detect anything.
Code
005D4580
 Leviathan.Scoobyru
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Scoobyru 2014-12-26 12:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

awwww ok :( thanks for letting me know
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Server: Cerberus
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2014-12-29 09:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

0x005D4580 is correct.
kparser is probably broken because SE changes the header length (53 -> 62)
i don't know if anything else has changed. it's the only change

See this post, i tried to updated it.