New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » rani solo on pld
rani solo on pld
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Masterdarkjedi 2014-12-06 11:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else solo this with PLD lvl 119 I can do it but once it hits 25% hp it charms me and it was back on 60% hp...

Anyone tried this with Atma of the Savior?
By Pantafernando 2014-12-06 11:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masterdarkjedi said: »
Anyone else solo this with PLD lvl 119 I can do it but once it hits 25% hp it charms me and it was back on 60% hp...

Anyone tried this with Atma of the Savior?

Try fealty.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-12-06 12:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fealty is nice, but it isn't going to last long enough unless you get really really lucky with your timing and when it tries to charm. (Maybe if you're brewing? If you manage to not cure her too much)

Go /run, use tenebrae runes and pflug when you can. Wear the Highest Magic evasion+ gear you can get. In PLD's case, this would be Respite cloak, Umuthi gloves, and espial legs/feet. If you're lacking Respite, then the next best would be Gavialis/Lithelimb head, and Espial body.

I resisted all charm attempts on 2 fights this way. Avg about 3 charms per fight. And I did this before respite cloak came out, So you don't even need That much meva. Didn't use any light resist accessories either.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-06 12:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you use mandies to power it down?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-12-06 12:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Did you use mandies to power it down?
Me? No. But I probably should have. <,< Would have made procing go faster too. Well, cept for if it was a staff proc. Maybe proc->agro mandies->zerg.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-12-06 12:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, you know... I totally forgot about this, but the real reason not to rely on Fealty, is cause she might just steal it with her add effect buff drain. <,<
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-06 12:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use a shitton of mandies, almost all of your damage will come from CDC spam / self skillchains and as a result she'll get much less TP and use fewer TP moves.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-06 12:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Oh, you know... I totally forgot about this, but the real reason not to rely on Fealty, is cause she might just steal it with her add effect buff drain. <,<

The charm effect is so so predictable, iirc, it happens when her eyes start glowing, so, its short time when suposelly she wont use melees, but charm, you can use fealty to counter at least one charming.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-12-06 12:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

The charm effect is so so predictable, iirc, it happens when her eyes start glowing, so, its short time when suposelly she wont use melees, but charm, you can use fealty to counter at least one charming.
Well, that's news to me. I thought Caturae's eyes glowed while the effects of Afflicting Gaze were up. Then once they stop glowing, you know that the gaze/aura effect is gone.

Edit:Ahh, I see some info on this on old wiki.
Quote:
Enthrall: 15-18' AoE Charm and Sippoy Costume.

Only used below 50% HP as the next TP move after Rani's eyes have ignited. The eyes will ignite randomly after TP moves are used.

Afflicting Gaze: Gaze Attack that inflicts Bind and Plague.

Unlike other caturae, this attack is instantaneous and does not continue for a period of time. Rani's ignited eyes will not bind or plague you after the move has been used.
That's useful. Would have helped me more a few years ago though. lol.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-06 13:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

you can nearly be immune to charm with right atmas/gear and /run
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-06 13:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

unsure if /run will take away some procs though
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-12-06 13:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Can her en-buff stealing take Fealty or runes?

I recently needed to get my alt an epona's ring and I found it easy to deal with as blu/war. I even had to time my ws to her tp attacks to make sure she didn't die before I proc'ed. Granted, it wasn't a solo and it wasn't on pld but I wouldn't imagine it would be all that much trouble to kill. I think procing and keeping that proc would be the only iffy part. I just full-timed meva gear and I resisted charm.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-06 13:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

But back to charm issue, iirc, using some kind of dots would prevent the nm to heal (though its not garanteed that will prevent losing proc?)?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-12-06 13:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I know fealty can be drained.

I have this vague recolection, of her stealing a rune from me, then her just doing en-dmg rather than stealing buffs. Like my rune overwrote her buff-drain. <,< Runes have the highest en-effect priority, so. lol.

But now that Runes are non-dispellable, they probably can't be drained anymore either. But I bet enlight would block her buff-drain once she stole it too... XD
 Cerberus.Masterdarkjedi
By Cerberus.Masterdarkjedi 2014-12-06 13:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

did use Atma of the Twin Claw didn't help might stack Resist Charm gear next see if that works
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-12-06 13:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
But back to charm issue, iirc, using some kind of dots would prevent the nm to heal (though its not garanteed that will prevent losing proc?)?
I'd consider charm a non-issue to anyone who has read the thread now. We've gone over 2 ways to deal with it now. Plus some ways to reduce fight time and mob TP gain.

#1; Full resist strategy using /run + magic evasion gear. (could use atma too)

#2: Timed fealty use after Rani's eyes glow. (Buff duration/recast limitations) Should be able to counter buff drain risk by letting her take enlight.
 Cerberus.Masterdarkjedi
By Cerberus.Masterdarkjedi 2014-12-06 13:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

with item below will check it out and post back.
Elegant Ribbon
Merrow No.17's Locket
Toad Mittens
Volunteer's Earring
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-12-06 13:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Masterdarkjedi said: »
did use Atma of the Twin Claw didn't help might stack Resist Charm gear next see if that works
If you're going to dedicate an atma to resisting charm, don't use that one. Resist trait gear stacking is for when you cannot possibly get enough magic evasion to resist. And that is not the case here.

If you want to use an atma, use Atma of the Holy Mountain. +100 light resist. Charm is light based, so this will likely help a great deal more than some unquantified minor resist charm+

Stack on tenebrae runes and some Ilvl gear with good magic evasion and you should be fine.
[+]
 Cerberus.Masterdarkjedi
By Cerberus.Masterdarkjedi 2014-12-06 13:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Atma of the Holy Mountain
yeah will also try that one too thank you:P
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-12-06 14:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought the resist stats made the status effects duration lower. i didn't think it actually increased your chance to 'resist'.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-06 14:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought the resist stats made the status effects duration lower. i didn't think it actually increased your chance to 'resist'.

Resist Sleep on equipment and job trait gives you a % chance of triggering "Resist! <name> resisted the effects of Sleep." whenever you would have been slept otherwise (but not Repose). It's the same for the other traits.

Barsleepra increases your magic evasion to sleep effects. It's the same for the other barstatus spells.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-06 23:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had no issues stunning Enthrall as RUN/DRK with Weapon Bash, I'm sure Shield Bash would be just as effective should you decide to not use Fealty.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-07 08:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You can solo Rani no prob on SMN, she can't enthrall your pet.

Paladin SHOULD be able to solo and resist it providing a decent MEVA set and /RUN.

Rune Fencer can do the same but if Pflug drops you may or may not get hit with charm.

Also, as far as I know, nothing can drain a rune because they aren't dispellable and thus ineligible even for her endrain effect.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-12-07 09:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Masterdarkjedi said: »
with item below will check it out and post back.
Elegant Ribbon
Merrow No.17's Locket
Toad Mittens
Volunteer's Earring

don't forget hearty earring, 2x dusksoul rings, and aenotherus mantle +1
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-12-09 12:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

When server is back up I'll try to solo on blu, I'll let you know how it turns out. I'll try stun lock and if that doesn't work. I got beat to it but flawless ribbon and the killer short bow is the way I'd go on pld with earrings
 Cerberus.Masterdarkjedi
By Cerberus.Masterdarkjedi 2014-12-10 08:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah solo this works like charm on pld :P