Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-12-04 13:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
QFT.

Android does this too, sadly. After the update at the beginning of this year my Droid Razr Maxx went belly-the-***-up.

Man, that's my third QFT of the day. I'm on fire with my interesting factual information :3
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-12-04 22:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

But what if they had a lawsuit and had no plaintiff?

Apple Says Plaintiffs' iPods Not Covered by Suit

Quote:
For want of an iPod, a billion-dollar lawsuit may be in jeopardy.

Apple attorneys have raised an eleventh-hour challenge that could derail a long-running, class-action lawsuit. The lawsuit is over Apple's use of restrictive software that kept iPods from playing digital music sold by competitors to its iTunes store.

The case went to trial this week, but Apple said new evidence shows the two women named as plaintiffs may not have purchased iPod models covered by the lawsuit....

Apple stopped using the software in 2009 and, after a series of pretrial rulings narrowed the case, the lawsuit only covers iPod models purchased between September 2006 and March 2009. Plaintiffs are claiming that Apple's restrictive software froze out competitors and allowed Apple to sell iPods at inflated prices. They are seeking $350 million damages, which could be tripled if the jury finds Apple violated federal antitrust law.

After plaintiff Marianna Rosen testified on Wednesday, Apple attorneys said they checked the serial number on her iPod Touch and found it was purchased in July 2009. In a letter sent to the court late Wednesday night, Apple lawyer William Isaacson said it appears the other plaintiff, Melanie Wilson, bought iPods outside the relevant time frame or, in one instance, purchased a model that didn't have the specific version of software at issue in the case....
By Jetackuu 2014-12-04 22:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Reichleiu said: »
Try using any modern apps on an iPhone 4. Hell.. just upgrade the iPhone 4 software and OS to the most recent and you won't be able to use Safari without it crashing often.

Its a good business model to create software that forces you to upgrade your hardware to use it properly.(Not just an apple thing though)

QFT.

Android does this too, sadly. After the update at the beginning of this year my Droid Razr Maxx went belly-the-***-up.

Be careful there, you may be confusing your customized rom of android on your device from your carrier to actual android, if you use a custom rom, ignore this.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-04 22:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
but lol, mp3, seriously: flac.

*shrug*

I have to wonder how many people who use FLAC actually have the speakers/headphones, equalizer knowledge, and the ear to pick out any noticeable difference.

I barely do in most instances, and I'm a musician who has worked with audio software and equipment. Not a great one, but I am one. Most people listening to music are not.

Soooo...

mmhmm, I just don't see the point in keeping multiple sets, and if I'm going to rip music I'll also have an archive set, so my functional will be the same quality.