Mother Cooks Infant In The Microwave

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Mother Cooks Infant In The Microwave
Mother Cooks Infant In The Microwave
First Page 2
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-11-14 20:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

CALIFORNIA- A mother faces life in prison after she cooked her infant in the microwave. The woman’s name is Ka Yang and she was a resident of California. The judge associated with this case also uncovered enough evidence to convict Ka Yang on a murder charge, as well as the torture she ensued on her daughter leading up to her death. The prosecutors assigned to this case determined the death penalty was not an option, but most people would agree that punishment is fitting for a crime of this stature. Instead of the death sentence, Ka Yang will spend the rest of her life in prison for cooking her daughter in the microwave. Ka Yang has a total of four children, so what would make her torture her youngest baby to death? The child died on March 17th from life threatening burns after her mother threw her in the microwave and pressed start. A medical examiner investigated the infant’s body and discovered the radiation inside the microwave fried the baby’s internal organs. Ka Yang’s lawyer tried to defend her actions by telling the judge her action’s are excusable because she suffers from severe seizures. Her seizures supposedly led her to throw her seven-week-old baby in the microwave. The defense attorney also said Ka Yang was in a state of panic and didn’t know she was harming her child. Ka Yang told the court she doesn’t even remember committing the crime. Her family also told the judge when the woman has seizures she envisions bright light and forestry before they take full effect. District Attorney Chris Ore told the courtroom the woman didn’t experience a seizure when she threw her baby inside the microwave. He also said Ka Yang fabricated the story when she called 911 after she fried her daughter. For example, when detectives first arrived to her residence she told them the baby fell on a heater while she was experiencing a seizure. Dr. Gregory Reiber said the infant endured excruciating pain while being cooked inside the microwave. The woman allegedly did this to her infant because she didn’t want to be late for work. What are your thoughts on this situation?

Source
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-11-14 20:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

might be a little old im not sure, but still....
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-11-14 20:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just one of those things I could've lived without having seen the title of :/
[+]
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-11-14 20:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
This is just one of those things I could've lived without having seen the title of :/

yep

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-14 20:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i have no words to adequately express my thoughts right now. from my anger towards the mother, to the sadness at the thought of the torture the child endured.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-14 20:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

People aren't born evil, I wonder what transpired in her life to make her into a monster.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-11-14 20:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Did she eat him?
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-11-14 20:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

yea me too...

but sadly this ***is out there. And maybe not the norm but happens more often then ppl think. :'(
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-14 21:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-11-14 21:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-11-14 21:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Legendia said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »

yea me too...

but sadly this ***is out there. And maybe not the norm but happens more often then ppl think. :'(
You don't get to play that card nerd! You willingly and consciously shared this story and it's details with new people!

true, but hiding it away doesn't change the fact that it happened.

And every time i see a story similar to this i think about all the discussions on these forums about ppl saying they want criminals treated nicely and what not.
Honestly tho, i have no desire even try and make a point with this (or even try to think of one) Its just to damn despicable of an act that happened...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-11-14 21:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Legendia said: »
True: this type of crime usually spurs on base emotions in people demanding medieval justice.
In this case New Wave Justice.

As in the NuWave oven justice!
By Chyula 2014-11-14 22:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

her name and look seem like a chinese, must be from China. They eat anything and everything over there.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-14 22:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

She's put away in a place quite frankly worse than death for the remaining years of her life, and her offspring is dead. I don't know about you, but I feel like the world is a slightly better place.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-14 23:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
People aren't born evil, I wonder what transpired in her life to make her into a monster.
well some would argue otherwise, but apparently she wasn't right in the head anyway, she probably wasn't fully functioning if she was actually having regular seizures, I hate to be that guy, but she probably should be in a mental institution, not a prison, as she's clearly *** up in the head.

Arkham anyone?
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-11-15 00:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't think the majority of the people that do stuff like this are doing it just because they're plain evil and they want to. There's generally some sort of mental issues going on.

Still, especially as a parent, stories like this really hurt my heart.
By Voren 2014-11-15 00:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Option 1: Throw her in gen pop, let the convicts know what she did, punishment will be served swiftly.

Option 2: Place her in a mental institution where she'll do the thorazine shuffle for the rest of her life. Queue orderlies and other staff that have less than stellar backgrounds that get their jollies off doing the nasty with patients.

Either way her life will not be a bed of roses. Death penalty would be too good and too easy for her.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2014-11-15 02:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
Option 1: Throw her in gen pop, let the convicts know what she did, punishment will be served swiftly.

Option 2: Place her in a mental institution where she'll do the thorazine shuffle for the rest of her life. Queue orderlies and other staff that have less than stellar backgrounds that get their jollies off doing the nasty with patients.

Either way her life will not be a bed of roses. Death penalty would be too good and too easy for her.

Option 1. Only before you let her loose in gen pop, add in a bunch of particularly violent types. Especially those that are in prison for doing something extreme to protect or avenge a child. They might not even have to worry about a body. Option 2 would just make it so she might wind up with another baby to nuke.
[+]
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2014-11-15 03:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Why
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-15 05:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Krystela said: »
Why
You're not you when you're hungry.
[+]
 Valefor.Blizz
Server: Valefor
user: Blizzit
By Valefor.Blizz 2014-11-15 05:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

"Ka Yang’s lawyer tried to defend her actions by telling the judge her action’s are excusable because she suffers from severe seizures. Her seizures supposedly led her to throw her seven-week-old baby in the microwave. The defense attorney also said Ka Yang was in a state of panic and didn’t know she was harming her child. Ka Yang told the court she doesn’t even remember committing the crime. Her family also told the judge when the woman has seizures she envisions bright light and forestry before they take full effect."

Got to love at least some justice in getting a public defender in this case. To even try to go with a seizure defence has me sitting and laughing give the attorny a hand really. A involentary motor function from brain waves lasting 2-15 min. and you are gonna try to have me belive that you can perform several fine motor skills up to placeing the victem in the microwave setting it and pressing start. Then try to play amnesia in a post dictal state. A more viable defence could have been maybe post pardon depresion.

The world is a sick and desimal place filled with monsters like this thing here. The electric chair would be sutable in my opinion but a jury of her peers picked otherwise.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-15 05:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Did she eat him?
She was out of bacon and late for work so she couldn't just go buy more. Dire situations require extreme actions!
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2014-11-15 05:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Asura.Krystela said: »
Why
You're not you when you're hungry.
Omg laughed D:

I shouldnt, Omg I feel bad, but it was good.
[+]
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2014-11-15 08:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Blizz said: »
"Ka Yang’s lawyer tried to defend her actions by telling the judge her action’s are excusable because she suffers from severe seizures. Her seizures supposedly led her to throw her seven-week-old baby in the microwave. The defense attorney also said Ka Yang was in a state of panic and didn’t know she was harming her child. Ka Yang told the court she doesn’t even remember committing the crime. Her family also told the judge when the woman has seizures she envisions bright light and forestry before they take full effect."

Got to love at least some justice in getting a public defender in this case. To even try to go with a seizure defence has me sitting and laughing give the attorny a hand really. A involentary motor function from brain waves lasting 2-15 min. and you are gonna try to have me belive that you can perform several fine motor skills up to placeing the victem in the microwave setting it and pressing start. Then try to play amnesia in a post dictal state. A more viable defence could have been maybe post pardon depresion.

The world is a sick and desimal place filled with monsters like this thing here. The electric chair would be sutable in my opinion but a jury of her peers picked otherwise.

Nice to see a doctor on these forums. You're right complex partial seizures are just a myth.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial_seizure
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-11-15 08:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
her name and look seem like a chinese, must be from China. They eat anything and everything over there.

Looks like a Korean person to me ...
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-15 09:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What is wrong with her head?

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2