This Is A Plus Size Model?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » This is a plus size model?
This is a plus size model?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 11:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
To be honest, what does it matter if a person is fat or not anyway?

It's their health, not yours. It's not like you or anyone else is affected by another person's weight.

If you are truly cacomorphobic, then there is no help for you at all. Go live in a cave and keep away from people, period.
Wow, of all people, I'd figure you would not be the one to make this statement.

Here goes: the morbidly obese (the people we tend to think of in discussions like this, not the underwear model with a slightly jiggly butt) are lined up to have fewer years working, thereby fewer years paying taxes, and are more likely to have serious health problems during their working years, thereby more revenue lost and just a general drag on whatever industry they work in. There's also a correlation between being hugely overweight and earning less money. It can be a little chicken-and-egg to trace causes, but among them it wouldn't be unfair to point out that the many health issues caused by tipping 300 lbs. reduce someone's prospects (and there's the good ol' halo effect, too). Being habitually poor generally leads to seeking or relying on public assistance, either via government programs or charitable organizations.

Someone's ill health will affect you, albeit in a fairly infinitesimal way on an individual basis (which is to say that the fat guy who lives on your block is costing you personally maybe a few thousandths of a cent), but it does add up. This is true of virtually all widespread health problems, hence why clinicians have taken to referring to certain non-disease-vector issues as "epidemics." This is, incidentally, why we have things like seatbelt and anti-smoking laws, not that the firm fiscal conservatism that underlays them ever gets mentioned in normal discourse.
So, basically you want to control other people you are uncomfortable to be around. Got it Jet Ono.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-12 11:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is awesome...

Most of you care way too much about other people's personal appearance... lol...
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-11-12 11:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm here for the potential fap material - Tiger please elaborate on your point using more images, please... =)
[+]
By volkom 2014-11-12 11:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

personal appearance + hygiene do go a long ways though
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-11-12 11:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Be comfortable in your own skin.

If you're fat and happy, *** what anyone else thinks; but be prepared to tolerate some of the more rude individuals of society being ***. That's just life. Chances are they're not paragons of health either; they just weigh less with their own particular vices.

If your weight is making you unhappy, do something about it. Not because other people think you should, but because you deserve to be happy with yourself.

And be prepared to have people be rude to you then, too. Because, well. Humans are jerks.

As for plus-size Calvin Klein models, that probably is plus-sized for their lines, as they probably don't sell clothing actually goes into "real" plus-sizes.

At least, I doubt it? Can't say for sure. Not a brand I favor either way.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-11-12 11:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I'm here for the potential fap material - Tiger please elaborate on your point using more images, please... =)

Perfect in my book. Before anyone says she's too big; it won't look even close to that when she's not actively flexing.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-12 11:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't want to run into her in a dark alley. she looks like she could rape or mug me pretty easily.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-11-12 11:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
she looks like she could rape or mug me pretty easily.
There's a problem with this?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-12 11:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I wouldn't want to run into her in a dark alley. she looks like she could rape or mug me pretty easily.

Why do I get the impression you're going to spend the next couple hours imagining that?
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-12 11:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

nowai

scary.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-12 11:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you scare-roused?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-12 11:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Most of you care way too much about other people's personal appearance... lol...

I'm tired of hearing about fat people. The skinny lobby needs to spend more money on exposing the horrific treatment us naturally skinny folk get on a daily basis. Put people in a skinny suit and see the reactions. The daily tragedy that is our existence. Cursed to live in a land of Wal-Mart fatties shoveling tater tots and frozen White Castle sliders into a shopping cart as their children eat Oreos right off the shelf. You didn't even pay for that.

All those glares, the questions about how much we eat, the comparisons to a skeleton, claims of being unhealthy and being mailed cheeseburgers has done a number to our self-esteem. Tormented by calorie counting fitness gurus on one side and Portly McBlubberson on the other shoveling Sara Lee into his gullet as he reaches his greasy hand to offer me a bag of half-eaten chips. "You look hungry, bro." he says with a look of condescension.

"Really? Really??"

Tell Doctor Oz do a segment on skinny people and stop wasting our time with some child who can barely breathe because he's got 45lbs sitting on top of his lungs. No one cares. Stop lifting Kid Cuisines and start lifting barbells already.

*** you America, *** you fat ***. I hate you all. Lose weight or get diabetes and shuffle off the mortal coil already. We are skinny and we are many. We will not be intimidated by your sweaty folds or your abs you sculpted because daddy didn't hug you as a child. Our natural aerodynamic frames will be chosen by Darwinian evolution as the superior option. We will outbreed you and you will be relegated to dustbin of history. To all my skinny brothers and sisters: We will be prevail. God is with us. Liberation is nigh.

#skinnyandproud
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-12 11:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
What about gender? Is that not your own skin too?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-11-12 11:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

I'm tired of hearing about fat people...
#skinnyandproud

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-12 12:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're fat and happy
I can't understand. I'm not saying you shouldn't be happy in life in general, but surely shouldn't be happy of being fat. People should always strive to better themselves; if you're lazy etc that's fine it's your 12.95$life, but someone going "yay I'm fat!" sounds wrong on so many levels.
And no I don't say this cause I like to see fat people suffer, but cause I really feel this way.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-11-12 12:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

...are you asking me if I support the trans community?

Not really relevant to the discussion, but yes. I do.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-12 12:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm tired of hearing about fat people...
#skinnyandproud

I'd accept but I might explode into a pillar of dust or be carried away on the winds or shatter to pieces or whatever the oppressors believe will happen to me after this gesture of affection.

#skinnyandproud
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-12 12:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

How can you tell people to be comfortable in their own skin and yet support people who aren't comfortable in their own bodies at the same time?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-11-12 12:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
If you're fat and happy
I can't understand. I'm not saying you shouldn't be happy in life in general, but surely shouldn't be happy of being fat. People should always strive to better themselves; if you're lazy etc that's fine it's your 12.95$life, but someone going "yay I'm fat!" sounds wrong on so many levels.
And no I don't say this cause I like to see fat people suffer, but cause I really feel this way.

It's not about being "happy because you're fat", as much as being NOT unhappy about it. I mean, are you happy you're thin? Or is that simply your state of being?

It's not my duty or right to tell you that you have to change some aspect of yourself because I think it's wrong, especially on such a superficial level. If you're killing and eating children, okay, yeah. That's a problem. But if you're not actively harming anyone else or encroaching upon their rights in some way...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-11-12 12:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

How can you tell people to be comfortable in their own skin and yet support people who aren't comfortable in their own bodies at the same time?

I think you may be misinterpreting what I'm saying.

I'm saying do what you have to in order to be as comfortable with yourself as you can and don't let other people dictate that for you.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 12:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not my duty or right to tell you that you have to change some aspect of yourself because I think it's wrong, especially on such a superficial level.

In reality, those who complain about fat people and want to "help" them really just want to control their lives.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-12 12:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Or sell products. I mean, you do live in a capitalist nation.

There is money to be made selling fatties magic weight loss pills and skinny people the need to workout so you too can obsess over calories and lean muscle mass.

America exists to make you uncertain and insecure about yourself. If people felt comfortable in their own skin, the spice wouldn't flow.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-12 12:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not about me looking at you I already said it's your business in my previous post ffs; it's about your own life, how can you be happy of being unhealthy, especially when in most cases it's very possible to do something about it.
It's just about taking care of yourself. If you're a ball of fat rolling around I'm going to think you are not a person who does.

I don't care what fat posters of this site do with their lives, but I'm still going to be very perplexed and saddened if they're overjoyed of being fat.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 12:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There is money to be made selling fatties magic weight loss pills and skinny people the need to workout so you too can obsess over calories and lean muscle mass.

America exists to make you uncertain and insecure about yourself. If people felt comfortable in their own skin, the spice wouldn't flow.
As a selling strategy only.

But when people are "concerned" with the "welfare" of others, that's just another way of saying that they don't approve of you, and want to change (or control) you to fit their own image.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 12:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care what fat posters of this site do with their lives, but I'm still going to be very perplexed and saddened if they're overjoyed of being fat.
I don't think anyone's "overjoyed" but more like "comfortable"

I'm pretty sure that some people tried and failed to lose any weight and gave up on the emotional trauma that creates.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-11-12 12:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not about me looking at you I already said it's your business in my previous post ffs; it's about your own life, how can you be happy of being unhealthy, especially when in most cases it's very possible to do something about it.

I'm speaking in generalities, you're taking what I'm saying very personally. Please keep in mind I didn't read every last post in this thread that closely.

Quote:
How can you be happy of being unhealthy

Can people be happy as smokers? Can people be happy living promiscuous sexual lives? Can people be happy sunbathing? Can people be happy as heavy drinkers? Can people with chronic health issues non-obesity-related be happy?

As I said. It's not about being happy because they're fat, but rather not letting being fat define them.

The basic mantra of "calories in, calories out" is certainly true at the core of the discussion, but there's just so much more to it on a psychological and societal level.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-12 12:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying you shouldn't be happy in life in general, but surely shouldn't be happy of being fat.
I already said this.
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-11-12 12:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to pick anyone out of a crowd (though I did happen to do just that <.< there's a lot to pick apart here, but nary the time), but what is so saddening about someone being happy? If it's something they enjoy, and it doesn't hurt others, shouldn't we be happy for that person? Or am I misinterpreting?

I'm saying do what you have to in order to be as comfortable with yourself as you can and don't let other people dictate that for you.

Nailed it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-12 12:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

As a selling strategy only.

But when people are "concerned" with the "welfare" of others, that's just another way of saying that they don't approve of you, and want to change (or control) you to fit their own image.

Societies have always had a conception of the ideal, the personal battle of course is to find YOUR ideal even if that's a quivering, gelatinous mess of an individual a breath away from a stroke. America idealizes extremely fit people who need to basically make an intense hobby out of staying in shape. Hardly the 20 minute walk per day and lifting some sad little barbells in your house. There's a reason we make fun of "do you even lift, bro?" folks and it's because fitness is a lifestyle.

So disgusted we are with ourselves as Americans we snip, trim and photoshop ourselves to avoid the reality of being fatties. Fat *** in denial. The obsession with extremely fit people a manifestation of our collective self-esteem vacuum. Skinny people don't even register on this continuum other than poking fun at some dead model found slumped over a toilet. It's ok though. They're all interchangeable anyway.

If you're a fatty and you're proud of it, more power to you for believing in yourself even if people may disagree on your shape. Live on your own terms or you'll be made to dance like a puppet for society and never be happy.
By Blazed1979 2014-11-12 12:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Blazed1979 said: »

Perfect in my book. Before anyone says she's too big; it won't look even close to that when she's not actively flexing.
dont like blondes. got any brunettes with a tan?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8