By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-10 11:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Figures I paged with that.

[+]
By Gravionblack 2014-11-10 11:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Gravionblack said: »
I still find it funny that everyone complaining about the new stuff that has come out are the same people who were complaining before that they had beat EVERYTHING in the game and now they have nothing to do.

I too find it funny(not funny haha but funny weird) that people who complain that they've done 'EVERYTHING' really haven't done that much. A person who's done it all should have everything capped, all rme weapons, clears on every battlefield,mission,arena, all quests complete, all titles, atmas etc. Not just having 1-2 good weapons and an absurd amount of 'situational' (decent-to-great) gear sets for a few jobs.

I can understand someone trying to be a top tier player and only focusing on 1-3 jobs and getting/doing everything imaginable with that but don't say you've done it all and there's nothing to do.
I solely agree with you.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 11:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I still find it funny that everyone complaining about the new stuff that has come out are the same people who were complaining before that they had beat EVERYTHING in the game and now they have nothing to do.

I too find it funny(not funny haha but funny weird) that people who complain that they've done 'EVERYTHING' really haven't done that much. A person who's done it all should have everything capped, all rme weapons, clears on every battlefield,mission,arena, all quests complete, all titles, atmas etc. Not just having 1-2 good weapons and an absurd amount of 'situational' (decent-to-great) gear sets for a few jobs.

I can understand someone trying to be a top tier player and only focusing on 1-3 jobs and getting/doing everything imaginable with that but don't say you've done it all and there's nothing to do.

They've done/geared the jobs that they enjoy. A lot of jobs and weapons are basically useless. Even the best RNG wouldn't make a mythic, it sucks. Even career THF's didn't make Vajra's until it got buffed to the sky.

I also don't see the point in making Empyreans or Relics you'll either never use or for jobs that don't benefit from them. Who's going to 119 a Redemption just because it's something they can do?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 11:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

They've done/geared the jobs that they enjoy. A lot of jobs and weapons are basically useless. Even the best RNG wouldn't make a mythic, it sucks. Even career THF's didn't make Vajra's until it got buffed to the sky.

I also don't see the point in making Empyreans or Relics you'll either never use or for jobs that don't benefit from them. Who's going to 119 a Redemption just because it's something they can do?

but collecting every shiny in existence is valid content, bro.
[+]
By Gravionblack 2014-11-10 11:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you want to? Or maybe just maybe you actually do enjoy playing the game? You can make whatever you want on the game because it is YOUR game, so why come to the forums and whine about what other people do? Everyone will not be happy all the time i get that, but trying to tell people the game is boring makes no sense to me. Just like your saying a RNG relic sucks, when it was not long ago if you didnt have a relic bow or gun you would not get into anything end game.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-10 11:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a forum, people come here to discuss. I'll never understand these people complaining about those who express opinions. It wouldn't be a forum if there were no debates ffs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-10 12:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bets on when XI shuts down? I have Summer 2017 penciled in as my prediction.

RIP
Final Fantasy XI: A Realm We Mourn
2003-2017
With balance in our hearts, anything is possible.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 12:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you want to? Or maybe just maybe you actually do enjoy playing the game? You can make whatever you want on the game because it is YOUR game, so why come to the forums and whine about what other people do? Everyone will not be happy all the time i get that, but trying to tell people the game is boring makes no sense to me. Just like your saying a RNG relic sucks, when it was not long ago if you didnt have a relic bow or gun you would not get into anything end game.

RNG MYTHIC sucks, both their relic's are great. And they are still more or less a requirement for anything that you would NEED to use RNG's on.

I agree that people shouldn't level a job to 99 in RoE gear and say the game is boring because they don't feel the need to make relics and AF119, but when you have basically capped out the jobs you enjoy/are useful and built the weapons that are relevant, and cleared the content, you have a point in saying it, especially when the content can be cleared so quickly. I don't think anyone else has an obligation to listen to your opinion, just as you have no obligation to listen to theirs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 12:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

RIP
2003-2017

as long as there is useless items to obtain that apparently constitutes as content, morons will never let this completely die
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-10 12:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

They should up the heavy metal from 1500 to 150,000 plates. Instead of 30k alex 300,000

I got to finish every relic and mythic/emp then I finally win FFXI !

(until they release a better weapon that doesn't require all that work...)
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-10 12:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP
2003-2017
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-10 12:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The game is still fun if u have a few jobs. When I do tree I can go Sam bard red Mage white Mage. It's like a new battle every time I go on different jobs. If someone say go koga Sam all the time to tree yea it gets boring fast.

The problem is getting the people to do stuff which is basically the problem
By Gravionblack 2014-11-10 12:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG MYTHIC sucks, both their relic's are great. And they are still more or less a requirement for anything that you would NEED to use RNG's on.

I agree that people shouldn't level a job to 99 in RoE gear and say the game is boring because they don't feel the need to make relics and AF119, but when you have basically capped out the jobs you enjoy/are useful and built the weapons that are relevant, and cleared the content, you have a point in saying it, especially when the content can be cleared so quickly. I don't think anyone else has an obligation to listen to your opinion, just as you have no obligation to listen to theirs.
So i stand corrected, i thought you meant relic, and yes i have no future plans on making a rng mythic. And yes your are very right no one needs to even read what i say, that is what makes the world a wonderful place of choice.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-10 12:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think some just miss the level grind.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-11-10 12:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bets on when XI shuts down? I have Summer 2017 penciled in as my prediction. RIP Final Fantasy XI: A Realm We Mourn 2003-2017 With Tanaka in our hearts, anything is possible.

Ftfy
 Asura.Yunamae
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunamae 2014-11-10 12:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

To answer a question someone asked. What was good in the game before abyssea, which i personally didnt lke as i dont like burning jobs lol

Before abysses people actually played in parties to level.... do you remember the days when you did a search for people seeking and there actully was some... hell yes i miss them days, but they are long gone, so i evolved.

I will always love this game... Even when its only me left playing it, as i love actually leveling properly and slowly and enjoying the job, not zerging to 99 and then moaning cos noone is shouting for this that etc...

I take my time as i enjoy all the low stuff.. I personlly dont like adoulin... and all that i need spells for my blu but i dont enjoy stuff over there. I do want one the new rings, but beyond that im not to bothered.

I really wish when they brought out a new area they didnt do adoulin, but its done now and i level slow so i have enough to do for years, so whatever lol

Peace lol
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-10 12:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

RIP
2003-2017

as long as there is useless items to obtain that apparently constitutes as content, morons will never let this completely die

When the servers dip below a certain level it doesn't matter if the last hardcores are still playing either the servers will be shutdown or a legacy server type situation might crop up.

It's clear SE is trying to get people back but short of a new xpac? Ehhh, this games on the skids. Like 4srs.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 12:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

beat the endgame in a week and got every item it offers? afterglowed your r.e.m?

what? no afterglow r.e.m? you still got stuff to do worth your money, chief
 Carbuncle.Yellowman
Server: Carbuncle
user: Yellowman
By Carbuncle.Yellowman 2014-11-10 12:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Point is if the game is boring and dead for a person then yea don't play it don't think about it but if there is other folks out there that would maybe decide to return or folks that never played the game and maybe thinking about trying it for the first time there is no need for the ones that quit to put out their Irrelevent negativity on a game that they quit long ago, like seriously are you purchasing that person game or paying their membership fee? i think not and threads like this is useless i don't see the point in it but just one person trying to get his 15 seconds of fame after deciding to quit the game and acting childish on bringing the game down or trying to have other players join him on quitting because he feels the game is dead or to just have a silly argument.

If your deciding to quit the game quit no need to say your goodbyes if your planning to make a useless thread just leave it's that easy no need to bring the game down for others that are actually enjoying the game if you had quit long time ago but likes to come in the forums to chit chat that's cool too but no need for bringing the game down for others.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-10 12:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

RIP
2003-2017

No one cares about Japanese people. NA PS2er for life!

Also from the Wikipedia:

Quote:
Final Fantasy XI is the most representative title of the Final Fantasy series, according to producer Hiromichi Tanaka.

Altana bless this man. Tanaka literally wasted away to give us this game. Like his dark soul was entwined in each patch, delivering joy and sadness together in one bitter package.

Tanaka about to dispense justice on one of his stakeholders.

Also:

Quote:
There are currently 16 public game worlds available for play, down from 32 at the game's height, with approximately 15,000 to 20,000 players in each.

Yeah, ok.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-10 12:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I'll believe the game is dying when the RMT shut down selling gil for it, until then it's a bunch of silly conjecture.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-10 12:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

they just added a zero sparth.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 12:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

@Yellowman

You'd be doing those people a favor by showing them a deterrent to FFXI tbh, no one likes wasting time and money.

And currently, FFXI is exactly that.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-10 12:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
There are currently 16 public game worlds available for play, down from 32 at the game's height, with approximately 15,000 to 20,000 players in each.

Yeah, ok.
1. server upgrades yo, hardware has come a long way in 12 years (remember the move? I doubt they moved the old hardware to the new datacenter.)

2. 1000 players, 9-14 mules each.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-10 12:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
@Yellowman

You'd be doing those people a favor by showing them a deterrent to Life tbh, no one likes wasting time and money.

And life is exactly that.
ftfy
By Gravionblack 2014-11-10 12:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Yellowman said: »
Point is if the game is boring and dead for a person then yea don't play it don't think about it but if there is other folks out there that would maybe decide to return or folks that never played the game and maybe thinking about trying it for the first time there is no need for the ones that quit to put out their Irrelevent negativity on a game that they quit long ago, like seriously are you purchasing that person game or paying their membership fee? i think not and threads like this is useless i don't see the point in it but just one person trying to get his 15 seconds of fame after deciding to quit the game and acting childish on bringing the game down or trying to have other players join him on quitting because he feels the game is dead or to just have a silly argument.

If your deciding to quit the game quit no need to say your goodbyes if your planning to make a useless thread just leave it's that easy no need to bring the game down for others that are actually enjoying the game if you had quit long time ago but likes to come in the forums to chit chat that's cool too but no need for bringing the game down for others.
Very true on all counts and on the note im going to go do some dyna.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-10 12:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Eh, I'll believe the game is dying when the RMT shut down selling gil for it, until then it's a bunch of silly conjecture.

The end is nigh. The seas are boiling, Bard isn't the princess it used to be, Relics are everywhere, Seekers of Adoulin wrapped up in record time, XIV is profitable. It's over guys. I just hope that Tanaka writes us all a goodbye note before they pull the plug.

Dear valued players,

I hate all of you. All those years of 5 hour Sandworms brought warmth to my bitter soul and sending Sundi out to get reamed by fans was my utmost delight. After I ran XIV into the docks in an attempt to kill the franchise I could only think of how I could torment you *** some more. How some of you managed to escape my elaborately designed torture traps is beyond me. They had to literally claw me away from designing more ways to drive players to suicide.

Did you know I was responsible for Chrono Cross and Xenogears? You'd never know after my experiences with this game.

I'll see you all in hell,
Hiromichi Tanaka
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2014-11-10 12:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to bring back NM that take 18 hours to kill with people passing out. Those were the days !
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9