Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Pandemonium Warden
Pandemonium Warden
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2014-09-22 03:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I'm hitting the home stretch on my mythic run (pretty much just NI tokens now), and I started doing some forward thinking.

Considering I haven't even seen it since getting the kill with a LS years ago, I haven't a clue what kind of fight to expect from the Warden these days.

I doubt it, but should I plan for trouble if I try to solo on THF or BST? Or does iLvl make it a non-issue? Thanks in advance for any input.
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2014-09-22 05:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd recommend going with a PLD (aegis makes it easier but definitely not required) and a healer. The AF spam on the final form would probably kill you, or the nukes from the babies can add up if you tried solo.
Other than that its a easy fight.
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2014-09-22 12:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Great. Looks like I may have to try to PUG some help. I'm not in a LS, don't have any PLD or healer friends, and don't have the cash flow to hire mercs or buy the Mulcibar's Scoria.

Halfway thinking of just going back into Dynamis or Neo-WoE to create the cash flow to just buy them. In the end, that might wind up being the lesser of two evils...
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-09-22 12:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What mythic u making?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-22 12:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK + WHM can handle PW if they are good, not PUG good, but actually good and well geared. Double drop chance is insanely low even with high TH, but taking a THF is worthwhile. RUN would be a good tank for PW, though I haven't seen it actually used.

The hate mechanics of that fight are somewhat unusual, each form is independent of accumulated hate except for the Dvergr that initiates it. So, whoever has hate on PW before it takes a form will have the initial hate of PW and all the lamps in the form. TH is also reset on each form, making it harder to get high levels of TH. Overall, it's a much easier fight thanks to iLVL gear, but it's still very possible to lose a pop if you're not prepared.
By Primal623 2014-09-22 13:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done this a couple times now for cash, usually with me on MNK, a SAM and WHM friend (all very well geared). At 119, here's what to expect-

Discoid and Homing Missle are still a threat. Unless I have TP already, there's a good chance it'll get at least 1 move off per form.

None of the other forms are really threatening until the final one. This thing has insane MAcc for a Lv.75 and its nukes + lamp nukes are a very high threat (for non-Aegis jobs) even at 119. Sleepga can ruin things fast so make sure you have Poison Pots handy. SAM's Yaegasumi will completely nullify Astral Flow, so he just has to survive the regular nukes. Once it uses AF the SAM obliterates it with an SC, thanks to the WS bonus Yaegasumi gives; After absorbing 8 AFs at once he was pumping out 14K Fudos.

It's really not too bad if things go as planned, but even if it doesn't bring someone alone to sac it occasionally from depopping, get TP on other mobs in the area, and zombie it.
By cervelo84 2014-09-22 13:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oHuafD16FI

I don't know how you're geared but as a samurai with 1 trust npc whm I can win with my 2 hour. Save it till the last form and in 4 ws he dies.

The last form is the scariest because of AF and yet he only has 40,000 tp. Zerg the crap out of him and you won't even see the 1st AF.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-09-22 16:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
RUN would be a good tank for PW, though I haven't seen it actually used.
RUN can offer a good number of tricks with the Wards (Vallation/Valiance/Liement):
Homing Missle: Fire based, use Unda
Discoid: Light based, use Tenebrae
Ruinous Omen (Diabolos Astral Flow): Dark based, use Lux

I personally start the chariot section with Tenebrae Valiance for Discoid, since Homing Missle can never actually kill you (unless you're wearing +magic damage taken gear). The chariot forms have so little HP that they really won't get more than 1 WS off.

In his final form, I've noticed he only uses lightning/ice based nukes, in addition to sleepga and stun (poison potions or other sleep preventing measures are wise, especially for mages). I recommend Barblizzara/Barparalyzra since one of his WS's adds paralyze as well (actually, a large number of his forms have paralyze too). From his Astral Flow, Ruinous Omen is the worst, since it's percent-based, so while it's easy to resist the others, this one can wipe out a large portion of your health.

RUN can strategically use One For All (Magic Shield) before the AF spam and then try to push it into the next wave of AF's before the 30 seconds on OFA is up. I've done this fight as /SAM for obvious reasons, but also /SCH so I could toss out a quick Accession Stoneskin during these parts. Engulfer Cape and Shadow Ring are pretty handy as well.

Always, always bring a friend or mule or whatever who can throw themselves at it to keep it from despawning in case there is a wipe. Even with ilevel gear and various protections, he and his lamps still have outstanding magic accuracy and are constantly barraging you with spells, so things can go suddenly wrong just because he got lucky. In some ways, it's similar to ADL in that his defenses are poor, but he can get you depending on what he decides to use.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-09-22 16:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not so long ago, I was popping a bunch of PWs when friends were finishing mythic trials. Once we reached the final form of one PW, medgetking popped off a barrage with annihilator, hoping to push PW down past first flow. A 32k barrage one shotted the remaining health of PW (from ~75 or 80%). Pretty sure he posted the screen shot here.

More relevantly, i tanked first couple on pld with no problems whatsoever, and another friend came out on her run to try tanking, and I can easily confirm that she had an easier go of it than even I did on pld. I was using reforged 119 af/relic, brochain, but no aegis. Flows only hit me for roughly 100-150 each. Even less for jezz on her run.

other than that, try to keep stoneskin up to prevent homing missile from being as dangerous, and have 2 friends stand in for discoid with some accession stoneskin should make it fairly safe. Aside from that, it's seriously only astral flows and the baby nukes to look out for. happy hunting
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-09-23 22:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

the chariots will never do a TP move if you TP on the lamps and WS on PW. I HIGHLY recommend bringing a brd. If for some reason you wipe, the brd can sac with goddess hymnus and not have to rely on mp for reraise. just alternate dia2 and requiem7. Here is a video of me soloing it on RDM recently. as you can see the nukes can still hurt as i was tanking in -50% MDT and a buttload of MDB. pretty much you want to have a PLD, RUN, or RDM to tank this.

http://youtu.be/QH1FI0gJSiI
 Shiva.Kingmancat
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2014-10-08 03:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing that video made me feel insignificant...

Well, I'm getting close to finishing my base stage weapon, so this is a topic I know I'll have to deal with eventually.

I'm in the Minions pet LS on Shiva so my question is how much firepower would we likely need for this? I myself have BST and the LS is full of BSTs, SMNs, and PUPs that would probably love to get a go at this guy. What would be a safe number of bodies to throw at him and be able to end the fight relative fast?
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-10-08 04:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

if you had 3 pet jobs, with the pet's master helping with damage going at it, it shouldn't take long, around 15 minutes. Even less time if you bring a BRD (which I recommend for SACing as all of you will wipe if all you are is pet jobs; no you can't sic your pets on it and run away, it doesn't work that way).
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2014-10-08 04:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If they're all BST, they can just use the Twilight set.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-08 04:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

final form you'd want at least 1 pd smn and just conduit burn it with multiple smn if possible.
It is possible to burst dps it down before it can do even 1 astralflowga.

Everyone non smn should build and hold tp from killing slimes or whatever in the zone before you have the final form spawn. All the bst and pup can just run in and ws the final form for a final damage push.
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2014-10-08 09:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

it's possible to do it with just npcs? specially the new trust npc rdm that haste2 and refresh2/dia3/para/slow2 on players
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-08 09:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cledant said: »
it's possible to do it with just npcs? specially the new trust npc rdm that haste2 and refresh2/dia3/para/slow2 on players
I hope that the trust doesn't cast Dia III, Paralyze II, and Slow II on players....
 Shiva.Kingmancat
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2014-10-26 15:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Minions LS got our proof of concept that a couple of BSTs can handle it. Astral Flow didn't even prove to be an issue, even when PW summons 3 avatars right on top of you away from the actual fight.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-11-15 05:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I took a loss soloing on blu. I couldn't get pass the AF, has anyone heard of a blu solo or can point me to the instructional video?