Forum » FFXI » General » Fishing Devil Manta
Fishing Devil Manta
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Joyopjogoyop
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Joyopjogoyop 2009-08-10 04:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear about this ID thing i highly think that this is a BOT etc.... i'm sorta getting the hang of trying to fish devil manta but is there a great way to fish up devil manta WITHOUT cheating or using windower etc... yes i think everything that is OUTSIDE of the game that a 360 or PS2 CAN NOT USE is ILLEGAL so can someone please help me about this subject i'm going against 5 botters Pitapita, and his 2 ID's Kurousa and Skyline. other 2 i will put un named as they have helped me understand what IDing is all about. but can someone help a person who helps other people out in this game alot? Thank you :)
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-10 05:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually non bot programs can ID fish... or alot of other things though fishbots will. Um well doubt youll get rid of the other bots... if you mean you how to tell if you got it or another fish monster on your line? I think it is somewhat dependent on fishing skill... I dont do it much so everytime I go down there I need to kinda relearn it since all the monsters have the similar text and similar behavoir but yes you can tell. Especially some of them. There seems to be 2 crab and 2 pugs in there and 1 of each I think tends to not really fight at all. The other 2 can be more difficult to tell though. Needless to say even if you get really good at it theyll still have an edge cause they can release immediately where as you gotta actualy read chat log and possible even fight the fish for awhile
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-08-10 05:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some theories out there with IDs, tho i think fishing devil manta has become a lot more popular due to the increase of price recently i can understand you want to give it a try... To the ID-cheating i dont know, but you can estimate if it is a manta or not because he will always fight back when u try to fish him up. Fact is tho that the bots cannot force devil manta to pop this remains pure luck so you still have the normal chance as if there are normal people. But i can understand that if you see that theese are bots you surely want fairness and i suggest just letting a GM look into it if it cant be helped at all. The good thing is fishing is restricted by level now so if you can get them pwnd by a GM you wont see them back soon. At all you should know when to fish devil manta since it is one mob in the world the number of competitors divides your chance of getting him. Only do him when you see there are no more than like 5 ppl there else it will just be a timesink.
 Leviathan.Shurtugal
Server: Leviathan
user: Shurtugal
By Leviathan.Shurtugal 2009-08-10 05:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I fish the manta every day... It's all luck on if you fish up the manta or not :/ You can tell though when you have the manta on the line. *Most* of the time it is the hardest to pull in and will fight back a lot. Although sometimes its stamina can equal that of a crab, but it will always fight back quite a bit. About the ID fishing... Not sure how that would work on this. But, a group of 3 people will always do better than you since they can just fish up everything and fight and fish at the same time. As stated above, if you think they are botting, just call a GM and hope for the best.
 Siren.Yunalie
Server: Siren
user: Rayln
By Siren.Yunalie 2009-08-10 05:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

in before more QQ about windower.

Best thing I can say is LRN2FISH

edit: /ma "Raise" Fun

Fun is no longer dead^^
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-08-10 05:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yunalie said:

Bartimaeus said:
Pugils usually feel near the same to fish up as Mantas. If two pugils are up, the next hard reel is Manta.

You can sneak pop mobs until you get manta if you're alone, otherwise it's generally luck. Just make sure any reel you do is about 14 seconds or longer or else you risk pulling up crabs.

20 seconds is usually my judgment call for manta or not..

GL ^^

You killed the fun in this thread. Now go edit ur posts!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Harken
Server: Cerberus
user: tins
By Cerberus.Harken 2009-08-10 06:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun should buy some reraise earrings
 Odin.Yakoo
Server: Odin
user: Yakoo
By Odin.Yakoo 2009-08-10 06:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Threadstarter and others

There is no ID Hack and its not depending on fishing skill.

There are 5 IDs/Monster in the water.
2x Crabs 2x Pugils 1x Devil Manta

To fish up the Devil Manta as fast as possible, the 2x Crabs and 2x Pugils need to be outside the pond AT THE SAME TIME. If those are up, the next catch wil be the Devil Manta (you will notice the mantas strenght while fishing) or you will get a Rusty Item (just cancel the catch if you hear the mario kart music).

Again: 5 Ids -> 2x Crabs, 2x Pugils outside at the same time -> Next ID/Catch = 1x Devil Manta
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-10 08:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only ever fished for devil manta once (killed ~3 times, no drop), but I thought there was 1 fish, 1 crab, 1 manta... and you can fish up rusty stuff there? O_o

Also, this isn't FFXIV *sigh*
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-08-10 08:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yunalie said:

QFT ^ and i REALLY like the op's EXCESSIVE USE of CAPS LOCK it REALLY gets the POINT ACROSS... >.>
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-08-10 09:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Actually non bot programs can ID fish... or alot of other things though fishbots will. Um well doubt youll get rid of the other bots... if you mean you how to tell if you got it or another fish monster on your line? I think it is somewhat dependent on fishing skill... I dont do it much so everytime I go down there I need to kinda relearn it since all the monsters have the similar text and similar behavoir but yes you can tell. Especially some of them. There seems to be 2 crab and 2 pugs in there and 1 of each I think tends to not really fight at all. The other 2 can be more difficult to tell though. Needless to say even if you get really good at it theyll still have an edge cause they can release immediately where as you gotta actualy read chat log and possible even fight the fish for awhile

There is a trick to telling whats on your line. You can only weed out the crabs with it and its not using any 3rd pt program. It is purely based on studying how the fish on the line reacts.
 Bahamut.Joyopjogoyop
By Bahamut.Joyopjogoyop 2009-08-10 16:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fishing ID for Devil manta is 4300 etc... a program basicly when u click fish will examine the code of the fish that you have on the hook and unhook the fish or pull it up and always it will be Devil Manta. it is highly unlikely someone able to figure out Devil Manta and fish him up 100% of the time and un hooking all there other mobs every single time. i have seen this happen with a few players that fish here i have fished here for about 3-4 months and they are still doing it just there fishing fishing and fishing devil manta and nothing else. i dont know if its Skill that ohh yea thats DM and it is but what if ur wrong etc... you gotta make a mistake some time but they dont so yea the ID basicly alows u to fish without doing anything till it confirms it is the Devil Manta and u fish it up and BAM its devil Manta. its the same coding as Windower it puts a over cover on the games coding so it doesnt register as a program or something Illegal.
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-08-10 16:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop fishing and find a solid way to make gil.
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-08-10 17:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

u need no fishing skill to catch monsters. but yes, 2x pugs, 2x crabs & 1 manta are the id's
 Bahamut.Joyopjogoyop
By Bahamut.Joyopjogoyop 2009-08-10 17:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i know i dont need fishing skill its more of the people able to fish the the devil manta with no problem of fishing up the other mobs. its like they know exactly when Devil Manta is going to pop or know something around it that they can tell its always DM. it doesnt make sense to me how these people are able to do this. can someone shine some light on this?
 Alexander.Zayo
Server: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-08-10 18:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Kindle said:

second that
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-08-10 18:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Joyopjogoyop said:
i know i dont need fishing skill its more of the people able to fish the the devil manta with no problem of fishing up the other mobs. its like they know exactly when Devil Manta is going to pop or know something around it that they can tell its always DM. it doesnt make sense to me how these people are able to do this. can someone shine some light on this?

I'll tell you but im not telling you one of the tricks i know. I mean why give away my advantage. All i can really say is to study what you catch, when you catch a crab watch how the bar reacts and the rod...eventually you'll be able to tell wether is a pug crab or manta, i personally never pull anythin but pugs or manta, because sometimes pugs and manta fight very similiarly
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-08-10 18:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Zayo said:
Kindle said:

second that

ahh spoken like 2 people who went out there and gave up on it ^^
[+]
 Alexander.Zayo
Server: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-08-10 18:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Or don't want others showing up at the pond... >.>;
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-08-10 18:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Zayo said:
Or don't want others showing up at the pond... >.>;

come on we alll know se rules state, any noob that shows up at the ond and barely survives the manta due to dumb luck and a npc will be garunteed the drop. -.-
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-08-11 00:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dont like those guys fishing you away DM and it's obviously botting just report them. It's not like your insulting ppl... I mean hey:

How should low level players get a party theese days if we dont bann botters over and over again?
 Cerberus.Geldric
Server: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-11 01:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Zayo said:
Kindle said:

second that

You realize fishing is the cheapest gil spent/profit gained craft out there?

And yes an ID system can be/is used to fish for mantas. FFXIapp has a fishing system that tells you which one is a Pugil, Crab, Item, or Manta. But it's not really needed due to it being easy to figure out whats on the hook. Although sometime you may get the Pug that feels like Manta and you fish it up. It is all based on luck, fishing skill in no way has any impact on what monster is on the hook and your chances of landing a Manta. Botters have just was much luck as you at reeling in a Manta.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [156 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Artemiz
user: Artemiz
By Bahamut.Artemiz 2010-01-14 10:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Joyopjogoyop said:
yes i think everything that is OUTSIDE of the game that a 360 or PS2 CAN NOT USE is ILLEGAL

But Xbox users are perfectly fine using party chat which PC users can't? got ya. And no, it's not like vent because someone has to pay for vent which means not everyone has access to it. For many many events in game real time communication is far better than anything windower can provide.

As for the manta.. he's botted to death on Bahamut, I still fish for it but it usually takes me 3-4 days of fishing 4-6 hours a time to get a skin, sometimes much longer if it's really busy and I'm desperate for the gil. I'm afraid you'll either have to put up with it or find another way of making gil, SE has done nothing about Pitapita in the couple of years I've been fishing there so I can't see it changing.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-14 11:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Artemiz said:
Bahamut.Joyopjogoyop said:
yes i think everything that is OUTSIDE of the game that a 360 or PS2 CAN NOT USE is ILLEGAL
But Xbox users are perfectly fine using party chat which PC users can't? got ya. And no, it's not like vent because someone has to pay for vent which means not everyone has access to it. For many many events in game real time communication is far better than anything windower can provide. As for the manta.. he's botted to death on Bahamut, I still fish for it but it usually takes me 3-4 days of fishing 4-6 hours a time to get a skin, sometimes much longer if it's really busy and I'm desperate for the gil. I'm afraid you'll either have to put up with it or find another way of making gil, SE has done nothing about Pitapita in the couple of years I've been fishing there so I can't see it changing.

I like what you said at the start. If someone is on a console then they at least have a PC they can access for which they can Teamspeak or Vent. So they're not missing out on ***in my eyes.

If you call yourself an experienced fisherman than you can't go complaining about third party apps. I'm not saying I do approve of them, but even if you had the spot to yourself, you'll eventually learn how many of each type of mobs is in there and figure it all out in your head.
By Kahaylie 2010-02-05 11:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm... I keep on reading that it's easy to differentiate between crabs, pugils and mantas. The funny thing is that I've been fishing the manta weekly for more than a year now, and I still don't know how to differentiate between a pugil and a manta.

Differentiating a crab from pugils/mantas is easy:
1. Fight the mob a bit
2. Stop fighting it for a few seconds
3. Look at the stamina bar
If the stamina comes back up by itself (if you fight the mob in the wrong direction, the stamina will always come back up!!), then you have a pugil/manta hooked up. If the stamina doesn't move at all, you're fishing a crab.

I would like to remind everyone that thinks they can to fish it up even if they think it's a pugil, because they might be the reason why the manta won't be fished up for over an hour.

As for differentiating pugils from mantas, I have fished up mantas that I was sure were pugils (very low stamina/stamina regain, rod barely moved around) and pugils that I was sure were mantas.

If you really want to be sure to fish up the manta, use an app. I'm against it and won't use one myself, but at least you won't be making everyone fish for 1+ hour without a manta pop.

Btw, I'm using Comp. Fish Rod and Fly Lure.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2010-02-05 11:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Three simple tips for Angel Skin success:

1) Know your enemy. There are Crabs, Pugils and a Manta in the pond:

- The Crabs always have low Stamina, and the rod rarely moves.
- The Pugils have medium to high Stamina, and tend to fight back a little, sometimes a lot.
- The Manta has a varying Stamina similar to Pugils, but will ALWAYS fight back.

The Stamina of the Manta really can be erratic. I have hooked up Manta before that have the Stamina of a Crab. The Manta always fights back. If you're not sure, fish it up anyway; better to be safe than sorry!

Also, there are five ID's in that pond; Pugil, Pugil, Crab, Crab, Manta. If the two Crabs and two Pugils are already fished, the next !!! is the Manta for certain.

2) Try to camp this Manta when there are a few other people present. The more people there are, the more chance this is fished up, and thus, the more chances you will have at killing it.

3) Persistance. You'll get drops if you keep trying.

Taken from the Angel Skin page of this site.
 Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2010-02-05 11:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a little trick that is not mentioned in that post. At least the trick works with me having 100 fishing skill and Lushangs fishing rod.

No, I will not share it.
 Ramuh.Lucried
user: Lucried
By Ramuh.Lucried 2010-02-05 12:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Aurilius said:
There is a little trick that is not mentioned in that post. At least the trick works with me having 100 fishing skill and Lushangs fishing rod.

No, I will not share it.

i call your bluff good sir.

at any rate having done this for a time myself, after a bit you do get a decent feel for whats on the line. ultimatly this ended up having to much comp vs reward/time spent. so ill recomend alky over this and hell both have pretty much the same droprates heh. i find alky at least on my server to be far less camped/crowded than DM. just my 2 cents
First Page 2