Double Synthsis Skill Campaign: Post Your Results.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Double Synthsis Skill Campaign: Post your results.
Double Synthsis Skill Campaign: Post your results.
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bismarck.Hayleywilliams
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Hayleywilliams 2014-09-06 17:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Can they do this every month?

By FaeQueenCory 2014-09-06 17:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

From 0 goldsmithing to 30 in 0nly ~1hr.... Thinking about just going for gold and going to 50....
This is crazy.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2014-09-06 17:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm bracing for a response of "The Double Synthesis Skill-up Campaign was so popular, we've decided to just make skill-up pages much like the Combat/Magic versions."
[+]
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Grimbattsumaru 2014-09-06 17:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

0 skill ups in 20 minutes for synergy.... Can any1 confirm they dbl as well....
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-06 17:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

14 skill ups in 32 malison medallion synths, also got a debilis medallion out of it.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-06 17:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

figures... they do this while im away from game.. ><
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-06 17:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Took Cooking from 105 to 110. T1 HQed 4 Ojo Riceball in 36 synths, T0 HQed 2 Oceanfin Soups in 22 synths, T0 HQed 2 Salisbury Steaks in 7 synths. I don't even know what is happening, I wish I was doing hexed gear instead of cooking.
By Zubis 2014-09-06 18:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Took Goldsmithing, Smithing and Cooking from 60 to 70, and Synergy from 75 to 80. Even with the bonus, Synergy took the longest (for half the levels!).
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-09-06 18:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Grimbattsumaru said: »
0 skill ups in 20 minutes for synergy.... Can any1 confirm they dbl as well....

Can definitely confirm synergy double rate, on a mule, it's going up at least .1 every 3 feeds. Synergy is just extremely slow post 70.

Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-06 18:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This is amazing lol
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-06 18:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just internally whinging that my skill ups had gone away, then I realised I'd capped at 40 and not done the rank up item.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-06 19:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nooo, I'm stuck 100 cloth... I hate GP 0/20,000
 Bismarck.Stanislav
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2014-09-06 19:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Nooo, I'm stuck 100 cloth... I hate GP 0/20,000

That blows.. LS friend was like 80GP short on getting KI lol...
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-06 19:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of me is hoping that SE is using today as a test-bed on whether they should permanently boost synthesis skill up rate.

Delusional I know.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-09-06 20:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Easy enough to find crafters, you just have to offer enough to make it worth our time.

I'd actually prefer they DIDN'T do these, as it minimalizes the legit work I put into my crafting. But can't be upset about it, they do it to everything.

Same kind of legit work that you put into farming job points?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-06 21:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Zing!
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-09-06 21:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Easy enough to find crafters, you just have to offer enough to make it worth our time.

I'd actually prefer they DIDN'T do these, as it minimalizes the legit work I put into my crafting. But can't be upset about it, they do it to everything.

Same kind of legit work that you put into farming job points?

Nope, actual legit, I can justify doing jp the way I am, as they hold no actual value and I'm 100% capped on merits, so it's a waste to farm them specifically. If something dies 2 seconds faster due to 1% SA damage, doesn't change anything. Not that anyone cares, but I play totally legit when it comes to value. I might run a little fast, and gain jp a little excessively... but thats all. I don't even use gearswap nor spellcast.

I may be "a bad guy" but there are people WAY worse than me, so I'm ok with it~

Let's not derail, there's nothing you can say that I/everyone doesn't already know, pointless.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-06 21:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

"I play completely legit except for botting and flee hacking"

At least most of us who use tools don't have to use ridiculous qualifiers to make it sounds better.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-06 21:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait what, movement speed hacks and botting are somehow more legit than gearswap and spellcast?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-06 21:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Wait what, movement speed hacks and botting are somehow more legit than gearswap and spellcast?

Apparently, some people use all of them and that makes it more legit to only use some.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-06 21:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The story of the game, I mean ***, I don't bust on abyssea burned or astral flow burned summoners for being 99 and a lot of them are probably better at it and better geared than mine and I did it the old fashioned (really shitty) way.

People just need to get over themselves.

edit: merely using this site is against ToS, so nobody is "better" than anyone else in that regard, but I would argue that using tools that are blatantly cheating are a bit overboard, like speed hacking and botting.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Xerus
Server: Valefor
user: Xerus
By Valefor.Xerus 2014-09-06 22:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
I'm bracing for a response of "The Double Synthesis Skill-up Campaign was so popular, we've decided to just make skill-up pages much like the Combat/Magic versions."
I would take it. It won't happen since they already gave us the skill up boxes at guild vendors, I think. Don't have the time most days to be able to put into crafting that could be spent doing something else.

There would be the whole backlash of everyone who capped out normally, of course.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-06 22:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I kind of like it, I've seen more people online today than I have in months. The economy is going crazy because people are buying/selling in such large amounts. As someone that has done tons of legit crafting, I know that crafting is past its prime and breathing any level of life into this game is cool in my book.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-06 22:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
I kind of like it, I've seen more people online today than I have in months. The economy is going crazy because people are buying/selling in such large amounts. As someone that has done tons of legit crafting, I know that crafting is past its prime and breathing any level of life into this game is cool in my book.

It's pretty awesome to get a new rush of older skill-up synths on the market, actually. Anyone who has leveled a job in small parties or solo recently would agree there is a huge lack of lower level gear and items. I tried to gear a few jobs for BCNM's a while back and had to wait almost 2 weeks to find what should be very common items.
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-06 22:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Competing with others in Sky at 9 in the morning because of all the things I stock piled, crystals were the one thing I didn't think about, and paying a small fortune during these last few hours because I couldn't stockpile enough in the past week was definitely kind of fun.

And thought it was cool to think about how much money was exchanged over the AH today, as well as seeing how crowded the guilds were.

Finished 104 GS on mule so I can start making my own rings, and hoping to be able to finish CC to 109 before it ends(assuming I can make all the mats quickly enough) since Shawl+Macroon+Ionis makes the whole process pretty easy mode.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2014-09-06 23:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

how my experience felt trying to buy crystals earlier today

[+]
By Heimdel 2014-09-07 00:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Took smithing from 11 to 31 using kit from login and took cooking to 110.
 Ragnarok.Evalyn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Evalyn 2014-09-07 00:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I leveled my goldsmithing from level 7 to 50 today. I would have gone further, but some things factored in. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but with real life, the very little game time I have is given to my linkshell, leaving close to no time for crafting.

Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-09-07 00:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

They'll probably raise synthesis cap when they raise ilvl. Crafting can goto 160 according to the .dats. There's even ranks for those levels too. Expert > Authority > Luminary > Master > Grandmaster > Legend, capping at 160.