Current State Of Soloing?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Current state of soloing?
Current state of soloing?
By Firebrandt 2014-08-22 08:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, I just came back from a 6 year break and everything is so different. BLM was my third job and is currently sitting at Level 66. When I wasn't manaburning, I was soloing pets, but now I'm unsure of which direction to go to level.

Is soloing still decent XP? Are there any worthwhile camps to search out now? I'd like to casually get some leveling in if I can't get into an Abysses party.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-22 08:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Firebrandt said: »
Is soloing still decent XP? Are there any worthwhile camps to search out now? I'd like to casually get some leveling in if I can't get into an Abysses party.
Soloing is the only way to get exp outside of leeching Abyssea.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Firebrandt 2014-08-22 21:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually am getting very familiar with them as I level up Scholar, Dancer, and Black Knight!

Is there an area worth settling down at with a Valor and book burning?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-08-22 21:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Firebrandt said: »
Is there an area worth settling down at with a Valor and book burning?
You'll probably want to consider an area with a good range of enemies, and see how well you perform based on monster types you wanna fight and safe camps.

I was doing this for a little while when I first started playing again (before trusts and eminence), and I found Sea Serpent Grotto to be pretty nice for the late 30's to 75. The area mostly consists of fat bats, crabs, and sahagins, which are pretty gentle for WS's, and sahagin jobs are WHM, BRD, MNK, and DRG. However, it's regularly water weather, so if you're in the gold beastcoin door area, you'll need to be cautious of elementals. Also good is you can get there easily from Norg, so it's never much of a hike.