Link | Quote | Reply

fixed
 Shiva.Saadya
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user:
By Shiva.Saadya 2009-08-07 13:05:33
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I just read it, and i'm exicited about this one, just the races... thought they would add more variety...
 Shiva.Saadya
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Saadya 2009-08-07 13:06:16
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

thanks buddy =)
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-07 13:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some ingame screenshots if you go to the Intro section of that site. Strangely it doesn't look that much more different than FFXI's graphics a little more details but nothing groundbreaking.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-08-07 15:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i wanna know the fee
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-07 16:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

F2P was mentioned in the interviews

PSQ: Has anyone ever found a "free" mmo that's even worth playing? >.>
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-07 16:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooh... Light and Dark Miqo'te.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-07 16:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:

PSQ: Has anyone ever found a "free" mmo that's even worth playing? >.>

F2P are horrible.
Its free to play...but costs 50+$ a month to keep up with most people.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-07 16:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pfft. I've played 2 F2P. I enjoyed both and didn't spend a dime on them. I'd imagine that ~90% of players can enjoy a F2P and not pay anything to 'keep up'.
 Pandemonium.Krebons
Server: Pandemonium
user: Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-08-07 16:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

im quite content with 11, enjoy 14
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-07 16:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Krebons said:
And people say I'm a troll... :P
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-07 16:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty content with XI as well, i'll admit XIV looks interesting and new.

...It still disturbs me there are only four classes (until the add more or whatever) as well as they renamed all of the races.

When i saw the "City-States" i couldn't help notice one looked similar to Jeuno and one to Windurst.

It's nifty and could be fun but i'm just frustrated at the lack of originality with this one so far.

I'll probably try it, but from looks/system alone i can say I'm not overly impressed at this time.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-07 17:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Screenshots have a distinct Vana'diel +1 flavor to them... so do the races. I was hoping for a little more originality, but in all likelihood I'll be picking up a Hyur (Hume) again. I'm even less inclined to try a Taru with FFXIV.

The job and quest system will definitely make or break this for me. Depending on the actual jobs presented I might jump straight into this or say screw it and stick around in Vana'diel. The lack of originality is discouraging, though.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Server: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-08-07 17:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

again like in the other FFXIV update thread, i direct you here

there are no jobs perse in the armory system, the 4 job skills and then several specific classes under each skill.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-08-07 17:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand why they wrote "Hyur" when the Japanese site says Hyuran in both English and Japanese.

Edit: Hyur is a terrible name.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-07 18:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dracondria said:
I don't understand why they wrote "Hyur" when the Japanese site says Hyuran in both English and Japanese.

Edit: Hyur is a terrible name.

HYURRRRRRRR

User submitted image

User submitted image
 Caitsith.Ryder
Server: Caitsith
user: ryder75
By Caitsith.Ryder 2009-08-07 18:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cardinalgate said:
i wanna know the fee

Me too, I'm guessing double the price.

Clinpachi said:

...It still disturbs me there are only four classes (until the add more or whatever) as well as they renamed all of the races.

same here.. why mess with the name right? Are chocobos going to be name differently as well?
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-07 18:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:
 Ifrit.Showmo
Server: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2009-08-07 19:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So either I'm reading this wrong or SE is limiting us to specialize in 1 class per char under the "Disciplines"... unless you want to even out your Disciplines in all classes but won't that gimp you in the long run? (EX: RDM's melee skill doesn't compare to WAR/SAM/ETC "specialized" A+ skill. Or RDM's Elemental Skill doesn't compare to BLM's A+ Elemental Skill & IV spells.)

Which means it'll be like WoW where you have to create multiple characters to play different jobs/classes -.-
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-08-07 19:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Showmo said:
So either I'm reading this wrong or SE is limiting us to specialize in 1 class per char under the "Disciplines"... unless you want to even out your Disciplines in all classes but won't that gimp you in the long run? (EX: RDM's melee skill doesn't compare to WAR/SAM/ETC "specialized" A+ skill. Or RDM's Elemental Skill doesn't compare to BLM's A+ Elemental Skill & IV spells.)

Which means it'll be like WoW where you have to create multiple characters to play different jobs/classes -.-

Or you might choose to specialize in a class after a while and the others get gimped.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-07 19:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Which still sucks for those of us who want to play multiple jobs. I'm wondering how BLU would fit into this given that its very nature depends on your sub and set spells.

I foresee players making additional characters to take advantage of the non-combat disciplines a la crafting mules.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-08-07 19:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Which still sucks for those of us who want to play multiple jobs. I'm wondering how BLU would fit into this given that its very nature depends on your sub and set spells.

I foresee players making additional characters to take advantage of the non-combat disciplines a la crafting mules.

They'll probably add more jobs after the beta or let you max out a couple of them, if not all.
 Hades.Rictor
Server: Hades
user: Spoon
By Hades.Rictor 2009-08-07 19:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was just checking out the SE site for this game and it looks like the armor establishes hybrid jobs. eg as your weapon or armor skill (shield, evasion, parrying) rise, you get access to new weapons and armor. From there, each new piece of armor will give you access to different job abilities and traits, such as hands that give your provoke, coupled with a helm that gives you cure III. In that way, the job system is uber simple: caster, melee, crafter, fisherman/harvester/miner, but you can tweak them in a complex manner so as to be a pld/nin/mnk or something like that. I think it sounds pretty exciting.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-07 19:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You change weapon you change your class thats what I got from reading the armory system(then clicked armory xD) on the website.

so yeah don't think you need to have a diff toon to play a diff job.

I'll be happy with not having sub jobs...damn grind in lvl'ing those in XI anyways
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-08-07 21:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
You change weapon you change your class thats what I got from reading the armory system(then clicked armory xD) on the website.

so yeah don't think you need to have a diff toon to play a diff job.

I'll be happy with not having sub jobs...damn grind in lvl'ing those in XI anyways

Yeah because with multiple exp rings, FoV and PLs it's such a pain in the *** to level a sub?
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-07 22:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

haha, FFXIV uses "malms" instead of "yalms" xD

The city-state art looks freaking amazing. Limsa Lominsa looks beautiful, but I think I'm partial to Ul'dah. Hopefully that's elf-ville. :B
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-07 22:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:

Mentioned, but not confirmed.

Boundsoul said:
again like in the other FFXIV update thread, i direct you here

This tells us nothing that the official site doesn't, it's more or less just some game reviewers take on the info on the site.

Krebons said:

Will do! Will be even more enjoyable with all the trolling idiots staying behind on FFXI!

Nightfyre said:

I'm a little worried about this myself, it's not confirmed yet whether it will be possible to max out more than one job. Also it's hard to say at this point whether each individual job under each class will have it's own sort of caps, perhaps you can only cap one job from each class etc. I'll pissed if I have to make a crafting mule because I'm forced to decide between having a "75" job or a "100" craft.

Rictor said:
So I was just checking out the SE site for this game and it looks like the armor establishes hybrid jobs. eg as your weapon or armor skill (shield, evasion, parrying) rise, you get access to new weapons and armor. From there, each new piece of armor will give you access to different job abilities and traits, such as hands that give your provoke, coupled with a helm that gives you cure III. In that way, the job system is uber simple: caster, melee, crafter, fisherman/harvester/miner, but you can tweak them in a complex manner so as to be a pld/nin/mnk or something like that. I think it sounds pretty exciting.

Well changing jobs is done by changing weapons, but there are references to changing "whole gear sets" at a time, so not sure what effect that will have, aside from not needing windower macros...

Nightfyre said:
Screenshots have a distinct Vana'diel +1 flavor to them... so do the races. I was hoping for a little more originality, but in all likelihood I'll be picking up a Hyur (Hume) again. I'm even less inclined to try a Taru with FFXIV.

Well there's this:
User submitted image
vs this:
User submitted image
vs lol:
User submitted image

I know which one I'd rather be playing.

Overall, there are a lot of things that I'd still like to see how they will work, but I'm hyped and will be playing this asap regardless O_O
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-07 22:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:

I know which one I'd rather be playing.

The 3rd one right ? It looks awesome !

Blazza said:

Will do! Will be even more enjoyable with all the trolling idiots staying behind on FFXI!

I'd rather have idiots on FF XIV :d Just like in all society, if you wanna be on top, you need people at bottom :p These millions of gils you'll have in your inventory will have to be farmed by someone :]]
 Odin.Avian
Server: Odin
user: Avian
By Odin.Avian 2009-08-07 22:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I take it this game will not be on 360 just PS3?...
First Page 2 3 4