Returning Player... Kind Of Lost Here.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Returning Player... Kind of lost here.
Returning Player... Kind of lost here.
 Lakshmi.Tijet
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Tijet
By Lakshmi.Tijet 2014-07-06 20:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I just bought the Ultimate Collection Seeker's Edition and reactivated last night. I more or less quit after Abyssea was released, although I did reactivate here and there and I was able to tag along with friends to acquire some AF3+1 and AF3+2 equipment, but that's it. So, basically, I've got a couple of pieces of Creed+2 gear but other than that, all I have is Homam and other Lv75 gear from the pre-Abyssea era. I'm not exactly sure what to do. I've been told by a few people that my PLD has little value unless I get an Ochain or Aegis (or both).

I knew that getting one or the other would be a priority, but with my gear being so outdated, I'm not sure where to begin to be able to gear myself well enough to hold my own.

Any help would be appreciated!
By Pantafernando 2014-07-06 21:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You will need a farm job to farm your souls/plates/horn/currency.

Sugest THF/DNC or MNK/DNC can deal with ochain farming, and aegis will depend a lot of your patience, by farming everyday dynamis.

For gear, its mostly AF1 and AF2 upgraded. The upgrading process is pretty simple, and even 109 will result a decent PLD, provided you have the abovementioned shields.

You can do well with current shields, though, but it will be hard to convince people to let you join tbh:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/28648/priwen

Is what you should aim to play PLD till you get the other shields.
 Lakshmi.Tijet
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Tijet
By Lakshmi.Tijet 2014-07-06 21:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

All right. I guess I'll be leveling THF or MNK and start the grind. Thanks for the advice!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.