Dyna/salvage?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Dyna/salvage?
Dyna/salvage?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-06-11 22:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming dnc/thf would be a good choice for dyna and salvage solo as a gil source.

Basically wondering what I'll want as a starter set to get back into the swing of things (Haven't played in like a year); and what I should be aiming for ultimately.

Any suggestions for TP sets for these things?

If it helps, I have some of these things available

Wep: Izhiikoh, Aphotic Kukri
Head: Thurandaut, Whirlpool
Neck: Charis, Asperity, Spike Necklace
Ears: Suppa/Brutal
Body: Charis, Qaaxo (Rank 9, path b; probably 15 by the end of the week),
Hands: Espial Bracers
Rings: Rajas/Epona's
Back: Atheling
Legs: Manibozho (rank 15), Thaumas
Feet: Charis+2, Manibozho (Rank 15), Qaaxo (currently base, but going to rank 15 B path)

any basic recommendations for WS set as well?

Will be using exclusively for dyna/salvage.

For those of you who do either or both of these, which zones do you find to be best and general strat for tackling on dnc?
 Siren.Kenesu
Server: Siren
user: iKhaos
By Siren.Kenesu 2014-06-11 23:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

From looking at your jobs you have, Dnc/thf would be best. Now days it's not the dmg or how fast you kill, It's how lucky the procs come. Not sure which zone is best anymore. Hadn't farmed in a long time. Think most people are farming skirm's or alex.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-06-11 23:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do any Dreamlands zone on DNC/THF. Remember that you need more mobs to get the same amount of currency as THF/DNC, so just go wherever there is the least competition.

Salvage2, just do the standard AR2 farming run, should take less than an hour. 119 gear is a help on gear floor and megaboss for the extra defense, magic defense, and evasion, can of course just macro it in when you feel threatened. Also, save TP and self-SC on chariot to kill safely in under 3 minutes. Oh, and there are scrolls of Instant Shell in Adoulin that can be nice against Fulmination.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-06-11 23:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Weapon #2: Sabebus (Delve 2 purchase) when you get it unlocked and have spare plasm
Head: Felistris Mask when you get it (saw it on your to-get list in another thread)
Earrings: Dudgeon/Heartseeker set
Waist: Patentia
Legs: Kaabnax (bee WKR)

That's 23% haste, plus DW on body (Charis) and waist (Patentia). If you can get 5% haste hands/feet, that's even better; generally iLvl 119 stuff. Alternatively, Cetl Belt with Whirlpool head and Manibozho legs if you don't want to dump a bunch of money into it.

Nothing particularly surprising for weaponskill sets. Whirlpool, Qaaxo body (A path; for B path, it's about the same as Manibozho), Manibozho legs (or good agi legs for Exenterator), and any solid agi piece for feet and hands for Exenterator, or dex pieces for Dancing Edge. Dex is easier to get on hands, Agi is easier to get on feet, so a bit of a wash either way.

Any of Dancing Edge, Exenterator and Evisceration are fine for weaponskills. Can unlock Rudra's Storm if you like (does Darkness with Evisceration, same as Pyrhhic Kleos), though it's more of a thf weaponskill.

For Salvage, Arrapago is the best option. Clear all gears on the fifth floor (7 triples popped per rampart), and all the chariots (including side rooms) on the sixth floor, and you should be able to average somewhere around 120 alex per run (~50 singles and ~70 from the pouch), not counting the rare chance at a second linen pouch.

Generally don't waste time with single gears, since their drop rate is pitiful. Can kill them if you want a handful more. If you're feeling ambitious, you can kill the NMs on the way up for a small chance at extra cotton pouches.

For Dynamis, Valkurm and Qufim are the easiest if you go for DCs, and Buburimu is workable (though not great) with EPs. However with higher player power, any competition at all even on DCs will significantly drop your take. Still, even a pitiful 300 coin run is pretty decent compared to older days. 400 should be easy, and maybe push 500 on a perfect day. Can go a fair bit higher if you dual-box.

As comparison, I managed 150 coins in Qufim farming nothing but DC orcs for a magian trial on blu (so: weak on JA procs, only a few JA mobs, and otherwise dependent on WS or lucky magic procs). That's the "didn't even try" level.

Strategy is basically the same as before, except that you kill so much faster now it's more useful to push through mobs rather than hold til you proc (though if you have multiple mobs on you, you can still cycle through them a bit).

Don't expect to do much RF+Skillchain. Most mobs (aside from boss mobs in Salvage) won't last long enough for that to be useful, and in Dynamis you'll be burning FMs for proc attempts (Wild Flourish and Violent Flourish).
By Wordspoken 2014-06-12 04:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people prefer to lock sub for white !! for dynamis, I don't know if its better than /thf, seems to be a preference thing (I go /thf but that's more of being used to it).
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-06-12 05:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
Some people prefer to lock sub for white !! for dynamis, I don't know if its better than /thf, seems to be a preference thing (I go /thf but that's more of being used to it).
Pretty sure in the long run, /thf will always be better than the occasional white proc 100 piece.