Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 974 975 976 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-25 13:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Would you abort Hitler?

#proaryanlife

edit: epic way to page
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 13:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I was born from a planned pregnancy, from parents who were in their 30s. You do see how this is different from two 16 year olds diddling around and creating a baby right? Or a single mom stuck with a lovechild from Sammy McDeadbeat. Or a rape baby. Or a one night stand.
Um, good for you?

Are you saying that your life is more valuable than those who you described as worthy of being aborted? You know, from "two 16 year olds diddling around and creating a baby right? Or a single mom stuck with a lovechild from Sammy McDeadbeat....Or a one night stand."

Because that's how you are portraying yourself right now...

It's about the reality of children being born to parents not up to wanting children. And for those people, abortion should be an option. Because you don't *** phone in being a parent. And no child should be born to people who don't love them - it's an emotional dead sentence.
Fine, that's what "free" contraceptives are for. But abortions shouldn't be a choice for those who made the wrong choice in their lives. I know the mother is usually the one who suffers the most, but there are deadbeat mothers out there too, where the father is the one taking care of the child(ren).

Or are you saying that neither parent loves their child(ren) because you say so?

You can be relatively poor and raise a child but that comes with having the job and desire to *want* a child. Make the sacrifices. Instill the basic fundamentals. To do your job.

So yeah, I'm more about quality than quantity. I've seen enough oops babies running around with parents who don't care, doomed to be thrown into the meatgrinder of your local prison, insane asylum or other 'storage' facility to know that some people should just abort.
I have seen more people who actually change their lives around because of the child(ren). I'm sorry your area is so shitty, but that doesn't mean that everywhere is the same way.

But hey, might as well kill them all because you don't like it, right?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-09-25 13:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
This is what a world without abortion would look like.

Yeah the only reason I am here is because abortion wasn't legal in 1968...

so just let that seep in for a little while.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 13:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
So, it's preferable to snuff out life in this case?

You should be glad that your parents decided not to snuff out your life because there may be a chance that you would have grown up poor.

I did grow up poor, with a single mother no less. Guess what, my existence doesn't validate the lunacy behind the religious anti-abortion arguments.
Except it's not the "lunacy behind the religious anti-abortion arguments" that you should have been worried about.

See, it's the pro-abortion argument that would have put your life in jeopardy. Because, Sparth just said:

Where children are routinely sired by deadbeats, drug addicts and other ne'er do wells who will most certainly throw a child to the dogs because they're worried about themselves.

Please, have a seat and let someone who grew up in shitty neighborhood tell you what it is to live underneath the plate, to borrow some FFVII terminology.
That is his argument for abortions, if I'm reading him right.

I was fortunate enough to have a family who wanted me, but that isn't a given. And no amount of narcissism would make your argument even remotely compelling.
And according to Sparth, you are one of the lucky few then. Because, according to him, most single parents don't love their children enough to keep them alive, and you should be damn lucky you weren't destined to be, as he puts it, "doomed to be thrown into the meatgrinder of your local prison, insane asylum or other 'storage' facility to know that some people should just abort." Because it's so easy, according to him, to know how exactly the child is going to grow up in any situation.

And you just happened to beat all odds set against you, huh?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-25 13:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

How many more irrelevant rhetorical questions are we going to get just on this page?

And is this one too??
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-25 13:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Yeah but that doesn't happen unless you also chose to irresponsibly have 5 children. Where can I find data on how many people live in community housing that also work two jobs?

It is a myth. But yes, let's call us all a nation of serfs because of these few rare idiots.

Blame people for having multiple children, but abortion and contraceptive is against their faith.

This is moronic. Yes the solution for you is to murder the child because they won't be wealthy in childhood. If you are living in government housing as Jassik said and you have 5 children yes it is your fault you are poor.

Murder the child? LMAO...

It makes much more sense to punish the child for existing by forcing them to be born into poverty to parents who don't want them.

Oh yay, back to abortion. Look, I see a lot of stupid arguments on both sides of this issue, but this is one of them. "If they're not aborted they might grow up poor!" Go to a really crappy neighborhood and ask how many people are glad that their parents did not abort them. If you want to focus on women's rights, fine. Anything else is just a sad justification of the abortion practice.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-25 13:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

And according to Sparth, you are one of the lucky few then. Because, according to him, most single parents don't love their children enough to keep them alive, and you should be damn lucky you weren't destined to be, as he puts it, "doomed to be thrown into the meatgrinder of your local prison, insane asylum or other 'storage' facility to know that some people should just abort." Because it's so easy, according to him, to know how exactly the child is going to grow up in any situation.

This argument is so full of holes. Seriously, if you're going to use a canned argument, at least do it right.

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Oh yay, back to abortion. Look, I see a lot of stupid arguments on both sides of this issue, but this is one of them. "If they're not aborted they might grow up poor!" Go to a really crappy neighborhood and ask how many people are glad that their parents did not abort them. If you want to focus on women's rights, fine. Anything else is just a sad justification of the abortion practice.

My stance has nothing to do with those arguments. My stance is that it's not the government's place to pick and choose which safe and voluntary medical procedures people can have, even moreso when not having it can completely destroy more than 2 lives.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 13:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

For a man of numbers, you seem to ignore the statistics on single parent households and on chronic poverty and where it comes from.

Again, you can be poor and raise wonderful children. The resourcefulness of people is a magical thing but that assumes you WANT children. It'll frame your whole mindset of dealing/raising them. If you don't WANT children, please don't have them.

You merely set that child up for a lifetime of sorrow/pain/betrayal all to satisfy your selfish desire for that child to be 'born'. Your political leanings would leave this child for the dogs once they pass the vaginal canal anyway.
By Jetackuu 2015-09-25 13:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
How many more irrelevant rhetorical questions are we going to get just on this page?

And is this one too??

Why no comma?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 13:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

>>Hates gov't regulation
>>Wants gov't to regulate womens personal life decisions.

Because what I want some old guys doing is regulating sex. Something they haven't had (without paying) for the last 2-3 decades.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-25 13:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

And is this one too??

Why no comma?
Why all the posts? Why all the english? Why everything?!
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-25 13:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My stance has nothing to do with those arguments. My stance is that it's not the government's place to pick and choose which safe and voluntary medical procedures people can have, even moreso when not having it can completely destroy more than 2 lives.

"Completely destroy"? You just contradicted yourself. The only way to completely destroy life is to literally end it, which abortion does. Your hyperbole is ruining your argument. It makes it sound like you envision a world where being poor and/or having to give birth to unwanted children that you can put up for adoption anyway is a fate worse than death. It's a wonder not everyone in the Congo has committed suicide, huh?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-09-25 13:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

And is this one too??

Why no comma?
Why all the posts? Why all the english? Why everything?!
Obama, thank him.
By fonewear 2015-09-25 13:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what happens when I"m not online! Abortions for some miniature American flags for others !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-09-25 13:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

adoption
Have you ever been a ward of the state?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-25 13:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
This is what happens when I"m not online! Abortions for some miniature American flags for all !

Abortion-sized flags? I'm not sure if this ad campaign is going to go well.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 13:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

This argument is so full of holes. Seriously, if you're going to use a canned argument, at least do it right.
Why not show some of those holes then? And this is not a canned argument. But I know you have no other retort to use, so I won't be disappointed if you never respond to this part.

For a man of numbers, you seem to ignore the statistics on single parent households and on chronic poverty and where it comes from.

Again, you can be poor and raise wonderful children. The resourcefulness of people is a magical thing but that assumes you WANT children. It'll frame your whole mindset of dealing/raising them. If you don't WANT children, please don't have them.

You merely set that child up for a lifetime of sorrow/pain/betrayal all to satisfy your selfish desire for that child to be 'born'. Your political leanings would leave this child for the dogs once they pass the vaginal canal anyway.
Yes, if you are going to teach your kids how to scam the system and not to achieve in life, of course your kids are going to stay in the exact same location they were born in.

But yes, if you don't want children, don't have them. Make sure to use protection to prevent said children from occurring, but if you choose to ignore said protection, why should you kill the kid because you made the wrong choice?

But hey, if my "political leanings" were to give the kid a chance to live and succeed, at least it's better than killing the kid before he had a chance. And since you believe that every single kid out there born in poor conditions will always suffer a lifetime of "sorrow/pain/betrayal" because they were born from 2 people either not prepared or too stupid to use a condom/birth control, what are you going to say about those who actually, you know, succeeded in life from those who you deemed to suffer?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 13:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The adoption / foster care system is beyond *** up and pro-lifers have no horses in that race except as a means to say ABORTIONS ARE EVIL. Not once has anyone made it a national issue to reform it.

Also:

>>Thinks gov't can't run anything right.
>>Wants gov't to take care of finding homes for children.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-09-25 13:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They say pro life people don't care about women and they are correct...but not because of abortions because of constant nagging !
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-25 13:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

adoption

No, but I've known people who were. Doesn't change my argument anyway.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-09-25 13:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

adoption

Going to have to agree to disagree on that part then.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-25 13:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The adoption / foster care system is beyond *** up and pro-lifers have no horses in that race except as a means to say ABORTIONS ARE EVIL. Not once has anyone made it a national issue to reform it.

Also:

A. Holy crap does it need reforming. You won't find me disagreeing on that.
B. Trusting the government to take care of finding homes for children vs. not letting said children exist in the first place. You're making the lesser of two evils argument too easy here.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 13:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Also:

If that's what you got from that, you are flailing.

Who said I wanted the government to take the child(ren) away from the parents? Unless there is outright abuse going on towards the child(ren), the government's role in parenting should be minimal at best.

But hey, does that mean that you want the government to take the children away from every single poor parent out there who doesn't conform to your standards of care, because they cannot "love" their children as much as those who made better choices in their lives?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-25 13:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

adoption

Being a ward of the state is a fate worse than death? Yeah, why don't you poll those people on that and get back to me....
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-09-25 13:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

adoption

Being a ward of the state is a fate worse than death? Yeah, why don't you poll those people on that and get back to me....

Considering it's not possible as most of the persons I know are already dead, yeah...

Like I said: agree to disagree.
By fonewear 2015-09-25 13:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

We should bring back farm slavery that would solve the abortion problem. Just take all those unwanted kids make them work on a farm !
By Jetackuu 2015-09-25 13:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You're making the lesser of two evils argument too easy here.

Again, don't agree.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 13:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
We should bring back farm slavery that would solve the abortion problem. Just take all those unwanted kids make them work on a farm !
They would just run away though.
First Page 2 3 ... 974 975 976 ... 1375 1376 1377