Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 970 971 972 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 09:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny you mention pesky gov't when Volkswagen was caught cheating on their emissions exams which directly duped customers into buying diesel cars that weren't as efficient as advertised.

DAMN YOU GOVERNMENT, YOU MADE VOLKSWAGEN DO THIS.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-25 09:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
plumbers

while I'd LOVE to be proven wrong, I kind of doubt there are any plumbers in congress.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-25 09:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
People don't have a clue how to live within their means, or simply aren't willing to. That's the #1 problem regardless of how much money you make.

It doesn't help that we live in a market-driven society that constantly pushes you to this.

Drove past a Verizon store today with a line of like 50 affluent white girls outside the door waiting to buy (I assume?) their new iPhones.

How *** unnecessary. And I promise you that while I'm sure some of them do earn their own cash and are paying out of pocket, equally as many are spending daddy's money (bio or sugar), or puttin' it on the ol' Discover.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-25 09:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
plumbers

while I'd LOVE to be proven wrong, I kind of doubt there are any plumbers in congress.

Mario 2016!
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-09-25 09:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone say what topic Congress actually gets right?

Pissing everyone off?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-25 09:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

plumbers

Mario 2016!

Native-born onry prz.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-25 10:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »
Can anyone say what topic Congress actually gets right?

Pissing everyone off?

My guess? Sexually harassing interns and pages.

Which reminds me, I knew a few girls who were congressional pages in high school. My wife was going to be one, actually, but then she got involved in some other things that took precedent.

I should ask those girls what kind of impropriety was directed at them.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-25 10:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Funny you mention pesky gov't when Volkswagen was caught cheating on their emissions exams which directly duped customers into buying diesel cars that weren't as efficient as advertised.

Oh no! Not more emmissions! You can be sure that if I ever get cancer in the future I'll claim to be a victim of Volkswagen's toxic cheating!

(Who cares!)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 10:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
OK I remember the whining now. We are all poor if we aren't millionaires.

lol, nah I'm with you conservatives on that one, I think the market will set the price, for the most part. Plus I was all pissed off earlier this week trying to figure out if there is a middle class anymore, & found out I was a touch above the median income for the US, so no bitching for me, I guess. just should've had less kids.

Median income is 50k but of course thats meaningless without knowing where a person lives...

and the personal decisions that they have made that made their lives more expensive

People don't have a clue how to live within their means, or simply aren't willing to. That's the #1 problem regardless of how much money you make.
Amen!

I could probably live comfortably with only 32k per year, I really don't spend THAT much money. I save/invest way more than I spend on necessities per year.
[+]
 Valefor.Angeluzun
Server: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2015-09-25 10:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't logged into ffxiah in years and certainly not into P&R but what the actual heck? Why do some people here come off so angry in every single post they make?
By Jetackuu 2015-09-25 10:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no entrepreneur spirit. Everyone wants to work for a Corporation and the few people that want to make it on their own and start their own business find it extremely difficult due to the regulations that the government has set up, under the guise of protecting consumers.

People keep spouting this nonsense, got an example?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 10:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

It doesn't help that we live in a market-driven society that constantly pushes you to this.

Drove past a Verizon store today with a line of like 50 affluent white girls outside the door waiting to buy (I assume?) their new iPhones.

How *** unnecessary. And I promise you that while I'm sure some of them do earn their own cash and are paying out of pocket, equally as many are spending daddy's money (bio or sugar), or puttin' it on the ol' Discover.

And yet you need to spend money to make money. And businesses need people spending in order to stay afloat. For all the pro-saving talk, a mom and pop is dead without people you know... buying ***on the regular. Corporations can weather storms, your local dinner cannot.

It's more about what you spend money on. Not on *** like iPhones of course but through improvements to person or property in order to obtain new opportunities. Be that investments in finances, commodities, property, personal goods or whatever. In capitalist society sitting idly on your money isn't exactly how you 'win'.

Further, the poorer you are, the more expensive it is to live. Eating garbage all day and being perpetually behind on bills only defers the costs down the road through medical treatment or financial ruination. The old saying that being poor costs alot comes to mind.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-25 10:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I could probably live comfortably with only 32k per year, I really don't spend THAT much money. I save/invest way more than I spend on necessities per year.

Take my student loans out of the equation and 32k take home would be more than enough.

...as it stands, not so much. Luckily what I do make is.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 10:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angeluzun said: »
I haven't logged into ffxiah in years and certainly not into P&R but what the actual heck? Why do some people here come off so angry in every single post they make?

*** YOU IM NOT ANGRY. I JUST HAVENT TAKEN MY GOVERNMENT PRESCRIBED MEDICATION.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-25 10:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no self control and everyone feels entitled. Heck, I'm even hearing from people on a regular basis who make six figures and can't pay their bills. Don't cry too much about it, or you'll get water damage in your two 2015 cars.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-09-25 10:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually they do, just our economy doesn't do well when they do.

The cost of living is just too damn high.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-25 10:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do some people here come off so angry in every single post they make?

BECAUSE I AM!!!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 10:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

plumbers

I was using it as an example, but if you are really curious

I don't see farmers/ranchers as a step up or down from plumbers imo, and there were 29 members of Congress who were farmers/ranchers prior.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 10:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Oh no! Not more emmissions! You can be sure that if I ever get cancer in the future I'll claim to be a victim of Volkswagen's toxic cheating!

(Who cares!)

So as a consumer you like being lied to by companies when you're trying to make an informed decision? You know, like the main reason you'd buy a diesel car...
By Ramyrez 2015-09-25 10:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Further, the poorer you are, the more expensive it is to live. Eating garbage all day and being perpetually behind on bills only defers the costs down the road through medical treatment or financial ruination. The old saying that being poor costs alot comes to mind.

Hear, hear.

Even something as simple as buying dry goods in bulk can add up in savings, but when you can't afford to shell out for six months of toilet paper and dry goods at once and keep the lights on, things get kind of lean sometimes.

Let's face it, most of us -- despite our ideologies -- are on pretty even footing and in agreement about a lot of this stuff.

It's just a matter of trying to figure out what we can do about anything that needs changed that keeps us arguing.

Oh, that and abortions.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-25 10:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey now, some of us come off as sarcastic, bitter, condescending, or outright rude.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 10:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Strange, it wasn't the government who actually caught VW either.

You would think that the EPA would be on top of these things, wouldn't you?
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-25 10:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see farmers/ranchers as a step up or down from plumbers imo, and there were 29 members of Congress who were farmers/ranchers prior.

your opinion is ***, and I said nothing about farmers or ranchers.

PROVE ME WRONG OR GTFO!
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-09-25 10:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Even something as simple as buying dry goods in bulk can add up in savings, but when you can't afford to shell out for six months of toilet paper and dry goods at once and keep the lights on, things get kind of lean sometimes.

Just steal toilet paper from the public library like a normal person.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 10:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Because *** you, you pissant!

(satire and sarcastic, just in case you missed it)
By Ramyrez 2015-09-25 10:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no self control and everyone feels entitled. Heck, I'm even hearing from people on a regular basis who make six figures and can't pay their bills. Don't cry too much about it, or you'll get water damage in your two 2015 cars.

See...this is where I start to get upset, really.

Yes, if you work hard enough for six figures, you deserve that. But that sense of entitlement never goes away, it just gets bigger.

Two 2015 cars is not necessary. Your blue collar workers under you though do need their 2007 car to pass inspection so they can keep showing up for work. So maybe pay them enough so they can make that happen, keep the water running and hot, the roof overhead, their bellies full, and maybe be able to afford a gift for the kids and a few beers on Friday.

But somewhere along the line we got away from that and now it's just, "MINE!"

At damn near every *** level.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 10:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »

Just steal toilet paper from the public library like a normal person.

Just steal from Walmart. The employees, security and shoppers don't care. Just rip open a package and feast.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 10:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

your opinion is ***, and I said nothing about farmers or ranchers.

PROVE ME WRONG OR GTFO!
Make me bud!

Besides, I did provide a source.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-25 10:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do some people here come off so angry in every single post they make?

BECAUSE I AM!!!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-25 10:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Make me bud!

I was just hoping I was wrong so I could spend the rest of the day laughing at whatever district elected a plumber.
First Page 2 3 ... 970 971 972 ... 1375 1376 1377