Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 953 954 955 ... 1375 1376 1377

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2015-09-21 19:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's UN peace day let's take a moment to laugh at the idea of the UN actually thinking they are meaningful !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2015-09-21 19:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That's right folks if ISIS tries to behead you just say I'm sorry I"m not a Muslim me brother. I'll convert tomorrow I swear !
By fonewear 2015-09-21 19:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think September 22 is the "annual kill those that don't believe what you believe day" !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-21 19:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
That's right folks if ISIS tries to behead you just say I'm sorry I"m not a Muslim me brother. I'll convert tomorrow I swear !

Lions, tigers, and bears.*

*(If you didn't understand my clear reference, Fone said the word "tomorrow", which is used in a song in the musical "Annie", but "The Wizard of Oz" is another musical, which talks about lions, tigers, and bears.)
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-21 19:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think September 22 is the "annual kill those that don't believe what you believe day" !

Oh, was that tomorrow? Friiiiiick, I haven't even bought an AK yet.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2015-09-21 19:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Straight out of Africa a peace song named Ice Cube! I mean "one"

I ***you not they are called "Coke Studio Africa" brought to you by Coca Cola !
YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2015-09-21 19:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer Pepsi Studio Belgium though !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-21 19:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer Pepsi Studio Belgium though !

Royal Crown Studio Butte, Montana is my favorite.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-09-21 19:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes me think of my favorite Simpsons brought to you by reference:

“And to cool off, nothing beats Fruitopia! The iced tea brewed by hippies but distributed by a heartless, multi-national corporation!”
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-21 19:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

“And to cool off, nothing beats Fruitopia! The iced tea brewed by hippies but distributed by a heartless, multi-national corporation!”

I hate how corporations are destroying America by gouging customers with overpriced junk. All of my friends that are with me at this Starbucks on their Apple devices agree with me.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-21 20:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I hate how corporations are destroying America by gouging customers with overpriced junk. All of my friends that are with me at this Starbucks on their Apple devices agree with me.

I know you're joking, but price gouging is actually a thing. Look at Pharma.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-09-21 20:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Me too, just without the satirical ironic hypocrisy.

But on a personal note: the move to non-repairable tossable junk is a detriment to society imo. Probably why I'm most hesitant on trying to start an electronics company, I most likely wouldn't be able to maintain the competitive crappy design/qc prices and go under. Still tempted to try it later down the road though.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-09-21 20:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

I know you're joking, but price gouging is actually a thing. Look at Healthcare, for-profit education, etc.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-21 20:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

I know you're joking, but price gouging is actually a thing. Look at Healthcare, for-profit education, etc.

I was talking specifically about Daraprim.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-21 21:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Me too, just without the satirical ironic hypocrisy.

But on a personal note: the move to non-repairable tossable junk is a detriment to society imo. Probably why I'm most hesitant on trying to start an electronics company, I most likely wouldn't be able to maintain the competitive crappy design/qc prices and go under. Still tempted to try it later down the road though.
IRL there are several modular phones under development. One even has an option to recycle obsolete batteries into a UPS.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-21 21:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

She's at again....

Plaintiffs Argue Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Is Again Violating Court’s Orders
Plaintiffs in the case say the county clerk altered original marriage forms

WSJ

Quote:
Plaintiffs in a lawsuit against a Kentucky county clerk who refuses to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples filed a motion Monday evening arguing that she is once again violating a federal court’s orders and asking a judge to enforce them.

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, who objects to same-sex marriage on religious grounds, spent five days in jail earlier this month for repeatedly defying U.S. District Judge David Bunning’s order to issue licenses to all qualified couples, gay or straight. The judge then secured a commitment from five of her deputy clerks to issue licenses in her absence. Once he was satisfied that his order was being implemented, he released Ms. Davis from jail on Sept. 8 and instructed her not to interfere with her deputies’ work.

Yet the plaintiffs, represented by the American Civil Liberties Union, argue that is precisely what she has done. When she returned to work last week, she confiscated all the original marriage forms and provided replacements with numerous changes, according to a court filing by one of the deputies, Brian Mason. Among other things, she deleted all mentions of Rowan County, added the documents were issued “Pursuant to Federal Court Order” and replaced her deputy clerk’s official title with “notary public.”

Such actions have “at a minimum, created considerable uncertainty for marriage applicants regarding the legality of their licenses and subsequent marriages,” the ACLU attorneys wrote. “The marriage licenses currently issued by the Rowan County Clerk’s Office are so materially altered that they create a two-tier system of marriage licenses throughout the state.”

The plaintiffs requested that Judge Bunning order the deputy clerks to issue licenses “in the same form and manner” as those provided before Ms. Davis’s release from jail and that they disregard any instructions by her to do otherwise. They asked that the deputy clerks reissue any licenses granted in the past week with the changes Ms. Davis introduced. And they urged the judge to hold her in contempt if she continues to interfere, by imposing fines or placing her office under the control of another entity for the purpose of issuing marriage licenses.

A spokeswoman for Liberty Counsel, the nonprofit law firm representing Ms. Davis, didn’t respond immediately to a request for comment Monday evening. But last week, Horatio Mihet, chief litigation counsel at the firm, said the changes she made were “good-faith measures…to satisfy the plaintiffs and the court.” At the same time, he said she had “grave doubts” about the validity of licenses issued without her authority.

Mr. Mihet also urged the governor or the Legislature to accommodate her religious beliefs, either by changing the state’s marriage documents or modifying the marriage statutes to remove license-issuing duties from county clerks. Gov. Steve Beshear, a Democrat, has said he considers the licenses issued by Ms. Davis’s deputies to be valid and that clerks who don’t feel comfortable performing their job duties should consider resigning.

Mr. Mason, the deputy clerk, is the only one who has been issuing marriage licenses in Rowan County, and has done so cheerfully. In a court document filed last Friday, his attorney, Richard Hughes, said Ms. Davis’s alterations appeared to be “an attempt to circumvent the court’s orders and may have raised to the level of interference against the court’s orders.”

It is now up to Judge Bunning to decide what happens next. He has repeatedly rejected Ms. Davis’s efforts to delay issuing licenses and made clear in her contempt hearing that he wouldn’t tolerate “shenanigans” to avoid implementing his orders.
She's running the game....
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-09-21 21:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

All of the county clerks in the US, this one woman thinks she is special. Send her back to jail.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-21 21:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Scott Walker bailed.

I can only find links to the WaPost and NY times.

I'm tired and both behind paywalls.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-09-21 21:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Really its on every single news website, don't worry tho, I posted it when it first broke. Highly entertaining.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-21 21:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it is Scott Baio's birthday.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-21 22:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I was talking specifically about Daraprim.

You were right about me joking earlier. And the whole thing with Martin Shkreli and Daraprim... holy freaking crap does that guy need to die in a fire. At least most execs try to pretend that they're not complete sleazeballs. This guy doesn't even care. Biotech stocks are dropping, Clinton is already capitalizing on it as a campaign issue... I'd raise the "this guy is a plant" conspiracy theory again, but he has too much of a shady history already.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-21 23:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I found this pretty interesting...
Your text to link here...

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-09-21 23:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure there would be a similar situation in Delaware with Biden.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-22 00:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's odd but not unheard of for a large group of people to support a candidate from the opposing party. The city I grew up in had Democrat mayors for decades until it got so fed up with one of the incumbents that local Democrats launched a campaign backing his Republican opponent.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-22 00:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not uncommon for local elections to swing like that, but on the national stage it's highly unusual.
First Page 2 3 ... 953 954 955 ... 1375 1376 1377