Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 948 949 950 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-21 12:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Hillary's polished politician schtick has been the thorn in her side since the campaign began and her tanking poll numbers indicates that people aren't 'blindly' taking her word for it.
Except that so many people still support her, regardless of her viewpoints (who has heard what she would do for this country, anything and everything from her has been negative) shows that they would support her just because she has a "D" next to her name.

The Obama part is just your personal bias as the entire reason people liked Obama in '08 was that he was charismatic, well spoken and seemed like a generally upstanding dude.
Again, people blindly supporting Obama mainly because:

Oh and he was a black guy.

is not a strong argument to make...

So I'm not sure what you're on about since Hillary has been sliding and the establishment has been forced to tap Sanders as a potential replacement precisely because she can't seem to shake the inauthentic aura that comes with existing in the DC political sphere for too long.
ftfy
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-09-21 12:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I plan on voting for John Kasich... if he can hold on until the ohio primary... (march 15th)

I'm not betting any money that folds he can hold out until then.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-21 12:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
All the candidates are doing is pandering to the masses at the moment
Isn't that the only thing all of them always do?
Actually, most candidates (those worth listening to) actually have plans and budgets along with their campaigns. While some would strictly pander to the masses, most would show what is best for the country (in their viewpoint).

There hasn't been one plan issued from the liberal/democrat side that isn't a straight pandering-to-the-masses viewpoint.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-21 12:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

just because she has a "D" next to her name.
I am sorry, I'm really trying to understand but all I can think of is the D in the names from the legendary people in One Piece.

Is she going to be the pirate queen?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-21 12:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

just because she has a "D" next to her name.
I am sorry, I'm really trying to understand but all I can think of is the D in the names from the legendary people in One Piece.

Is she going to be the pirate queen?
Democrat

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-21 12:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberal outrage of the day. The same crowd that insists an evangelical Christian should never be president because "we're not a theocracy" insists Ben Carson is a bigot for suggesting sharia law isn't compatible with American values.
[+]
By Aelius 2015-09-21 12:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You clearly don't understand how many sheep there are compared to people who actually pay attention to politics. Seeing how you don't understand that, you won't understand this statement. Feel free to pick at it.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-21 12:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Aelius said: »

You clearly don't understand how many sheep there are compared to people who actually pay attention to politics. Seeing how you don't understand that, you won't understand this statement. Feel free to pick at it.
No, I completely understand your statement. However, what you just said did not counter mine because I just stated that people voted for Obama because he was black.....
By Aelius 2015-09-21 12:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Evangelical Christian =/= Christian

Uh... The only difference is the flavor of lifestyle. They are essentially the same religion reading out of the same exact book.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-09-21 12:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Liberal outrage of the day. The same crowd that insists an evangelical Christian should never be president because "we're not a theocracy" insists Ben Carson is a bigot for suggesting sharia law isn't compatible with American values.

Looks like nausi has been whooshed again.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Aelius 2015-09-21 12:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I completely understand your statement. However, what you just said did not counter mine because I just stated that people voted for Obama because he was black.....

Then it IS a strong statement to make when the majority voted because of that reason.
By Aelius 2015-09-21 12:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh... The only difference is the flavor of lifestyle. They are essentially the same religion reading out of the same exact book.

Sorta left out the Muslim part of that post.

I don't know anything about Muslim in general, so I cannot make a statement on it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-21 12:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Except that so many people still support her, regardless of her viewpoints (who has heard what she would do for this country, anything and everything from her has been negative) shows that they would support her just because she has a "D" next to her name.

And how is this different from people pulling the lever for an individual because they have an R next to their name? Nothing new here. Partisans gonna partisan. However, Clinton's poll numbers have been tanking which means she's currently hurting as someone who was thought to be a shoo in.

Quote:

Why? Because it's true? Obama pulled down votes because he was black. Big deal? You don't pull down two wins without getting a majority of a white country to back you. Which he did.

You think if Bernie Sanders made it to the general people wouldn't pull the lever for the first Jewish president solely because he was Jewish? lol.

Quote:
So I'm not sure what you're on about since Hillary has been sliding and the establishment has been forced to tap Sanders as a potential replacement precisely because she can't seem to shake the inauthentic aura that comes with existing in the DC political sphere for too long.

Sanders is most definitely not a a candidate beloved of the political establishment and not the ideal candidate Democrats want to run which is precisely why he's made waves since starting his bid for POTUS. He's definitely not a replacement for Clinton should her campaign burn up in the atmosphere.

Neither party has an agreed upon viable candidate yet.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-21 12:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

first Jewish president
Oh
my
GOD!!

NOT THE JEWS!!!!

Post deleted by User.
By Aelius 2015-09-21 12:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Point is, religious nuts are religious nuts and not the same as those who simply identify.

I don't see this being plausible but hey, your opinion.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-21 13:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

#berniebots it looks like Biden is the end of your liberal white popularity train. Just as predicted he's siphoning off the anti-Hillary vote.

Looks like we will see a Hillary vs Donald Trump debate. Get ready for email and benghazi rebuttals!!!

Poll: Clinton picking up steam against Sanders

Quote:
Clinton picked up 42 percent, with Sanders grabbing 24 percent and Biden, who has not made a decision about running, with 22 percent. Other candidates polled within the margin of error.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/poll-cnn-hillary-clinton-democratic-voters-bernie-sanders-joe-biden-2016-213870#ixzz3mOk1zbXH
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-21 13:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know anything about Muslim in general, so I cannot make a statement on it.

Point is, religious nuts are religious nuts and not the same as those who simply identify.

Prejudice at its finest.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-21 13:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Prejudice at its finest.

I was raised Catholic. I can tell you all about religious nuts.

And yeah, no one is ever prejudice. Clearly you love immigrants and everything.

And again I have to remind you the conversation is about illegal immigrants. You know, those who break the law.

Nice straw man tho.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-09-21 13:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Biden, who has not made a decision about running, with 22 percent.

Biden is ahead of 117 of the 121 people running on the republican ticket
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-21 13:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I was raised Catholic. I can tell you all about religious nuts.

And yeah, no one is ever prejudice. Clearly you love immigrants and everything.

Oh no. I find certain mid-western evangelist doctrines way more crazier than even the most conservative Catholics.

Catholicism was founded on the idea that most Christians were illiterate and required the priest to translate/interpret to them the bible it's so "do whatever the priest says." So i mean it goes hand and hand.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-21 13:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

it goes hand and hand
Often hand of the priest in pants of the devout.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-21 13:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It is amusing he holds this view, though.

There was a time in this country where we were worried about a Catholic president putting his religion first and being beheld to the Pope.

JFK got elected anyhow.

Carson mocked the idea of being sworn in on a Quran. But the idea of being sworn in on a Bible is no more or less worthy of ridicule or skepticism, yet he does think being sworn in on a Bible is appropriate.

It's hypocrisy. I don't think he's malicious about it. It's just him stating the truth as he sees it.

But his views are awfully ironic coming from a black man talking about a book that was used to justify the enslavement of his ancestors.

Honestly though, he's just pandering in the same way most of the GOP candidates are pandering, trying to whip up the crazies for the primary.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-21 13:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Looks like nausi has been whooshed again.
The same group who wants to label the south as bigots because of the love of a flag, all of a sudden has a problem with some other group concluding the Sharia law isn't compatible with the constitution.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-21 13:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

it goes hand and hand
Often hand of the priest in pants of the devout.
I feel bad for any child that experienced it, but it's so unfair to good Catholic clergy for us to stereotype them.

Just like it's unfair for me to stereotype Catholic preists of that "hottest vatican priests calender" lol

Hottest Vatican Preists
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-21 13:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't only happen to children eh.
First Page 2 3 ... 948 949 950 ... 1375 1376 1377