Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 798 799 800 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-07-22 11:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/this-time-hillary-embraces-gender-card-120441.html?hp=t1_r

TLDR Something about being a woman:
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-22 11:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump giving out free crack, that might work to get the minority vote...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-22 11:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a minority of the majority of minorities !

I mean I'm not an albino that is a real minority !

All your melanin are belong to us !
By fonewear 2015-07-22 12:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll have to forgive me from laughing but did Hillary really say this:

"I am not running as a woman,” she said on the trail eight years ago. “I am running because I believe I am the best-qualified and -experienced person.” By the time she successfully acknowledged her gender — in a rousing speech thanking her supporters for helping to put “18 million cracks” in the “highest, hardest glass ceiling” — she was already conceding to Obama."
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-22 12:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I back read, but still have no idea what we're talking about.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-22 12:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
They are not represented.

I'm positive they're represented among our politicians.

Probably just not openly because being gay is being un-murrican and un-Christian and you'd have to lose your office on grounds of EVIL.
By fonewear 2015-07-22 13:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
They are not represented.

I'm positive they're represented among our politicians.

Probably just not openly because being gay is being un-murrican and un-Christian and you'd have to lose your office on grounds of EVIL.

I would beg to differ the Supreme Court would also.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-22 13:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Just this week, Obama is now trying to remove the right to bear arms from seniors collecting social security that basically don't manage their own finances for whatever reason.

Why is that a problem? If you're incompetent to handle your personal matters you shouldn't be waving a gun around.

Because if someone else handles your finances you're automatically a danger to society? If Obama doesn't want the "crazies" to think he's trying to take away our guns, maybe he shouldn't try so hard to find new ways to deny 2nd Amendment rights to non-criminals.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-22 13:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I would beg to differ the Supreme Court would also.

They would also disagree that being Christian is a requirement for being president.

And they'd be right. In theory.

In practice?

Good luck.
By fonewear 2015-07-22 13:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't see Christians out there destroying America but that is just me.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-22 13:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Because if someone else handles your finances you're automatically a danger to society? If Obama doesn't want the "crazies" to think he's trying to take away our guns, maybe he shouldn't try so hard to find new ways to deny 2nd Amendment rights to non-criminals.

Are you suggesting revoking certain priveleges for those unfit to handle them safely is inappropriate?

Because there are plenty of cranky seniors out there who want their drivers' licenses back despite the fact they're truly incompentent to drive.

Hell, I think licensing for vehicles should be more stringent as it is, let alone for weapons...

In fact, I think being unfit to drive should go hand-in-hand with being allowed to open weapons, for that matter. (Which means yes. Take guns away from those who have had their licenses revoked for repeatedly traffic violations, specifically drinking-and-driving.)
By Ramyrez 2015-07-22 13:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't see Christians out there destroying America but that is just me.

For a guy who doesn't want to discuss religion you're sure big on bringing it up.

I was only citing it as an example. It's all well and good to say something is equal and fair, but when it comes to elected positions, being anything but mainstream is quite frequently professional suicide.
By fonewear 2015-07-22 13:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well according to the title of the thread it says Religion. I didn't think discussing religion with Atheists/Agnostic/FFXI worshipers would be a good idea but it would be entertaining !

For once I'm on topic and no one wants to talk about the topic !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-22 13:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you suggesting revoking certain priveleges for those unfit to handle them safely is inappropriate?

Because there are plenty of cranky seniors out there who want their drivers' licenses back despite the fact they're truly incompentent to drive.

Hell, I think licensing for vehicles should be more stringent as it is, let alone for weapons...

Remember way back when you guys made a big deal about voter ID laws because, according to you, it's unnecessary to fix a problem with voter fraud that practically doesn't exist? Good, now tell me how many gun crimes are committed by old or handicapped people on Social Security. If you want to deny them weapons based on actual mental examinations that deem them unfit to carry, that's fine. Assuming that they're unfit simply because someone else handles their bills is discrimination that the left is cool with because, hey, it's guns we're talking about.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-22 13:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You kidding me I've seen little old ladies on scooters shoot up Wal Mart all the time.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-22 13:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember way back when you guys made a big deal about voter ID laws because, according to you, it's unnecessary to fix a problem with voter fraud that practically doesn't exist? Good, now tell me how many gun crimes are committed by old or handicapped people on Social Security. If you want to deny them weapons based on actual mental examinations that deem them unfit to carry, that's fine. Assuming that they're unfit simply because someone else handles their bills is discrimination that the left is cool with because, hey, it's guns we're talking about.

You mean like the guy who shot a woman through a door for seeking help following a car accident?

Or the retired officer who shot a man for being on his cell phone in a theater?

Edit: Ultimately you're probably right in that it's a '***, why bother'? issue.

I just don't think it's something worth getting up in arms over (pardon the pun).

Edit2: The voter ID thing wouldn't have been as big of an issue either if there hadn't been GOP leaders on record saying it was being done specifically to influence voting results.
By Jetackuu 2015-07-22 13:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't agree with either as policy, for the same reason and it has nothing to do with "not a big deal."
By Jetackuu 2015-07-22 13:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean like the guy who shot a woman through a door for seeking help following a car accident?
Didn't realize a person in their 50's who was working was on social security, or really has anything to do with this at all.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-22 14:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Didn't realize a person in their 50's who was working was on social security, or really has anything to do with this at all.

Still sounds like a guy who wasn't of sound mind to me. Though I admit I didn't realize he was that young.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-22 14:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You kidding me I've seen little old ladies on scooters shoot up Wal Mart all the time.

Coincidentally, I've seen a lot of little old ladies at Walmart driving those *** things all over the place with no regard for a single person or thing around them, actually doing property damage in some instances.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-22 14:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh I always relish these moments when rav goes back to his list that he's written down for his supposed gothca moments lol...

The argument was that you don't change voter laws with the intent to specifically disenfranchise a specific group of voters. Republicns attempted to change voting laws for a quickly approaching election that was meant to keep democratic voters from the polls. The fact that voter fraud is statistically insignificant, and never really a problem in the minds of conservatives until their push to try not to lose to obama again, is supporting evidence used to support that we don't need to change voter laws at the time.

It was a *** excuse to try to change the law so close to an election under the thinly disguised veil of curtailing voter fraud.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-22 14:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. Have to admit, I never heard about this one.

I've got to think their case would (rightly) go very, very differently today, for the better.

Grown-up brother and sister will finally be released for a murder they committed at 12 and 13

Quote:
The original reports stated that the siblings killed Speights out of jealousy after their father told them he planned on marrying her. However, documents and child welfare reports suggested Curtis and Catherine had been the targets of sexual abuse by another male relative living with them, according to Florida Today. The kids had planned to kill him, their father, and Speights after their repeated cries for help went unanswered, Florida Today reports.

The siblings were eventually arrested and pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, each receiving an 18-year sentence and probation for life. In a 2009 interview, Catherine Jones told USA Today that she regretted taking a life, but that she was willing to do anything to get away from her abuse.

"At one point I was just so happy to be away," Catherine said. "I know that sounds, like, really messed up, but there was a point where I was just away from all that and I was by myself and I was safe."

And, of course it happened in Florida. Why wouldn't it?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-22 14:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Still sounds like a guy who wasn't of sound mind to me. Though I admit I didn't realize he was that young.
There were reports of him being heavy on the sauce, but I didn't really look that far into it this time, don't want to go down that road again.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-22 15:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
ahh I always relish these moments when rav goes back to his list that he's written down for his supposed gothca moments lol...

Or, you know, I have this thing called a "memory".
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-22 15:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

All alone in the moonlight, can you smile at the old days?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-22 16:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
All alone in the moonlight, can you smile at the old days?
I was beautiful then.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-22 16:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump is dominating in the polls now!

Quote:
RCP Average 7/9 - 7/19 18.0 13.8 10.8 6.3 6.0 5.8 5.8 5.5 2.8 2.0 1.5 1.5 1.3 0.8 0.0 Trump +4.2
ABC/Wash Post 7/16 - 7/19 24 12 13 7 6 8 4 6 3 4 2 1 2 0 0 Trump +11
FOX News 7/13 - 7/15 18 14 15 7 8 4 4 6 3 1 2 2 0 1 0 Trump +3
USAT/Suffolk 7/9 - 7/12 17 14 8 5 4 4 6 4 3 1 1 1 1 1 0 Trump +3
Monmouth 7/9 - 7/12 13 15 7 6 6 7 9 6 2 2 1 2 2 1 0 Bush +2
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

Poor Rand...
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-22 16:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Week old information.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-22 20:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Ok I back read, but still have no idea what we're talking about.

We got nothing this week. I blame foney.

"even maniacs need time to reload" HST
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-22 21:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Week old information.
Provide some newer information and contribute for once.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 798 799 800 ... 1375 1376 1377