Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 786 787 788 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-17 15:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Jetackuu said: »
I like how the guys who don't want us to destroy our ecosystem that is needed for us to survive are the psychotic ones.

irrational fear

So you're ok with nuclear energy then?

yes

Nuclear has its own set of problems but is absolutely a better choice than coal or other more-readily-used sources.
Fusion is almost here. How will the environmentalists stop it from happening?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-17 15:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I think you really need to read about the crusades.

And there we go. Modern Christianity is not equal to modern Islam because 1000 years ago Christians lead the crusades.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-17 15:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
These religions do not operate in the same manner. They are NOT equal in their values and their members do not hold the same opinions on terrorism. Polling indicates many Muslims support suicide bombings on civilian targets to defend / promote the faith. It really does the religion and the more westernized members of the religion a disservice when the media artificially distances Islam and violence.
This is quite ignorant. You're doing exactly what you're accusing these supposed "anti-christians" of doing.

They denounce the members and when they do they are supported by their centralized authority (the vatican).
And this is an absolute bs! But I guess for someone living far away from the Vatican information about it is scarce.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-17 15:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The region will always be poor. The World cannot dump enough money into regions of the world with horrible climates void of resources besides narcotics and oil.

Dubai?

Does ISIS reign in Dubai?

What does ISIS have to do with any of this? Either way, Dubai is slowly making Muslism more tolerant and modern, just like how Christianity evolved since the middle age.

I believe you took Aman's comment out of context when you didn't include his previous paragraph.

Where ISIS reigns, no nations need to exist at all. Most of them do not want the imaginary borders that the West has on their maps anyway.

The region will always be poor. The World cannot dump enough money into regions of the world with horrible climates void of resources besides narcotics and oil.

He's referencing ISIS controlled regions. You threw up Dubai as a place that wasn't poor I was pointing out that Dubai is not a region controlled by ISIS.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-17 15:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

He is not referencing ISIS controlled regions, (as if there are so many of them, they control what, a tiny portion of Iraq?) nice attempt at trying to save your buddy tho. Didn't work.
By Jetackuu 2015-07-17 15:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fusion has been around, what are you going on about?

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-17 16:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Fusion has been around, what are you going on about?

I'm pretty sure he's referring to fusion as a practical energy source. Break-even fusion is difficult to achieve and has yet to be made commercially practical.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-17 16:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I say we just scrap it all, and go with Mako Energy.

Shinra for Supreme Overlord!
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-07-17 16:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would they even want to? I'd think viable fusion energy sources would be at the top of their list.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-17 16:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

On another note, I just spent twenty minutes talking with a Buddhist coworker about his beliefs. It forced me to remember the fact that there's good to be found in just about every belief (and non-belief) system. Maybe if we didn't antagonize each other over religion so much, we'd be able to find common ground and learn from each other instead. I know it's a pipe dream, but it's a thought.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-17 16:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »

Why would they even want to? I'd think viable fusion energy sources would be at the top of their list.

They don't want to. Its just another nausi fantasy.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-17 16:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
On another note, I just spent twenty minutes talking with a Buddhist coworker about his beliefs. It forced me to remember the fact that there's good to be found in just about every belief (and non-belief) system. Maybe if we didn't antagonize each other over religion so much, we'd be able to find common ground and learn from each other instead. I know it's a pipe dream, but it's a thought.
"Are you a living, breathing person who values life, and the choices regarding life?" Why Eee Ess.

"Do you, or someone you know have a family, either immediate or extended, or both?" Why Eee Ess.

"Do you believe in your potential to do good, and the potential of others to do good (regardless of any kind of affiliation?" "Why Eee Ess.

Congratulations - we've found common ground. (There's lots of it, but it all gets lost when we're busy taking the piss out of someone and slinging mud... Oh, I'm sure there's a pun in there somewhere too)
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-17 17:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Did all the energy nerds miss Lockheed Martin's compact fusion pattent?

You'd think the environmentalists would let Cali build a few de-salination plants too but they don't like de-salination either.
By fonewear 2015-07-17 17:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry Obama is going to do something about gun violence...he is going to ban guns. Then murder won't happen.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-07-17 18:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There are pros and cons to desalinization. It needs to be implemented responsibly or we're just alleviating one problem while creating another.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-17 18:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That and it costs what a billion dollars per plant?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-07-17 18:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's still pretty cost prohibitive, yeah. Then there's the energy requirements to produce enough water and also the question of wtf to do with the extracted brine.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-17 18:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the plan in Carlsbad is just to pump it back into the ocean and kill everything.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-17 19:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubai?

Does ISIS reign in Dubai?

What does ISIS have to do with any of this? Either way, Dubai is slowly making Muslism more tolerant and modern, just like how Christianity evolved since the middle age.

I believe you took Aman's comment out of context when you didn't include his previous paragraph.

Where ISIS reigns, no nations need to exist at all. Most of them do not want the imaginary borders that the West has on their maps anyway.

He's referencing ISIS controlled regions. You threw up Dubai as a place that wasn't poor I was pointing out that Dubai is not a region controlled by ISIS.

He was referring to a relatively small part of two relatively small countries using the nomenclature for the entire Middle East. That's like saying Spain and Portugal are a representation of Europe as a whole.
By fonewear 2015-07-17 20:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

A little philosphy to spice things up:

"All truth is crooked, time itself is a circle.'"

"Behold," I continued, "this moment! From this gateway, Moment, along, eternal lane leads backward: behind us lies an eternity. Must not whatever can walk have walked on this lane before? Must not whatever can happen have happened, have been done, have passed by before? And if everything has been there before – what do you think, dwarf, of this moment? Must not this gateway too have been there before? And are not all things knotted together so firmly that this moment draws after it all that is to come? Therefore – itself too? For whatever can walk – in this long lane out there too, it must walk once more."

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
By fonewear 2015-07-17 20:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Judging by the recycling of topics in P and R I agree with the eternal return theory.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-17 21:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That video is amazing !

Post deleted by User.
By Enuyasha 2015-07-17 22:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you really need to read about the crusades.

And there we go. Modern Christianity is not equal to modern Islam because 1000 years ago Christians lead the crusades.
So still vilifying The Muslims as terrorists expunges Christians for doing the exact same things 1000 years ago?

Thats like, super.

The religions are exactly the same, the only thing that is contested is whether or not Jesus was the messiah and which God is the actual God.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-17 23:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
The religions are exactly the same, the only thing that is contested is whether or not Jesus was the messiah and which God is the actual God.

Can you point me to the dictionary where "exactly the same" means "share some similarities"?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-07-18 02:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Tehran (AFP) - Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said Saturday that a landmark nuclear deal with world powers "won't change" the country's stance toward the "arrogant" United States.

The remarks were greeted by chants of "Death to America" at a ceremony in Tehran marking the end of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan, which was broadcast live on state television.

Khamenei also said Tuesday's nuclear agreement would not alter Iran's support for the governments of Syria and Iraq nor its backing of "oppressed people" in Yemen and Bahrain, and the Palestinians.

The supreme leader's comments reflected his longstanding position that Iran's engagement with the six powers was solely to reach a nuclear deal that was in its national interest.

He stressed that the deal with Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States plus Germany was not yet law and would have to be carefully scrutinised.

"They really took pains and worked hard," Khamenei said of Iran's negotiating team.

"The text that has been prepared, whether it is approved or not, they have done their part and they should have their reward," he added.

As Iran's supreme leader, Khamenei has the final word on all policy matters, foreign and domestic, including on the nuclear deal.

In numerous speeches before this week's accord, he appeared ambiguous about the talks, consistently talking down the chances of success but at the same time praising Iran's negotiators as trustworthy and brave.

Iran has always denied seeking an atomic weapon, insisting its nuclear programme is for peaceful energy and medical purposes only.

Source
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 786 787 788 ... 1375 1376 1377