Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 785 786 787 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-17 12:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I don't dismiss oil, but I have no faith in the World liberating itself from the Middle supply so long as psychotic environmentalists particularly in America refuse to let us use our own resources.

Oh yeah, I guess I should throw in a taunt at you right at the end of this post.

Your "faith" does not change the fact that the Middle East is far from a poor region and your "plan" has no basis in reality.

If the world no longer needed Middle East oil would they still be far from poor?

How far away is the world from purging its need of oil? A century? An eternity? I don't deal in your fantasies. This is reality, there are plenty of countries in the Middle East that have vast wealth, and there are other countries that could easily obtain it should they desire to.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-17 12:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
irrational fear
Golden coming from a conservative.

Ummm k?
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 12:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Jetackuu said: »
I like how the guys who don't want us to destroy our ecosystem that is needed for us to survive are the psychotic ones.

irrational fear

So you're ok with nuclear energy then?

yes

Nuclear has its own set of problems but is absolutely a better choice than coal or other more-readily-used sources.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-17 12:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't dismiss oil, but I have no faith in the World liberating itself from the Middle supply so long as psychotic environmentalists particularly in America refuse to let us use our own resources.

Oh yeah, I guess I should throw in a taunt at you right at the end of this post.

Your "faith" does not change the fact that the Middle East is far from a poor region and your "plan" has no basis in reality.

If the world no longer needed Middle East oil would they still be far from poor?

How far away is the world from purging its need of oil? A century? An eternity? I don't deal in your fantasies. This is reality, there are plenty of countries in the Middle East that have vast wealth, and there are other countries that could easily obtain it should they desire to.

The problem is when your populace contains a large number of illiterates that put all their stock in imams/elders/authority figures who can manipulate their every whim at the behest of the ruling class.

Revolution is an option but as we've seen with the Arab Spring while there are intellectuals who want better for their countries they have both outside nations to answer to (who can flood their enemies with weapons) and the populace who may not understand their vision. Look at Iran for example. And every time the West has decided some psychopathic dictator is NP so long as they tow the status quo.

It's hard (as a revolutionary) to say you have the people when the people fall right back into Shia v. Sunni, my local clan v. your local clan, my imam v. your imam after any political upheavals and that doesn't count all the good people imprisoned/murdered/exiled who could reslly help uplift their nations.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-17 12:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be done already if not for the irrational tree huggers on the left.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-17 12:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo Aman, it's called global oil markets. Look into 'em.

Or are you suggesting the US gov't nationalize our oil deposits? Because alot of companies wouldn't be cool with that.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-17 12:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh sure, thats believable. Because Democrats in America are responsible for all of China's demand. Its probably time for you to stop posting.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-17 13:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh sure, thats believable. Because Democrats in America are responsible for all of China's demand. Its probably time for you to stop posting.

Aww don't get mad buddy. Look, Jet gave you a +. Chin up.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 13:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Because alot of companies wouldn't be cool with that.

Sounds like a great reason to do it to me, but that's completely devoid of logic and me just stirring the pot.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-17 13:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be so nice though to see instability in the Middle East be a Chinese problem. They would at least deal with it the correct way.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 13:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Again I say whether I agree or not is irrelevant.

I still laughed.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-17 13:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I will accept this as your surrender. Every single one of your posts today has been factually incorrect. Better luck next time.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 13:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of countries that we actually should liberate except we won't because of their political "allies" who don't even like them...

New North Korean Nuclear Test Could Come In October

Quote:
South Korean officials claim North Korea will launch military attacks in October, timed alongside the country’s anniversary of the birth of the leading Workers’ Party of Korea. South Korea’s Defense Ministry added that a fourth nuclear test during this time period is possible.

“With the communist country set to mark the 70th anniversary of the Workers’ Party of Korea’s formation on Oct. 10, the North is likely to launch strategically motivated provocations,” the ministry said in its defense policy outline, according to Seoul-based Yonhap News Agency.

Seoul intelligence says that Pyongyang’s Pungguye-ri nuclear test facility near the east coast of the country is equipped to handle a “quick” nuclear test and is believed to be the location of the previous three nuclear tests conducted in 2006, 2009 and 2012. On the western side of the country, a new long-range missile launch pad will be completed in October, the report said.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-17 13:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait... The world would have moved away from fossil fuels already if it weren't for the people rallying against them? Is this one of those "keep your government hands off my medicare" things?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-17 13:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically NK will attempt to sink a SK ship, declare glorious victory and continue to be ignored as geopolitical Herpes.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 13:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically NK will attempt to sink a SK ship, declare glorious victory and continue to be ignored as geopolitical Herpes.

I like South Korea, though. They're fun.

They're practically little America.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-17 13:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

I like South Korea, though. They're fun.

They're practically little America.

When we're done cleaning up the Middle East in time for corn flakes, we'll finish up that Korean adventure and put the peninsula back together again.

You wait Kim! After Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Nigeria, Mali and Sudan we'll find you. And we'll put your regime of evil to bed.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 13:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's always about oil and other natural resources with you!
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-17 13:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically we're just going to play the whole geopolitical dance until someone straight up attacks us again. At that point, we'll do what we usually do and "Hulk Up". Here's a low-quality gif to demonstrate.

By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 13:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Basically we're just going to play the whole geopolitical dance until someone straight up attacks us again. At that point, we'll do what we usually do and "Hulk Up". Here's low-quality gif to demonstrate.

Whatcha gonna do when Bern-/Jeb-/Trump-/Hilldawg-/Walker-amania runs wild on you, brutha?
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 13:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

"Bernamania" sounds the best to me, not because he's my favorite of those candidates, but because he seems like the kind of guy that takes forever to piss off, but when you do, ***just gets ***. up.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-17 13:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

"Bernamania" sounds the best to me, not because he's my favorite of those candidates, but because he seems like the kind of guy that takes forever to piss off, but when you do, ***just gets ***. up.

That's the kind of person you want leading forces. You don't want to use them but when you do, you ruthlessly complete the mission.

All these screeching hawks do is get good people killed on endless quagmires. There's no glory in that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-17 14:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the kind of person you want leading forces. You don't want to use them but when you do, you ruthlessly complete the mission.

All these screeching hawks do is get good people killed on endless quagmires. There's no glory in that.

Pretty much. I'm no advocate for war, but if you're going to do it, give it everything you've got and get it over with as quickly as possible. I hate to say that the ends justify the means, but a drawn out war is worse for everyone involved.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-07-17 14:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Pretty much. I'm no advocate for war, but if you're going to do it, give it everything you've got and get it over with as quickly as possible. I hate to say that the ends justify the means, but a drawn out war is worse for everyone involved.

I think NK would be the first time since WWII we'd actually be greeted as liberators.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-07-17 14:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »
I think NK would be the first time since WWII we'd actually be greeted as liberators.

Nah, the Kuwaitis loved us in Desert Storm.

That's likely the only case, though. Maybe the Kurds in Iraq II: Desert Boogaloo?
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-07-17 14:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »

Nah, the Kuwaitis loved us in Desert Storm.

That's likely the only case, though. Maybe the Kurds in Iraq II: Desert Boogaloo?

I always forget Desert Storm, since we took care of business and left.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 14:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I always forget Desert Storm, since we took care of business and left.

STORMIN' NORMAN.

-the last time your average citizen could name and express a legitimate feeling on a military leader.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 15:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I posted that and suddenly realized it might be (at least) juusstt outside of conscious memory for many people posting here.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-17 15:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Army of God

The point being Nausi that you think your religion, or well I should say Christianity as I don't recall if you've ever said what faith you subscribe to, is on the whole good and not bad like those muslim fellas. What you don't seem to understand is its mostly about perspective. All religions seem to fuel some kind of fanaticism whether it be the muslim faith or christianity or judiasm or whatever else. At the heart of each religion it really seems to be a genuine and a good idea but like with all other things humanity gets a hold of it and well everythings up for grabs at that point.

Would you denounce your religion if a group of people started committing acts like this in its name or would you defend it and write them off as fanatics?

Ok, I don't contest there are people within every faith who pervert it to justify their violence. That's not the point. You (and everyone else's) refuse to see any further distinction between them. You've accepted the sophomoric and over simplified analysis of "all religions have been bad at some point so therefore they're all bad" and you're not interested in anything remotely resembling a deeper understanding of the issue. I would guess that this might be because of your own experiences with religion which if it's a valid guess, I would urge you to challenge yourself on.

These religions do not operate in the same manner. They are NOT equal in their values and their members do not hold the same opinions on terrorism. Polling indicates many Muslims support suicide bombings on civilian targets to defend / promote the faith. It really does the religion and the more westernized members of the religion a disservice when the media artificially distances Islam and violence.

Christians/catholics do not denounce their faith when some members pervert their faith. They denounce the members and when they do they are supported by their centralized authority (the vatican). In Islam there is no similar authority, the subdivisions (sunni shia) war with each other, and the religious states (IRAN) fund international terrorism.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-17 15:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
The region will always be poor. The World cannot dump enough money into regions of the world with horrible climates void of resources besides narcotics and oil.

Dubai?

Does ISIS reign in Dubai?
First Page 2 3 ... 785 786 787 ... 1375 1376 1377