Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 781 782 783 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-17 09:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Welcome to American liberal politics and media, where if you shoot up a marine base in the name of Islam, we don't call you an Islamic terrorist. But if you watch the "Dukes of Hazard", you're most certainly a racist.

You'll turn anything into an opportunity to play the victim, won't you?Hmmm I have no interest in talking about your point so I'll just call you a victim.

How does that make me specifically a victim?

I mean I'm just pointing out the double standard. Only victims point out double standards?

Honest question at face value: Did anyone -- here, at least -- say you're a racist for watchin' a couple of good ol' boys, never meanin' no harm?

I personally didn't see anyone (again, here) say it should be taken as far as it's gone.

Your dragging the rebel flag thing into this is a complete tangent.

All they're looking to do is confirm his motive one way or another. Was it wrong for people to speculate that the South Carolina shooting was race-related before it was confirmed? To a degree, yes. It was an easy conclusion to reach, but it was wrong to assume so before facts were out. Just like assuming this guy was a terrorist or had terrorist sympathies before the facts were out.

But it appears now he does, so. Feel free to say so.
C'mon Ramy. The media goes out of it's way to put as much distance between Islam and violence as they can (because they're pummeling you with their ideology). The same media goes out of it's way to connect white people and racism (for the same reason).

Oh and honestly, no one said specifically because I was watching the dukes I was racist. I didn't say they were. I was pointing to the media climate which intimidated the networks to otherwise pull ANY show off the air that displayed it.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-17 09:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So what you're saying is that you want the media to jump to conclusions on all accounts and not really report anything correctly until later?

I mean... there's no other reason for a muslim guy to shoot something up because he's a terrorist like theres no other reason a white guy would gun down a bunch of black people in a church right?

It's just funny to me that you slam the media on one front and then slam them for doing what you wanted them to do in the first place.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-17 09:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Because equating Islam with violence certainly wouldn't play directly into the terrorists hand. The ones looking for disenfranchised youth to use as fresh meat for a suicide attack. Nope.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-17 09:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

put as much distance between Islam and violence as they can (because they're pummeling you with their ideology)
What?
New conspiracy now?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-17 09:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
That was my whole point. Shoot up a church of black people and within hours the media has a picture of you with a confederate flag. Shoot up a military recruitment center in the name of Allah, and well we can't figure out why he did it.

I find it funny, I open my mouth sometimes and its like I've thrown a bag full of bacon in front of a pack of dogs otherwise playing fetch.

I'm totally flattered.
Yeah... it's totally uncommon for people to respond to others posts in a forum like this lol... Jesus Nausi...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-17 09:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
So what you're saying is that you want the media to jump to conclusions on all accounts and not really report anything correctly until later?

I mean... there's no other reason for a muslim guy to shoot something up because he's a terrorist like theres no other reason a white guy would gun down a bunch of black people in a church right?

It's just funny to me that you slam the media on one front and then slam them for doing what you wanted them to do in the first place.

Does Islam have a unique problem with violence in our world?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-17 09:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi, the man so dishonest he wants us to equate Islam with violence immediately but if I equate his homo/transphobia with his Christianity I'm suddenly picking on Jesus and spreading my disgusting hatreds everywhere.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-17 09:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope. It's the radical flavor of the month. Left to its own devices Judaism and Christianity reach similar levels of sickness.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 09:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

C'mon Ramy. The media goes out of it's way to put as much distance between Islam and violence as they can (because they're pummeling you with their ideology). The same media goes out of it's way to connect white people and racism (for the same reason).

I guess this would be why I do my best to avoid "breaking" news from any televised source at all, and any websites affiliated with said sources. I might see a headline of what happened on MSN or something, but I really try to reserve judgment until we get a reasonable write up from someone who isn't just going for instant ratings spike based on newest incident of people being shitty that given day.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-17 09:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that's just false. I am not homophobic or transphobic. I'd ask for evidence of why you feel that is true?
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 09:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Nope. It's the radical flavor of the month. Left to its own devices Judaism and Christianity* reach similar levels of sickness.

*Has reached and continues to reach. Let's not forget Catholic/Christian terrorism is still alive and well -- albeit on a (happily!) much smaller scale than it used to be -- in Ireland.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-17 09:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope. It's the radical flavor of the month. Left to its own devices Judaism and Christianity reach similar levels of sickness.

When was the last time someone shot up a military base while screaming "praise jesus"?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-17 09:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

picking on Jesus

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 09:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that's just false. I am not homophobic or transphobic. I'd ask for evidence of why you feel that is true?

To be fair I don't think Nausi is phobic. I think he's bias against and bigoted, but not phobic.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-17 09:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say phobic is actually the most suitable word.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-17 09:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, ok.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-17 09:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

When was the last time someone shot up a military base while screaming "praise jesus"?

/buzzes in

1369!
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-17 09:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's usually abortion clinics these days...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-17 09:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So when was the last time someone shot up an abortion clinic in the name of their christian religion?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-17 09:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a while. Thankfully reason still holds some sway.

Most Christian Taliban are too busy gargling Putin's balls (hes so dreamy!) while wishing they had the balls to set their inner ISIS free.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-17 09:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, ok.

And there we go, hey do you want to create special rules for trans people to use whatever bathroom they want?
No?
Well then there is no other reason than that you must be afraid of them.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-17 09:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So when was the last time someone shot up an abortion clinic in the name of their christian religion?
Woo

This is starting to sound more like a sports rivalry now. lol... My religion is better than your religion! We haven't shot up a military base in some time!
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 09:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well then there is no other reason than that you must be afraid of them.

There really isn't. The question is whether that fear is rational or not.

You think it is. Many of us don't. It's really that simple.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-17 09:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you asserting that all these people committed these atrocities in the name of their christian god?
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 09:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence

Molotov and Bombs in 2012, no violence there.

I'd also add hate crimes on LGTB, there's a lot of murders (Fully aware all LGTB murders aren't hate crimes)

I know it was still a while ago, but how many have even heard of this, even at the time? (Yes, Chanti, I'm aware you probably have and did at the time, you ol' bra burner you.)

YoUpStairs Lounge arson attack

If every single aspect of this doesn't churn your stomach, I question your integrity as a human being.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 09:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you asserting that all these people committed these atrocities in the name of their christian god?

I would assert that all LGBT hate crime is religion-fueled, whether actively or as a tacit factor in their overt malignancy due to the influence and teaching of hate.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-17 09:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you asserting that all the other said attrocities are committed in the name of their muslim god?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-17 09:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I would assert that all LGBT hate crime is religion-fueled, whether actively or otherwise.
Nah. I wouldn't say all.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 781 782 783 ... 1375 1376 1377