Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 779 780 781 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-16 14:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Man I hate facebook so much but here I am on facebook...

hey foney, why does the blue squiggly thing under your post count link to lady gaga's twitter page?

<-thought it was the link to the facebook thing you were talking about and clicked on it
By fonewear 2015-07-16 14:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
fonewear said: »
Man I hate facebook so much but here I am on facebook...

hey foney, why does the blue squiggly thing under your post count link to lady gaga's twitter page?

<-thought it was the link to the facebook thing you were talking about and clicked on it

Probably was a joke I assume no one pays attention to those little buttons.

I think I have a twitter account but I stopped using it almost immediately.

Not sure how it is possible but it is worse than Facebook.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-16 15:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Now we wait to see if anything actually happens to those cops... And the department for quite literally attempting to cover it up and possibly use public funds to do so.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-07-16 15:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Now we wait to see if anything actually happens to those cops... And the department for quite literally attempting to cover it up and possibly use public funds to do so.
My bet: nothing is likely to happen to the officers or department.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-16 15:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
which makes you wonder why they even bother to cover stuff up anymore... Well I guess it's not their money so they don't mind spending it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-07-16 15:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Paid administrative leave until the heat dies down, then back to business as usual most likely.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-16 16:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »

Paid administrative leave until the heat dies down, then back to business as usual most likely.
Sounds like an episode of Grand Theft Auto: Police Edition.

Just hide until The Public Outrage meter dies down from 6 Stars to 0.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-07-16 16:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »

Pretty much, yeah. The officers will be shuffled around, maybe put on desk duty for a while. Once everyone's paying attention to whatever shiny new injustice comes along, they'll be fine.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-16 17:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
People shot in America? If it wasn't at least 40-50 dead, no one cares.

*snore*

Whoa whoa whoa, that's not true!

Wait, were any of them white?
I'm guessing the gunmen (since it's being reported as multiple shootings across the state) are non white. Probably Muslim if race isn't immediately released by the media.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-16 17:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Four U.S. Marines were killed on Thursday by a gunman who opened fire at two military offices in Chattanooga, Tennessee, before being fatally shot in an attack officials called a brazen, brutal act of domestic terrorism.

The FBI named the suspect as Mohammod Youssuf Abdulazeez, 24, but said it was too early to speculate on a motive for the rampage, which comes at a time when U.S. military and law enforcement authorities are increasingly concerned about the threat posed by 'lone wolves' to domestic targets.

"We are treating this as an act of domestic terrorism," Bill Killian, the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Tennessee, said earlier, adding that no official determination of the nature of the crime had yet been made and the Federal Bureau of Investigation has not ruled anything out.

"While it would be premature to speculate on the motives of the shooter at this time, we will conduct a thorough investigation of this tragedy and provide updates as they are available," the agency said in a statement.

NBC reported he was a naturalized American born in Kuwait.

U.S. officials said law enforcement authorities are investigating whether he was inspired by Islamic State or a similar militant group.

President Barack Obama offered his condolences to the victims' families and said officials will be prompt and thorough in getting answers on the shootings.

"It is a heartbreaking circumstance for these individuals who have served our country with great valor to be killed in this fashion," he said in a statement from the Oval Office.

The Department of Homeland Security was stepping up security at certain federal facilities and supporting the FBI investigation, DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson said in a statement.

Chattanooga is a city of about 173,000 people along the Tennessee River in the southeast of the state.

The suspect, seen driving an open-top Ford Mustang, is believed to have first gone to a joint military recruiting center in a strip mall and sprayed it with gunfire, riddling the glass facade with bullet holes.

"Everybody was at a standstill and as soon as he pulled away everyone scrambled trying to make sure everyone was OK," said Erica Wright, who works two doors down from the center.

Armed forces recruiting centers are often located in shopping centers and other prominent places.

The gunman then drove off to a Naval Reserve Center about 6 miles (10 km) away, fatally shooting the four Marines before being shot and killed in a firefight with police.

Three others were wounded in the attacks, including a police officer reported in stable condition and a Marine.

The shootings began at about 10:45 a.m. local time and ended about 30 minutes later.

Chattanooga Police Chief Fred Fletcher told a news conference many officers converged to engage "this brazen criminal and one of those officers was injured by gunfire" from the suspect. The suspected shooter is believed to have lived in the area and acted alone, police said.

Police blocked access to the street where the suspected gunman lived in an upscale suburb. Only residents with photo IDs were allowed to pass and all cars coming and going were stopped.

Mary Winter, president of the Colonial Shores Neighborhood Association, said she had known Abdulazeez and his family for more than 10 years and was stunned at the crime.

"We're all shocked and saddened," Winter said. "He never caused any trouble. We can't believe that this happened. We were just planning to have a swim team banquet tonight."

Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke lashed out at the gunman in an interview with cable news channel CNN.

"This was an individual who was motivated to do significant damage," he said. Local media said memorial services for the victims would be held in various Chattanooga churches tonight.
Four Marines and gunman killed in Tennessee shootings

Hmmm... don't know why they were reporting multiple shooting across the state at the same time.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-16 17:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

News updates:

Jared Fogle (Subway guy) was apparently turned into the FBI for sending text messages to a co-worker numerous times asking her to engage in bestiality and for making inappropriate comments about middle school girls.

It took 3 years, but the guy who shot up people during a premier of Batman was finally found guilty of murder.
By fonewear 2015-07-16 20:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
News updates:

Jared Fogle (Subway guy) was apparently turned into the FBI for sending text messages to a co-worker numerous times asking her to engage in bestiality and for making inappropriate comments about middle school girls.

It took 3 years, but the guy who shot up people during a premier of Batman was finally found guilty of murder.

I could have told you he was guilty 3 years ago and saved people tons of time and money.
By fonewear 2015-07-16 21:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »

Pretty much, yeah. The officers will be shuffled around, maybe put on desk duty for a while. Once everyone's paying attention to whatever shiny new injustice comes along, they'll be fine.

The system works !
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-16 23:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:
Four U.S. Marines were killed on Thursday by a gunman who opened fire at two military offices in Chattanooga, Tennessee, before being fatally shot in an attack officials called a brazen, brutal act of domestic terrorism.

The FBI named the suspect as Mohammod Youssuf Abdulazeez, 24, but said it was too early to speculate on a motive for the rampage, which comes at a time when U.S. military and law enforcement authorities are increasingly concerned about the threat posed by 'lone wolves' to domestic targets.

"We are treating this as an act of domestic terrorism," Bill Killian, the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Tennessee, said earlier, adding that no official determination of the nature of the crime had yet been made and the Federal Bureau of Investigation has not ruled anything out.

"While it would be premature to speculate on the motives of the shooter at this time, we will conduct a thorough investigation of this tragedy and provide updates as they are available," the agency said in a statement.

NBC reported he was a naturalized American born in Kuwait.

U.S. officials said law enforcement authorities are investigating whether he was inspired by Islamic State or a similar militant group.

President Barack Obama offered his condolences to the victims' families and said officials will be prompt and thorough in getting answers on the shootings.

"It is a heartbreaking circumstance for these individuals who have served our country with great valor to be killed in this fashion," he said in a statement from the Oval Office.

The Department of Homeland Security was stepping up security at certain federal facilities and supporting the FBI investigation, DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson said in a statement.

Chattanooga is a city of about 173,000 people along the Tennessee River in the southeast of the state.

The suspect, seen driving an open-top Ford Mustang, is believed to have first gone to a joint military recruiting center in a strip mall and sprayed it with gunfire, riddling the glass facade with bullet holes.

"Everybody was at a standstill and as soon as he pulled away everyone scrambled trying to make sure everyone was OK," said Erica Wright, who works two doors down from the center.

Armed forces recruiting centers are often located in shopping centers and other prominent places.

The gunman then drove off to a Naval Reserve Center about 6 miles (10 km) away, fatally shooting the four Marines before being shot and killed in a firefight with police.

Three others were wounded in the attacks, including a police officer reported in stable condition and a Marine.

The shootings began at about 10:45 a.m. local time and ended about 30 minutes later.

Chattanooga Police Chief Fred Fletcher told a news conference many officers converged to engage "this brazen criminal and one of those officers was injured by gunfire" from the suspect. The suspected shooter is believed to have lived in the area and acted alone, police said.

Police blocked access to the street where the suspected gunman lived in an upscale suburb. Only residents with photo IDs were allowed to pass and all cars coming and going were stopped.

Mary Winter, president of the Colonial Shores Neighborhood Association, said she had known Abdulazeez and his family for more than 10 years and was stunned at the crime.

"We're all shocked and saddened," Winter said. "He never caused any trouble. We can't believe that this happened. We were just planning to have a swim team banquet tonight."

Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke lashed out at the gunman in an interview with cable news channel CNN.

"This was an individual who was motivated to do significant damage," he said. Local media said memorial services for the victims would be held in various Chattanooga churches tonight.
Four Marines and gunman killed in Tennessee shootings

Hmmm... don't know why they were reporting multiple shooting across the state at the same time.
There very well could have been, but separate and unrelated incidents. Then again, this is just the cursory information that they have at the moment. A detailed investigation may give us more answers.

Or not.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-16 23:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary: I wrote to NASA as a kid about becoming an astronaut and they told me 'no women allowed'

Oh god, my feelz. They burn!
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-16 23:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-16 23:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly you care enough to post.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-16 23:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

But not enough to click on your worthless article.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-17 00:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Vic is in the orchestra on the HMS Hillary. It's already sinking, but he'll be playing until the end.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-17 00:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah and yet you guys have to give us daily updates on how well she is doing.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-17 00:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Yeah and yet you guys have to give us daily updates on how well she is doing.

Hard to keep your eyes off of a train wreck.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-17 01:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Give it a try. Come back in 6 months when things actually start to matter.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-07-17 01:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
But not enough to click on your worthless article.
Fairly benign article with the buttmad cranked to 11. Because Hillary.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-17 01:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-07-17 01:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I know. If I'm not spouting off meaningless commentary on random campaign soundbites then obviously I'm waving my Clinton 2016 flag while hugging my Hillary body pillow.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-17 01:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
hugging my Hillary body pillow

Wrong thread. That's more of an RT thing.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-17 04:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you not read the article you linked? Oh, but of course you didn't.
The article is about her wanting to support space programs - a damn good thing. The part about her being rejected by NASA as a kid is just an anecdote, there is no outrage, especially considering times have changed already.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Seha 2015-07-17 04:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Also hello there totally mysterious lurker!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-17 06:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary could have been an astronaut that would have made her far more important !
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-17 06:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

She has the shape of a bedside table, I don't think she could have become one even if NASA accepted women back then.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 779 780 781 ... 1375 1376 1377