Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 749 750 751 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-08 22:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Cerberus.Laconic said: »
Clinton lying, yet again.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/hillary-email-subpoena-released_987095.html
Quote:
Hillary Clinton falsely claimed in an interview that she had not received a subpoena for her emails. But Trey Gowdy, the chair of the House Benghazi committee, released the subpoena he sent the former secretary of state after hearing Clinton not tell the truth:

I'm curious if anyone here actually thinks she is a decent person.

Even her supporters view her as the lesser of two evils, but I'm curious of the context he's claiming she lied in. It's very possible that the question was in a different timeframe and she took the opportunity to deny it instead of correcting the interviewer. Love her or hate her, you can't deny she's a very clever person.

Lesser of two evils? Look at the people running on her side. She's the greatest of six evils.

Who else is running on her side besides Sanders? The two evils are dem and rep, and when you compare her to the likes of trump and bush, obviously progressives are getting behind her.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-08 23:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hillary Clinton falsely claimed in an interview that she had not received a subpoena for her emails. But Trey Gowdy, the chair of the House Benghazi committee, released the subpoena he sent the former secretary of state after hearing Clinton not tell the truth:

Even her supporters view her as the lesser of two evils, but I'm curious of the context he's claiming she lied in. It's very possible that the question was in a different timeframe and she took the opportunity to deny it instead of correcting the interviewer. Love her or hate her, you can't deny she's a very clever person.

Lesser of two evils? Look at the people running on her side. She's the greatest of six evils.

Who else is running on her side besides Sanders? The two evils are dem and rep, and when you compare her to the likes of trump and bush, obviously progressives are getting behind her.

According to the Virginia straw poll, we also have Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Martin O'Malley, and Jim Webb. Of course progressives aren't going to like Trump and Bush, but Hillary Clinton? Really? She's the closest thing to a Trump or Bush that the Democrats have.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-08 23:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

According to the Virginia straw poll, we also have Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Martin O'Malley, and Jim Webb. Of course progressives aren't going to like Trump and Bush, but Hillary Clinton? Really? She's the closest thing to a Trump or Bush that the Democrats have.

And 40% of the voters wouldn't vote for anyone with a d next to their name anyway, which is why it's moronic that she's the front runner. If you're going to fight over the middle, start with someone left or right of it. I'm not saying it makes sense that she's popular, just explaining why.
 Cerberus.Laconic
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-09 00:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You realize that your explanation can be used for either side right? The only difference is I have not heard of one person on the right, that would get behind Bush or Trump the way Dems bend over backwards for clinton.

At the very least, the right seems to be more open to other candidates and many would prefer someone other than Bush or Trump.

What does the left have to choose from bernie or biden. HAHA.. I guess I see why they think clinton is their only chance.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-09 00:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You realize that your explanation can be used for either side right? The only difference is I have not heard of one person on the right, that would get behind Bush or Trump the way Dems bend over backwards for clinton.

Do you spend a lot of time around people who bend over backwards for hillary or do you just think that's what they're doing?
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-09 00:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Obligatory: Yeah about 3/4 this forum.

Do you spend a lot of time around people who bend over backwards for hillary or do you just think that's what they're doing?

Sadly. I know a few people that think clinton is their savoir. They are not the brightest crayons in the box. Even some people on this site would vote for that pathetic lying hypocrite.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-09 00:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly. I know a few people that think clinton is their savoir. They are not the brightest crayons in the box. Even some people on this site would vote for that pathetic lying hypocrite.

So, by "the dems" you really mean a couple people you know personally and your assumptions about a handful of people on the internet... Got it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-09 00:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So, by "the dems" you really mean a couple people you know personally and your assumptions about a handful of people on the internet... Got it.

The word "assumptions" coming from you is priceless.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-09 00:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary has a commanding lead in the Dem side of the polls according to RCP. +48.5% over her nearest competitor. Jeb Bush is up 5.8%. Somebody has to be bending over backward for Hillary.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-09 00:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary has a commanding lead in the Dem side of the polls according to RCP. +48.5% over her nearest competitor. Jeb Bush is up 5.8%. Somebody has to be bending over backward for Hillary.

Assumptions!
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-09 00:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Because she declared 6 months before anyone else and has raised 3 times as much as the nearest competitor? Or because months before the first primary she's the only name anyone has even heard before?

Yeah, those phone polls over a year before an election really nail it down.

The word "assumptions" coming from you is priceless.

Does it rustle your jimmies when someone steals your act?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-09 00:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Because she declared 6 months before anyone else and has raised 3 times as much as the nearest competitor? Or because months before the first primary she's the only name anyone has even heard before?

Yeah, those phone polls over a year before an election really nail it down.

Yes, it's still a bit early, which is the only reason I have any hope for humanity at this point. If she makes it past the debates as the clear frontrunner, we'll have to have this discussion again.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-09 00:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That is what you call.
Assumptions!

Does it rustle your jimmies when someone steals your act?
Back to 2nd grade insults I see. Keep up the good work!

If she makes it past the debates as the clear frontrunner,
Sorry, I lost my faith in humanity on Nov, 6. 2012.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-09 00:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That is what you call.
Assumptions!

No, it's what you call a poll result. The next closest to hillary in fundraising was Sanders, obviously, because nobody else had formally announced, and most people polled didn't know anything about him and had never heard of him.

What point are you even trying to make? You're just being contrary.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-09 02:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

#Real Family
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-09 05:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Make her go away! Nobody here wants to be in lolEU, and the countries she cites are the ones in trouble. What a tool!

Quote:
The Balkan countries aspiring for European Union membership can reach their goals despite the crisis in Greece, Angela Merkel said Wednesday as she began a two-day tour of the region.

The German chancellor visited Albania and Serbia whose ambitions to join the EU have been complicated by the Greek financial turmoil. She is to travel to Bosnia on Thursday.

Merkel praised Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic, who is campaigning for Serbia's EU membership despite strong opposition from a pro-Russian nationalist bloc, for accepting austerity demands from the creditors.

"I think the prime minister is pursuing this policy not because he wants to please anyone outside Serbia, but out of the conviction that less debt, less new debt, leads in the end to lower interest payments and more room to spend and invest in the future," Merkel said in Belgrade. "And I think we are not seeing that things in Greece are going so successfully at the moment."

"We are in a very different situation here (in Serbia), in which a government is pursuing out of conviction a path that is not easy, but one which will — just as in Ireland, in Portugal, in Spain — yield success. I am firmly convinced of that," Merkel added.

Serbia, Albania and Bosnia have declared their desire to join the EU, but in the wake of the Greek bailout turmoil Merkel and other EU leaders are likely to be more wary of admitting countries with troubled economies.
Merkel visits Balkans amid Greek crisis

No they don't!
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-09 11:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Martin O'Malley

Is he still just low-key campaigning in the Northeast? It seems like most of the buzz was surrounding whether he was going to run. After the official announcement, haven't heard/read much other than the continual, innocuous yammering about Hillary and Sanders.

Poor Littlefinger Carcetti.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-09 11:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Martin O'Malley

Is he still just low-key campaigning in the Northeast? It seems like most of the buzz was surrounding whether he was going to run. After the official announcement, haven't heard/read much other than the continual, innocuous yammering about Hillary and Sanders.

Poor Littlefinger Carcetti.

If he is, it's VERY low key.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-07-09 11:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, aren't you a statistician? Because I hope you are trying to make a bad joke, rather than draw a meaningful conclusion from different statistical (sub)populations.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-09 11:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So who's the frontrunner in the Republican pack? Cause I've heard enough of Trump for a lifetime. Someone cart him off to the glue factory already.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-09 11:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Um, aren't you a statistician? Because I hope you are trying to make a bad joke, rather than draw a meaningful conclusion from different statistical (sub)populations.

It was mostly in response to Laconic's comment about Bush and Trump in comparison to what's going on with Hillary. According to the same metric, and for all the hoopla surrounding him, Trump isn't even in the top 6. On the other hand, you have a scandal-laden Democrat with a huge lead and with the support of a large group of people that supposedly don't like her but make sure to downplay her every misstep.

I know you can't draw conclusions from polls such as this due to glaring flaws in data collection and analysis coupled with incongruous groups, but that doesn't make them meaningless.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-07-09 12:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you can't draw conclusions from polls such as this due to glaring flaws in data collection and analysis coupled with incongruous groups, but that doesn't make them meaningless.
Could you clarify?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-09 12:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-09 12:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The U.S. Mint said on Tuesday it temporarily sold out of its popular 2015 American Eagle silver bullion coins due to a "significant" increase in demand, the latest sign plunging prices have spurred a resurgence of retail buying.

In a statement sent to its biggest U.S. wholesalers, the Mint said its facility in West Point, New York, continues to produce coins and expects to resume sales in about two weeks.

This is the second time the mint has sold out of silver coins in the past nine months - it ran out of 2014-dated American Eagles in November last year.

In 2013, the historic drop in precious metals prices unleashed a surge in global demand for coins, forcing the mint to ration silver coin sales for 18 months.

Dealers attributed the recent rush to purchase silver coins and bars to its low price relative to gold.

The gold-silver ratio was "way out of whack", said Jon Edelman, owner of Edelman's Coins in Jenkintown, PA.

"That was a sign that silver was too low and people started buying. People view it as an opportunity in the long run."

On Tuesday, one ounce of gold would buy as much as 78 ounces of silver, which is historically a very wide spread.

It's not clear if Tuesday's rout had spurred a fresh round of spot buying, but demand has been healthy in recent months.

Sharp breaks in gold and silver prices typically boost buying among collectors and other retail investors, whose buying habits are sensitive to price moves.

Due to its greater affordability, silver sales tend to outstrip gold in volume terms and attract a lot more retail buyers.

Last month, coin sales surged to 4.84 million ounces, the highest since January and more than double the 2 million ounces sold a month earlier.

On Tuesday, spot silver prices sank almost 7 percent to $14.65 per ounce, the lowest for the year as the dollar climbed and amid a broader exodus of cash from commodities.
UPDATE 1-U.S. Mint sold out of silver coins due to strong demand

Low prices = more demand, go figure. Interesting how high demand has lowered, and not raised prices.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-09 12:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you clarify?

It's an observational study. You're not going to prove anything with a statistical degree of confidence, but it still has educational value. It's also open for debate, though.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-09 12:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you clarify?

It's an observational study. You're not going to prove anything with a statistical degree of confidence, but it still has educational value. It's also open for debate, though.

Its meaningless when you observe a group who has 2 choices and has never heard of one of them. The evil you know, etc
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-09 12:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley pledged to sign legislation on Thursday permanently removing the Confederate battle flag from the state capitol grounds, following an emotional debate spurred by the massacre of nine black churchgoers last month.

Haley said she would sign the bill into law at 4 p.m. EDT, and Charleston's Post and Courier newspaper said the flag would be removed at 10 a.m. on Friday. It will be taken to the "relic room" of a military museum in Columbia, the state capital.

The flag nicknamed the "Stars and Bars," carried by Confederates in the 1861-1865 Civil War, is seen as a symbol of racism and slavery by many but of Southern heritage by others. It has flown at the state capitol for more than 50 years.

South Carolina's House of Representatives overwhelmingly approved the bill just after 1 a.m. EDT on Thursday after a debate that began on Wednesday. The Senate passed it earlier in the week, also by a huge margin.

In a statement early Thursday, Haley said, "It is a new day in South Carolina, a day we can all be proud of, a day that truly brings us all together as we continue to heal, as one people and one state."

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) welcomed the move, calling the flag "one of the longest standing symbols of hatred and exclusion."
Confederate flag coming down in South Carolina after wrenching debate

Problem solved.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-09 12:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:
South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley pledged to sign legislation on Thursday permanently removing the Confederate battle flag from the state capitol grounds, following an emotional debate spurred by the massacre of nine black churchgoers last month.

Haley said she would sign the bill into law at 4 p.m. EDT, and Charleston's Post and Courier newspaper said the flag would be removed at 10 a.m. on Friday. It will be taken to the "relic room" of a military museum in Columbia, the state capital.

The flag nicknamed the "Stars and Bars," carried by Confederates in the 1861-1865 Civil War, is seen as a symbol of racism and slavery by many but of Southern heritage by others. It has flown at the state capitol for more than 50 years.

South Carolina's House of Representatives overwhelmingly approved the bill just after 1 a.m. EDT on Thursday after a debate that began on Wednesday. The Senate passed it earlier in the week, also by a huge margin.

In a statement early Thursday, Haley said, "It is a new day in South Carolina, a day we can all be proud of, a day that truly brings us all together as we continue to heal, as one people and one state."

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) welcomed the move, calling the flag "one of the longest standing symbols of hatred and exclusion."

Problem solved.

Could you clarify?

Its meaningless when you observe a group who has 2 choices and has never heard of one of them. The evil you know, etc

Hence why I mentioned that it was a bit early. The Republican field is still much closer in numbers even though most of them aren't exactly big names either. If you don't like my interpretation, I couldn't care less. It's still mine to make since you don't exactly have proof otherwise.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-09 12:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Who's laughing now? Why have election primaries become incrementally more comical since the following moment?

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-09 12:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Problem solved.

Groovy. I can't wait to see which vaguely-related, pointless fight the next disaster will spawn.
First Page 2 3 ... 749 750 751 ... 1375 1376 1377