Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 701 702 703 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 11:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Laconic said: »
To the internet to find the IKE lineage! Then right a paragraph about how none of it pertains to anything at all!

Politicians pander. They don't care how. It's what they do.

I know that I personally didn't say it was okay for the left, but not the right.

I think they're all a problem.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-25 12:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
It's pretty frightening that defamation now apparently occurs between two doctors who are "joking" around in the operating room.
Defamation is anything that is taken literally that is spoken to at least one other party.

There were at least three people in the operating room besides the patient (two doctors and a medical student). Likely there were nurses who were entering or leaving assisting in the procedure, not to mention any observations occuring outside.

They discussed lying to the patient after he woke up from anesthesia and they falsified medical records by placing a knowingly incorrect diagnosis on his chart.

Have you ever been under anesthesia or waited for a loved one to come out of surgery? A person is incredibly vulnerable and must trust the team working on them to
a) not harm them
b) respect their dignity

You are placing all of your trust on the competence and professionalism in a team of people who you have *usually* just met. The anesthesiologist assigned for a surgery is *usually* the first one available in a hospital, not someone you get to know and trust before hand.

@Ravael and Ramyrez

This wasn't a patient who was dying. There was no need to deal in gallows humor, which this wasn't. This was a snide doctor who got annoyed by her patient asking questions, stating his phobias, and explaining what other medicine he is currently on (something that doctors normally want patients to do). Someone she felt he needed to "man up" and deal with it.

Medical personnel can deal with crappy situations, long hours, and trauma. None of which seems to be occuring here.

Before you both give more anecdotal evidence of people you know in the medical field, so do I. I also had emergency surgery last year.

This was not acceptable behavior from professionals. This is the type of incident that also hinders other doctors and nurses gain the trust of laymen who have a very little understanding of what is about to occur and who are nervous. Routine procedures still carry risks and people undergoing them can and will be nervous.

It is the doctors and nurses responsiblity to calm and explain to the patient what is about to happen. If they didn't like dealing with people/patients they could have gone into research instead.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 12:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What part of "devil's advocate" was misunderstood?

I have said time and again this was inappropriate as a whole and in no way acceptable, but that I get in theory why there may be a few jokes going on in the operating room.

They just don't need to be at the expense of the patient.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-25 12:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

A surgeon, anesthesiologist and med. student walk into the operating room.
I was gonna make a joke. But I think the past 3-4 pages have done it for me.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-25 12:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Who knew medical ethics was such a hot topic !
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-25 12:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

I have said time and again this was inappropriate as a whole and in no way acceptable, but that I get in theory why there may be a few jokes going on in the operating room.

Srsly, people just assume the worst from comments on here. Apparently me thinking that medical professionals deal with a lot of difficult stuff and need a little humor here and there means that I endorse making fun of patients. Extrapolation much, Kara?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 12:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Srsly, people just assume the worst from comments on here.

To be fair, we go to extremes quite a bit.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-25 12:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to write a dissertation on medical ethics but I got sidetracked by tumblr rape stories !
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 12:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Yeah. It's almost like this is something that has serious real world implications and isn't just bickering about ideals and feels like we normally do.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 12:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to write a dissertation on medical ethics but I got sidetracked by tumblr rape stories !

Again.

We don't need to know about your sick fetishes.
By fonewear 2015-06-25 12:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. It's almost like this is something that has serious real world implications and isn't just bickering about ideals and feels like we normally do.

Real world that show is still on the air ?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-25 12:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They have a Hippocratic oath how many oaths you got to take before you can do your job ?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-25 12:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

They have a Hippocratic oath how many oaths you got to take before you can do your job ?

Is that like the Hypocritical Oath that you have to take before posting in political forums?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-25 12:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The FFXIAH oath is to take any topic and run with till someone mentions either Jews or Hilter. Then you move on !
By fonewear 2015-06-25 12:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that like the Hypocritical Oath that you have to take before posting in political forums?

The only hypocrites are people that don't post and are secretly outraged !
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 12:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you move on !

I never agreed to this.

Suing for violation of contract.
By fonewear 2015-06-25 12:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I looked into the Real World does exist but the ratings are so low you wouldn't even notice it !
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-25 12:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Srsly, people just assume the worst from comments on here. Apparently me thinking that medical professionals deal with a lot of difficult stuff and needing a little humor here and there means that I endorse making fun of patients. Extrapolation much, Kara?
Considering you stated you didn't know exactly where you stood on this I didn't extrapolate anything. You show sympathy with the patient and the doctor.

Yeah, I'm not sure whether I would defend the guy or not. A part of me says that professionalism is of course important, but the other part of me knows that hospital doctors use humor sometimes to take their minds off of the terrible things that they have to deal with on a regular basis.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-06-25 13:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Laconic said: »
To the internet to find the IKE lineage! Then write a paragraph about how none of it pertains to anything at all!

So, in regards to defending the Confederate flag, it has nothing to do with legacy (even though that seems to be the major defense at your convenience) or a legacy that is memorialized elsewhere and through different organizations? That flag is a major loss, though, huh?

Sense. You make zero.

Not that it matters, plenty of states are exercising their right to discard that flag.

/shrug

EDIT: I'll make sure to drop the "tongue in cheek" and nuance to your liking, but I feel as though that would make all interactions P&R just as subtle as, "Hey, y'all! I like ice cream!"
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-25 13:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Srsly, people just assume the worst from comments on here. Apparently me thinking that medical professionals deal with a lot of difficult stuff and needing a little humor here and there means that I endorse making fun of patients. Extrapolation much, Kara?
Considering you stated you didn't know exactly where you stood on this I didn't extrapolate anything. You show sympathy with the patient and the doctor.

Yeah, I'm not sure whether I would defend the guy or not. A part of me says that professionalism is of course important, but the other part of me knows that hospital doctors use humor sometimes to take their minds off of the terrible things that they have to deal with on a regular basis.

The source of my sympathy had to do with the ruling of the court. There was quite a lack of professionalism there, but the price seemed a bit steep for the "crime". I would have liked to see it focus more on the malpractice side for instructing the assistant to lie, as well as the false diagnosis.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-06-25 13:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lack of professionalism in the courts how?
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 13:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

No, he means there was lack of professionalism by the doctor, but the price for the non-malpractice portion of the award was high in his opinion (I read it the way you did at first too though).
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-25 13:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

No, he means there was lack of professionalism by the doctor, but the price for the non-malpractice portion of the award was high in his opinion (I read it the way you did at first too though).

Lol, thanks for the clarification.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-25 13:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

The source of my sympathy had to do with the ruling of the court. There was quite a lack of professionalism there, but the price seemed a bit steep for the "crime". I would have liked to see it focus more on the malpractice side for instructing the assistant to lie, as well as the false diagnosis.

Quote:
The jury awarded the man $100,000 for defamation — $50,000 each for the comments about the man having syphilis and tuberculosis — and $200,000 for medical malpractice, as well as the $200,000 in punitive damages.

?

Only two comments were considered defamation.

The majority of the award is for the medical malpractice and then punitive damages for the overall case.
By fonewear 2015-06-25 13:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Page 750 we finally agreed on what ethics is and what ethics isn't !

I smell and endless semantics argument.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-25 13:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, 200k for medical malpractice, which could have been higher. 100k for being a meany head though? I need to start taking people on the forums to court.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-25 13:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What is really shocking is the woman probably talks like that to everyone not just her patients !
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 13:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to start taking people on the forums to court.

Forget people here.

I'm owed a fortune by some friends from middle school for a pretty *** elaborate prank...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-06-25 13:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, 200k for medical malpractice, which could have been higher. 100k for being a meany head though? I need to start taking people on the forums to court.
By all means.

I am starting to wonder how many of you have ever been involved in or even witnessed a civil court case.
First Page 2 3 ... 701 702 703 ... 1375 1376 1377