Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 688 689 690 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-06-22 12:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone that does support the waving of the confederate flag around... why do you?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-22 12:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Laconic said: »
The simple fact that you do not understand that what I quoted and this
Ramyrez said: »
If the truth about you offends you, change yourself. But claiming that any form of the confederate/rebel flag is anything but the symbol of traitors and racists is ignorant.
is considered offensive shows just how hypocritical you truly are.

I understand why you think it's offensive.

But it really isn't. But report me if it makes you feel better.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-06-22 12:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also pretty happy this morning... all the crying over the "defamation" or whatever of the confederate flag from the people that usually sit there and lambaste others for being too sensitive or crying about other things makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-22 12:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

the official flag of the confederacy....and france

[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-22 12:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Ramyrez said: »
The fact that hate so constantly receives shelter as "free speech" in our country is, quite honestly, stomach-churning.

Being a verbal asshat should be allowed under free speech. Then others who disagree can counter the hateful comments.

If we take "hateful speech" to an illegal level it just pushes that culture underground and re-enforces the persecution complex that seems to be prevelant among those followers.

I'd rather know who I want to avoid socially, politically, and financially because they were allowed to be transparent.

Edit :
Hell >.> fixed

No, I understand that and agree largely, Kara.

The upsetting part to me is simply how many people like this there are.

Altima here is representative of far, far too many people.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-22 12:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

"In God We Trust", "One nation under God", or southern states flying the confederate flag, which one will be removed first? Taking bets now!
By Jetackuu 2015-06-22 12:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
"In God We Trust", "One nation under God", or southern states flying the confederate flag, which one will be removed first? Taking bets now!

I'll bet on after I'm dead.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-22 12:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I'm also pretty happy this morning... all the crying over the "defamation" or whatever of the confederate flag from the people that usually sit there and lambaste others for being too sensitive or crying about other things makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
Don't touch their feels, man!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-22 12:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason most 'rebels' fly the Confederate flag is to rile up liberals. They love it. A way to unnerve people by playing into a symbol that is pro-white, anti-everyone else.

In turn, for attention, I'm going to burn the Confederate flag then raise up the Imperial Japanese colors.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-06-22 12:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
The reason most 'rebels' fly the Confederate flag is to rile up liberals. They love it. A way to unnerve people by playing into a symbol that is pro-white, anti-everyone else.

In turn, for attention, I'm going to burn the Confederate flag then raise up the Imperial Japanese colors.
With a Gundam?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-22 12:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

With a Gundam?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-06-22 12:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't say it again, press the button.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-22 13:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

“EPIC” fail—how OPM hackers tapped the mother lode of espionage data
-Two separate "penetrations" exposed 14 million people's personal info.

Quote:
Government officials have been vague in their testimony about the data breaches—there was apparently more than one—at the Office of Personnel Management. But on Thursday, officials from OPM, the Department of Homeland Security, and the Department of the Interior revealed new information that indicates at least two separate systems were compromised by attackers within OPM's and Interior's networks. The first was the Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) system, an entity hosted for OPM at the Department of the Interior's shared service data center. The second was the central database behind EPIC, the suite of software used by OPM's Federal Investigative Service in order to collect data for government employee and contractor background investigations.

OPM has not yet revealed the full extent of the data exposed by the attack, but initial actions by the agency in response to the breaches indicate information of as many as 3.2 million federal employees (both current federal employees and retirees) was exposed. However, new estimates in light of this week's revelations have soared, estimating as many as 14 million people in and outside government will be affected by the breach—including uniformed military and intelligence personnel. It is, essentially, the biggest potential "doxing" in history. And if true, personal details from nearly everyone who works for the government in some capacity may now be in the hands of a foreign government. This fallout is the culmination of years of issues such as reliance on outdated software and contracting large swaths of security work elsewhere (including China).

The damage done to national security by this breach far exceeds anything that could be claimed in relationship to the documents leaked by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden. In total, more than 10 million people have active background investigation files in the CVS—either because they have been investigated for a security clearance, or just to obtain permission to work inside federal facilities. Those include all the data from the SF-85 and SF-86 personal survey forms they have filled out detailing much of their personal lives. They include police, fire, and other emergency personnel at state and local levels who have contact with federal anti-terror "fusion" centers, DOD investigators and intelligence analysts. The only agency that may not have been affected is the CIA, which maintains its own background investigation and clearance system.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-22 14:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I speculate that whoever did this is looking for something very specific and as a side project now has some ability to blackmail others and/or make money as a secondary objective.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-22 14:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I speculate that whoever did this is looking for something very specific and as a side project now has some ability to blackmail others and/or make money as a secondary objective.

The secret to Cinnamon Toast Crunch won't be revealed so easy.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-22 14:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I speculate that whoever did this is looking for something very specific.

three words.
"military intelligence contractors"
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-22 17:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Three Republican candidates for president, Sens. Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and former Sen. Rick Santorum said this morning they would return or donate thousands of dollars possibly linked to the head of the Council of Conservative Citizens, which the Southern Poverty Law Center calls a white supremacist group. The group was cited in a purported manifesto believed linked to the suspect in last week’s massacre at a church in Charleston, South Carolina.
Republican Presidential Candidates Say They Will Return or Donate Contributions From So-Called White Supremacist Leader
By fonewear 2015-06-22 17:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The secret to Cinnamon Toast Crunch won't be revealed so easy.

The secret to Cinnamon Toast Crunch is crystal meth !
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-22 19:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I am truly stunned at the arrogance of people who feel justified in banning the flag. I'm reminded of my Jr. high history teacher teaching us about the civil war, making the argument that you can't reduce the conflict to "slavery". He flunked anyone who did, as it demonstrated "a severe lack of critical thinking skills".

It's pretty absurd to stick you fingers in your ears, cover your eyes and just stamp your feet that it means what you feel it does. Heavily intolerant too. The idea that we need to ban something because someone somewhere interprets offense from it is nothing short of lunacy.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-22 19:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well being a liberal everything offends me. So ban them all. Ban them all to hell !

Ban white people also those devils.
 Cerberus.Laconic
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-22 19:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I'm reminded of my Jr. high history teacher teaching us about the civil war, making the argument that you can't reduce the conflict to "slavery". He flunked anyone who did, as it demonstrated "a severe lack of critical thinking skills".

Don't worry common core will take care of problems like this.

It's pretty absurd to stick you fingers in your ears, cover your eyes and just stamp your feet that it means what you feel it does. Heavily intolerant too. The idea that we need to ban something because someone somewhere interprets offense from it is nothing short of lunacy.

Sounds like the status quo for quite a few posters around here.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-22 19:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the basis for flying the confederate flag again?
 Cerberus.Laconic
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-22 19:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Whats the basis for living in a free country?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-22 19:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, its become quite apparent that you like to answer questions with questions, also known as deflecting. If you can't answer that's fine, I wasn't expecting anything.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-22 20:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Could it possibly be anything but why YOU would fly a confederate flag?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-22 20:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh, apparently its becoming a pattern with certain posters to answer questions with questions.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-22 20:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm reminded of my Jr. high history teacher teaching us about the civil war, making the argument that you can't reduce the conflict to "slavery". He flunked anyone who did, as it demonstrated "a severe lack of critical thinking skills".

There are bad teachers, surprise.

To push people's buttons. Seriously, though, you don't see people flying swastika's very often. Not because less people are aware of it's original meaning, but because it's far more acceptable to be passively racist against blacks than jews.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-22 20:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Again with the Jews can we go one day without em !
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-22 20:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You know the swastika symbolizes something OTHER than Nazism right?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-22 20:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You know the swastika symbolizes something OTHER than Nazism right?

Oh sure nausi, those white supremacists definitely fly the swastika for those OTHER reasons. And Germany banned the swastika for those same OTHER reasons.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 688 689 690 ... 1375 1376 1377