Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 686 687 688 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-22 03:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
So like what's the cut off point? If you have less than 3 friends and do not engage with them socially for at least 5 hours a week, you can't get a gun?

Smoke pot, but did cocaine, so no gun?

What drugs are you allowed to get caught with and with ones are you not allowed to get caught with to be denied a gun?

Should police be checking your Instagram and Facebook pages to determine if you get a gun?

You have to play Call of Duty with the local sheriff's pre-teen son. If you get called a noob, no gun for you.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-22 06:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

According to a report he was going to commit suicide but he ran out of bullets.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dylann-roof-wanted-massacre-suicide-victim-son-article-1.2266039
By fonewear 2015-06-22 07:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just perfect for the media's "racist Republican agenda"

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/21/dylann-roof-manifesto-charlston-shootings-republicans
By Jetackuu 2015-06-22 07:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Denied or abridged is used about a half a dozen times in the same manner and has the same meaning
No they aren't, and no it doesn't.

I'm not saying that those other words aren't used, but they aren't used in the same manner, nor do they have the same meaning. The people who wrote this ***were much smarter than you, if they wanted to use the same word they would have.

I just find it funny that you justify infringement when it doesn't affect you, but even the assertion that mass shootings don't take place with near the frequency anywhere else in the world gets you all up in arms about the 2nd amendment.

Um, no I don't, on both.

I support no infringement.

Also the reasoning the mention of that is followed by suggestions that we need to infringe on the right to bear arms, so yes I'll defend my rights.

The statistic are easily found. In 2014 there were about 16,000 reported home invasions including burglary and assaults. There were almost 20,000 no-knock warrants served in the same year. I said almost as likely, it appears you're more likely.
There's a whole 'nother disturbing factor of that. Aside from the sheer absurdity of no-knock warrants.

(had friends growing up so not a mental disorder)

Since when does having friends preclude one from having or developing a mental disorder?

So like what's the cut off point? If you have less than 3 friends and do not engage with them socially for at least 5 hours a week, you can't get a gun?

Smoke pot, but did cocaine, so no gun?

What drugs are you allowed to get caught with and with ones are you not allowed to get caught with to be denied a gun?

Should police be checking your Instagram and Facebook pages to determine if you get a gun?
The full pull of all guns in civilian hands is their goal, don't let them tell you any different.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-22 07:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Considering they mentioned in the article three seperate times that Ted Cruz would be returning the money donated to his campaign from the "Council of Concerned Citizens" I'm not sure where you got the "Republicans are racists".

The current president of Council of Concerned Citizens definately sounds like a racist, from his own words (if the man in charge of press for this group is correct in stating that they are comments from Holt).

Should the press not report that Dylan Roof's supposed manifesto credits Council of Concerned Citizens with informing him of the black on white crime which is one of his supposed reasons for shooting up a church?

Should the press not then research the political donations of that group? They looked at the groups FEC filings and found out about the donations. They also found out Holt (the president of the Council of Concerned Citizens) self-described himself as a slumlord.
Quote:
Holt has since 2012 contributed $8,500 to Cruz, the Texas senator running for the Republican presidential nomination, and his Jobs, Growth and Freedom Fund political action committee, according to Federal Election Commission (FEC) filings. On some filings Holt’s occupation was listed as “slumlord”.

They also searched for Holt's comments on social media and websites.

I will say the title of the article could be better. The article starts talking about the donations but then goes into Holt's background/comments, which I think is the focus of the article versus the political donations. I also think the article could be better formatted, (topic delineation) but I have that complaint about most Guardian articles.

As a voter I like knowing who politicians receive donations from. Whether that is large corporations, small businesses, criminals, "special interests", or activist organizations. It's been shown in several studies that doners can influence political policy. Not that they always do, but that it can happen. It's one of the reasons why tons of articles -about both parties- are written about who they accept money from.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-06-22 08:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The statistic are easily found. In 2014 there were about 16,000 reported home invasions including burglary and assaults. There were almost 20,000 no-knock warrants served in the same year. I said almost as likely, it appears you're more likely.
I don't know where in the *** you get your "numbers" at, but real, actual FBI statistics state that there were 1,289,030 reported residential burglaries in 2013. Not "16,000". Since each single residential burglary falls under the "home invasion" definition (not including assaults), that's significantly more than your "number".

So, next time, if you are going to spout ***, I would suggest you back it up so we can also laugh at your "source"

And no, there is no harassment in this post.
By fonewear 2015-06-22 08:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Because one guy that kills people speaking for an entire political party...

What if he donated to the Democratic party would the Democrats be racist then ?

His political views to me aren't important. If you kill someone I don't think "boy I bet this person was a Democrat or Republican."

I tend to think this guy is pretty *** up. Wonder why he did it. etc

The news doesn't care that he killed black people. They care about whether or not he is/was racist. etc. The fact that he murdered people is an afterthought.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-22 08:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If the people he killed were all white the story would be "Crazy guy kills white people" Nothing to see here folks back to your regular scheduled broadcasting.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-22 08:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Because one guy that kills people speaking for an entire political party...

What if he donated to the Democratic party would the Democrats be racist then ?
Considering the article never stated that Republicans are racist I'm not sure what you are getting at.

The president of the organization that donated money to certain Republicans looks to have racist tendencies.

But as stated in the article some of those politicians are now refunding those donations.

If Democrat politicians accepted money from a self-proclaimed slumlord, I'd like to know. Wouldn't you?

To your edit:
His political views to me aren't important. If you kill someone I don't think "boy I bet this person was a Democrat or Republican."

I tend to think this guy is pretty *** up. Wonder why he did it. etc

The news doesn't care that he killed black people. They care about whether or not he is/was racist. etc. The fact that he murdered people is an afterthought.

If you wonder why he did it and his political views are supposedly apart of why he did it (not Democrat vs. Republican, but actual political stances), why don't those views matter?

They didn't say Roof was a Republican.

He -again supposedly- wrote a manifesto saying why he did it and credits this group for opening his eyes. This group donates money to some Republicans.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-06-22 08:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a *** up thing regardless of who did it, why and who died.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-22 08:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
It's a *** up thing regardless of who did it, why and who died.

That is my point.
By fonewear 2015-06-22 08:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What if he claimed women were behind his killings. Would the media suddenly say he is a misogynistic pig that hated every woman he ever met ?

The media is going to milk this story so much that 2 weeks from now they are still trying to come up with ways of keeping it on the air.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-22 08:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If the people he killed were all white the story would be "Crazy guy kills white people" Nothing to see here folks back to your regular scheduled broadcasting.
Oh ***.

There was a state senator killed. This would be making news no matter what. Frankly, that is getting less attention by most news organizations than that he was a reverand and that it happened in a church.

Most mass killings that get attention in this country are about kids.

Any shooting involving churchs get tons of attention.

Any shooting involving terrorism, snipers, etc some "exciting" element gets attention.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-22 08:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You are missing my point but I'm not going to state it over and over.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-22 08:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What if he claimed women were behind his killings. Would the media suddenly say he is a misogynistic pig that hated every woman he ever met ?

The media is going to milk this story so much that 2 weeks from now they are still trying to come up with ways of keeping it on the air.
Didn't you just say you wondered why he did it?

You can't want answers but want those answers ignored, at the same time. Well, you can but I hope someone would call you out on it.

This is the same exact pattern that every national spot-light killer receives. Killers make people watch or read the news, and that generates revenue.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-22 08:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No. It wouldn't.

The same people would be upset.

The same people would be trying to ignore it or pass it off as one crazy person.

John Stewart hit this ***on the head, the problem is no one who needs to hear anything he said and take it to heart would even watch, let alone consider listening, to what he said.

All the insanity we go through, all the hoops we jump through, to "fight terrorism" and the like globally is a joke, because if/when this country burns, it's going to come from inside, from people like this piece of ***shooter banding together.

We'll make excuse, after excuse, after excuse to say that, as a culture, we have no responsibility for this and it's just one crazy, after another, after another.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-22 08:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Because when all those kids died in Newtown the media said 'nothing to see here folks'. Or when all those people died at The Dark Knight Rises premiere. Or when that guy gunned down a bunch of female college students. Or that dude lost his handle at Fort Hood.

Cmon bruh.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-22 08:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Because when all those kids died in Newtown the media said 'nothing to see here folks'. Or when all those people died at The Dark Knight Rises premiere. Or when that guy gunned down a bunch of female college students. Or that dude lost his handle at Fort Hood.

Cmon bruh.

Lies ! Sandy Hook was a false flag perpetrated by the government to get gun control !
By fonewear 2015-06-22 08:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

No. It wouldn't.

The same people would be trying to ignore it or pass it off as one crazy person.

John Stewart hit this ***on the head, the problem is no one who needs to hear anything he said and take it to heart would even watch, let alone consider listening, to what he said.

All the insanity we go through, all the hoops we jump through, to "fight terrorism" and the like globally is a joke, because if/when this country burns, it's going to come from inside, from people like this piece of ***shooter banding together.

We'll make excuse, after excuse, after excuse to say that, as a culture, we have no responsibility for this and it's just one crazy, after another, after another.

So we are all responsible for some guy killing black people. Because we are too busy not giving a *** ? So how are we supposed to stop things like this then ? Care more ?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-22 08:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No. It wouldn't.

So we are all responsible for some guy killing black people. Because we are too busy not giving a *** ? So how are we supposed to stop things like this then ? Care more ?

You don't have to do anything. Just stop pretending like the media is somehow only interested in cases of racism when every major mass murder turns into a media circus.

It's become a sad joke in this country. 2 months pass, a dozen or so people will die in a mass shooting. This one happened to strike at the heart of a race problem because:

1. Southern blacks are very religious.
2. That church has special abolitionist / civil rights significance.
3. It harkens back to the good old days of firebombings and acts of terror against blacks in the US.

You see how this would ruffle a few feathers?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-22 08:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You had me at I don't have to do anything. I don't want the responsibility of being the great racial healer !

The only reasonable thing to do is to get on Twitter and post #blacklivesmatter
By Ramyrez 2015-06-22 08:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that hate so constantly receives shelter as "free speech" in our country is, quite honestly, stomach-churning. That it's frequently combined with -- and disguised as -- a religion that's supposedly about peace and loving your fellow man is a satire unto itself in modern culture, though the humor got lost somewhere between Bull Run and Appomattox.
By fonewear 2015-06-22 08:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Loving your fellow men since when did people do that ?

Hell we don't even talk to strangers and you want people to love each other ?
By fonewear 2015-06-22 08:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think religion or guns are the problem people are by nature the problem. It's a society problem. Not something that can be pinpointed with a simple "racism guns etc"
By Jetackuu 2015-06-22 08:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

stomach-churning
Yeah, I take issue with it too. However I'd still rather them be able to say it than to go down that path.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-22 08:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

war on gays documentary if anyone has a half hour and cares.

uniquely nasty..
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-22 09:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Loving your fellow men since when did people do that ?

there are quite a few nightclubs...bars....discos...parks...

and I hear public bathrooms are good place to meet george michael...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-22 09:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think religion or guns are the problem people are by nature the problem. It's a society problem. Not something that can be pinpointed with a simple "racism guns etc"

Well, you're halfway there.

Racism and gun violence are (sadly just two of) society's problems.
By fonewear 2015-06-22 09:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
war on gays documentary if anyone has a half hour and cares.

uniquely nasty..

War on gays I bet it is fabulous though !
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-22 09:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I don't know where in the *** you get your "numbers" at, but real, actual FBI statistics state that there were 1,289,030 reported residential burglaries in 2013. Not "16,000". Since each single residential burglary falls under the "home invasion" definition (not including assaults), that's significantly more than your "number".

So, next time, if you are going to spout ***, I would suggest you back it up so we can also laugh at your "source"

And no, there is no harassment in this post.

That's total property crime, bubba.
First Page 2 3 ... 686 687 688 ... 1375 1376 1377