Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 677 678 679 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-19 08:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Losing weight and being fit isn't for the best, it's communist drivel! She'll have us in fitness camps pumping iron, running 400 meter dashes and being in the best shape of our lives!

Hell no, we won't go.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-19 08:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Texas is trying to free themselves from the tyranny of Michelle's healthy eating initiative once again.

I find it amusing so many people stick to their guns of Nancy's absolute failure "just say no" campaign all these years later, but Michelle's initiative to get kids to be less fat -- something people constantly *** about, including conservatives -- is met with partisan cockwaving.

There's a difference between Nancy Reagan and Michelle Obama. One of them launched an advertising campaign with dubious success. The other is trying to force through legislation with dubious success. It's beyond the typical realm of "Oh, that's cute" first lady initiatives and directly impacts the freedoms of people.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-19 08:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I just can't believe that it's been politicized.

we're evil ***... we hate everything...what part are you having trouble believing?

we did the same thing to nancy and babs and hilldog and laura....
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-19 09:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
directly impacts the freedoms of people.

Are you against the various cigarette and alcohol warnings and restrictions as well?

If not, where does "common sense" end and "infringement of rights" begin?

I don't want the government dictating my diet any more than you do, but the thing is, tastes and food preferences develop very early in childhood. Even in the womb, if recent research is accurate. If you want to fight childhood obesity, feeding them high fat/sugar/salt foods directly influences them negatively for a lifetime.

And I can tell you right now that, as someone who was raised by loving parents who simply didn't know any better, and who has foresworn (nearly) all fried food, it's difficult to even pass a fast food restaurant on the highway and not salivate copiously at the smell of their fryer fans.

I don't personally believe it's inappropriate to ban high fat/sugar/salt foods from being prepared by schools. Even if parents want to pack that in their child's lunch, that's their choice. But the school itself shouldn't be providing it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-19 09:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

directly impacts the freedoms of people.

Are you against the various cigarette and alcohol warnings and restrictions as well?

Warnings? Lol. What Michelle is doing is more akin to prohibition than "warning".

If not, where does "common sense" end and "infringement of rights" begin?

When it was no longer a campaign of education and became a campaign of legislation.

Funny how people would politicize something that is going through the political process of lawmaking.
That's unheard of.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-19 09:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

When it was no longer a campaign of education and became a campaign of legislation.

I don't think it's fair to say Nancy's campaign was not one of legislation, given the utter lack of compassion of the Reagan administration's stance on drug crime.
By fonewear 2015-06-19 09:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

We really on to banning fried foods. This is a new low even for P and R !
By fonewear 2015-06-19 09:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, there's worse ways to prepare food, but not many. Texas is trying to free themselves from the tyranny of Michelle's healthy eating initiative once again.

Michelle has be photographed many times eating said fried food!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-19 09:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny how people would politicize something that is going through the political process of lawmaking.
That's unheard of.

There is nothing partisan about preventing our youth from childhood diabetes. The only reason there is opposition to the legislation is because it's coming from Obama's direction. It's blatant brinksmanship.
By fonewear 2015-06-19 09:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

She is one of those do what I say not what I do people !
By fonewear 2015-06-19 09:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would a first lady tell people what to eat. Isn't that the job of the parents of kids ?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-19 09:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That's unheard of.

There is nothing partisan about preventing our youth from childhood diabetes. The only reason there is opposition to the legislation is because it's coming from Obama's direction. It's blatant brinksmanship.

Everything is political even food !
By Ramyrez 2015-06-19 09:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That's unheard of.

The fact that's going on in Texas, the ultimate "we're going to prove our independence by not doing that because you told us to do it" state should be an immediate indicator of this too, but whatever.

They're your kids, not mine. Let 'em be fat little swollen pustules dependent on insulin by 40.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-06-19 09:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Trans Fats are getting the ban hammer. I believe they have three years to phase em out of the system.

I don't get it either. It seems like people have been taught its bad and they agree that it's bad but since someone is now telling me that I can't do it I will now fight the hell out of it and make sure to do it anyways!

Why is it that some things we just let go and legislate things that we must adhere to and no one really cares and then there are just some things that if it happens its like HOW DARE YOU!!!!?!?!?
By fonewear 2015-06-19 09:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Who gives a damn if people eat fried food. If little Billy wants to deep fry a Snickers bar let em !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-19 09:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems Americans have become so fixated on 'muh freedoms!' that they've lost all touch with reality.

You know, that the country is suffering from unprecedented obesity and diabetes. Ah well, seems like the only thing that'll get it through those thick skulls is coronary heart failure and asthma.

BUT I WANT MY TRANS FATS AND DEEP FRIED AMERICAN FLAG NUGGETS.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-19 09:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The point isn't to prevent people from eating all fried food.

It's to prevent schools from cramming kids full of it.

You know. School. The place where we educate them and make them attending physical fitness classes, by law.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-19 09:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Who gives a damn if people eat fried food. If little Billy wants to deep fry a Snickers bar let em !

When you're clogging up the healthcare system you become all of our problems.
By fonewear 2015-06-19 09:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

School stopped being about education years ago it is a government run day care center.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-19 09:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You know. School. The place where we educate them and make them attending physical fitness classes, by law.

Public school is communist. Public school are liberal indoctrination camps. Home school your children.
By fonewear 2015-06-19 09:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Don't worry Hillary care is coming ! It's basically Obama care but with a feminine touch !
By Ramyrez 2015-06-19 09:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

School stopped being about education years ago it is a government run day care center.

Aren't you high enough in the troll hierarchy yet that there's a bridge you should be living under?

Preferably a decaying one that sees a lot of tractor trailer traffic?
By fonewear 2015-06-19 09:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Public school is communist. Public school are liberal indoctrination camps. Home school your children.

Change that to college and you are on point !
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-19 09:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That's unheard of.

jassik reminds me of this one creepy date rape guy named Ben that would rub your shoulders (regardless of your gender) and try to get you to relax and just let it happen...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-19 09:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry Hillary care is coming ! It's basically Obama care but with a feminine touch !

Sounds pretty defeatist bro.

Rand Paul '16!
By Ramyrez 2015-06-19 09:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

but with a feminine touch !

That thing you apparently so desperately need but can't manage to get for...you know, I just don't know, Fone. You seem like such a catch.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-19 09:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That's unheard of.

You can't force people to be healthy. If they want to get fat and die, that's their choice. Tell me again how you're a libertarian?
By fonewear 2015-06-19 09:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If this is turning into a sarcasm contest...who decides who wins !

If everyone is being sarcastic no one wins.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-19 09:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That's unheard of.

You can't force people to be healthy. If they want to get fat and die, that's their choice. Tell me again how you're a libertarian?

Schools are government organizations. If parents want their kids to be obese health hazards, they can pack a sack lunch.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-19 09:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If this is turning into a sarcasm contest...who decides who wins !

If everyone is being sarcastic no one wins.

You only say that because you think it makes you unique to be a sarcastic *** about everything. :p
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 677 678 679 ... 1375 1376 1377