Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 653 654 655 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2015-06-10 15:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
There might be a case of some girl who has advanced herself through life, made a successful career, etc. and doesn't have a boyfriend, but I'm not aware of such an instance offhand.

I've had several college professors like that, though admittedly many would accuse them of being feminists, lesbians, etc. etc.

Edit: I also had a college professor who at the time I knew her was married to someone who later became a good friend of mine, though they got divorced in the interim.

That's sort of a messed up scenario. "Uh, yeah. She taught me stuff...uh...so she did that huh? *painface*"
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 15:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
fonewear said: »
The people I see at bars etc use backwards baseball caps to try to get women. I'm not sure if it works but they are trying at least !

Probably more successful than fedoras.
I convinced my Jewish friend here to buy a fedora last week. Now he sports it all the time when we/he head(s) to the cafes (bars) here. I'm not sure how successful he's been with it, but it seems like it has built up his confidence surprisingly, lol.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-10 15:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

but it seems like it has built up his confidence surprisingly,

A good hat does that!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-10 15:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I prefer people who take off their hat, whichever it is, when they enter a place.

Right!?

When did people stop being taught this!?
By fonewear 2015-06-10 15:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The hyper masculine man is cartoonish in his ways sustaining himself on cool ranch Doritios Coors Light and MMA tap out t shirts ! You will notice his devil may care attitude from across the room !

He will dare thee to get on his level !
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-10 15:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Anecdotal, but I think there was more interest in finding an identity in the realm of "girly-dom" from ages eleven to thirteen that gradually falls away as you reach a level of comfort/affirmation with yourself. That level of comfort ends up being the cue to return to/rediscover your prior hobbies/interests or expand them. I think it happens at different ages with different girls, maybe in different atmospheres among different peers?

I can't think of too many girls who reached high school that were overly enthusiastic about and emphasized use make-up and constantly preening. I remember there being more "So-and-so is cute!" and passing notes with boys in middle school than anything else. Then again, I graduated in a class just a hair under 150 where most of us all knew each other from extracurriculars from early-childhood on. Maybe we all knew each other enough not to give a flying ***, given the span of time we all interacted with each other made us all overly comfortable with each other (guys and gals alike)?

I think I need to backread to see what all this hub-bub is about.

This was my experience, as well. You went through the "boy crazy" stage in middle school. By high school there was a lot more stuff to do and having to be at school by 7:00am changed how much time you spent prepping.

Not that this didn't happen, but it wasn't the norm.

When I went to school dating started in middle school, so by 14 all girls already acted like "experts"(not so much boys who looked like babies so everyone dated older guys...sorry boys).

My experience -for the most part- as well. Lots of my friends were not dating our peers but 17-18 year olds, and in some cases, guys in their late 20's and 30's. Which seems majorly creepy now.

Quote:
Also I think I mentioned it before but there's this strange ritual where I live which repeates every saturday night:

girls gather in the main square of the town and stand there even for hours doing absolutely nothing, while boys circle around them on scooters, and I mean literally circle aroud them cause they do laps around town on their bikes trying to pick up girls. As the night goes on some girls have been picked up while others unimpressed by guys leave with their friends. Then everyone find themselves again at the clubs where they dance and drink..

Ah, youth...
Interesting and very different from anything I've seen in the states or denmark.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 15:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

See how that works? He gets me interested in working again making a ton of money and in return I help him build up his self-confidence by sporting a fedora in order to get laid. Win/win. (Maybe a better summary?)
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-06-10 15:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anecdotal, but I think there was more interest in finding an identity in the realm of "girly-dom" from ages eleven to thirteen that gradually falls away as you reach a level of comfort/affirmation with yourself. That level of comfort ends up being the cue to return to/rediscover your prior hobbies/interests or expand them. I think it happens at different ages with different girls, maybe in different atmospheres among different peers?
I would guess this return to hobbies/interests really only occurs though once you've abide by the social pressure to find a mate.

Actually dating and having a real relationship at eleven to thirteen?!? LOL!

Most of us P&R participants are at the age when holding hands or a peck at the movie theater during 'Jurassic Park II' was a big deal, right?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-10 15:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Help save a bro:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 15:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
My experience -for the most part- as well. Lots of my friends were not dating our peers but 17-8 year olds, and in some cases, guys in their late 20's and 30's. Which seems majorly creepy now.
I remember thinking back then how creepy it was that 16-17 year old girls would brag about their boyfriends who were in the mid 20's and beyond. But then again I've always been a big fan of the theory that girls and boys roughly around the same age should be working together to discover and navigate through life. Not many people I know subscribe to this theory however.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-10 15:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

President Obama to boost army advisers in Iraq

Oh look, Obama and Iraq decided that the problem was a lack of training after all.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 15:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I would guess this return to hobbies/interests really only occurs though once you've abide by the social pressure to find a mate.

Actually dating and having a real relationship at eleven to thirteen?!? LOL!

Most of us P&R participants are at the age when holding hands or a peck at the movie theater during 'Jurassic Park II' was a big deal, right?
I think we had a miscommunication on that.

But yes, in high school, holding hands, going to see a movie, a kiss in the hallways at school was a big deal back then.

Also:
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 15:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look, Obama and Iraq decided that the problem was a lack of training after all.
What they need is more civics books to teach the ways of democracy.
By fonewear 2015-06-10 15:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Holding hands. I won't do that now I don't know where that hand has been !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-10 15:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My big pet peeve is way too much public display of affection. I get it you are in love could you stop being so in your face about it !
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-10 15:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

My big pet peeve is way too much public display of affection. I get it you are in love could you stop be so in your face about it !
I don't care personally and I'm not sure why a lot of people do honestly. I mean unless they're doing it in your lap I just don't see the problem with it.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 15:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My big pet peeve is way too much public display of affection. I get it you are in love could you stop be so in your face about it !
The worst is when you're the 3rd wheel and they start slobbering all over each while you're hanging out.

Some couples are great and know how to hang out, others have no clue and if you point out their over the top PDA they (usually the guy) get offended. Then then can't figure out why nobody wants to hang out with them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-10 15:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

?
Quote:
President Obama made the decision following a request from Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Al-Abadi, it said.
It's the second sentence in the article.
By fonewear 2015-06-10 15:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

?
Quote:
President Obama made the decision following a request from Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Al-Abadi, it said.

That's funny cause I didn't read the first sentence !
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-10 15:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

?
Quote:

Yes... hence why I said "Obama and Iraq". It's the third through fifth words of my sentence.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-10 15:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There might be a case of some girl who has advanced herself through life, made a successful career, etc. and doesn't have a boyfriend, but I'm not aware of such an instance offhand.
Dixy Lee Ray

Or a girl friend either.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-10 15:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Dixy Lee Ray

Or a girl friend either.

With a name like dixie my lesbian alarm is going off !

That and those little cups you get.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 15:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

?
Quote:
I don't think that was his point, nor did he miss that as evident in his statement.

Iraqi prime minister made the request and (in theory) Obama considered the request and both came to the same conclusion.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-10 15:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care personally and I'm not sure why a lot of people do honestly. I mean unless they're doing it in your lap I just don't see the problem with it.

I don't mind people hugging or holding hands or any other reasonable form of affection, but making out and groping is too much. Incidentally, we have an obscenity law that has actually been applied to PDA's locally, which I think is moronic. Tact shouldn't be policed.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-06-10 15:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

I can't think of too many girls who reached high school that were overly enthusiastic about and emphasized use make-up and constantly preening. I remember there being more "So-and-so is cute!" and passing notes with boys in middle school than anything else. Then again, I graduated in a class just a hair under 150 where most of us all knew each other from extracurriculars from early-childhood on. Maybe we all knew each other enough not to give a flying ***, given the span of time we all interacted with each other made us all overly comfortable with each other (guys and gals alike)?

I think I need to backread to see what all this hub-bub is about.

This was my experience, as well. You went through the "boy crazy" stage in middle school. By high school there was a lot more stuff to do and having to be at school by 7:00am changed how much time you spent prepping.

Not that this didn't happen, but it wasn't the norm.

Retrospectively thinking, the entire "boy crazy" phase was egged on by being around other girls, in a way. "Oh, wait! I'm suppose to be investing myself in boys now? She says so-and-so likes me, and we were playing baseball in the field behind the neighborhood last year? This is what I'm suppose to do now, I guess?" I think that was the most awkward age.

Better slap on that glitter eyeshadow (as if you know what the Hell you're doing)! In ten to fifteen years when you stumble on those pictures you're going to have a hearty laugh!

Same. Sleep is a valuable thing once you officially hit your teens. To Hell with morning preening! It became more about practicality to me also in HS. You may get there at 7:00 AM, but when all is said and done after extracurriculars, you might not get out until 5:00 PM.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 15:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Tact shouldn't be policed.
In theory, yes. However, tact is lost on many people today.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-06-10 15:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

What they need is more civics books to teach the ways of democracy.
I originally read this as "they need more Honda civics", then read it aloud, and went "WTF... that can't be right" and read it again.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 15:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Retrospectively thinking, the entire "boy crazy" phase was egged on by being around other girls, in a way. "Oh, wait! I'm suppose to be investing myself with boys now? She says so-and-so likes me, and we were playing baseball in the field behind the neighborhood last year? This is what I'm suppose to do now, I guess?" I think that was the most awkward age.
It happens the other way too.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-06-10 15:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember thinking back then how creepy it was that 16-17 year old girls would brag about their boyfriends who were in the mid 20's and beyond. But then again I've always been a big fan of the theory that girls and boys roughly around the same age should be working together to discover and navigate through life. Not many people I know subscribe to this theory however.

The very few girls in my school who were into older guys usually weren't the ones in AP or participated in sports/clubs/UIL competitions.

They didn't do much of anything outside of HS.

EDIT: Oh, yes. I know, Chaos. LOL! What's funny are those conversations about that period that crop up in your twenties. Everyone has a good laugh!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 653 654 655 ... 1375 1376 1377