Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 513 514 515 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Jetackuu 2015-04-30 00:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Traditional marriage was for money/power, this love bull is a modern construct.

It's silly anyway, as marriage predates modern religion, the bigots just need to give up and move along.

edit: in search of somebody to photoshop the Pleebo signal out of that shirt I posted.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-30 00:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmkay, I'm just not sure how the article was supposed to actually mean anything when it just badly regurgitated common knowledge. It wasn't groundbreaking, it wasn't interesting, it was just rally cry to give people reasons to bash other people's beliefs during a major court case. In other words, it was pointless, hot-button clickbait.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-04-30 00:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Mmkay, I'm just not sure how the article was supposed to actually mean anything when it just badly regurgitated common knowledge. It wasn't groundbreaking, it wasn't interesting, it was just rally cry to give people reasons to bash other people's beliefs during a major court case. In other words, it was pointless, hot-button clickbait.
welcome to cracked.com?

people who make their beliefs public knowledge give all the reason and ammo to bash them, nothing else is needed.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-30 00:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
people who make their beliefs public knowledge give all the reason and ammo to bash them, nothing else is needed.

Excellent, we'll call you Exhibit A.
[+]
By EpicFantasy 2015-04-30 00:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't need to read the other part to read that tidbit.

/headdesk

that'sthejoke.jpg
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-04-30 00:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

A counterargument isn't considered bashing. Unless you're oversensitive or threatened about it, I guess.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-04-30 00:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellent, we'll call you Exhibit A.
good thing I almost never talk about my beliefs, but nice attempt there buddy.
By Jetackuu 2015-04-30 00:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
A counterargument isn't considered bashing. Unless you're oversensitive or threatened about it, I guess.
all dissension is an attack, don'tya know?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-30 00:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

good thing I almost never talk about my beliefs, but nice attempt there buddy.

Opinions, whatever. You still provide plenty of ammo.

Let's see, I see the words "crazy" and "ridiculous" in reference to other people's views. Also, you clearly didn't read the comment section.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-30 04:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprise, interest rate hike postponed again.

Quote:
The Federal Reserve downgraded its view of the U.S. labor market and economy on Wednesday in a policy statement that suggested the central bank may have to wait until at least the third quarter to begin raising interest rates.

The Fed's statement put in place a meeting-by-meeting approach on the timing of its first rate hike since June 2006, making such a decision solely dependent on incoming economic data.

The data, however, have been getting worse. Just hours before the Fed's statement, the U.S. government reported that first-quarter gross domestic product came in much weaker than expected.
Fed's downgrade of economic outlook signals longer rate hike wait
By charlo999 2015-04-30 05:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to print more money......again.
They are never gonna raise rates. It would kill the economy.
Which is already dying. Just slowly ATM.
By rkhan 2015-04-30 06:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It feels like r/atheism in here. All we need is a few fedoras.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-30 06:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Surprise, interest rate hike postponed again.

Quote:
The Federal Reserve downgraded its view of the U.S. labor market and economy on Wednesday in a policy statement that suggested the central bank may have to wait until at least the third quarter to begin raising interest rates.

The Fed's statement put in place a meeting-by-meeting approach on the timing of its first rate hike since June 2006, making such a decision solely dependent on incoming economic data.

The data, however, have been getting worse. Just hours before the Fed's statement, the U.S. government reported that first-quarter gross domestic product came in much weaker than expected.
Fed's downgrade of economic outlook signals longer rate hike wait
They are waiting until the one major drag in the US economy is out of office on 1/20/17. Hopefully there wouldn't be another major drag to the US economy to replace him.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2015-04-30 06:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I, too, find historical facts terribly upsetting.

You're right. I should let the behaviors of rich roman dudes from the first century dictate my views on more things. Thanks a lot Cracked! Your cherry-picking of history and barely on-topic facts have foiled me again!
Either that, or have poor middle-eastern dudes dictate political decisions 2 thousand years later.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-30 06:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I, too, find historical facts terribly upsetting.

You're right. I should let the behaviors of rich roman dudes from the first century dictate my views on more things. Thanks a lot Cracked! Your cherry-picking of history and barely on-topic facts have foiled me again!
Don't forget, it's ok to cherry pick arguments if it's ok with Pleebo's point of view or his argument. But don't you dare cherry pick arguments that goes against him or even point out that he cherry picks arguments.

Because obviously he never cherry picks arguments, ever
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-30 07:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Prisoner in van with Freddie Gray stated that he was trying to intentionally injure himself in police van

Quote:
BALTIMORE — A prisoner sharing a police transport van with Freddie Gray told investigators that he could hear Gray “banging against the walls” of the vehicle and believed that he “was intentionally trying to injure himself,” according to a police document obtained by The Washington Post.

The prisoner, who is currently in jail, was separated from Gray by a metal partition and could not see him. His statement is contained in an application for a search warrant, which is sealed by the court. The Post was given the document under the condition that the prisoner not be named because the person who provided it feared for the inmate’s safety.

The document, written by a Baltimore police investigator, offers the first glimpse of what might have happened inside the van. It is not clear whether any additional evidence backs up the prisoner’s version, which is just one piece of a much larger probe.

Gray was found unconscious in the wagon when it arrived at a police station on April 12. The 25-year-old had suffered a spinal injury and died a week later, touching off waves of protests across Baltimore, capped by a riot Monday in which hundreds of angry residents torched buildings, looted stores and pelted police officers with rocks.

Police have said they do not know whether Gray was injured during the arrest or during his 30-minute ride in the van. Local police and the U.S. Justice Department both have launched investigations of Gray’s death.

Jason Downs, one of the attorneys for the Gray family, said the family had not been told of the prisoner’s comments to investigators.

“We disagree with any implication that Freddie Gray severed his own spinal cord,” Downs said. “We question the accuracy of the police reports we’ve seen thus far, including the police report that says Mr. Gray was arrested without force or incident.”

Baltimore police said they will wrap up their investigation Friday and turn the results over to the Baltimore state’s attorney’s office, which will decide whether to seek an indictment. Six police officers, including a lieutenant and a sergeant, have been suspended.

Capt. Eric Kowalczyk, chief spokesman for the Baltimore Police Department, declined to comment on the affidavit, citing the ongoing investigation.

The affidavit is part of a search warrant seeking the seizure of the uniform worn by one of the officers involved in Gray’s arrest or transport. It does not say how many officers were in the van, whether any reported that they heard banging or whether they would have been able to help Gray if he was seeking to injure himself. Police have mentioned only two prisoners in the van.

Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony W. Batts has admitted flaws in the way officers handled Gray after they chased him through a West Baltimore housing project and arrested him. They said they later found a switchblade clipped to the inside of his pants. Batts has said officers repeatedly ignored Gray’s pleas for medical help and failed to secure him with a safety belt or harness in the back of the transport van.

Video shot by several bystanders has fueled the rage in West Baltimore. It shows two officers on top of Gray, their knees in his back, and then dragging his seemingly limp body to the van as he cried out.

Batts has said Gray stood on one leg and climbed into the van on his own.

The van driver stopped three times while transporting Gray to a booking center, the first to put him in leg irons. Batts said the officer driving the van described Gray as “irate.” The search warrant application says Gray “continued to be combative in the police wagon.”

The driver made a second stop, five minutes later, and asked an officer to help check on Gray. At that stop, police have said the van driver found Gray on the floor of the van and put him back on the seat, still without restraints. Police said Gray asked for medical help at that point.

The third stop was to put the other prisoner — a 38-year-old man accused of violating a protective order — into the van. The van was then driven six blocks to the Western District station. Gray was taken from there to a hospital, where he died April 19.

The prisoner, who is in jail, could not be reached for comment. No one answered the phone at his house, and an attorney was not listed in court records.

Batts has said officers violated policy by failing to properly restrain Gray. But the president of the Baltimore police union noted that the policy mandating seat belts took effect April 3 and was e-mailed to officers as part of a package of five policy changes on April 9, three days before Gray was arrested.

Gene Ryan, the police union president, said many officers aren’t reading the new policies – updated to meet new national standards – because they think they’re the same rules they already know, with only cosmetic changes. The updates are supposed to be read out during pre-shift meetings.

The previous policy was written in 1997, when the department used smaller, boxier wagons that officers called “ice cream trucks.” They originally had a metal bar that prisoners had to hold during the ride. Seat belts were added later, but the policy left their use discretionary.

Ryan said that until all facts become clear, he “urged everyone not to rush to judgment. The facts as presented will speak for themselves. I just wish everyone would take a step back and a deep breath, and let the investigation unfold.”

The search warrant application says that detectives at the time did not know where the officer’s uniform was located and that they wanted his department-issued long-sleeve shirts, pants and black boots or shoes. The document says investigators think that Gray’s DNA might be found on the officer’s clothes.

So, apparently he was healthy enough in the van to try to injure himself, but I guess that doesn't matter if you want to spark a looting spree protest.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-30 07:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Riots & looting: never the right answer.

The only point of the article was to expose the "traditional" marriage battlecry for what it is: utter crap. Even in the Christian tradition it's a falsehood; something that was "forbidden" but accepted with a wink and a smile.

And rag on Cracked all you want, but they make better, more salient, and better-researched points than any mainstream media you'll see on the television today, liberal or conservative.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-30 08:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Better-researched? You must not read the comment section often, because a lot of articles get ripped apart for inaccuracies.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-30 08:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree they aren't rioting and looting enough. The only way to get justice is to steal more pairs of shoes than in Ferguson !
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-30 08:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The argument is moot anyways... Gay marriage is already legal in most of the country and soon enough it will be legal across the whole nation.

I'm not really even sure what the argument against it is or why anyone even cares.

It has nothing to do with religious freedoms and it has nothign to do with decreasing the moral standing of any part of our nation. Throwing out terms like traditional marriage seems meaningless... Traditional where? Marriage was rarely even about what it is today. Marriage for love?

Religion is fine and all but this nation is made up of more than just people that have religion and even those that do don't have the same one. You don't run the nation on what some people want but rather what's best for everyone. Can anyone make a logical argument on why gay marriage is bad for our nation other than god said so?
By fonewear 2015-04-30 08:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The more important question is does anyone care about gay marriage ! The media makes it seem like everyone is crowding around the water coolers discussing gay marriage...

Bill: Hey you see the gay marriage news ?

Sally: No I was watching Dancing with the Stars

Bill: Are you even remotely aware of the news ?

Sally: No I'm a millennial Bill we don't give a ***about anything expect our iphones !
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-30 08:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Better-researched? You must not read the comment section often, because a lot of articles get ripped apart for inaccuracies.

I never read comment sections, I have better things to do with my time.

And given the unreliability and bias of the mainstream medias, I stand by my statement.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-30 08:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

And given the unreliability and bias of the mainstream medias, I stand by my statement.
So, instead of sifting through the bias, you rather go for satire?
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-30 08:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

In has long been the case in this country that comedy seems to be the only way of conveying any actual facts to people and getting them to listen at all.

Why do you think The Daily Show has done so well?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-30 08:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

In has long been the case in this country that comedy seems to be the only way of conveying any actual facts to people and getting them to listen at all.

Why do you think The Daily Show has done so well?
Oh, so biased satire then.

And it's a sad state of affairs when people use satire as facts.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-30 08:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Daily Show filled with Jews ! That is why I don't watch it.

Also Jon Stewart is sorta a smug *** also !
By fonewear 2015-04-30 08:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bernie Sanders is running everyone tell your friends...who the hell is Bernie Sanders !

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/29/politics/bernie-sanders-announces-presidential-run/
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-30 08:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
who the hell is Bernie Sanders
A Vermont independent. If memory serves me correctly, he was the only independent in the Senate. Well, democrat in independent's clothing.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-30 08:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you even understand what satire is?
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-30 08:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, so biased satire then.

At least when it started (I haven't watched it in a long time) The Daily Show tore apart both parties with frequency.

Do you even understand what satire is? Satire can't exist without facts to base it upon...

Edit: Beaten by Flav!
First Page 2 3 ... 513 514 515 ... 1375 1376 1377