Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 331 332 333 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-02-25 14:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Fone has enough material to give us a 90 minute comedy about a lovable oaf who wants one thing in life: Hillary Clinton's pantsus.

Watch him cross continents, defeat the Secret Service, find love, drink beers and discover himself on this quest of epic proportions.

Remove Hillary that is basically the Bachelor on ABC !

I'd watch that show !
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-02-26 10:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

on topic... can someone explain to me (using small words and typing slowly) what the reluctance is to announce whether or not you are running for president?

I was wondering if there a deadline for announcing... maybe I should announce I am running just in case everyone else procrastinates so long the door closes and they can't run....

then winning the presidency by some sort of forfeiture...

Tentative platform for president.

Cut the corporate tax rate to 15%
Relocate several overseas military bases to american soil
(Close Gitmo, kill all the prisoners. turn it over to cuba)
Increase funding for military personnel but reduce it for hardware spending.
Tar and feather Lois Lerner in a public shaming ceremony that will bring closer to the IRS debacle
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-26 10:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

This alone would save the country billions upon billions of dollars.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-26 10:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

what the reluctance is to announce whether or not you are running for president?
Announcing now would give opponents that much longer to discredit you and make up pretty much anything against you, and the public will generally buy it.

Case in point: Anti-vax crowd. No basis in reality, no scientific research proving vaccines harming people (other than the very very rare allergic reaction), but yet, people make ***up and you get flower-heads believing in it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-26 10:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Tar and feather Lois Lerner in a public shaming ceremony that will bring closer to the IRS debacle
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-26 10:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
what the reluctance is to announce whether or not you are running for president?
Announcing now would give opponents that much longer to discredit you and make up pretty much anything against you, and the public will generally buy it.

Case in point: Anti-vax crowd. No basis in reality, no scientific research proving vaccines harming people (other than the very very rare allergic reaction), but yet, people make ***up and you get flower-heads believing in it.

And scientific research (which they tend to hate) shows that the more you try to explain to them why they're wrong with science, the harder they dig in and go, "NUH-UH!"
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-26 10:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

on topic... can someone explain to me (using small words and typing slowly) what the reluctance is to announce whether or not you are running for president?

I was wondering if there a deadline for announcing... maybe I should announce I am running just in case everyone else procrastinates so long the door closes and they can't run....

then winning the presidency by some sort of forfeiture...

Tentative platform for president.

Cut the corporate tax rate to 15%
Relocate several overseas military bases to american soil
(Close Gitmo, kill all the prisoners. turn it over to cuba)

Cut foreign aid and use the billions to build charter schools in or near major US cities.
By fonewear 2015-02-26 10:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd suggest we turn Gitmo into a Club Med. Prisoners included in price of vacation package !

Who wouldn't want to sunbath while filthy terrorists look on in envy !
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-02-26 10:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Cut foreign aid and use the billions to build charter schools in or near major US cities.

I think it's time we killed the unions and put money into the schools we already have...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-26 10:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I suggest they increase college tuition by 40% so students never get a good education !

I'm 62 years old still paying off my student loans.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-26 10:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's time we killed the unions and put money into the schools we already have...

I don't mind seeing unions go as long as there's something new introduced to see that collective bargaining remains. Unions are problematic as they far overstep themselves far, far too frequently. And they tend to waste member money doing it.

But when it comes to collective bargaining, it's all workers have on the people with the money and the power. Rid us of unions, but extend collective bargaining to all workers in all industries.

As for schools...meh. All I know is that you get what you pay for. Skimp on teachers salaries and all the extracurricular programs, enjoy your stupid, uncultured children who only know how to think inside the box.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-02-26 10:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

I don't mind seeing unions go as long as there's something new introduced to see that collective bargaining remains. Unions are problematic as they far overstep themselves far, far too frequently. And they tend to waste member money doing it.

But when it comes to collective bargaining, it's all workers have on the people with the money and the power. Rid us of unions, but extend collective bargaining to all workers in all industries.

As for schools...meh. All I know is that you get what you pay for. Skimp on teachers salaries and all the extracurricular programs, enjoy your stupid, uncultured children who only know how to think inside the box.
What do you think we'd have to pay each teacher on each level to obtain quality education for all children?
By fonewear 2015-02-26 10:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Teachers make 26,000 a year I'm buying a Toyota Corolla !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-26 10:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind seeing unions go as long as there's something new introduced to see that collective bargaining remains.
You would like the "right-to-work" laws then.

Where you aren't required to pay a union fee to work.

Kindof like what Scott Walker and Wisconsin is doing right now.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. For one thing, it would create a disincentive to invest/hire new employees. For another thing, you would just come right back where you started. Remember, unions were created by a group of people who decided that they hate their jobs enough to go boss employers around, and after they became unemployable, created their union to give members the illusion that they are out for the good of the union, never mind that unions help destroy companies and create ineffective and uncompetitive businesses.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-26 10:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
What do you think we'd have to pay each teacher on each level to obtain quality education for all children?

I know better than to "discuss" education with you. You have some vendetta against teachers -- like a lot of people -- and just want to argue. :p
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-26 10:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

May I suggest corporate sponsors in the classroom ? Today's math lesson is brought to you by Whole Foods.

The organic hippie grocery store that cares.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-26 10:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind seeing unions go as long as there's something new introduced to see that collective bargaining remains.
You would like the "right-to-work" laws then.

Where you aren't required to pay a union fee to work.

Kindof like what Scott Walker and Wisconsin is doing right now.

No. I wouldn't.

Scott Walker is a *** *** who should be dropped into a war zone. Parachute optional.

I want the opposite of that. No unions, just a replacement organization whose only job is to advocate for the workers in that industry. Not push for political agendas, not rub elbows with government buddies, not for leaders looking out for their own political careers.

"Right-to-work" in this context means "right for employers to *** over employees".
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-26 10:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I want the opposite of that. No unions, just a replacement organization whose only job is to advocate for the workers in that industry. Not push for political agendas, not rub elbows with government buddies, not for leaders looking out for their own political careers.
In other words, you want to replace unions...with unions....

Seriously, that's what you are going to get.

Ever read Animal Farm?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-02-26 10:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I know better than to "discuss" education with you. You have some vendetta against teachers -- like a lot of people -- and just want to argue. :p
I have a vendetta against teachers? Considering my mother, brother and sister in law are all teachers I doubt that statement carries any validity.

It's an honest question since you seem to attribute teacher pay to quality of students education.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-26 10:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's not going to happen. For one thing, it would create a disincentive to invest/hire new employees. For another thing, you would just come right back where you started. Remember, unions were created by a group of people who decided that they hate their jobs enough to go boss employers around, and after they became unemployable, created their union to give members the illusion that they are out for the good of the union, never mind that unions help destroy companies and create ineffective and uncompetitive businesses.

...that's an interesting take on things. Apparently they've been doctoring Texas textbooks for quite some time...
By fonewear 2015-02-26 10:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My dad and mom were teachers wanna fight about it !
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-02-26 10:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
In Illinois, at least, you're more likely to get a better education from a teacher in a private school making $30,000 than you would in a public school making $50,000+
By Ramyrez 2015-02-26 10:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a vendetta against teachers? Considering my mother, brother and sister in law are all teachers I doubt that statement carries any validity.

It's an honest question since you seem to attribute teacher pay to quality of students education.

I think hoping that people who truly want to teach will do so in spite of lackluster pay, declining benefits, and an ungrateful society is asking a hell of a lot.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-26 11:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

...that's an interesting take on things. Apparently they've been doctoring Texas textbooks for quite some time...
So, tell us all how unions are started then.

You do know that you can start a union legally with just 3 people, right? Even if the rest of the workforce doesn't want to be in the union, all it takes is 3 people to *** the entire system up.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-26 11:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
In Illinois, at least, you're more likely to get a better education from a teacher in a private school making $30,000 than you would in a public school making $50,000+

Is this based on numbers that include inner city public schools that involve constant threat to person for teachers and students raised by deadbeat parents/grandparents to not give a ***?
By fonewear 2015-02-26 11:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Teachers are evil ask me how.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-26 11:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So, tell us all how unions are started then.

Unions were started to ensure safety, fair pay and benefits for workers who were blatently mistreated.

Now, it's unlikely white collar workers are going to get black lung in today's workplace, but employers are still going to do everything they can to screw over workers and workers need a way to fight back.

Quote:
You do know that you can start a union legally with just 3 people, right?

Yeah. You know how that ends?

*fired *new workers for less pay*
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-02-26 11:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think hoping that people who truly want to teach will do so in spite of lackluster pay, declining benefits, and an ungrateful society is asking a hell of a lot.
I guess I just don't understand why you think all teachers teach because it was some kind of calling. For a lot of them it's just a job like your job is to you. A way to bring in income.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-26 11:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry.

Teachers, education, unions, collective bargaining, fair pay for work...

I must be thinking with my feels again, not respecting the ALMIGHT GODHOOD OF THE POWER OF MONEY.

My mistake.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-26 11:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I just don't understand why you think all teachers teach because it was some kind of calling. For a lot of them it's just a job like your job is to you. A way to bring in income.

I went to a college with an extremely well-regarded teaching program.

I know and am related to many teachers.

I don't know a single one who does it because it's "just a job".

There's far too much that goes into it, emotionally and as a time investment, for it to be "just a job".
First Page 2 3 ... 331 332 333 ... 1375 1376 1377