Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 313 314 315 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-02-23 12:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think the Matrix should have been a single movie.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-02-23 12:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

just keep drinking until the first one is the only one you remember seeing...
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-23 12:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
If you drink that much, you might end up a Canadian.

Or an Irishman.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 12:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I look forward to the Fast and the Furious 27 we've run out of cars to race !
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-02-23 13:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I look forward to the Fast and the Furious 27 we've run out of cars to race !

I think that dude died in an "alanis morissette ironic" car crash

Paul Walker fast and furious
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 13:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fast and Furious ruined generations of race drivers. That think putting a loud muffler on their Honda Civic makes you a bad *** !

We need a remake of something just released. American Sniper 3D version !

Hell with new ideas just release a 3D version of old movies.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-23 13:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I know all I saw of them, but the only things I remember from 2 & 3 were the architect scene and something about Zionism.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 13:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I know all I saw of them, but the only things I remember from 2 & 3 were the architect scene and something about Zionism.

I knew the Jews were behind this !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 13:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Jews ruin a lot of movies...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-02-23 13:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

/pours another drink

You're almost there!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-23 13:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think the Matrix should have been a single movie.

I could have done without the sequels. They weren't "awful" by any means, but the first one was so good that no additional effects and what have you were going to stop them from bringing down the first movie.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 13:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I do remember a lot of leather so much that I got into BSDM for a number of years !

By fonewear 2015-02-23 13:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't realize there was a story mostly CGI bullet time action !

In the sequels. Don't watch it or watch it I don't care !

And this:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 13:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping the architect would be Frank Lloyd Wright !

He could have "architected" a better story !
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-02-23 13:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-23 13:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

After taunting Republicans on their "doom and gloom" rhetoric, Obama throws some of his own in his own hypocrisy statement.

Quote:
President Barack Obama warned the nation's governors Monday that a looming shutdown of the Department of Homeland Security would have a direct impact on their states' economies, as well as on security throughout the U.S.

Obama was hosting the governors at the White House days before the agency's $40 billion budget is set to run out because of a dispute over the president's immigration executive orders. Most of the department's 230,000 employees would have to keep working after the Feb. 27 deadline, but would not receive pay until Congress authorizes funding.

"They all work in your states," Obama told the governors. "These are folks who, if they don't have a paycheck, are not going to be able to spend that money in your states."

Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson warned on Sunday that the possible shutdown threatens to hamstring U.S. response to terrorist threats and warnings, such as the one late Saturday that mentioned the Mall of America in the Minneapolis suburb of Bloomington.

While some Republican governors have called for compromise, a handful have urged GOP congressional leaders to stand firm, arguing that stopping what they see as Obama's unconstitutional power grab may be as important as resolving the funding dispute.

Monday's White House meeting caps the annual winter gathering of the National Governors Association, where talk was dominated by the budget standoff as well as a looming Supreme Court case that could strike down health insurance subsidies for millions of people across more than 30 states.

Obama did not mention the high court case, but did urge governors from states that have not expanded Medicaid under the law to take that step.

"We can all agree that it's a good thing when a family doesn't lose a home because a member of that family gets sick," he said.

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, a Democrat who chairs the National Governors Association, said he expected the governors to avoid divisive issues at their meeting with Obama. He suggested likely topics would be trade deals, workforce development, education and infrastructure.

"When we go to the president our goal is to try to be more constructive," he said ahead of the meeting.

Obama, too, struck an optimistic tone as he addressed the governors gathered Monday morning in the White House's State Dining Room. He declared that the U.S. is "as well-positioned as we've been in a very long time" and praised the governors for doing "creative work to enhance the opportunities for advancement of their citizens."

Republicans made major gains during the midterm elections and now control 31 of the country's governors' mansions.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-23 13:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

John McCain: ‘I’m Ashamed Of My Country, I’m Ashamed Of My President, I’m Ashamed Of Myself’
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-23 13:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fast and Furious get ***on alot but the series has gone from being race flicks to general anti-heroes taking down villains. They're meant to be popcorn romps in the same vein as The Expendables.

I didn't realize there was a story mostly CGI bullet time action !

In the sequels. Don't watch it or watch it I don't care !

And this:

One of the most pretentious scenes put to film. Yeah, I get the scene (multiverses have been troped to death) but seriously, if I hear the word ergo one more time...
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-02-23 13:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Vis-à-vis!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 13:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ergo this thread being about the Matrix ergo Obama ergo Hillary.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-23 13:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
if I hear the word ergo one more time...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 13:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

McCain 2016 make it happen !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-23 13:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It was such a great scene that back when it was still in theaters I downloaded a cam version so I could type up a transcript of that scene. It was very popular on the internet for years.

Also where I learned the word aesthetic as at the time it wasn't in spell check so I had to find out the word he was using.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 13:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is preposterous I tells ya ! Enough lollygagging get to the point son !

Grandpa:You see we didn't have white onions because of the war the only thing you could get were the big yellow ones !

Waif:You can't treat the working man this way! One of these days we'll form a union, and get the fair and equitable treatment we deserve! Then we'll go too far, and become corrupt and shiftless, and the Japanese will eat us alive!

Burns' Grandfather: The Japanese? Those sandal-wearing goldfish tenders? Ha ha! Bosh! Flimshaw!

Mr. Burns: Oh, if only we'd listened to that young man, instead of walling him up in the abandoned coke oven.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 14:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This is right up are ally shame it isn't Huff Post though !

http://www.xojane.com/sex/sex-as-a-fat-woman?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

TLDR: Fat people have sex !

Sometimes, people who don’t know me well are really surprised to hear that I’ve had a healthy, active sex life. They don’t always say something about it, but I can always tell. When I tell stories of seducing a marine on the West Side during fleet week, or dancing topless around a giant bonfire with multiple men at a summer festival, their eyes widen.

“Oh wow,” they’ll say, laughing uncomfortably before taking a long sip of whatever they’re drinking.

A few years ago, when I was complaining about this to one of my college roommates over cigarettes and cheap beer, she asked me why I think they react this way. At the time, I responded, "I have no idea."

But the truth is I do have an idea. In fact, I have a little more than an idea — I know. It’s because I’m fat.

And no, not like pretty-face-and-flat-stomach fat. Like really, genuinely fat. Like the kind of fat that doesn’t get featured on the cover of Lane Bryant catalogs. The kind of fat that prompts children ages six to 35 to roll down their windows and let me know about it while I walk down the sidewalk. I’m the kind of fat that makes people wonder who could possibly want to sleep with me.

I knew then too — back in college, I mean. But it’s not easy to say it out loud, especially when I can anticipate being bombarded with comments like, “Stop, you’re beautiful,” or, “Who cares what they think?”

The replies to both of those things being: “Yes, but I’m also fat,” and, “I do, kind of.”

The crazy thing is, there’s a whole other layer of complicated under that, and most people don’t know about it. Not only am I a size 22, generally average-looking person, but I also struggle with gender conformity issues. I don’t think I’d ever want to transition or drastically change who I am, but the feelings are pervasive enough that they affect me — and my intimacy.

It sounds like a lot because it is. But it’s not insurmountable.

Sex when you’re a big girl can be tricky, not so much because of physical limitations but emotional ones. When society tells you you’re an unlovable embarrassment at every turn, it’s hard to feel sexy or wanted — even when you have an encouraging partner.

You’re conscious of every jiggle, roll, and blemish. And when you’re so busy worrying about how the light is hitting you while you're doing it doggy-style, or how many chins you have from his or her angle, it’s hard to enjoy yourself.

In my darker times, I’ve often wondered, mid-romp, why my partner — or anyone — would want to sleep with me. Was it because they felt sorry for me? Were they a chubby chaser? Did they just want an easy lay?

The thoughts would torture me to the point where sometimes I’d burst into tears and have to stop. Some partners understood and tried to work with me on it, but others were not as kind.

As for the gender piece, my battle in that arena has always been more private. For starters, I can hide it — unlike my body. I’ve only ever told one partner, my fiancé, about my struggles with my gender identity. In previous relationships, I would silently subvert my own discomforts with being overly feminized or taking on traditional female roles in the bedroom. I wouldn’t feel remotely comfortable opening up to these partners for fear of ridicule or abandonment.

When you (and your partner) grow up seeing heteronormative, white bread portrayals of sex, it’s really hard to avoid gender norms in the bedroom. The task of breaking down barriers that have existed since the beginning of humanity is no easy one, and it takes two very dedicated and creative partners to find healthy ways to express gender nonconformity between the sheets. It’s a challenge, but, again, it’s not impossible.

The key to overcoming both of these obstacles has been finding a partner who loves me for who I am. And in order to do that, I needed to first accept myself to the best of my ability.

The biggest struggle for me with intimacy has always been related to a profound lack of self-love on my part. When you don’t love yourself because of your weight, gender, background, etc., you tend to attract people who don’t have your best interests in mind. So, when it comes to toxic relationships, I’ve had a solid handful.

I’ve been emotionally manipulated, had my money stolen, been cheated on, and been in my fair share of knockout, drag-out fights. It took way too many of these relationships to realize that I was partially responsible for my bad relationship luck, and it took having my heart shattered to give me the impetus to take steps to remedy it.

I wish I could say that’s where my story ends, and that I flew off into the sunset on a vibrating orgasm-icorn (I’m thinking a unicorn with a vibrating saddle, but other interpretations are welcome).

But even now, in a committed, long-term relationship with my loving and incredibly patient fiancé, there are days when I have trouble justifying my own existence as a sexual being, because I’ve heard so many messages about how that world should be off limits to me.

For every moment of patience or ingenious spark of creativity on my fiancé’s part, I need to follow up with bravery, willpower, and a good sense of humor. This is not easy a lot of the time.

We’ve found a rhythm that is comfortable for both of us, but exciting enough that we feel encouraged to try new things with one another. I can’t thank him enough for his seemingly unending acceptance of me and my many facets. I also owe thanks to myself, and it’s getting easier to appreciate my own role in my sexual and romantic happiness every day.

What I most needed to hear during my battle for self love was that, even though I was struggling with my weight, my gender, and anything that this world had convinced me made me unworthy of pleasure and love, I was not doomed to a life of loneliness. I WAS doomed, however, to a metric ton of introspection and searching for a partner who isn’t a closed-minded bigot (which is a monumental task in and of itself).

But I made it out of those woods and continue to every day. There may not be an orgasm-icorn, but there’s a whole world of people who are just waiting to love me, and you, for exactly who we are.

We must find them, and accept no less.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-23 14:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

TLDR: Fat people have sex !

How shocking; you completely missed the point. :p
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 14:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't realize there was a point. I'm oblivious !

I don't mind the fat people have sex aspect. I think making it about feminism/body positive image is a stretch...
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-02-23 14:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes, people who don’t know me well are really surprised to hear that I’ve had a healthy, active sex life. They don’t always say something about it, but I can always tell. When I tell stories of seducing a marine on the West Side during fleet week, or dancing topless around a giant bonfire with multiple men at a summer festival, their eyes widen.

“Oh wow,” they’ll say, laughing uncomfortably before taking a long sip of whatever they’re drinking.

It's probably not because they're surprised she has a sex life, but because they're now traumatized by the mental image of her having a sex life.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 14:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I get it you are fat and have sex what do you want a Pulitzer prize !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-23 14:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Best song about credit card debt ever.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 313 314 315 ... 1375 1376 1377