Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 301 302 303 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-02-19 15:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pro tip you don't have to work or shop at Wal Mart.

It isn't this magical company that bends people against your will.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-19 15:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
So, where's my check that was supposed to have been bought? Seriously, according to you, I'm due a check.

Wait, does that mean you are wrong? What else is new?

What are you talking about? The money goes to advertising, travel, staff, lobbying, etc.

1)Fixed budgets are nice, but this is the government we are talking about. There are no fixed budgets associated with any agency, they are just told "Here's your budget, try not to spend more than that" but almost always goes over.

That's... not how budget appropriation works at all, you should do a little research.

2)Why not just have the federal government take over television and other media outlets? You are basically forcing your will on them, telling them what they can or cannot show (by forcing campaign ads on them).

PSA's are already part of the price they pay for leasing the public's airwaves, it wouldn't amount to changing anything besides what's contained in the PSA's they're already required to air.

3)Who's going to determine if they are the right person for the job? Are you now taking that determination away from the voters and putting that power in a group of people? You know, there is a political system just exactly what you are proposing.....

The public is going to determine it based on their ability to execute their campaign on even footing and how they present their ideas and back them up with plans. That's representative democracy, not the system we have now.

4)Now you want to control how they get the message out. What's next, control who's able to run for office? Are you going to put a wealth threshold now?

Tell me, are you really Lordgrim?

Control how they get the message out? What are you blabbering about? They would get the message out by having a message and not just a collection of catch-phrases the can pay to proliferate endlessly. I don't know what you're even talking about with a wealth threshold. Candidates aren't required now or would they be to have any personal wealth limit. A public funding system puts everyone on an even footing and requires them to earn votes on their own merits, not the pockets of their donors.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 15:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The hatred towards Wal Mart is hypocritical at best. They all do the same things but for some reason Wal Mart gets all the hate.

I would gladly work at the "evil corporation" if they offered me more than a competitors job.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-02-19 15:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it was funny that part of the reason wal mart took a hit in sales was because not as many food stamps were doled out...
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-19 15:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
The hatred towards Wal Mart is hypocritical at best. They all do the same things but for some reason Wal Mart gets all the hate.

They don't all do the same things, some companies go pretty far to improve morale and increase retention. Few companies do it with the success that Wal-Mart has, though. And, yes, a lot of the Wally-hate is just from the exposure of being the biggest retailer.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 15:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been there on the first of the month and it is like Lord of the Flies.

Yea I'm part of the problem shopping at Wal Mart.

I find late at night to be the most entertaining though. All the craziness of day time with less lines.

I do buy video games there cause f Gametop prices.
By fonewear 2015-02-19 15:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/17/abortion-story-no-filter_n_6700806.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

Abortion is the greatest thing I've ever done from my beloved.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-19 15:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been there on the first of the month and it is like Lord of the Flies.

Yea I'm part of the problem shopping at Wal Mart.

I find late at night to be the most entertaining though. All the craziness of day time with less lines.

I do buy video games there cause f Gametop prices.

We buy stuff at Wal-mart, as much as I try to avoid it. I try not to shop there not for some ideological reason, but because I'd rather spend a little more at a locally owned store or on an American-made product whenever possible. Granted, we don't get any kind of assistance and we do well for ourselves, so paying a little more is definitely an option for us, whereas it isn't for a lot of people.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-19 15:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
What are you talking about? The money goes to advertising, travel, staff, lobbying, etc.
It's your own words bub:
Elections are very much bought by interest groups funded by the ultra-rich.
I guess you don't vote, or don't understand that it is the people who vote, not the campaign funds.

(inb4: That's not what I mean, you are being obtuse, I'm going to tell my mommy on you!)

That's... not how budget appropriation works at all, you should do a little research.
Budget appropriations are guidelines associated with an agency's spending. Very rarely do an agency meet budget, they generally go over their budget for the year and ask for more money for next year.

You are the one who should do some research.

PSA's are already part of the price they pay for leasing the public's airwaves, it wouldn't amount to changing anything besides what's contained in the PSA's they're already required to air.
But now you are increasing the PSAs needed by multiple times. You are also increasing the costs to air because now stations have less advertising time to try to gain revenue since you are forcing these PSAs to be aired at a reduced rate (guess what, they are required by law to charge a rate significantly less than the time they would have charged to a private party).

The public is going to determine it based on their ability to execute their campaign on even footing and how they present their ideas and back them up with plans. That's representative democracy, not the system we have now.
Codespeak for a group of people determining what the public wants. Go ahead and admit it, you want to change the political structure of this nation.

Control how they get the message out? What are you blabbering about? They would get the message out by having a message and not just a collection of catch-phrases the can pay to proliferate endlessly. I don't know what you're even talking about with a wealth threshold. Candidates aren't required now or would they be to have any personal wealth limit. A public funding system puts everyone on an even footing and requires them to earn votes on their own merits, not the pockets of their donors.
Who's going to determine what message will go out? You just stated in #3 that you are going to have "the public" determine what messages get released, and you are limiting the message itself based by a restraining budget that will either get out of proportion quickly or not get conveyed to anyone due to "budget restraints"

You also have failed to mention any of the rampant fraud that will occur during this whole fiasco, and how you expect to control such fraud. Best way to start that is to issue controls, just a little heads up.
By fonewear 2015-02-19 15:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to make a video about FFXIAH being the best decision of my life !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 15:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to criticize a woman (that would be blasphemy) but if having an abortion is the greatest thing you've ever done you might want to set your standards higher.

Dear diary I had an abortion and it was better than three orgasms and an entire box of chocolate !
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-19 15:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not pro Wal Mart. I just find it funny that the same people wanting a raise get it then *** it isn't 15 or 20 bucks an hour.

Well, some people just don't realize that big companies like Wal-Mart don't have an infinite supply of money to be throwing at unskilled laborers. There are subtle nuances that determine wages beyond simple greed, such as "math" and "profit margins". And if they did decide to raise the base pay for all employees to 15 or 20 bucks an hour, suddenly a lot of people would want to work at Wal-Mart, allowing them to be far more picky about who they hire. Additionally, most of those unskilled laborers who were just happy to have a job would be replaced by over-qualified applicants, which essentially defeats the original purpose.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 16:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

One more from my beloved cause this is near and dear to me:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/19/1-in-3-women-sexually-harassed-work-cosmopolitan_n_6713814.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

A new survey found that one in three women between the ages of 18-34 has been sexually harassed at work.

Cosmopolitan surveyed 2,235 full-time and part-time female employees and found that one in three women has experienced sexual harassment at work at some point their lives.

"Sexual harassment hasn't gone away -- it's just taken on new forms," Michelle Ruiz and Lauren Ahn wrote. Unlike workplace sexual harassment portrayed in films and pop culture that represent it as overtly aggressive, sexual harassment at work isn't always easy to spot. It can be a sexual comment in a meeting or even an insinuating Facebook message.

The American Association of University Women defines workplace sexual harassment as any, "unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature."

Out of the women who said they've experienced workplace sexual harassment, 29 percent reported the issue while 71 percent did not. According to the survey, the field with the highest levels of reported sexual harassment is food and service hospitality.

Check out the full infographic below for more of Cosmo's findings:
By Bloodrose 2015-02-19 16:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I'm not pro Wal Mart. I just find it funny that the same people wanting a raise get it then *** it isn't 15 or 20 bucks an hour.

Well, some people just don't realize that big companies like Wal-Mart don't have an infinite supply of money to be throwing at unskilled laborers. There are subtle nuances that determine wages beyond simple greed, such as "math" and "profit margins". And if they did decide to raise the base pay for all employees to 15 or 20 bucks an hour, suddenly a lot of people would want to work at Wal-Mart, allowing them to be far more picky about who they hire. Suddenly all of those unskilled laborers who were just happy to have a job would be replaced by over-qualified applicants, which essentially defeats the original purpose.
Considering since Wal-Mart cut almost of their fulltime employees down to less than 30 hours a week, they bring in the most amount of money in America, etc. they should be taking far better care of their employees.

The problem people have, even though they still shop there, is how upper management belittles and shits all over the "unskilled laborers", or refuse to invest in training any long term employees. Much less help them develop necessary working skills.

Like Jassik, I try to avoid Wal-Mart. However, boycotting them entirely would be disastrous... And they have 5 dollar shirts I can wear, instead of paying 50 bucks for some brand name schmuck shirt I'd likely only wear at a social event.

Keepin' it 100, yo!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-19 16:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I would gladly work at the "evil corporation" if they offered me more than a competitors job.

Perhaps because they're the standardbearer of ***tier retail a la McDonalds.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 16:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

On that note any woman that sexually harasses me is more than welcome to.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-19 16:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

On that note any woman that sexually harasses me is more than welcome to.

A common male trope until a woman you really don't like gets sexually forward.

Sorry, I don't want any and every woman around my junk.
By fonewear 2015-02-19 16:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

All women are my type expect Asian women and the blacks !

Actually I don't know any black women personally.

In high school we had like two black people in the entire school.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-19 16:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Considering since Wal-Mart cut almost of their fulltime employees down to less than 30 hours a week, they bring in the most amount of money in America, etc. they should be taking far better care of their employees. The problem people have, even though they still shop there, is how upper management belittles and shits all over the "unskilled laborers", or refuse to invest in training any long term employees. Much less help them develop necessary working skills. Like Jassik, I try to avoid Wal-Mart. However, boycotting them entirely would be disastrous... And they have 5 dollar shirts I can wear, instead of paying 50 bucks for some brand name schmuck shirt I'd likely only wear at a social event. Keepin' it 100, yo!

Heh. Yeah, there are certain employee training and morale issues that Wally World needs to work out, but jacking the wages up drastically wouldn't be the smartest approach.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-19 16:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I'm not saying they should double the wages or anything, but at least learn to scale wages and pay raises accordingly.

I'd even forego some of the pay raises for benefits/better benefits, safety, more hours, etc.

Even on the busiest days, most of the local Wal-Marts only have 3 tellers out of 20 registers, so people will stand in like for an hour.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-19 16:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention that Wally World's employees are not going there for a long-term position. The retention rate in that store is horrendous.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 16:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

How to fix morale at Wal Mart hire more attractive women as cashiers...I've seen better looking women at my local feminist rally !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-19 16:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I'm not saying they should double the wages or anything, but at least learn to scale wages and pay raises accordingly.

I'd even forego some of the pay raises for benefits/better benefits, safety, more hours, etc.

Even on the busiest days, most of the local Wal-Marts only have 3 tellers out of 20 registers, so people will stand in like for an hour.
There isn't a self-checkout section in your Wal-Mart?
By fonewear 2015-02-19 16:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the problem they want me to do the work myself pssh I'm lazy American !

I go to the cashier check out lane. I'm not getting paid to check out groceries.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-19 16:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The average employee at Wal-Mart is something like 3-5 months, so they don't even make the probationary period in most cases. Simply because there isn't any incentive to do so, or to stay long term. It's a paycheck, and that's all it is. It's not even a job at that point.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-19 16:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually out of order.
By fonewear 2015-02-19 16:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Self checkouts suck I hate using them. They always give me a problem.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-19 16:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually out of order.
Stop breaking them then!

Am I going to have to start calling you the Josiahfk of cash registers?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-19 16:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I'm not saying they should double the wages or anything, but at least learn to scale wages and pay raises accordingly. I'd even forego some of the pay raises for benefits/better benefits, safety, more hours, etc. Even on the busiest days, most of the local Wal-Marts only have 3 tellers out of 20 registers, so people will stand in like for an hour.
Usually out of order.

Pfft, Canadian Wal-Marts.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-19 16:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not the customer breaking them. It's management imputing incorrect procedures and bar code values.

One location's self checkout stations were down for 4 months before they figured out what was wrong - Manager caused the problem, cashier fixed the error, manager got a raise and promotion.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 301 302 303 ... 1375 1376 1377