Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1360 1361 1362 ... 1375 1376 1377
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-22 23:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Doesn't fit your agenda?

Altimaomega said: »
Most likely because you know you are 100% wrong and need to change the subject.

We've had some fun tonight, so let's not devolve.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-03-22 23:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just waiting to find out that all the voting machines have been hacked by people on 4chan to vote for trump.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-22 23:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You are free to use whatever poll you want, use Fox News, but to try to say that Clinton doesn't have support is delusion.
Nice back peddle! /clap
the huge support Clinton has

All the polls go by the past few elections voter turnout. Everyone know this.. DOesn't matter if its fox,nbc,abcdefg...
Nowhere did I say Clinton doesn't have support, just not as much as you are claiming.

Why don't you ask Aman what poll he is using to say Clinton has zero chance of winning? Doesn't fit your agenda?

Last I checked, I wasn't addressing Aman. Nor was he addressing me.. Why do you need to bring him into this? Most likely because you know you are 100% wrong and need to change the subject.

Didn't back pedal at all. Polls are taken every week. All of them show Clinton is either leading, tied, or close to Trump. Which leads to the easy conclusion that she has as much or more support than Trump. I am not even 1% wrong, and I am not changing the subject. Dismissing polls because they are biased doesn't work, it is your go-to strategy but it doesn't de-legitimatize them. What do you have to counter this again? Saevel just posted numbers that support this basic conclusion. What are you actually going on?
By Altimaomega 2016-03-22 23:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
Interesting how that works out isn't it? Even though it is easily found to be Democrats that lead that town (state) to ruin, they managed to pin it on the first Republican Governor in a generation.

There's actually more than enough blame to go around, there, but Snyder was the one appointing people to handle the situation/manage the transition in the first place. And honestly, if they'd acted on the new information from the onset, this is a much smaller deal and he probably comes out looking better (by watching out for his people and acting on new data).

So while he can't bear all the blame, he actually does deserve to take some licks on this one. The coverup was reprehensible.

Far as I can tell once the EPA came clean he acted asap. Yes Snyder was the one appointing people to manage the situation the damage was already done.

It's like putting out a grease fire with water...puns. Democrat literally stole millions and bankrupted that city which lead directly to the current water crisis. Could it have been handle better in the end? Sure, everything can be handled better in hindsight.

Oh and the residents just voted in some more democrats to run the place.. smh.. I'm sure sooner or later some Republicans will get voted in so some blame can get placed.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-22 23:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Far as I can tell once the EPA came clean he acted asap. Yes Snyder was the one appointing people to manage the situation the damage was already done.

There's pretty substantial evidence that they knew pretty early on, and either ignored it or outright covered it up. Neither is particularly acceptable.

But, as I said: lots and lots of blame to go around here. Part of being the Governor though, is that the buck stops there.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-22 23:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You are free to use whatever poll you want, use Fox News, but to try to say that Clinton doesn't have support is delusion.
Nice back peddle! /clap
the huge support Clinton has

All the polls go by the past few elections voter turnout. Everyone know this.. DOesn't matter if its fox,nbc,abcdefg...
Nowhere did I say Clinton doesn't have support, just not as much as you are claiming.

Why don't you ask Aman what poll he is using to say Clinton has zero chance of winning? Doesn't fit your agenda?

Last I checked, I wasn't addressing Aman. Nor was he addressing me.. Why do you need to bring him into this? Most likely because you know you are 100% wrong and need to change the subject.

Didn't back pedal at all. Polls are taken every week. All of them show Clinton is either leading, tied, or close to Trump. Which leads to the easy conclusion that she has as much or more support than Trump. I am not even 1% wrong, and I am not changing the subject. Dismissing polls because they are biased doesn't work, it is your go-to strategy but it doesn't de-legitimatize them. What do you have to counter this again? Saevel just posted numbers that support this basic conclusion. What are you actually going on?

I've been waiting for you to actually post some numbers from this massive Clinton following you claim is happening.

So far you have just been deflecting with polls that do not reflect the voter base this election and think you are onto something.

Seriously post me a poll that shows that it isn't polling more democrats than republicans. I'll wait. Probably forever because one does not exists.

Saevel just posted numbers that support this basic conclusion.
Perhaps you should follow his lead?
By Altimaomega 2016-03-22 23:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »

There's pretty substantial evidence that they knew pretty early on, and either ignored it or outright covered it up. Neither is particularly acceptable.

But, as I said: lots and lots of blame to go around here. Part of being the Governor though, is that the buck stops there.

You're correct, and that is exactly what he is doing. He is actually taking responsibility for it. Isn't that incredible? Quite a bit of evidence exists to show that democrats are heavily too blame but he has manned up and taken charge.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-22 23:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Awesome things
Did you know your PM isn't working? You should kick Rooks or something. xD
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-23 00:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not a deflection, weekly polls are not using old voter turnout as you claim. They are call centers, asking people who they support for this election, and Clinton is competitive in all of them. They don't care about previous elections. I have yet to see one where Trump is running away with it.
As I said, you dismissing a poll because you think its biased does not in any way de-legitimatize them. She has a ton of money, she has millions of votes, and she is competitive in the polls. So again I ask, what are you going on? What source are you using that says Clinton doesn't have as much support as Trump?
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-03-23 00:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome things
Did you know your PM isn't working? You should kick Rooks or something. xD

You can PM his account, but not his character. I actually have a fix for this locally, we just haven't deployed yet.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-23 00:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not a deflection, weekly polls are not using old voter turnout as you claim. They are call centers, asking people who they support for this election, and Clinton is competitive in all of them. They don't care about previous elections. I have yet to see one where Trump is running away with it.
As I said, you dismissing a poll because you think its biased does not in any way de-legitimatize them. She has a ton of money, she has millions of votes, and she is competitive in the polls. So again I ask, what are you going on? What source are you using that says Clinton doesn't have as much support as Trump?

Oh look. The first post I made on the subject.
Considering Every state is breaking Republican Voting records by rather large margins? Or considering that the Democrat turnout for primary's is nothing close to 2008 or even 2012?

I just have not seen this "huge support" among any voter group in favor of Clinton.. Bernie on the other hand at least has a following of crazies.

Show me Numbers that beat the record breaking turnout for Trump and the other Republicans. Trumps numbers alone are more than Hillary and sanders combined!

They are call centers, asking people who they support for this election, and Clinton is competitive in all of them.
Where have I said she isn't competitive? Nowhere! I have merely been pointing out that she doesn't have the actual numbers Trump does. Why you insist (now random?) call center polls are showing huge numbers is beyond me.

Maybe if you could actually link one of these magical polls that shows Democrats are not being favored, I would be more inclined to at least take you seriously.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-03-23 00:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been waiting for you to actually post some numbers from this massive Clinton following you claim is happening.

So far you have just been deflecting with polls that do not reflect the voter base this election and think you are onto something.

Seriously post me a poll that shows that it isn't polling more democrats than republicans. I'll wait. Probably forever because one does not exists.

Clinton has massive following among core Democrats with the more extreme fringe preferring Sanders. And since those are the only votes that matter to the Democrats he gets the perception that there is this huge Nation wide Democrat revolution taking place.

Essentially his belief is "Hilary has massive support among Democrats".

Now if we want to start talking about the swing voters that really changes. Hillary is just "Obama v2.0". She is beholden to the same powers that he was forced to heed, and people know this. With Obama's current disfavor rubbing off on her, her only hope is that Cruz wins the GoP nomination with a minority vote and thus cause's Trump to run against the Republicans taking all his supporters with him. That doesn't seem likely to happen as Trump is well on his way to victory and the political situation she'll be facing is virtually unwinnable.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-23 00:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Show me Numbers that beat the record breaking turnout for Trump and the other Republicans. Trumps numbers alone are more than Hillary and sanders combined!

Oh really? You sure about that? Common sense would say that is doubtful, since it is just Clinton and Sanders on the Dem side. I am willing to bet that Clinton has the most votes of all the candidates.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-23 00:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

She is beholden to the same powers that he was forced to heed, and people know this.

This is exactly what this election is all about. Trump, Cruz, and Bernie. All are out against the way Washington is being ran in one way or the other.

Out of those 3, with Trump being the Nominee and getting the GOP establishment votes. Should really be a shoe in. I'm expecting A rather large majority win in November for Trump if things keep going the way they are.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-23 00:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh really? You sure about that? Common sense would say that is doubtful, since it is just Clinton and Sanders on the Dem side. I am willing to bet that Clinton has the most votes of all the candidates.

I actually meant to say in a lot states*

I would like to see how many total votes in all states so far for each candidate, but I am having a hard time finding it.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-23 00:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have only found the total votes, which shows Clinton is indeed in the lead. But of course, she has less support than Trump overall, because Obama.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-23 00:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump closed that little gap quite a bit tonight as well, if not surpassed her.

Not to mention how many of the Cruz voters would have voted Trump if he would have dropped out.

I dunno if the same could be said for Sanders voters.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-23 01:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, things have gotten a bit weird here in Utah. Bernie kicked the crap out of Hillary, and early reporting shows Trump in last place too.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-23 01:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Rav lives in Utah! Never would have guessed it!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-03-23 01:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Lol, things have gotten a bit weird here in Utah. Bernie kicked the crap out of Hillary, and early reporting shows Trump in last place too.

That makes sense when you remember that Utah is one of the centers of the super-religious conservatives. Cruz is the "I pray to Jesus for guidance before I chose my breakfast cereal" candidate while Trump couldn't give a ***about religion. Best to see Utah as "Core GOP".

So the current tally is
Trump 738
Cruz 423 (463 with Utah's votes)
Kasich 143

Needed to win : 1,237

Trump still ahead by 275 and at this point even if Kasich pledged all this delegates to Cruz it wouldn't be enough. Trump is 59% of the way to the needed number while Cruz is at 37% and it's looking like his candidacy is picking up even more steam.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-23 02:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes sense when you remember that Utah is one of the centers of the super-religious conservatives. Cruz is the "I pray to Jesus for guidance before I chose my breakfast cereal" candidate while Trump couldn't give a ***about religion. Best to see Utah as "Core GOP".

True, but Utah doesn't always fall in step with the Bible Belt. At any rate, I hear some chatter from Democrats on the local news about the turnout and how Utah could do a flip this election and become a blue state. Pure delusion at its finest. If Hillary gets indicted and Bernie takes the nod, then maybe we'll talk. I expect to see a lot of people staying home for a Trump/Clinton general election, though.

Rav lives in Utah! Never would have guessed it!

Heh. I've mentioned it offhand a few times, but yeah.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-23 02:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh. I've mentioned it offhand a few times, but yeah.

So are Utah people Utopians, like Michigan people are Michiganders?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-23 06:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently, we are taking a massive break from the primaries after tonight. Only one state goes in the next 4 weeks.
Alaska, Washington DC and Hawaii for dems on march 26. Wisconsin for both on april 5, Colorado reps april 8, Wyoming dems april 9...

???

So are Utah people Utopians
Nah, just mormons.
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-23 07:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Utah's pretty. I'm there for a tech conference every year, and I'm always amazed at how gorgeous the place is.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-23 07:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Have a friend from there who always brags about having the best landscapes of the US(he might be overshooting a little, but I dunno!)
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-23 07:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Have a friend from there who always brags about having the best landscapes of the US(he might be overshooting a little, but I dunno!)

If he is, it's not by much. It's REALLY pretty.
By Ramyrez 2016-03-23 07:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What source are you using that says Clinton doesn't have as much support as Trump?

It makes me ill, but I can tell you from an eye test of people I know that pretty much anyone who isn't an across-the-board liberal is kinda loving the ***out of Trump.

It's really depressing. I avoid Facebook now because of it.

And make all the jokes about "avoiding Facebook is a good idea anyhow" you want, but it's also the best way I have to stay in touch with a lot of friends and family who live very far away.

Anyhow, while I know anecdotal evidence is questionable, some of these people are people who I consider very close and we have very similar mindsets on most things.

Trump just has a certain appeal to a few very specific things that gets some people very excited. He taps people's anger and makes it okay to be a little bit (a lot) terrible because everyone else is doing it too, and it will make us great!

...yeah, we've never heard that message before.
By Ramyrez 2016-03-23 07:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
I hope you're the only one who believes that.
Explain how a religion is considered peaceful when it's very messages endorses conflict.

Like I said before, Good vs. Evil, Man vs. Beast, Us vs. Them. They all have those same messages....

Those finites are for people who can't process duality.

Late, but.

(I know it's from the dreaded "second half" of the movie that no one else seems to care about, but...)
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-23 07:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
an eye test

Stop eyeballing, that's why we have parsers
By Ramyrez 2016-03-23 07:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply