Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1348 1349 1350 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 10:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Even I would have been forced to consider that ***-eating grin of his if it came down to him and Hillary.

Wait, what? Perry is Cruz with slightly better people skills. His policy ideas are copy and paste, though in a slightly smaller font.

Policies yes.

But Perry isn't a religious nutbasket advocating holy war. The GOP establishment actually liked him. They despise Cruz.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 10:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

he loses the ability to speak in sentences whenever someone shoves a tv camera in his face....
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-16 10:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
he loses the ability to speak in sentences whenever someone shoves a tv camera in his face....

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-16 10:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

TRUSTED
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 10:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

puddin pie...lol
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-16 10:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

puddin pie...lol

***, MY MIND IS STRONG.

We used to shout that at each other at work. I miss that job.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-16 10:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

How did Rick Perry come up?
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-03-16 10:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Discussion of Cruz, the GOP, and the uh, what's the third one there? Let's see. Oh five – Cruz, the GOP and the um, um....

Oops.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 10:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I suggested the GOP misses him as an ongoing concern in discussion of the GOP nod.

My bad.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-16 11:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt anyone misses Perry, they still have Kasich right there in perfect position to lead the establishment pick and freeze Cruz out.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 11:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt anyone misses Perry, they still have Kasich right there in perfect position to lead the establishment pick and freeze Cruz out.

I disagree with the "perfect" bit because he is so damn far behind.
even if trump miraculously drops out it would take a miracle/act of treachery that is certainly not beneath us/everyone else dies in a freak accident

and he has the same "compassionate conservative" albatross that bush had hanging on his neck
By Enuyasha 2016-03-16 11:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Even I would have been forced to consider that ***-eating grin of his if it came down to him and Hillary.

Wait, what? Perry is Cruz with slightly better people skills. His policy ideas are copy and paste, though in a slightly smaller font.

Policies yes.

But Perry isn't a religious nutbasket advocating holy war. The GOP establishment actually liked him. They despise Cruz.
Only because Cruz made actual republicans look like nutjobs and bigots
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 11:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
Only because Cruz made actual republicans look like nutjobs and bigots

oh we don't mind that...we get called names all the time.

it's the tearing the party down and rebuilding it in his image thing that we can't get past... news flash - we don't like change

the boat rocking crap like destroying the irs or abolishing the fed... that kind of stuff will only collapse the stock market
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-03-16 11:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This, plus I'd imagine the GOP isn't excited about his chances in a general election if his primary results aren't strong.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-16 11:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

even if trump miraculously drops out it would take a miracle/act of treachery that is certainly not beneath us/everyone else dies in a freak accident

and he has the same "compassionate conservative" albatross that bush had hanging on his neck

Well, Kasich and Cruz are aiming for a brokered convention so they can wheel and deal for the nomination. I think its going to be hard for Trump to get the delegate count outright now that he has lost Ohio, so its going to be a free for all at the convention. The problem for Cruz is he has no one to wheel and deal with since he has spent his entire career dividing and alienating the GOP. And he hasn't done anything during his campaign to mend those fences. It really looks like the voters are going to have little to no say as to who the GOP nominee is going to be.
[+]
By Artemicion 2016-03-16 11:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We need to bring back Herman Cain and more inspiring Pokemon quotes.

[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-16 11:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
This, plus I'd imagine the GOP isn't excited about his chances in a general election if his primary results aren't strong.

Primaries aren't always a great example of general election support.

In a primary, you're competing against people with similar, or at least unopposing, ideology; so it's all about who can go farther to the fringe and pick up the people who care enough to deal with the caucus process/etc.

In a general election, you can assume some support from your base because there really ARE opposed ideologies at work and people will vote against the opponent as much as they vote for you.

Kasich's appeal is that he seems more appealing to moderates and can win battleground states. The goal is to pick up moderates and independents, without pissing off your base so much they stay home.

To put it another way: who is more likely to win a general election against Hillary Clinton: Cruz, or Kasich?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-16 11:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I do applaud Kasich for celebrating winning his home state with all the pomp of winning the general election. Confetti? Celebratory cheer? Party? Check x3.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-16 11:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

Primaries aren't always a great example of general election support.

In a primary, you're competing against people with similar, or at least unopposing, ideology; so it's all about who can go farther to the fringe and pick up the people who care enough to deal with the caucus process/etc.

In a general election, you can assume some support from your base because there really ARE opposed ideologies at work and people will vote against the opponent as much as they vote for you.

Kasich's appeal is that he seems more appealing to moderates and can win battleground states. The goal is to pick up moderates and independents, without pissing off your base so much they stay home.

To put it another way: who is more likely to win a general election against Hillary Clinton: Cruz, or Kasich?

If Trump is brokered out of the general election, all GOP hell will break loose. The idea of subverting the will of the people by installing a nominee will finally complete the circle that the establishment antagonizes the people. To be the installed nominee would mean fielding a fight against your own the likes we haven't seen.

And that's before the possibility of Trump going independent and effectively spoiling the election into a Clinton landslide. Normally perhaps you could work a deal with Trump but with all the momentum surrounding his cult of personality there is nowhere for him to go but all in.

Trump has all but assured he will be the nominee unless he willfully chooses to step down.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-16 11:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think Clinton is going to lose Florida, which makes Ohio a must, so doesn't it have to be Kasich?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 11:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

you're looking at it all wrong... You have to think like a corporation- which one is a better return on investment?

which depends on how much money it will cost to push either one over the finish line.

so instead you tacitly support both and win no matter what
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-16 11:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss Perry. So do almost all of America's comedians.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-16 12:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think Clinton is going to lose Florida, which makes Ohio a must, so doesn't it have to be Kasich?

That, right there, is his entire sales pitch to the GOP establishment. It might be enough!

But, re: what others have said about brokering out Trump causing a calamity, they're absolutely right. But nothing the GOP establishment has shown me thus far indicates they have any earthly idea what the correct move would be, so for now I'm assuming "insular arrogance", and that means Kasich.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-16 12:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Cruz has no sales pitch, so there is that.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-16 12:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The GOP establishment would rather lose the election to Hillary then have Trump as President. (Also Cruz, but he is done)

Same with the DNC, but the corruption within the DNC ensured Bernie never had a chance to begin with.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-16 12:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Forget Captain America: Civil War. We've got GOP: Civil War to look forward to and I can bet Hillary is shrieking from her fortress of doom about it.

Most Berners will turn up and vote Hillary. Trumpettes most definitely will not turn down if their man gets told to eat a *** at the convention especially when he's leading in delegates double over Cruz.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-03-16 12:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you really say any of this is fact though? This election has been bonkers the whole way and defied pretty much any prediction that's been laid forth.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 12:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Trumpettes

How dare you malign such a noble instrument by using a homonym to describe Trump's legion of dummies?
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-16 12:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I read an article that suggested Bill Clinton may be responsible for the Trump candidacy. It suggested that since Trump and the Clintons were friends that Trump likely told them prior to running and that Bill may have encouraged him, knowing the unrestrained ego that'd be unleashed.

Amusing theory but it's based too much in speculation to be worth too much.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-16 12:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Honest question for our right-leaning friends.

If you had to pick a democratic president until 2020, which do you pick?

A) Four more years of Obama (piss off, 22nd amendment)
B) Hillary
C) Bernie
D) Zombie Bill Clinton

And why do you pick them?

Easy. Bernie, hands down.

Any of them practically guarantees even more congress seats for the Republicans in 2018 and hopefully a good Candidate in 2020.

The only Problem is the GOP establishment is in control of the Republican party and Bernie will probably get anything he wants anyways.. (see current ***)

Trump should be making his run more about defeating both ruling parties right now. He has the support built up. When Bernie fails to get the DNC nod and Trump gets screwed at the convention, he can build a third party that may have a chance against the GOP and DNC.

The hate for both parties is there, someone needs to get the required merits and job points to wield it successfully!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1348 1349 1350 ... 1375 1376 1377