Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1345 1346 1347 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Bloodrose 2016-03-15 17:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
A friend of mine who doesn't follow the elections asked me to explain the candidates if they were FFXI players. This is what I came up with:

Hillary: SCH who used to be a sackholder for an oldschool HNM LS. Still does endgame now, but is also big on soloing stuff. Questions on the legitimacy of her solos pop up since it looks like she's using third-party programs. She also made a mythic surprisingly fast for someone who doesn't craft or do Salvage.
Bernie: PUP who can tank Reisenjima T4 stuff when his friends ask for his help, but doesn't actually have an endgame LS. Has two social LSs full of casual players. Helps low level people walk to Jeuno, etc. Forever fighting the stigma of lolPUP. Doesn't use Windower.
Trump: BST who inherited an account full of crafting mules and ancient currency. Doesn't actually understand how crafting works and regularly makes things at a loss. Has made all relic weapons, despite only playing BST, and has only done trials on the axe anyway. His bazaar contains a lot of HQ garbage with his name signed on it. His favorite strategy is to use Unleash and Run Wild, letting his pets do all the fighting.
Cruz: RDM who only ever buffs himself, though maybe refreshes the WHM. Fond of subbing NIN as if he was tanking or something. Always uses his favorite enspell and melees with swords, but his accuracy is ***. Wears the RDM AF armor cuz he likes the traditional RDM look. His bazaar contains a bunch of 1 byne bills listed at the value of 100 byne bills. Lots on everything, and even got a Tartarus Platemail despite not being able to wear it.
Rubio: PLD with good gear, including Aegis and Ochain, but nevertheless gets his *** kicked against most stuff. The things that don't kill him, he's dead weight against and can't hold hate. Doesn't consider NIN or RUN tank jobs, and regularly rants about SE.
Kasich: MNK with sparks gear. Dude can't get a win anywhere, not even against Tojil (but he's really practiced with the Matamata by now). Seems nice enough but he's ultimately dead weight in just about any situation. All of his accessories are from the 75 or Abyssea eras.

And some others:

Jeb: DRK who had pretty much anything money can buy, but was still bad at his job. Quit due to having nobody to play with.
Carson: BRD who buffed and went AFK. Maxed out Lullaby merits.
Christie: WAR who got banned for pos hacking before finishing his Ukonvasara.
Fiorina: Never even hit 99 before quitting.
Romney: RNG who relies on shouts to do stuff. Doesn't have an endgame LS. Hates BST strategies. Made a relic gun just before the enmity changes and is still bitter about it.
Biden: BLM who's really great at the job, but logs in like maybe once a month cuz he has a family now or something.
There needs to be more amusing job comparisons like this, of political figures.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-15 19:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Thieves are destroying my contry future.
They are in everywhere.
Stealing, corrupting and making fun of our intelligence.
I sympathize. I cheer for your protesters.

But in America we have made corruption legal. At least in the country of the future you can hope that the corrouptors will be punished. Here they are lauded and given constitutional protections by the "originalists" on our supreme court.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-15 19:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump won Florida. Can we tease Amanda yet? lol
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-15 19:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Rubio drops out, as predicted
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-15 23:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, so it looks like Hillary passed Bernie at the very end in Missouri, and Trump held off Cruz as well. Neither race has been called with 99% reporting.
 Diabolos.Prodigy
Server: Diabolos
user: Prodigy
By Diabolos.Prodigy 2016-03-16 00:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Why's it sit there at 99% forever. They dragging it out on purpose for the ratings?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-16 00:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh it usually takes more than a day to get to 100% reporting, I'm sure both of the losers will claim a tie, and the winners will declare victory.
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 08:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump Are Winning Votes, but Not Hearts

Excellent article on the topic of having two frontrunners who are just shitty people that no one (with a working brain) actually likes.

I think the thing that bothers me the most about Hillary is that she's so middle-of-the-road and wishy-washy on topics that I'm not sure she wouldn't happily accept the Republican nomination and jump ship to most of their points-of-view if it meant she could be president.

And if we go by actions, not what she says, she's got far more of a conservative streak in her past than I'm comfortable with, especially on the financial/business side of things.

I have to think that somewhere deep down, even though they'd never admit it, there are a lot of fiscally conservative businessfolk rooting for her because she's right now the closest thing they've got to maintaining the status quo.

Quote:
Even as they watched the two candidates amass large margins on Tuesday, historians and strategists struggled to recall a time when more than half the country has held such stubbornly low opinions of the leading figures in the Democratic and Republican Parties.

“There is no analogous election in the modern era where the two top candidates for the nomination are as divisive and weak,” said Steve Schmidt, a top campaign adviser to George W. Bush in 2004 and John McCain in 2008. “There is no precedent for it.”

Mrs. Clinton’s commanding wins in the swing states of Ohio, North Carolina and Florida seemed to hobble the once robust challenge of Senator Bernie Sanders. And Mr. Trump’s dominance in Florida, North Carolina and Illinois knocked out Senator Marco Rubio and propelled Mr. Trump even closer to the Republican nomination.

This would be the moment, under normal circumstances, when the de facto nominees, emerging victorious from the intramural skirmishes of their parties’ nominating contests, would invite an eager national electorate to take their measure. And in their victory speeches, both tried their best, issuing broad appeals for Americans to unite behind them.

But Mr. Trump has unnerved many Americans with his inflammatory oratory and radical-sounding proposals. And Mrs. Clinton, while viewed as a more seasoned and serious political figure, has struggled in her campaign to win the trust of the American electorate. And it is all but impossible for the country to take a fresh look at them.

America has lived with Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton, in a remarkably intimate fashion, for decades, processing their controversies, achievements and setbacks, from impeachment to marital breakdowns, Senate victories to flashy skyscraper openings. Voters’ impressions of them, with few exceptions, are largely formed and fixed. According to Gallup, 53 percent of Americans have an unfavorable opinion of Mrs. Clinton and 63 percent have such a view of Mr. Trump.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 08:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
there are a lot of fiscally conservative businessfolk rooting for her

no... we hate her with the white hot passion of a thousand suns.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 08:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

twice as many people voted in the republican primary as the democrat.

suffer and weep

Full disclosure- I jumped parties and voted for bernie in an attempt to overthrow her royal majesty queen hillary the obnoxious... and was soundly twarted
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 08:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

She's got enough corporate backing that your collective "we" is clearly not unanimous.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-16 08:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So many people complain they don't wanna be ruled by banks. Then what's the point of voting for Clinton, it's like giving the government to Wall Street!

Sucks to be Bernie though, very close call in Illinois and Missouri.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 08:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

twice as many people voted in the republican primary as the democrat.

suffer and weep

Full disclosure- I jumped parties and voted for bernie in an attempt to overthrow her royal majesty queen hillary the obnoxious... and was soundly twarted

If I had to guess, I'd say that's because a lot of Dems are indifferent between candidates because they're not very different on social issues, or they're just too lazy to get out and vote in a primary (who'd have thought; lazy young people!?).

On the other hand, the GOP, being the hot mess that it is right now, has a lot of people chomping at the bit to see their party going in the "right" direction (multiple plays on the word "right" intended).

I know that one way or another the GOP establishment has to be *** off six ways from Sunday with Cruz and Trump being their only major choices. But that's the party/voter base they've pandered to for 20+ years now. They're reaping what they've sown and they're sharing the bounty with the rest of us.

AREN'T WE LUCKY!?
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 08:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
So many people complain they don't wanna be ruled by banks. Then what's the point of voting for Clinton, it's like giving the government to Wall Street!

Sucks to be Bernie though, very close call in Illinois and Missouri.

The question is, does Bernie end up as VP even if he loses?

I can see some strength in that ticket.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 08:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

She's got enough corporate backing that your collective "we" is clearly not unanimous.

that we buy both sides of the isle should surprise no one...
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-16 08:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Does he? Didn't read any on that, I figured it'd just be the same people recycled again.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 08:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

GOP establishment

their last best hope is kasich pulling off some sort of a miracle/back door shenanigans to capture the nomination.

the question is, are any of the big money super pacs that backed the other losers going to double down on kasich hoping for an upset
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-16 08:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Republicans soaking democrats in primary voter turnout.

Liberals should be nervous.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-16 08:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Rubio just give his delegates to Kasich? I'm not sure how that works.

Cause otherwise his presence there seems pointless. I read he is just trying to stall the nomination for Trump to not reach the quorum so that the party can decide instead of people(which is ethically questionable).
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-16 08:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

GOP establishment

their last best hope is kasich pulling off some sort of a miracle/back door shenanigans to capture the nomination.

the question is, are any of the big money super pacs that backed the other losers going to double down on kasich hoping for an upset

Well, Kasich's stated plan is to try and force a brokered convention; he would need to win every remaining state with like 80+% of the vote in order to win the nomination without one.

My assumption is that the establishment types who were on the Rubot train have quietly assured him that if he can force it to go to the convention, they'll get his back, with the idea that he can win swing states (like Ohio, which has always had real importance to presidential contests).

There is literally no other reason for him to be in the race otherwise, as winning the nomination outright is functionally impossible (and in a week, will be mathematically impossible).
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 08:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see some strength in that ticket.

I don't. The dems need young people to actually stop smoking pot long enough to go vote in november... they need a vp that is some sort of millennial superstar..../thinks

can they surgically remove / get kim kardashian's butt to run as vp?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-16 08:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

GOP establishment

They would be that stupid as to give the nomination to Kasich after Trump and Cruz stomp out everyone else.

I for one will not vote for any establishment stand in. If Trump runs third party, I will vote for him. Otherwise I'll write in Cruz.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 09:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Rubio just give his delegates to Kasich? I'm not sure how that works.

it's stupid complicated...but in a second/third ballot they can vote for whoever they want.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-16 09:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump signed that thing where he pledged to not run as third. Can he just ignore that? I mean sure he would, but can he actually?
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 09:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Anyone with common sense began getting nervous the second this country began taking a Donald Trump presidency as anything but an SNL skit.

It's *** up no matter how you look at it.

Then again, so is our country.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-16 09:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone with common sense began getting nervous the second this country began taking a Donald Trump presidency as anything but an SNL skit.
I think it all started as an elaborate troll but the joke got too out of hand and now he can't call it quit anymore!
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 09:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They would be that stupid as to give the nomination to Kasich after Trump and Cruz stomp out everyone else.

I for one will not vote for any establishment stand in. If Trump runs third party, I will vote for him. Otherwise I'll write in Cruz.

we aren't concerned at all how you will vote, only maintaining power.

how many elections do we have to throw before the tea party notices the pattern?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 09:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it all started as an elaborate troll but the joke got too out of hand and now he can't call it quit anymore!

That's my theory as well.

It's all elaborate satire gone too far.

Not for the first time I say that Trump might actually just be Andy Kaufman in disguise, having faked his own death.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-16 09:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's *** up no matter how you look at it.

Then again, so is our country.

Anyone with common sense has been nervous since Hillary declared her intentions for POTUS back in 08
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-03-16 09:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama is about to nominate a Supreme Court Justice.

Awwwww that's cute.

He still thinks people give a crap about what he does.
First Page 2 3 ... 1345 1346 1347 ... 1375 1376 1377