Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1328 1329 1330 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-10 16:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no tolerance for people who look for all kind of dumb excuses to not vaccinate.

I suggest agents hidden in schoolyard bushes armed with blowpipes.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-10 16:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I have no tolerance for people who look for all kind of dumb excuses to not vaccinate.

I already know liberals are intolerant self-righteous a-holes but thanks for the confirmation
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-10 16:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Why should I tolerate people that threaten the well being of literally everyone else.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-10 16:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-10 16:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Why should I tolerate people that threaten the well being of literally everyone else.
You shame them publicly instead.

Make fun of them, bully them into submission, make their lives a living hell, that sort of thing.

Besides, we all know that humans are the most intolerable beings in the universe.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-10 16:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't have to, you have the freedom to make that choice. What you can't to is choose to have no tolerance BUT at the same time claim to be the "tolerant one".

Does that make sense?

Oh and if you didn't get a flu shot one year, you threatened the well being of people in a similar manner.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-10 16:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Endangering public health exceeds the limitations of normal tolerance. There is no conflict no matter how much you feel like there is in order to remotely support your flailing argument.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-03-10 16:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

I already know liberals are intolerant self-righteous a-holes but thanks for the confirmation
And conservatives would rather endanger everyone around them unnecessarily because "Muh-freedom". I'd take an *** over someone like that any day.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-10 16:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

And here I deluded myself thinking that without Lordgrim we would be fine at least on this topic.

Guess even the most obvious things need to be fought through..
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-03-10 16:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You're not going to let me endanger other people by not getting vaccinated?

YouTube Video Placeholder
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-10 16:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There is actually anti-vax stuff going on still? I thought they all died of smallpox.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-03-10 16:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's almost like the whole point of joining a society is to give up certain freedoms in order to live a better life, like not dying of preventable diseases constantly.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-10 16:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Endangering public health exceeds the limitations of normal tolerance. There is no conflict no matter how much you feel like there is in order to remotely support your flailing argument.
Realistically, when you think about it, the anti-vax crowd is only a handful. With the exception of their children, by them not vaccinating themselves, who exactly are they hurting? Probably not even a hundred-thousandth of the population at large, including themselves.

If they choose to not get vaccines, they end up dying to the diseases they choose to not get vaccinated for. Chalk that up to Darwinism.

But, honestly, with the exception of their offspring, there is no danger to public health, especially since almost everyone is vaccinated against said diseases already.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-10 16:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
who exactly are they hurting?
Anyone who they could potentially spread a disease or illness to. Vaccines aren't exactly 100% considering you usually get the flu within a week of a flu shot. They also aren't 100% in causing autism, but whatever.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-10 16:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »

And conservatives would rather endanger everyone around them unnecessarily because "Muh-freedom". I'd take an *** over someone like that any day.
Anti-vax is not a conservative/liberal ideal.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-10 16:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This is P&R where everything is a conservative/liberal ideal.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-10 16:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a failing argument, you're a bigger risk to the well being of the people (public health) around you if you don't get your flu shot than if you don't get your measles shot.

You're probably a bigger overall risk to the well being of people if you go into work one day when you don't feel well, instead of just staying home.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-10 16:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Anyone who they could potentially spread a disease or illness to. Vaccines aren't exactly 100% considering you usually get the flu within a week of a flu shot. They also aren't 100% in causing autism, but whatever.
If people refuse to get a flu shot, so be it.

I think what we are talking about is the more serious diseases that are preventable by vaccine, like measles.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-10 16:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Blowpipes I tell you guys.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-10 16:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If people refuse to get a flu shot, so be it.

I think what we are talking about is the more serious diseases that are preventable by vaccine, like measles.
...and cooties.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-10 16:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

We should all line up and get the anti-Oklahoman shot. Prevents us from being Oklahoman.

Edit: and cooties too.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-03-10 16:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It shouldn't be. However the thing I just quoted was Nausi calling forcing vaccinations a liberal idea.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-10 16:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Realistically, when you think about it, the anti-vax crowd is only a handful. With the exception of their children, by them not vaccinating themselves, who exactly are they hurting? Probably not even a hundred-thousandth of the population at large, including themselves.

If they choose to not get vaccines, they end up dying to the diseases they choose to not get vaccinated for. Chalk that up to Darwinism.

But, honestly, with the exception of their offspring, there is no danger to public health, especially since almost everyone is vaccinated against said diseases already.
Seha already addressed why it matters to the rest of us. Aside from the threat of a mutating pathogen, there are people who don't produce the proper immune response to the vaccine (people with immune disorders). Immunity also wanes with time necessitating the need for booster shots. Or we could simply wipe theses diseases out with the use of childhood immunizations. Simpler.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-10 16:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It shouldn't be. However the thing I just quoted was Nausi calling forcing vaccinations a liberal idea.
That's when you ignore Nausi.

Rarely he has good points, but most of his posts are generally broad attacks against "the enemy"
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-10 16:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah actually way more libs are on that train than us rednecks.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-10 16:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Seha already addressed why it matters to the rest of us. Aside from the threat of a mutating pathogen, there are people who don't produce the proper immune response to the vaccine (people with immune disorders). Immunity also wanes with time necessitating the need for booster shots. Or we could simply wipe theses diseases out with the use of childhood immunizations. Simpler.
This is why everyone without vaccinations should be executed. :)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-10 16:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that what herd-immunity is supposed to take care of? If most people who can get a vaccine gets it, it should protect those who cannot (at least my understanding of the concept).

I mean, that would explain why measles isn't an epidemic here in the US, even those who have immune disorders are less likely to get measles in the US than those outside the US.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-03-10 16:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

All people who have Tharja is their waifu also.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-10 16:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lock 'em up in a lab and use them to experiment. Much more worthy use of living beings than killing them. Also makes animal activists happy.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-10 16:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaccine police state!

Have random searches of people's vaccine records.

<Cop> Well sir, it looks like you are up to date on all your vaccines...wait, what's this? Your booster shot for tetanus has expired? CODE 420, I REPEAT, WE HAVE A CODE 420 HERE, OFFICER IS TAKING HEAVY FIRE *gunshots*
First Page 2 3 ... 1328 1329 1330 ... 1375 1376 1377