Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1327 1328 1329 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2016-03-10 10:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
You'd be the first to give an Ebola vaccine to every single immigrant.

Immigrants aren't people, silly.

That's also why you can malign them while paying them sub-par wages under the table to pad your profits.
By Ramyrez 2016-03-10 10:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
No, I wouldn't. I would simply refuse them entry. Please tell me you understand the difference.

Given that it could lead to death for them and vaccinating them wouldn't, somewhat oddly, forcing them to be vaccinated would be the humane thing.

"Please tell me you understand the differences."

What about unprotected sex out of marriage (that's far riskier) you might get sick there too.

So maybe your chosen elected officials should stop trying to ban access to free prophylactics.

You're the one -- at least, as far as we can judge by the politicians you support -- who wants more unprotected sex.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-10 11:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do you get the right to forcibly inject someone eles's child with a syringe?
Since you're an unfit parent, someone else has to take care of it.

edit: generic 'you'
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-10 11:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm definitely not what anyone would call authoritarian, as having "the greater good" being carried out in such personally invasive matters by an organization as inefficient, dysfunctional, and corrupt as the U.S. government is often just an invitation to misery.

That being said, I hold vaccines as the great exception. Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to buy into this anti-vax crap? A few short doctor visits and BAM, your child is immune to some nasty, preventable diseases.

But nah, my child's fine. I have maple syrup in the pantry!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-10 12:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't measles, little Johnny. Those are freedom spots.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-10 14:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I'm definitely not what anyone would call authoritarian, as having "the greater good" being carried out in such personally invasive matters by an organization as inefficient, dysfunctional, and corrupt as the U.S. government is often just an invitation to misery.

That being said, I hold vaccines as the great exception. Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to buy into this anti-vax crap? A few short doctor visits and BAM, your child is immune to some nasty, preventable diseases.

But nah, my child's fine. I have maple syrup in the pantry!

I agree it's a tragedy, I agree they're dumb, but ultimately it's their choice how to raise their kid. Walking around in public void of popular vaccinations is not equal to walking around infected with ebola.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-10 14:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Next thing you know, you'll be forced to educate your children.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-10 14:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey it's illegal to educate them outside the state system in Germany.

Go indoctrination! Those state workers do need something to do after all.
By Ramyrez 2016-03-10 14:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The major indoctrination done via schools in this country is done via private religious institutions and by those markers put into play by "god-fearing" members of the government.

Why the hell do you think we have kids waste time every day reciting the pledge of allegiance?

Really heartfelt dedication there, drolly reciting something that's been forced into you daily for years...swelling with patriotic juices, they are.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-10 14:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Kids reciting the pledge at school isn't a symbol of educational indoctrination but rather religious indoctrination?

Boy Ramy you're really something today.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-10 14:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

it's their choice how to raise their kid
It's negligent parenting and a danger to the rest of the civilization.

This choice shouldn't be given.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-03-10 14:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/stabbing-victim-pulls-knife-from-own-neck-kill-terrorist/
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-10 14:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Resilience level: Hollywood.
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-03-10 15:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a major difference between being forced to school with state supervision and your statement. After graduating from one of our schools one knows the difference.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-10 15:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The Flu is a far bigger public health threat than the anti-vax people. How come we don't force everyone to get a flu shot?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-10 15:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It may not be logistically feasible given the need for an annual vaccination and the large population of the country. I dunno. But some healthcare organizations do require a mandatory flu shot.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-03-10 15:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Flu shots are pretty different from other vaccinations. We're talking a shot you get seasonally that may or may not help prevent a frequently changing disease, compared to illnesses that you're certain to prevent using a single inoculation.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-10 15:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
It may not be logistically feasible given the need for an annual vaccination and the large population of the country. I dunno. But some healthcare organizations do require a mandatory flu shot.

Private institutions? Clearly comparing mandatory public vaccinations to private ones is apples to apples.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-10 15:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Flu shots are pretty different from other vaccinations. We're talking a shot you get seasonally that may or may not help prevent a frequently changing disease, compared to illnesses that you're certain to prevent using a single inoculation.

Yeah but far more people are affected by and DIE from the flu every year than the people die from the objection to popular vaccinations.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-10 15:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

We should give polio better chances to mutate, it's only fair, afterall why can the flu have this privilege and not other viruses? That's racist! What about tetanus?! Whopping cough?? Stop virus discrimination and let them all mutate freely!!

That way we can also finally curb the world population without needing wars!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-10 16:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Private institutions? Clearly comparing mandatory public vaccinations to private ones is apples to apples.
You're the one trying to compare flu vaccines with childhood vaccines. And I even *** said that it probably wasn't possible to mandate publicly.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-03-10 16:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Yeah but far more people are affected by and DIE from the flu every year than the people die from the objection to popular vaccinations.
Vaccination rates are above 90% in the US. Flu shot rates are high 50's for children and low 40's for adults. If the vaccination rates were that low, I guarantee you that we'd be seeing a number of cases/deaths relating to those diseases that would overtake the flu as a threat.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-10 16:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The flu's a whole different beast altogether. Its ability to mutate quickly to a point where you need multiple strains in a single vaccine just to even have a chance at defending against it makes it unlike most other vaccines. If there were a way to practically eradicate the flu with a vaccine and people willfully objected to it based on nothing other than bogus science and conspiracy theories, then yeah, I'd be a little miffed. As it stands, you could force everyone to get flu shots and people would still get the flu every year, so the comparison is moot.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-10 16:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh completely wrong argument.
Dude..we keep chasing after the flu because it has so many incubators that the virus mutates at a speed that makes it really hard to completely stop(for now). It's why flu vaccines have such a limited coverage and why when a particularly aggressive strain pops up it becomes a worldwide problem.
Do you understand what happens if our protection against these other viruses drops too? Vaccines are made against one type of virus, if you let the virus evolve into something new it's not just yourself you're putting at risk anymore.

This is prevention from very nasty consequences. We can't let irresponsible people destroy this layer that protects everybody else.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-10 16:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks, don't be handing out P&R flu shots now!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-10 16:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a suppository actually.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-10 16:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
The flu's a whole different beast altogether. Its ability to mutate quickly to a point where you need multiple strains in a single vaccine just to even have a chance at defending against makes it unlike most other vaccines. If there were a way to practically eradicate the flu with a vaccine and people willfully objected to it based on nothing other than bogus science and conspiracy theories, then yeah, I'd be a little miffed. As it stands, you could force everyone to get flu shots and people would still get the flu every year, so the comparison is moot.

Vaccines don't work 100% of the time either. In each case you can get vaccinated and still get the flu OR the measles (or whatever).

You would still have an exponentially bigger impact on public health if you forced everyone to get a flu shot than if you forced every single anti vaxer to stick their kids.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-10 16:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a suppository actually.
Only for you Pleebo, since you enjoy it so much~
By volkom 2016-03-10 16:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

friend linked me this. thought it was funny