Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1312 1313 1314 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Altimaomega 2016-03-05 14:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-03-05 15:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-03-05 15:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Who says I'm being passive aggressive, you're making ffxiah great again!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-05 15:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Inside Ted Cruz's plan to sink Marco Rubio in Florida
CNN

TLDR: He will help Trump win in hopes that Rubio will drop out. Somehow I don't he has thought this through all the way. That's 99 winner take all delegates at stake.

Quote:
Ted Cruz is going for the kill shot.

Cruz's aides and allies are preparing an aggressive effort to keep Marco Rubio from winning his home state of Florida on March 15, a blow they hope would render Rubio's path to the GOP nomination unimaginable and force him to withdraw.

A Rubio loss, Cruz's orbit believes, would then set up the two-man race with Donald Trump they believe they are destined for -- and absolutely need -- to win.

"Florida's a burning dumpster fire for Marco Rubio," said Cruz spokesman Ron Nehring. "If he doesn't win his own state, it's hard to rationalize going forward."

The strategy is not without risk: A Trump victory in Florida puts him 99 delegates closer to clinching the GOP nomination, weakening rivals' hopes of keeping him from reaching the delegate threshold and then defeating him at a brokered convention. And keeping Rubio from climbing is likely to cost millions of dollars.

A February poll showed Rubio 16 points ahead of Cruz, but 16 points behind Trump, who led the field in the Quinnipiac University survey at 48%.

Cruz is planning to spend part of next week in Florida, and in recent days his campaign opened 10 offices across the state. Under the direction of one of the aides who engineered his Iowa win, deputy Iowa state director Spence Rogers, Cruz has 300 county chairs and his campaign is preparing to unveil major endorsements and a list of Cuban-American supporters in coming days.

He shouldn't be short of cash. Cruz will attend a major fundraiser Monday in Houston, and the main pro-Cruz super PAC, Keep the Promise, unveiled a new big-money group Friday meant to draw in top donors. Keep the Promise is expected to advertise heavily in Florida.

With 10 media markets, Florida is one of the most expensive states in the country in which to advertise. Ten days out, the advertising war is frantic and escalating, as super PACs and campaigns empty their war chests on the first winner-take-all day on the GOP calendar. Paul Porter, a top Cruz fundraiser from Florida who helped set up Cruz's ground game in the state, said the race would now be dominated in part by negative advertisements.

Blake MacDiarmid, an unaligned Florida Republican strategist, said Team Cruz's overwhelming focus should be to "slice and dice" Rubio in Florida and make his home turf a "real Rubicon."

"Train your super PACs and your messaging on Rubio and keep him from getting up and winning," said MacDiarmid. "If you give him a little bit of Gatorade, the guy can make it happen."
By Jetackuu 2016-03-05 17:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
It is not okay to put "I ♥ America" on the American flag. It is especially not okay to deface the American flag with other countries flags.

Actually it is, and it's most definitely not defacing it.

Their right to free speech gives them a right to self expression, including doing both of those things you just mentioned. It also gives people the right to step on it or burn it in protest.

If you want to whine about it like a little baby then by all means do so, but you'll just continue to prove to others what many of us already know.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-03-05 17:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Breaking News: Respect is now feels and offensive.

Update your synonyms before the liberals become outraged....
So do you also rage when the flag is disrespected in all other ways, like using the design as clothing, plates, napkins, or anything else to show how much you love ignoring the flag code?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-05 17:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
That's only cause Altima considers the flag "defaced". No one else does, so no there's no equivalence except for him.

And not everyone considers drawing pictures of Christmas trees and Santa Claus "religion in schools". There are just certain people who shouldn't be calling out other people for getting worked up over little things.
When there are multiple SCOTUS cases regarding " "defacing" flags made by children then we can start comparing.

Quote:
The United States Supreme Court has determined that schools may celebrate the holidays and create displays as
long as they so do within “the context of the Christmas season” and the religious component of their display does
not dominate but simply represents one element of a holiday that has obtained secular status in our society. Lynch
v. Donnelly, 465.U.S. 668, 679, and 691 (1984). Under this ruling, a Christmas tree would be appropriate while a
cross or a nativity scene would not. Crosses and nativity scenes are purely religious symbols that have not gained
secular status in our society and therefore may not be displayed in public schools.

So, uh, where is this SCOTUS precedence for not allowing Christmas trees and Santa Claus in schools?
You're arguing against your own strawman.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-05 17:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Things that jet can say but gets Altima banned

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Breaking News: Respect is now feels and offensive.

Update your synonyms before the liberals become outraged....
So do you also rage when the flag is disrespected in all other ways, like using the design as clothing, plates, napkins, or anything else to show how much you love ignoring the flag code?

Both your points have nothing to do with how children are being taught. Good job trying to straw man, while proving that your ilk cannot follow a simple conversation without coming unhinged.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-05 18:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, pretty sure you and Jet don't even know what you're talking about anymore.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-03-05 18:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about Pleebs, but I know exactly what I'm talking about. It's not really that difficult to follow.
By fonewear 2016-03-05 18:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

To summarize:

[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-03-05 18:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Unrelated.

Either
-you are adamant there is no creator deity
-you are adamant there is a creator deity
-you think one could exist but you don't believe they do.

Forget about religion and finding holes in it; Religion will always be full of flaws because man will always be full of flaws.

You forgot about those who don't give a ***.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-05 18:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

For not giving a ***you quickly fired that post off.
By Ackeron 2016-03-05 18:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah, multiple reports for your current slap fight. This is the warning. If I have to come back in here the hammer is gonna fall.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-05 18:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news, looks like Cruz is 2/5 so far today might get Louisiana. Trump fever may be running its coarse.
By Jetackuu 2016-03-05 19:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

For not giving a ***you quickly fired that post off.

You assume incorrectly that I put myself in that category.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-05 19:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You assume that I care. For someone that despises people not explaining themselves you sure rely on assumption a lot.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-03-05 19:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The incident you're talking about was over the religious imagery, not Santa or coniferous trees. It was the inclusion of one set of religious symbols and exclusion of all others. Exactly the context of that ruling.

Side note, the flag code isn't criminal law, even flag burning is protected under the first amendment.
By Jetackuu 2016-03-05 19:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You assume that I care. For someone that despises people not explaining themselves you sure rely on assumption a lot.

No I don't, on all of the above.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-05 19:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

The incident you're talking about was over the religious imagery, not Santa or coniferous trees. It was the inclusion of one set of religious symbols and exclusion of all others. Exactly the context of that ruling.

Side note, the flag code isn't criminal law, even flag burning is protected under the first amendment.

I wasn't talking about one particular incident, but I'll save Ack the trouble and just leave it at that.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-03-05 19:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't talking about one particular incident, but I'll save Ack the trouble and just leave it at that.

Care to be more specific where santa and christmas trees being included caused a stir or is this just some hypothetical situation?
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-03-05 19:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
So yeah, multiple reports for your current slap fight. This is the warning. If I have to come back in here the hammer is gonna fall.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-03-05 19:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
Ackeron said: »
Mjollnir* FFXI-wise anyway...
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-05 19:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Flag burning is the ONLY PROPER WAY TO DISPOSE OF A WORN OUT FLAG.

Tossing the flag in the landfill with disposable diapers is desecration.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-05 19:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Chanti at least understands. Probably because she is ancient though. XD
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-05 20:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

No Alti.

Because I was raised to believe and understand.

But that's kinda ancient, isn't it?
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-05 20:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly.
It is apparently to much to ask that people actually raise their children with respect and belief in the country they live in.

Hell, these guys even act like they have no clue what we are even talking about its terrible. They have to associate it with something to make it perverse so they can feel morally sane or something I don't understand.

To be clear this isn't a personal attack on anyone it is actually the argument that was chosen to use.
First Page 2 3 ... 1312 1313 1314 ... 1375 1376 1377