Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1310 1311 1312 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2016-03-04 13:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Do you discredit JK Rowling because her story was about fake wizards in a fake England?

jk rowling is worth a billion dollars...

REAL DOLLARS

She writes fiction and makes real money...is such a thing even possible!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-04 13:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Do you discredit JK Rowling because her story was about fake wizards in a fake England?

jk rowling is worth a billion dollars...

REAL DOLLARS

Dollars have no value, I learned that from my End the Fed DVD.
By fonewear 2016-03-04 13:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2016-03-04 13:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry we can spend our way out of this deficit !

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-04 13:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

just wow...

I had no idea I even had this much pity...

/long drink from whiskey flask
[+]
 Bahamut.Alukat
Server: Bahamut
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2016-03-04 13:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Don't worry we can spend our way out of this deficit !

all money is debt ;)
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-03-04 14:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Spoken like a truly entitled millenial.

It's always someone else's fault.
Says the guy that continually blames liberals and Obama for all the issues we now face... Man priceless ***here...

Look it's not always someone else's fault but you know sometimes it is. Stop acting like someone trying to place blame where it might lie is something completely ludicrous.

You're not even on the same contextual planet.

Sparth blaming baby boomers for being stuck in his basement is not equivalent to me blaming liberals for the results of their failed policies.
So just like him all you can do is *** about how it's someone else's fault... Then you go and try to justify it.... Maybe if you'd actually done something to stop them filthy liberals from enacting their policies we wouldn't be in the mess we are now!

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-03-04 14:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi and altimas argument style... Just tell them they're wrong and act like you've won lol...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-04 14:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

utter nonsense that misses the point

I can't make something of myself because republicans have obstructed the solution to climate change.

Thanks republicans.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-04 14:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
So Trump just decided he wouldn't target ISIS member families and torture terrorists after yesterdays backlash.

I'm glad Trump has backed off committing blatant war crimes.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-03-04 14:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised! rednecks were really lappin' that ***up.
By fonewear 2016-03-04 14:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

They were in Detroit mind you were there are exactly 3 white people !

I've been to Detroit it is sorta like a third world country.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-04 15:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
I made people wealthy. Alot of people.

Somebody sounds like Trump.

*takes off hairpiece* GOD FINALLY.

Do you know how much thinking it took to keep up this ridiculous charade?
Do you know how much I don't care? I noticed the trump lines right off the bat, you're pitiful attempt at comparison is pitiful. Especially the part where you blame others for your failures while being too lazy to do it yourself.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-04 15:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Detroit makes third world countries look good. Vote Democrat!
By Altimaomega 2016-03-04 15:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi and altimas argument style... Just tell them they're wrong and act like you've won lol...
In contrast to yours. Act like you've won while saying nothing.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-03-04 16:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ben Carson is officially out just reported.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-04 17:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Two days late Slore.

Last time I was in Detroit they still made cars there.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-04 17:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Maine Officials Wobble on Key Detail in Killing of Pot Initiative
Secretary of state says office contacted notary before tossing 17,000 signatures. Office says he wrongly assumed common step was taken.

U. S. News and world report.

TLDR: The Secretary of state tossed out 17,000 signatures on a pro pot initiative 'cause reasons.

Quote:
Maine officials have provided inconsistent accounts about whether they contacted a public notary before denying ballot access to a marijuana legalization initiative based solely on the belief the notary's handwriting was inconsistent on forms containing 17,000 otherwise valid signatures.

The various tellings of whether the notary was asked for an explanation come amid debate on whether they should have been contacted and whether the signature, which is required on petition forms, actually was inconsistent.

On Wednesday, Maine Secretary of State Matt Dunlap seemed to imply his office contacted the notary before its decision, telling Maine Public Radio, “it became apparent to us that we could not get good answers to our questions about the relationship between the notary and the circulator.”

But on Thursday, a spokeswoman for the secretary of state’s office, Kristen Schulze Muszynski, told U.S. News election staff “did not directly follow up with the notary,” as their signature on forms was "markedly different" from one the state had on file and on other documents they had notarized.

Later on Thursday, an interview with Dunlap aired on WGME-TV, in which he said his office had contacted the notary.

"We did talk to them about that," he told the local TV station. "Obviously the answers were unsatisfactory."

The notary has not been publicly named by the state or the legalization campaign, but initiative campaign manager David Boyer says he knows the person and that the signatures looked consistent to him. The notary, he said, denies ever being contacted.

On Friday morning, Muszynski clarified to U.S. News that Dunlap misspoke because he assumed his office followed its common practice of contacting notaries when there’s an issue.

“The secretary’s comment was not accurate yesterday; he spoke with that news outlet prior to when I had a chance to confirm with elections [staff] that we had not reached out to that notary,” she says. “Since that process he cited is often pursued, he thought we had undertaken it with this notary as well, when in fact we did not.”

Boyer says that the disavowal of Dunlap’s latest remarks raises questions about how Dunlap could be unaware of what happened and why the common practice of contacting notaries about potential problems was not followed, particularly when an election initiative hinged on the outcome.

“We're very concerned about the apparent lack of consistency in statements from the secretary of state,” Boyer says. “When you are about to disenfranchise 17,000 registered voters based on a technicality, it is only logical to take a few simple steps to determine whether the notary signed the petitions or not.”

Earlier, Boyer said the secretary of state’s office had contacted him about the residency status of one petition circulator. He provided pay stubs to the office, and he says the circulator’s landlord was contacted for confirmation.

In Maine, notaries such as the one in question administer an oath to people who collect petition signatures for ballot initiatives. The canvassers must be state residents and swear to the notary they witnessed every signature be made on petition forms.

In defense of officials’ decision not to contact the notary, Muszynski says “there is no requirement for us to reach out to notaries to review signatures that are in question,” though “we often do, in our attempts to be thorough and insure the integrity of the process.”

This time, she says, “the time constraint of making the deadline to certify this petition was a significant a factor in not reaching out to all notaries whose signatures were questioned.” Elections staff were also working to certify four other initiatives at the time, she says, and the office has just 30 days to certify initiatives from the date of submission.

Now, the matter appears headed to court. The initiative campaign has 10 calendar days to file a challenge with the Maine Superior Court, which must rule within 40 days of Wednesday.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-04 17:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Last time I was in Detroit they still made cars there.
Way back when capitalism was the "in" thing and America didn't take ***from anyone.

Hey we got a black president now. Got that going for us.. I guess..
By fonewear 2016-03-04 18:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

He's been out since he announced he was running !
By Altimaomega 2016-03-04 18:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.hannity.com/articles/hanpr-election-493995/outrageous-public-school-students-taught-to-14451508/#ixzz41xdMfY6C

Quote:
Kindergarten students from PS75, a public school in New York City, recently took part in a class project in which the children were made to create an American flag with the flags of other 22 other nations superimposed over the stripes. Below the flag read the words "We pledge allegiance to an International Flag."
Teaching children about other countries is one thing. Degrading the American flag is incomprehensible and completely uncalled for.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-03-04 18:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Teaching children about other countries is one thing. Degrading the American flag is incomprehensible and completely uncalled for.

Couldn't agree more

[+]
By fonewear 2016-03-04 19:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's be honest elementary school is government sanctioned day care not a place to learn anything.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-04 19:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know Trump taught children about other countries.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-04 19:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

Couldn't agree more

I'm sure you meant this.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-04 19:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure he doesn't know what he means.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-05 05:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You took the same Outrage 101 class as Nausi didn't you?

Look at it. It's a giant US flag that is inclusive of the rest of the world(well, some of it, guess they couldn't be bothered to make em all).

Ffs.
By fonewear 2016-03-05 07:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

US flag should look like this: NSFW
By Altimaomega 2016-03-05 10:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You took the same Outrage 101 class as Nausi didn't you?

Look at it. It's a giant US flag that is inclusive of the rest of the world(well, some of it, guess they couldn't be bothered to make em all).

Ffs.

Perfect example between our points of view.
The American Flag is not to be defaced, period. Have some respect ffs.

You take that as non inclusive, nothing is wrong with children being taught about the rest of the world. It should be encouraged in respect of our own not while defacing our own.. Common sense!
First Page 2 3 ... 1310 1311 1312 ... 1375 1376 1377