Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1278 1279 1280 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-19 13:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
He'll make America great again just like Obama brought hope and change.

In Obama's defense .... I'll just say Americans don't know what they want, but it's pretty clear now they certainly don't want change.

You look at the success Trump and Sanders are having and you think Americans don't want change? That's... interesting.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-02-19 13:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Like real Americans would ever listen to an illegal immigrant.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-19 13:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

An alien is giving a pep talk on how to be American? Pfft, get one with Batman on it.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-19 13:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
You look at the success Trump and Sanders are having and you think Americans don't want change? That's... interesting.

Until the day they realize someone has to pay for the changes, then they don't want it.

Not all changes require sucking more tax money out of the public.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-19 14:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

More taxes, not always but you need to find the money somewhere. Like cutting in the budgets, so those being cut are paying for it.

ok look....

unfortunately in the real world... if you cut the budget, even in the lame *** "sequester" fashion, you create a rock thrown in a pond ripple effect that tears through the entire economy.

and ripples are bad. mmmk

one thing obama has kind of "learned" during his tenure is that actually doing anything has both intended and unintended consequences that are almost too horrible to imagine... so like the price of oil drops five dollars a barrel and all the sudden 50,000 eskimo babies die of fetal alcohol syndrome...

and so the rest of the world is like "Yeah Nice House of Cards You ***!!" and they are all bumping the table and blowing on it and douchebag stuff like that.... and then one of the cards falls and everybody in greece starves to death

and then they are like whoa dude that is some seriously *** up *** and Obama has his hands out like he is balancing on a high wire and whispering if you could stop being *** for fifteen minutes I...

and then another card falls over and syria and the ukraine explode into fifty million pieces...

hold it hold it hold it the next guy that breathes too hard and all the doughnut shops in canada go out of business....

and so the appeal of trump and sanders is they just don't give a *** and they are going to flip the table over and see what happens

so sure it's going to suck but at this point it beats pussyfooting around the table holding your breath like a bunch of pussies hoping nobody else in the world does something stupid...
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-19 14:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I'm excited by the prospect of brokered conventions on both the democratic and republican side. We need a repeat of the 68 chicago convention with billy clubs and pepper spray.
They didn't have pepper spray in '68. They did have tear gas.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-19 19:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeb! is so dead....

Bush staff float resumes with Florida consultants

Campaign sets travel schedule for Nevada but campaign workers fear his run ends before then.

Politico

Quote:
Several Jeb Bush campaign workers are already shopping their resumes with Florida political consultants as expectations mount inside his team that their candidate won’t push on after South Carolina.

“I can unequivocally tell you that people are looking for work because they say they’ve been led to believe that they won’t have a job because the campaign won’t be around any longer or their jobs won’t because the campaign won’t have any money,” said one Republican who helps run one of the Florida campaigns.

Four separate and senior political consultants in Florida said they have been negotiating with potential employees who are preparing for the end of the Bush campaign. The entreaties for new work from these Bush staffers – most of whom are not top-level campaign hands – have markedly increased apace with signs that the former Florida governor is under pressure to exit the race after Saturday’s GOP primary.

“I have people in [Marco] Rubio’s campaign and various campaigns I talk to and said ‘hey, if it doesn’t work out for you, come and work for us,’” said one of the consultants. “Suddenly in the past week, I’m getting calls and they’re asking me: ‘Are you looking for somebody?’ And those people are exclusively Jeb people.”

The only consultant who would speak on the record, West Palm Beach’s Randy Nielsen, is a Rubio supporter who is involved in a variety of legislative and local campaigns. He said Bush campaign workers are a sought-after commodity because “he has some talented folks on his team. A lot of people will sign them up in a NY minute.”

“Staffers are floating resumes now. We’ve been contacted by several. People have gotta eat, you know?” Nielsen said.

Whether it’s rooted in clear-eyed reality or just fear of reading bad headlines, the concern of some of these Bush staffers as they talk to other Republicans outside of the campaign feeds the background noise about the campaign being imminently in peril.

Bush and his campaign have consistently reminded the public, press and his own supporters that he’s in it for the long haul and that some polls show he’s doing relatively well in the Palmetto State. And on Friday, in the face of persistent questions about his post-South Carolina plans, the Bush team released a schedule of events in Nevada on Sunday and Monday.

“Jeb Bush is in an incredibly competitive position heading into the last 24 hours heading into South Carolina,” said spokeswoman Kristy Campbell. “He’s running hard and running to win. We are competitive in major polls over the past 48 to 72 hours and in the margin of error for second or third place here. After having come off a surprise victory over Marco Rubio in New Hampshire, we look forward to campaigning in Nevada, where Gov. Bush heads on Sunday after South Carolina. And we have organizations built out through the March states and beyond.”

Indeed, the distance between Bush and Rubio is small in some polls, while others show Rubio ahead by a larger margin.

In the average of South Carolina polls taken since the New Hampshire primary, Rubio pulls 17 percent support and is essentially tied with second-place Ted Cruz, who has 18 percent. Bush trails with 11 percent and is almost tied with fourth-place John Kasich, who stands at 10 percent and hasn’t put much effort into the state. Two of the last three polls, released on Friday, showed Rubio in second place with support in the low 20s and leading Bush by a margin of 13 percentage points each.

Donald Trump dominates in first place, with 34 percent in the polling averages.

“The people who work in the campaign business aren’t stupid. They can read the polls,” said a third Republican consultant who backs Rubio and is involved with a another Florida campaign. “A month ago, we had conversations with people and no one was interested. Now they are. They’re calling us asking ‘Hey, want to talk? I think I’m going to be free on Monday.’ All those people work for Jeb.”

Nielsen said the calls picked up Wednesday after Rubio was endorsed by South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and basked in the glow of positive press while Bush was nagged by headlines that he had wanted her support and was “disappointed.”

A fourth Republican consultant who is neutral in the race and is involved with multiple Florida campaigns says he heard from two job seekers who want to line something up to start in the next week. “I get the sense the existing campaigns are not absorbing many people from the remains and being the guy who attacked all the other campaigns is hurting folks.”
Good riddance to Hapsburg rubbish.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-20 15:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

New term!
Quote:
Rutgers students are displaying clear-cut signs of the crybully phenomenon, whereby the regressive left feels victimized, traumatized and attacked even while they are viciously attacking others.
Sounds familiar!
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/02/19/rutger-students-meltdown-after-listening-to-a-conservative-speaker-on-campus/
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-20 15:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It ain't just Rutgers and it ain't just the left Alti.

Its a generational thing. This from a generation protected and coddled by helicopter parents.

Offense = injury? IDK.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-02-20 15:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

WTF is regressive left? Some new term like SJW?
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-02-20 16:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary's firewall worked in NV.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-20 17:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

52-48 sounds very close, especially if you consider that this is a place where minorities were supposed to give Clinton a landslide victory.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-20 17:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully states can learn that caucuses are dumb. 80% reporting in Nevada and about 10,000 votes combined. It is such an ineffective way to measure opinions, and an even worse way to assign delegates. People had 8-11 hours to get to the polls and vote in NH/SC.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-02-20 18:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
52-48 sounds very close, especially if you consider that this is a place where minorities were supposed to give Clinton a landslide victory.

Nevada has a Latino population, but it's no where as big as Texas or California. Additionally, Sander's supporters were yelling "English-Only" trying to prevent Spanish speaking voters from listening to the translation.

Dolores Huerta Accuses Sanders Supporters Of Shutting Down Spanish Translation At Caucus
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-20 18:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

Nevada has a Latino population, but it's no where as big as Texas or California. Additionally, Sander's supporters were yelling "English-Only" trying to prevent Spanish speaking voters from listening to the translation.

Dolores Huerta Accuses Sanders Supporters Of Shutting Down Spanish Translation At Caucus
Wat. Why? That seems completely counter to what the person they support says.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-20 18:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

120k voters so far with 20% in with a population of 4.9mil for the rebups

11k voters with 84% for dems in state with 2.9mil voters..

Appears that a certain group of people feel the need to be heard. Still pretty damn sad considering how few people are voting compared to population size.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-20 18:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »

Wat. Why? That seems completely counter to what the person they support says.

You expect sanders supporters to make sense?
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-02-20 19:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They're bitter. They knew coming in the Clintons have a long history with the Latino community.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-20 19:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They're bitter. They knew coming in the Clintons have a long history with the Latino community.
I'm not anti sanders or anything but it does seem like his supporters just want to demonize anything Hillary. I don't like Hillary, but the amount of people I've seen say "If Bern doesn't win, I'll vote Trump just to say *** you Hillary" is insane. It's not even that they agree with Trump over Hillary, they would vote against their own interests because "Feel da Bern" lost to her.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-02-20 19:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not anti sanders or anything but it does seem like his supporters just want to demonize anything Hillary. I don't like Hillary, but the amount of people I've seen say "If Bern doesn't win, I'll vote Trump just to say *** you Hillary" is insane. It's not even that they agree with Trump over Hillary, they would vote against their own interests because "Feel da Bern" lost to her.

Because look at most of Berns supporters. I am not trying to be rude to younger people but they seem very immature. They want free ***and if they can't have it they will turn on Hillary.

Ninaj edit: Which works for me because I support Trump.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-20 19:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

Because look at most of Berns supporters. I am not trying to be rude to younger people but they seem very immature. They want free ***and if they can't have it they will turn on Hillary.

The problem is they have a much more likely chance of getting that free *** (usually) by voting Hillary over Trump, so it would make sense to do that. They won't because "watch the world burn".
By Altimaomega 2016-02-20 19:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is they have a much more likely chance of getting that free *** (usually) by voting Hillary over Trump, so it would make sense to do that. They won't because "watch the world burn".
Altimaomega said: »
You expect sanders supporters to make sense?
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-02-20 19:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

We constantly, at least media does, mock trump supporters but this incident today from Sanders supporters is both racist and tacky.

My grandmothers in this country don't speak fluent English and they've been here since before the 30's. It's insulting. They both legally obtained citizenship and residency, they deserves a fair voting process.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-20 19:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Appears that a certain group of people feel the need to be heard. Still pretty damn sad considering how few people are voting compared to population size.

What did I just say about caucuses? Its a stupid voting system, and next week the numbers will be switched because the GOP is going in Nevada and the Dems are going in SC. It has nothing to do with ideology, one system is infinitely superior to the other.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-02-20 20:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

What did I just say about caucuses? Its a stupid voting system, and next week the numbers will be switched because the GOP is going in Nevada and the Dems are going in SC. It has nothing to do with ideology, one system is infinitely superior to the other.

what's the difference I know about politics but Im not exactly sure what differentiates a caucus from a primary?
VIP
By Terraka 2016-02-20 20:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

His plans are to take away tax breaks from those who make $150,000+ a year and increase their taxes substantially, while slightly increasing middle and lower class taxes (we're talking like 2.2% increase, $46 dollars a month, which breaks down to about $11.50 a week) The taxes of the ones making over $150,000 a year will increase the most.

Source

Let me ask you this. Public elementary, middle and high school are all free. What makes public universities any different? Don't we all deserve a higher education without the fear of possibly debilitating debt? How can we expect our children to start their adult lives with $10,000+ in debt? Yes, there is financial aid, but most often times, it doesn't cover everything. Most don't qualify for scholarships either, which still might not cover everything.

In case you're wondering about "socialism." Yes,history has shown us that a STRICTLY socialist government doesn't work, but Bernie is a Democratic Socialists and
Democratic Socialism, as defined by dictionary.com, is a form of socialism with a democratic government; the ownership and control of the means of production, capitol, land, property, etc., by the community as a whole - combined with a democratic government.

Source

Did you know that public libraries, public zoos, highways, public schools, the military, the police and fire departments, postal service, garbage collection, landfills, jails and prisons, social security and VA Health Care are all some examples of socialism in present day America?

Source

What I really don't understand is the same people who complains about their tax dollars towards policies and ideas that could help make America better as a whole, don't complain about their tax money being used to help give shelter, food and medical care to murderers, rapests and robbers. How can the wellbeing of criminals mean more to some than the well being of their family, their friends and their neighbors? Hell, even they themselves can and will benefit from a tuition free future.

It's not even just the idea of tuition free. Universal healthcare would be amazing, have you ever seen someone struggle with hospital bills, after insurance, who just survived cancer? Those hospital bills are close to 6 digits. Why should people who didn't ask to get this illness, who have fought to survive this illness for years, be strapped with bills they never even wanted?
By Altimaomega 2016-02-20 20:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

So you're saying that the dems are going to match 800k voters next week and the repubs are only going to have 11k..

rofl.....
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-02-20 20:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Terraka said: »
It's not even just the idea of tuition free. Universal healthcare would be amazing, have you ever seen someone struggle with hospital bills, after insurance, who just survived cancer? Those hospital bills are close to 6 digits. Why should people who didn't ask to get this illness, who have fought to survive this illness for years, be strapped with bills they never even wanted?

In practice it works great on specific models. However, when you attempt to superimpose it on a model like the US which has a bigger population, larger number of infections/diseases, larger number of travelers, etc. the money has to come from somewhere. These models(countries) where his single-payer system works are smaller than California and have no where near as a complex health system as the state let alone the US. You're essentially trying to oversimply a very complex health system and hoping it works EXACTLY the same way.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1278 1279 1280 ... 1375 1376 1377