Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1274 1275 1276 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 12:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I can't tell if people who are anti-wall are just anti-wall for the logistical reasons (which is a decent argument) or just flat out like illegal immigration.

Well if they're drinking the kool-aid they don't see any problem with illegal immigration, they think the statistics are just made up and they don't think it has any negative repercussions. OR they don't care about those, and are too engrossed in their feelz that it's the US' responsibility to take care of the worlds poor (which is suicide).

If they're making the kool-aid, then they really just love letting in violent rapists and murderers because they really do hate everyone (or the white majority) in the country.

Some people here it isn't a tough call, some people it is.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 12:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't tell if people who are anti-wall are just anti-wall for the logistical reasons (which is a decent argument) or just flat out like illegal immigration.

How do you think a wall is going to stop illegal immigration? I wish a moderator would ask Trump or Cruz this question.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 12:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Try reading past the second sentence.

I did! How many people do you see climbing over them? They seem to do a great job permitting people to enter one place and not permitting people to enter another. Thanks the whole point!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 12:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

How do you think a wall is going to stop illegal immigration? I wish a moderator would ask Trump or Cruz this question.

How many people are climbing over the Vatican walls?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 12:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

I'm not expecting anything from you nausi. I don't care about the Vatican walls, they have zero relevance to this conversation.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-18 12:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Try reading past the second sentence.

I did! How many people do you see climbing over them? They seem to do a great job permitting people to enter one place and not permitting people to enter another. Thanks the whole point!
The border is open >.>

Unless you're advocating for a wall just to let anyone enter, this argument is *** dumb.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-18 12:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Why climb over the walls when you can freely enter ...? The queue can take forever so there's that maybe.

There's a queue? So, it's a controlled entry then, aided by walls. Huh. How novel.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-18 12:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hahahaha yeah, let's do like the Vatican and sell tickets to America. Only then will we be freedom as ***.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 12:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Why climb over the walls when you can freely enter ...? The queue can take forever so there's that maybe.
You can't freely enter the vatican, you can go where they want you to go. Everywhere else is..... protected by a wall.

Where's my mugatu.gif?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-18 13:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's take the wall out of the equation for a second. Hypothetical for you, Vic. If, with the flip of a wand, you could create a barrier that would only halt all illegal immigration, would you do it?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 13:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's take the wall out of the equation for a second. Hypothetical for you, Vic. If, with the flip a wand, you could create a barrier that would only halt all illegal immigration, would you do it?

Yea? I'm not pro-illegal immigration. Can we get back to reality now? How is a wall going to stop illegal immigration?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-18 13:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

U.S. border wall, wall around Disneyland. Same thing. Obvi.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-18 13:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Has any of you even ever been to Rome? Cause judging from some posts it doesn't look that way.

Or just to Italy?

Or maybe anywhere in Europe?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-18 13:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's take the wall out of the equation for a second. Hypothetical for you, Vic. If, with the flip a wand, you could create a barrier that would only halt all illegal immigration, would you do it?

Yea? I'm not pro-illegal immigration. Can we get back to reality now? How is a wall going to stop illegal immigration?

I don't think anything is going to stop it. It's a matter of whether or not it will slow it. There are real, economical and societal damages that can be caused by illegal immigration. Do the benefits of a wall outweigh the costs? Well, that's dubious. I think Trump and co. need to make a better case for it.
By Ramyrez 2016-02-18 13:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to get in, or out?

I mean, the sex slaves know better than to try and escape again after the last pope blew up Alderaan...
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 13:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Has any of you even ever been to Rome? Cause judging from some posts it doesn't look that way.

Or just to Italy?

Yea, Rome was wonderful, the Vatican was fun, terrible roads tho. Italians can't drive for ***.
By Ramyrez 2016-02-18 13:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Or just to Italy?

Yea, Rome was wonderful, the Vatican was fun, terrible roads tho. Italians can't drive for ***.

Where was it the Top Gear guys were that they cited some crazy statistic? ***. I can't remember.

I just remember it was the supercars in Italy episode and they said the city they were in averaged a WAY higher accident-per-day rate than other European cities/countries (I can't remember exactly).
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-02-18 13:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhhh...I know they're certainly quick to let loose security with batons if a vagrant is hobbling in at the Vatican.

Either way, why would anyone tear down a structure that is interconnected with various structures within the walls of the Vatican? How many riding roughshod on this hypothetical were appalled by ISIS plundering and destroying various Mesopotamian artifacts and sites?

Why is this even a discussion?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-18 13:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Italians can't drive for ***
You think driving is bad in Rome? Hahaha come to Naples and try to get out alive if you can! People drive like it's the farwest here, signs don't mean ***, everyone does whatever the *** they want and roads are narrow too so best of luck coming out unscathed to anyone up for the challenge.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-18 13:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anything is going to stop it. It's a matter of whether or not it will slow it. There are real, economical and societal damages that can be caused by illegal immigration. Do the benefits of a wall outweigh the costs? Well, that's dubious. I think Trump and co. need to make a better case for it.
there really is no case for a US-Mexican Border Wall. Hell, they tried that with a 5 mile fence, and it didn't work, and there was no argument or feasibility with that little clusterfuck idea.

Then there's the associated cost of maintaining a border wall (maintenance crews, inspections, increased border patrol, etc. [though the idea, I assume, is that they'll save money on border patrol long term with a 50 foot tall, US-Mexican length border])
But in order to build such a wall as proposed, who is going to pay for it, and where is the money going to come from? Increased taxes is usually the norm, or the slash of funding to things like education (which is usually the first to take a hit, primarily from areas in literature, geography, and history in education)

It's literally just pandering to the lowest, uneducated denomination in the US and their unreasonable fears that "the Mexicans are coming! the Mexicans are coming!" to take American jobs, that these same Americans believe to be beneath them. Which helped to create such a market, along with concepts such as the American Dream, to live a better, happier, more profitable life than the one they are leaving behind. And the employers, many of which who do not get penalized for hiring such a desperate workforce at the absolute bare minimum, or under the table at less than the legal wages without benefits, because they are expendable resources. And considering the fact that America was born on the backs of Immigrants to begin with.

It's also used as a major distraction against actual, home grown affairs that are often overlooked, ignored, unpopular (political suicide, even for trump), or might cost *some* money, that would actually, you know, "Make America Great Again".
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 13:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Uhhh...I know they're certainly quick to let loose security with batons if a vagrant is hobbling in at the Vatican.

Either way, why would anyone tear down a structure that is interconnected with various structures within the walls of the Vatican? How many riding roughshod on this hypothetical were appalled by ISIS plundering and destroying various Mesopotamian artifacts and sites?

Its not a discussion, nausi has latched onto something and really believes its a big one.
By fonewear 2016-02-18 13:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Or just to Italy?

Does the Olive Garden count ?
By fonewear 2016-02-18 13:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-02-18 13:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still waiting to hear Nausi admit how uninformed he was on the whole California attack considering the man involved was a natural born us citizen even though he's saying we let him in lol...
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-18 13:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Show me a 10 foot wall and I'll show you an 11 foot ladder... Fix the system that encourages illegal immigration or a wall is just a solution to the wrong problem.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 13:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Show me a 10 foot wall and I'll show you an 11 foot ladder... Fix the system that encourages illegal immigration or a wall is just a solution to the wrong problem.

I object to calling a wall a "solution."
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-02-18 13:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the whole pope and trump thing... I found it interesting that trump criticized the pope for questioning anyone's faith when he recently questioned cruz's faith openly.

As for the direct comment on the wall... I think the pope was speaking more meraphorically.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-18 13:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hahahaha yeah, let's do like the Vatican and sell tickets to America. Only then will we be freedom as ***.

Ever applied for residence? They're basically selling admission tickets already.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1274 1275 1276 ... 1375 1376 1377