Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1272 1273 1274 ... 1375 1376 1377
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-02-18 07:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
You probably don't even know much about Schumer, so defending him just makes you look like a partisan hack

Not gonna lie, I'm legitimately shocked that anyone ever bothered to write down anything Chuck Schumer said.

FWIW, I don't actually have a problem with them blocking the nomination before there's a candidate. That's politics. What I do wish is that they'd stop trying to phrase it in the language of his term being over, etc, when that has literally never been an issue before (barring Chuckie's statement, which is just as ridiculous as anything being said now).

This spot is important, and everyone understands that - it will determine the balance of the court. But stop pretending people are stupid - everyone knows it's partisanship, and I'd respect the move if they were just honest about it. Pretending the American people are dumb ultimately leads to the world where Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are leading highly successful Presidential campaigns.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-18 07:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
Pretending the American people are dumb ultimately leads to the world where Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are leading highly successful Presidential campaigns.
Except they are leading highly successful Presidential campaigns.

Maybe it's not pretend?

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 08:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Odin.Slore said: »
Why was it ok for Obama and democrats to fillabuster Bush's pick for SCJ but if Republicans even talk about it its OMFG the hate the US. Hypocrisy by some of the people here is amazing.
The obvious difference being that Republicans have refused to vote on anyone. You'd have a point if they had at least waited for a nomination to be announced. So, no, sorry. Stash the 'h' word away for another day.
So what? Is that against the rules?

All you're peddling is that Obama might be reasonable in offering a conservative replacement for Scalia, which, lets be honest isn't going to happen.

I mean you don't really believe such a thing do you?

Obama has done enough to screw up the country, his power should be neutered.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 08:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Put forth an honest argument for once, please and thank you.
Stop pretending that this isn't hypocrisy simply because of the (D) next to the name.

Two options here.

1) Libs don't understand that it's hypocrisy and insist that by splitting hairs it means it isn't.
2) Libs don't care even if it is but are denying it anyways.

What do you think is going on here because I honestly don't know.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-18 08:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Odin.Slore said: »
Why was it ok for Obama and democrats to fillabuster Bush's pick for SCJ but if Republicans even talk about it its OMFG the hate the US. Hypocrisy by some of the people here is amazing.
The obvious difference being that Republicans have refused to vote on anyone. You'd have a point if they had at least waited for a nomination to be announced. So, no, sorry. Stash the 'h' word away for another day.
So what? Is that against the rules?

All you're peddling is that Obama might be reasonable in offering a conservative replacement for Scalia, which, lets be honest isn't going to happen.

I mean you don't really believe such a thing do you?

Obama has done enough to screw up the country, his power should be neutered.
Well I mean you've had 7 years and 3 months to do that, you'll sure show him by taking his powers with 9 months of his Presidency remaining.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 08:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
Pretending the American people are dumb ultimately leads to the world where Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are leading highly successful Presidential campaigns.

I got news for you, nobody's pretending. People have always been ignorant. How else do you explain the people here who honestly think GOP partisanship is somehow a unique showing of racism to Obama but Obama's partisanship is somehow entirely justified or doesn't exist at all?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-18 09:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Nobody is saying GOP = racist, nobody sane at least.
So then, let's count off the insane.

Hillary Clinton

Obama Administration

Mainstream Media

Obama, although he "apologizes" afterwards.

Oh, and let's not forget the newcomer, Sanders.

So, if nobody sane is calling the GOP racists, then there is no such thing as a sane liberal/democrat.

Oh, and don't forget the countless democrat/liberal Senators who constantly call Republicans racist.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 09:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the rub here. If Obama doesn't get his way, the GOP is racist.

That's been the rub for 7 years.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-18 09:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the rub here. If Obama doesn't get his way, the GOP is racist.

That's been the rub for 7 years.
If he does get his way the GOP is still racist.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-18 09:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and don't forget Chanti and Sparth being insane too.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-18 09:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Racism is a poor choice of word and politicians using it in this case are only doing so to get the racial votes.

Some GOP candidates ( and some of their supporters ) are discriminating against other cultures/religions, I highly doubt the race has anything to do with it. That's a fact.
Nobody is denying Trump's rhetoric against Muslims, but if you honestly think about it, ISIS isn't helping matters any.

If ISIS disappears, so does Trump's rhetoric. I'm 99% sure of that.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-18 09:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Some GOP candidates are discriminating against other cultures/religions

we just want to assimilate them all into our corporate culture.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-18 09:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
we just want to assimilate them all into our corporate culture.
You better be posting this on your iPad using Comcast wifi.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-02-18 09:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Racism bores the ***out of me.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-18 10:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter what race or religion you are....

You're never more than a business suit and a rep tie away from joining the GOP!

proof-

it also helps if you hold your nose closed when you talk...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 10:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Racism is a poor choice of word and politicians using it in this case are only doing so to get the racial votes.

Some GOP candidates ( and some of their supporters ) are discriminating against other cultures/religions, I highly doubt the race has anything to do with it. That's a fact.

Prepare your feelz...

Should we discriminate against religions that have massive sectors within them that glorify caliphates against western civilization?
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 10:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 10:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So how many of the caliphate supporting terrorists should we allow into the country?
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 10:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Any one trying to come into the country has to go through the screening process, if they check out then they get let in, but if they are a caliphate supporting terrorist, they don't get in. Nothing needs to change.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-02-18 10:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to the slippery slope... I say if we can discriminate against one religion we can discriminate against them all.

You can't say there should be freedom of religion here and then start limiting which religions should actually be discriminated against... Unless.. Oh wait... The dreaded hypocrisy has reared its ugly head again!
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-18 11:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Any one trying to come into the country has to go through the screening process, if they check out then they get let in, but if they are a caliphate supporting terrorist, they don't get in. Nothing needs to change.

idk dude, they let me back in all the time...

I came back from Monterrey Mexico in January with a fifty pound suitcase and they didn't even bother to look in it....
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-02-18 11:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

White guys just get high fives, we shake the brown guys down to their socks.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-18 11:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

All you're peddling is that Obama might be reasonable in offering a conservative replacement for Scalia, which, lets be honest isn't going to happen
Why the *** would he do that?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-18 11:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

All you're peddling is that Obama might be reasonable in offering a conservative replacement for Scalia, which, lets be honest isn't going to happen
He wouldn't. Why would a conservative Senate allow him to pick a liberal for the position? They wouldn't.

We'll see what Obama actually does. If his pick is clearly from the Left, then he's just playing politics so that he can call the Republicans obstructionists. If he picks someone close to center, then he's showing that he actually cares about filling the spot. My money's on the former.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 11:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Clearly we're doing a great job because that California couple got in no problem. I mean there's no need to even bother scrutinizing a public facebook profile amirite?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 12:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

He wouldn't. Why would a conservative Senate allow him to pick a liberal for the position? They wouldn't.

We'll see what Obama actually does. If his pick is clearly from the Left, then he's just playing politics so that he can call the Republicans obstructionists. If he picks someone close to center, then he's showing that he actually cares about filling the spot. My money's on the former.
Nonono Ravael, Obama is somehow not the bad guy because he's Obama and the republicans are always the bad guys because they're the republicans.

We're talking to the guy who thinks if you hate the right things you somehow aren't a bigot.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1272 1273 1274 ... 1375 1376 1377