Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1184 1185 1186 ... 1375 1376 1377
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-26 14:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Jassik said: »
If I arrived at my home to watch someone unknown bolt out the door. I'm thinking the dude is as guilty as he looks. I'd rather the cop shoot them just to immobilize them.
I'm sure you'd feel the same way if you were the guy getting shot in the back without due process.
Why would I run? So I wouldn't be shot. Like I wouldn't be found doing something that would give me idea that I should [run away!]

Oh, I don't know, endorsing police executing people in the street without due process might make someone a little worried about cops gunning THEM down at some point. Clearly, there's never been a single misunderstanding or person killed over it.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-26 14:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're claiming we should run away from cops even when we're innocent? Won't that look very very bad?
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-26 14:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're claiming we should run away from cops even when we're innocent? Won't that look very very bad?

It doesn't matter how it looks, you don't have to stop, and people like you seem to think not wanting to talk to police is worthy of being murdered.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-26 14:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter how it looks, you don't have to stop, and people like you seem to think not wanting to talk to police is worthy of being murdered.
Dude you're killing me. Huh?! Cop says STOP! We have the Right to run like hell? Jassik I vote you "Most likely to be Arrested" lol
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-26 14:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude you're killing me. Huh?! Cop says stop. We have the Right to run like hell? Jassik I vote you "Most likely to be Arrested" lol

You have as much an obligation to stop for a cop as for anyone else; none. You can stop and get harassed or arrested for no reason if you'd like. Maybe you won't be one of the ones that get railroaded or have drugs planted on you. I don't do anything I'm not legally required to when it comes to law enforcement. I've learned that lesson the hard way, having cops twist my words to try and justify some illegal action or, in the case of a good friend of mine, be dragged out of the car beat up for having a car part in his passenger seat which "looked like a weapon". Cops aren't your friends, count yourself lucky you haven't ever had to experience it, but don't pretend you have a clue why people wouldn't want to talk to them and you're a fool for suggesting cops should shoot people in the back.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-26 14:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you be an *** and run? That only makes you look even more guilty. I have had runs in with the law and I am always respectful and never disobedient and I am still around to tell the story. Moral: Don't be a *** to the cops if your not doing anything and you won't have a problem.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-26 14:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cops aren't even human to Jassik. They are public servants. Trash worthy of no respect.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-26 14:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude you're killing me. Huh?! Cop says stop. We have the Right to run like hell? Jassik I vote you "Most likely to be Arrested" lol

You have as much an obligation to stop for a cop as for anyone else; none. You can stop and get harassed or arrested for no reason if you'd like. Maybe you won't be one of the ones that get railroaded or have drugs planted on you. I don't do anything I'm not legally required to when it comes to law enforcement. I've learned that lesson the hard way, having cops twist my words to try and justify some illegal action or, in the case of a good friend of mine, be dragged out of the car beat up for having a car part in his passenger seat which "looked like a weapon". Cops aren't your friends, count yourself lucky you haven't ever had to experience it, but don't pretend you have a clue why people wouldn't want to talk to them and you're a fool for suggesting cops should shoot people in the back.
"Police are the Enemy" I think it's that perception in itself that will give you more problems than anything. There are ways of defending yourself against false accusations in court yet I don't think running from police will prove anyone's innocence anytime soon.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-26 14:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of how you think it looks to run or walk away from a police officer, it's not illegal and not grounds to assume they're guilty of something. You keep assuming that having nothing to hide means you should freely expose yourself to anyone who asks regardless of circumstance. The 4th amendment guarantees the right to be secure in your person and papers against unlawful searches and seizures. A cop stopping you without cause and demanding your papers is literally the exact definition of an unlawful search and seizure. If you DON'T walk away, you are consenting to that action, unless you clearly state you do not consent. And, the only thing cops on a power trip hate more than you walking away is you voicing your rights.

You don't even have to be aware that you're running away. A girl was assaulted by a cop a few years back in Colorado for "failing to stop when ordered". She was running for exercise with headphones on and never heard the officer, so of course she deserved to be thrown face first on the pavement then charged with assaulting an officer when she attempted to fend off her assailant without knowing it was a police officer. Should she have been shot dead for running away? Maybe for assaulting a police officer?

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Cops aren't even human to Jassik. They are public servants. Trash worthy of no respect.

In the performance of their duties they should be subject to the absolute maximum critique. If there were actual consequences for murdering unarmed citizens or harassing people, you can bet the bad eggs would sort themselves out and we could go back to your fairytale world where all cops are shining beacons of perfection and we should all rub one out while admiring their chiseled badges.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-26 15:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of how you think it looks to run or walk away from a police officer, it's not illegal and not grounds to assume they're guilty of something. You keep assuming that having nothing to hide means you should freely expose yourself to anyone who asks regardless of circumstance. The 4th amendment guarantees the right to be secure in your person and papers against unlawful searches and seizures. A cop stopping you without cause and demanding your papers is literally the exact definition of an unlawful search and seizure. If you DON'T walk away, you are consenting to that action, unless you clearly state you do not consent. And, the only thing cops on a power trip hate more than you walking away is you voicing your rights.

You don't even have to be aware that you're running away. A girl was assaulted by a cop a few years back in Colorado for "failing to stop when ordered". She was running for exercise with headphones on and never heard the officer, so of course she deserved to be thrown face first on the pavement then charged with assaulting an officer when she attempted to fend off her assailant without knowing it was a police officer. Should she have been shot dead for running away? Maybe for assaulting a police officer?

In the performance of their duties they should be subject to the absolute maximum critique. If there were actual consequences for murdering unarmed citizens or harassing people, you can bet the bad eggs would sort themselves out and we could go back to your fairytale world where all cops are shining beacons of perfection and we should all rub one out while admiring their chiseled badges.

Simple search of you tube pulled up this little gem. With ***like this I would be nervous as a cop too.

Working cell phone gun

For those not wanting to watch the video it is a .22 caliber gun disguised and made to resemble a cell phone, with working screen. So maybe when a cop tells you to put down your phone or something, it's probably a good idea.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-26 17:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

Simple search of you tube pulled up this little gem. With ***like this I would be nervous as a cop too.

Working cell phone gun

For those not wanting to watch the video it is a .22 caliber gun disguised and made to resemble a cell phone, with working screen. So maybe when a cop tells you to put down your phone or something, it's probably a good idea.

I suppose we should just start walking around with our hands up at all times, since apparently everything is a weapon and cops can't be expected not to shoot anyone holding anything larger than a .22 rimfire.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-26 23:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Working cell phone gun

I suppose we should just start walking around with our hands up at all times, since apparently everything is a weapon and cops can't be expected not to shoot anyone holding anything larger than a .22 rimfire.

No the morale is don't be a ***, not just to cops but to anyone. Do you downgrade the fast food worker when you order something? Berate the trash guy when they say leave your stuff on the curb? If they ask you to do something why give them a hard time? They just doing a job, a difficult one at that. Show some respect.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-26 23:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No the morale is don't be a ***, not just to cops but to anyone. Do you downgrade the fast food worker when you order something? Berate the trash guy when they say leave your stuff on the curb? If they ask you to do something why give them a hard time? They just doing a job, a difficult one at that. Show some respect.

Being a *** doesn't warrant a death sentence. There's also very little risk of the sanitation worker shooting me in the back for not sorting my recyclables. And, no, I'm never a *** to cops, but I sure as hell am not going to bend over backwards to be nice to one who's overstepping his authority or being a *** to me.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-27 00:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You have as much an obligation to stop for a cop as for anyone else; none.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-27 01:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You have as much an obligation to stop for a cop as for anyone else; none.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fourth_amendment

All you need to know. Make sure you read it more carefully than you read my posts.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-27 01:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

With all due respect, not only are your posts all over the place but what you're claiming is not even reality. That's not even including the last conversation prior to this ><
If Police give the order to stop. You are obligated to stop. It's the same as stopping cuz a cop pulled over your car. You can't just run off into the sunset. I'm sure you had some points you felt you made yet all of it is irrelevant cuz your acting as if some girl with her headphones on her head jogging is the same as an obvious suspect fleeing a crime scene. Which is extremely irrational thinking. I don't have time to look into the story but it's pretty obvious the ability to distinguish the difference between someone "jogging" vs someone "fleeing" from a problem trying to escape....
Half the other statements you made twisted my words around into a pretzel. Anyways. Whatever. No big deal.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-27 09:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

With all due respect, not only are your posts all over the place but what you're claiming is not even reality. That's not even including the last conversation prior to this ><
If Police give the order to stop. You are obligated to stop. It's the same as stopping cuz a cop pulled over your car. You can't just run off into the sunset. I'm sure you had some points you felt you made yet all of it is irrelevant cuz your acting as if some girl with her headphones on her head jogging is the same as an obvious suspect fleeing a crime scene. Which is extremely irrational thinking. I don't have time to look into the story but it's pretty obvious the ability to distinguish the difference between someone "jogging" vs someone "fleeing" from a problem trying to escape....
Half the other statements you made twisted my words around into a pretzel. Anyways. Whatever. No big deal.
To Jassik, when an officer orders him to stop, obviously the officer is being a *** and Jassik has the option to ignore it. After multiple warnings, including the warning "Stop or we will shoot," he still chooses to ignore it, and when he is shot in the leg, he will make sure to sue the police department for something made up.

Never mind all the evidence pointing to the contrary.

MSNBC will sponsor his legal fees for the story, it will be blown out of proportion, Obama will tell his Justice Department to tell all of the police precincts around the nation to stop pulling people over and the liberals get what they wish.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-27 09:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If Police give the order to stop. You are obligated to stop. It's the same as stopping cuz a cop pulled over your car.

You are wrong and your adherence to these misconceptions is really tiring.

If you're walking down the street and a cop tells you to stop, all you need to do is verify that you aren't being detained or arrested at that moment before carrying on with your day.

Quote:
your acting as if some girl with her headphones on her head jogging is the same as an obvious suspect fleeing a crime scene.

Not at all. I'm arguing, and I'm in good company with every single legal expert, that shooting someone in the back is always excessive force. What's obvious to one person isn't obvious to another, and it's been proven that leaving it to "officer discretion" doesn't work and results in hundreds of senseless deaths.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-27 09:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're walking down the street and a cop tells you to stop, all you need to do is verify that you aren't being detained or arrested at that moment before carrying on with your day.
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
To Jassik, when an officer orders him to stop, obviously the officer is being a *** and Jassik has the option to ignore it. After multiple warnings, including the warning "Stop or we will shoot," he still chooses to ignore it, and when he is shot in the leg, he will make sure to sue the police department for something made up.
Did I call it, or did I call it?
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-27 09:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Those statements aren't remotely the same.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-27 10:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Goodbye asset forfiture, and good riddance:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/12/23/the-feds-just-shut-down-a-huge-program-that-lets-cops-take-your-stuff-and-keep-it/
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-27 10:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

Actually, they are.

He said that he doesn't have to stop, as long as he asks or verifies that he isn't being detained or arrested. Which is the same as ignoring the directions of the officer.

I mean, I know you love to argue with me, and will automatically say they are not the same just for the sake of argument, but damn, you are stretching that beyond the breaking point...

He claims to know "every single legal expert," so let's ask him this: What legal precedence gives people the right to ignore the officer when he tells you to stop, or to ignore the officer if he turns on his sirens to pull you over?
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-27 10:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, they are.

He said that he doesn't have to stop, as long as he asks or verifies that he isn't being detained or arrested. Which is the same as ignoring the directions of the officer.
Read it again. That isn't what was stated.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-27 10:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If Police give the order to stop. You are obligated to stop. It's the same as stopping cuz a cop pulled over your car....
No it is not.

The police are allowed to see if you are operating a motor vehicle legally, to ask for your driver's license, registration, and in most states insurance.

If I am walking and a police officer asks me for identification I do not have to provide it unless I am arrested. I can merely ask "am I under arrest?" and if I amn't, just walk away.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-27 11:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, they are.

I mean, I know you love to argue with me, and will automatically say they are not the same just for the sake of argument, but damn, you are stretching that beyond the breaking point...
Called it again.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-27 11:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, they are.

Called it again.
Seriously? Read it again.
This point here?
It's called going from contributing to a discussion to trolling. That's beyond earlier going from discussing a subject to attacking the poster. So you know what?
There's really nothing fruitful to continuing this. Night all.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-27 11:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
If Police give the order to stop. You are obligated to stop. It's the same as stopping cuz a cop pulled over your car....
No it is not.

The police are allowed to see if you are operating a motor vehicle legally, to ask for your driver's license, registration, and in most states insurance.

If I am walking and a police officer asks me for identification I do not have to provide it unless I am arrested. I can merely ask "am I under arrest?" and if I amn't, just walk away.

There are a few states that have upheld laws that allow an officer to violate your 4th amendment rights, namely stop and frisk in NY. I'm really surprised that nobody with standing has challenged them on it in court, though, as I know the NAACP and ACLU would provide the representation.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-27 14:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That's my point exactly. I'm talking about running away from police yet you continually twist it into something of a totally different concept. If an officer walks up to you to question you and you do as you claimed and take off sprinting. Once he yells to stop, and you continue to run, you just broke the law. Which is the same exact principal of Eluding a Police Officer.
No it is not.
Comparing two totally different situations. We are both right cause you're talking out of context with what I stated and that's exactly what Jassik does every other post.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-27 15:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's my point exactly. I'm talking about running away from police yet you continually twist it into something of a totally different concept. If an officer walks up to you to question you and you do as you claimed and take off sprinting. Once he yells to stop, and you continue to run, you just broke the law. Which is the same exact principal of Eluding a Police Officer.
No it is not.
Comparing two totally different situations. We are both right cause you're talking out of context with what I stated and that's exactly what Jassik does every other post.

It's not whether it's against the law to disobey, it's that it doesn't warrant shooting you in the back. Someone runs, chase or don't, you do not ever shoot someone for running, period.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-27 17:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Police arrive to a murder crime scene. Suspect escapes and continues to commit more acts of murder. You're perfectly fine with such a reality taking place. You must think every situation is very cut and dry. Zero variations whatsoever and that police don't save lives. Police are the problem. Not crime itself.
First Page 2 3 ... 1184 1185 1186 ... 1375 1376 1377