Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1170 1171 1172 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-17 16:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Something like America's most hated man arrested on fraud
Obama was arrested for fraud???
Eh, Obama isn't the most hated, he's just not really good at this job or being a leader, which is kinda what he should be doing, or at minimum find some little thing that can unite all people on some small scale... idk, I wouldn't labeled him as being most hated, just not very good at being president.
I'm pretty sure more people hate Obama than Schilling Shkreli. Hell, I would be surprised if people knew who he was.

Either Schilling or Shkreli.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-17 16:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Later Obama says ISIS is hiding out in Alaska with Sara Palin.

Of course they are. That's how they spy on the Russians.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-17 16:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I would hope Obama would be working on something more important than learning "how to drink your own piss."
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-17 16:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Something like America's most hated man arrested on fraud
Obama was arrested for fraud???
Eh, Obama isn't the most hated, he's just not really good at this job or being a leader, which is kinda what he should be doing, or at minimum find some little thing that can unite all people on some small scale... idk, I wouldn't labeled him as being most hated, just not very good at being president.
I'm pretty sure more people hate Obama than Schilling Shkreli. Hell, I would be surprised if people knew who he was.

Either Schilling or Shkreli.
Eh, fair point.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-12-17 17:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I would hope Obama would be working on something more important than learning "how to drink your own piss."
Is that *** eating crackers again like he owns the place?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-17 17:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Is that *** eating crackers again like he owns the place?
Naw, like I said it's not hate, it's more disappointment than anything.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-17 17:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread is getting a bit crazy better drink my own piss !
By fonewear 2015-12-17 17:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

In case you guys don't watch bear (you should) this is the thing:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-17 17:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
In other news, California has determined that aloe vera extract causes cancer. I thought that stuff was supposed to be good for the skin or something like that... guess not, unless it's not what I'm thinking.

Source
Shame the link doesn't include the actual study. Seems that CA automatically labels a substance as carcinogenic if the International Agency for Research on Cancer deems it "possibly carcinogenic to humans". Would've been interesting to read the actual report. Think it was already known to be carcinogenic when ingested though.
I had not looked deeply into this story or the research, I was just taken back by the mention of aloe vera extract linked to cancer.

Really the only thing I know about it, is from what I used to hear in lotion commercials when I used to watch TV shows with commercials.

At one point a long time ago I though it was some chemical or ooze that came out of the plant that helped to moisturize skin or sooth burned skin, but now I'm confused if that's what this is or if this is something else as the extract part may or may not be the defining difference.

This is one of the those topics where I can't even pretend to know what I'm talking about without some research. I was hoping by dumb luck somebody would have thrown some clarification around.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-12-17 18:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Aloe vera Non-Decolorized Whole Leaf Extract-Induced Large Intestinal Tumors in F344 Rats Share Similar Molecular Pathways with Human Sporadic Colorectal Tumors
Basically, they loaded up some mice with a particular kind of extract (non-decolorized) to grow tumors and found some similarities between the cancer pathways of the animal and humans. /shrug
By charlo999 2015-12-17 18:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

maldini said: »
charlo999 said: »
Here is a roundup of the opinion poll survey and its findings that were talked about earlier.

Did you even watch the vid?
By a Sunni Muslim human rights activist woman.
It talks about what the Muslim population thinks about extremist Islam. And the different means the extremist agenda is being pushed. With surveyed data.
Not about which terrorist attacks are islamic or how the wars in the Middle East came about.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-17 19:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
they loaded up some mice with a particular kind of extract (non-decolorized) to grow tumors
Those whacky scientists!

Ok cool, so that's the gist of it, now we just need a good analogy.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-18 00:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a roundup of the opinion poll survey and its findings that were talked about earlier.

Found this to be interesting.
https://vimeo.com/111380331

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By maldini 2015-12-18 01:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you even watch the vid?
By a Sunni Muslim human rights activist woman.
It talks about what the Muslim population thinks about extremist Islam. And the different means the extremist agenda is being pushed. With surveyed data.
Not about which terrorist attacks are islamic or how the wars in the Middle East came about.

Yes, I watched the entire thing. It was painful. She is ill informed and makes very broad statements.
It wasn't more than 1 minute into the video that she made an incorrect and misleading statement. I suffered through it and continued to watch. Then she says Hamas are one of the factions responsible for terror attacks in the US... until date there has never been a single Hamas terror attack in the US.
She says the same about Hezbulah - again, not a single attack in the US. In fact, both Hamas and Hezbulah have never attacked any other nation outside their borders.

I'm anti Hamas, Anti-Muslim Brotherhood, and most definitely anti-Hezbulah. I'm a Sunni Muslim. Just because the person presenting this video is Sunni Muslim doesn't make me inclined or obliged to agree with her. I agree and seek the truth. I don't see things in "us vs them" unless "us" = people who seek the truth and base our opinions on it. So she could be my long last aunt and be willing to give me 1,000,000 USD and it wouldn't make anything she is saying any more truthful.

The entire video is filled with lies, half truths and cherry picking without any nuance or actual point other than to reduce the complex situation in the world to a form of simplicity that lazy and uninformed viewers can use to entrench themselves in their ignorant position.
By volkom 2015-12-18 08:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

By Ramyrez 2015-12-18 09:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't watch sensationalist fakers.

Les Stroud or get the *** off the television pretending to be a survivalist.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-18 09:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

I don't watch sensationalist fakers.

Les Stroud or get the *** off the television pretending to be a survivalist.

Watch me as I survive all alone in the dreary wilderness... with my large film and sound crew.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-18 09:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bear is far more entertaining than Les Stroud. If I wanted to watch a boring person I'd look into the mirror !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-18 09:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bear is far more entertaining than Les Stroud. If I wanted to watch a boring person I'd look into the mirror !

I looked in the mirror once.

Never again.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-18 09:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Something something something GOP evil something something:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/18/world/middleeast/president-obama-national-counterterrorism-center.html

Basically this:

"Mr. Obama is struggling to fashion a message that reassures Americans that he is serious about battling the threat of the Islamic State while also avoiding what he considers the alarmism voiced by some Republican presidential candidates. Polls suggest that many Americans believe he is not taking the threat from the Islamic State seriously enough.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-18 09:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Watch me as I survive all alone in the dreary wilderness... with my large film and sound crew.

Les films himself.

Bear is seriously irritating. He overdramatizes everything.

I find Survivorman enjoyable to watch. Bear just looks for excuses to drink his own piss for shock value.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-18 09:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Polls suggest that many Americans believe he is not taking the threat from the Islamic State seriously enough.

Because polls ask general people on the street who also watch American Idol.

The thing about ISIS is that they want a ground war. There's no saying they'll win it, but they want it never-the-less because casualties = recruitment tool.

Also, their entire religious nonsense premise is based on bringing about their glorious divine rewards which requires a holy war.

There is no simple answer no matter how great it would be to say "just go in and kill all the bad guys."

Because that tends to make more bad guys in the long run.
By fonewear 2015-12-18 09:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't watch "survivor shows" to learn how to survive it's entertainment.
By fonewear 2015-12-18 09:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think carpet bombing Syria is a viable option though !

Trump said he would bomb the ***out of ISIS how can you argue against that ?
By Ramyrez 2015-12-18 09:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't watch "survivor shows" to learn how to survive it's entertainment.

Yeah but how entertaining can it be when he invalidates his own premise by having a three-course feast right off camera. -.-;

He's such a *** poser.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-18 09:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't. Learn. Anything.
By fonewear 2015-12-18 09:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't. Learn. Anything.

So some civilians get killed got to break some eggs if you are going to make an omelet !
By Ramyrez 2015-12-18 09:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't. Learn. Anything.

So some civilians get killed got to break some eggs if you are going to make an omelet !

My statement remains valid.
By fonewear 2015-12-18 09:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

First Page 2 3 ... 1170 1171 1172 ... 1375 1376 1377